Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2024, 08:46   #376

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

Have driven around 2200Km so far and did not face any issues, no idea what exactly was the issue. anyone has any idea about this replacement? Anyone else got the call?

If you received your vehicle in October or early November, then there was a change in vendor for DCA gearbox because of which there were delay in delivery for all DCA bookings. Since you already got your vehicle delivered they had to replace the same. This is what was informed to me by the Sales Advisor when I asked about the long delay. FYI, I received my allotment after 4 months of booking in Bangalore.
Prof87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 13:58   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof87 View Post
Have driven around 2200Km so far and did not face any issues, no idea what exactly was the issue. anyone has any idea about this replacement? Anyone else got the call?

If you received your vehicle in October or early November, then there was a change in vendor for DCA gearbox because of which there were delay in delivery for all DCA bookings. Since you already got your vehicle delivered they had to replace the same. This is what was informed to me by the Sales Advisor when I asked about the long delay. FYI, I received my allotment after 4 months of booking in Bangalore.
That makes sense then, I got the car in October end. Then it must be for this reason. Thank you
Old 7th February 2024, 14:56   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavmurthym View Post
It looks like they have replaced the entire DCA gear unit.
Attachment 2568801

Yes, seems so. Interestingly, this means roughly 1.7L + labor charges would be the cost of DCA replacement in case it fails post warranty period.
Old 7th February 2024, 15:17   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof87 View Post
If you received your vehicle in October or early November, then there was a change in vendor for DCA gearbox because of which there were delay in delivery for all DCA bookings. Since you already got your vehicle delivered they had to replace the same.
Thanks for sharing the details. Iím still clueless why they have to replace the transmission unit of a delivered car just because the vendor has been changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavmurthym View Post
It looks like they have replaced the entire DCA gear unit. When I asked why was the change, advisor did not give proper answer and just told there are some enhancements and issues they have fixed and so the replacement.
Arenít they supposed to take customerís approval before the replacement of such a major part?

Did you guys notice any issues? We have a Nexon DCA in the family which was delivered in November.

I was just searching about this to find more details and came across a Reddit thread about DCA issues: https://www.reddit.com/r/CarsIndia/c...ission_issues/
Old 7th February 2024, 15:30   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Thanks for sharing the details. I’m still clueless why they have to replace the transmission unit of a delivered car just because the vendor has been changed.

Aren’t they supposed to take customer’s approval before the replacement of such a major part?

Did you guys notice any issues? We have a Nexon DCA in the family which was delivered in November.

I was just searching about this to find more details and came across a Reddit thread about DCA issues: https://www.reddit.com/r/CarsIndia/c...ission_issues/
Exactly my thoughts, I had asked before giving it to service centre, the person was clueless about the changes. He said its just small updation. When i looked into the bill I was shocked and asked for more details why this is changed, Again there was no proper response from the service advisor. Previously I had i20 for 10 years and hyundai was the best service experience i had. Just for safety and Indian make I went with Nexon and so far its not pleasant ownership.

Issues mentioned in Redit:
1. Vehicle gets in netural in running condition from any gear spontaneous anytime. - Happened just once when I was driving in Mangalore highway and it was shock of lifetime when on highway. Happened only once and I changed to drive mode and it was fine later on.

2. Vehicle gets stuck in 3rd gear & refuses to advance in 4th gear.
Yes i faced the same issue multiple times on highway, but post slowing down and accelerating again gear shifting was fine. Did not find these as issues because it was not causing any driving issues.

I feel its of no use discussing these issues with service advisor and they dont even take it serious and look into. We have to live with these issues with Tata brand i guess. I made my mind, never again to TATA its better to own 3 star rated car than living with these issues

Last edited by keshavmurthym : 7th February 2024 at 15:33.
keshavmurthym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 15:32   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Yes, seems so. Interestingly, this means roughly 1.7L + labor charges would be the cost of DCA replacement in case it fails post warranty period.
Yes same thoughts, I have additional warranty for 2 years and its better to sell the car before warranty period ends
keshavmurthym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 12:51   #382
BHPian

Does Nexon has OTA (Over the Air) software update feature? If yes, anyone know how to install it and does it really work?

I remember seeing this feature for the top end Fearless + S variant in the brochure.
Old 8th February 2024, 19:10   #383

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Seems the classic experience that TML has is on display with new owners. Surprising to see the change of DCA unit. I got my Nexon DCT in early Nov 2023. During first service in Dec 2023, they replaced the driver's seat belt. Have driven around 2900 km by now and here's the list of issues faced:

1. 4 times it has happened till date when suddenly the car has stopped taking accelerator input while driving. Thrice on the highway when my speed was 60 kmph+. Twice it showed malfunction and the other times it asked me to keep the car in Neutral for 10 seconds. Was a nightmare on the highway to quickly go left and park. All times, I switched off the behicle and restarted after 15-20 seconds and the problem had gone away. This was the solution suggested by TML Service Advisor too. During my first service, I had complained of this and they said they will check the malfunction codes that would have been registered in the software. When I asked them after the service, they said they couldn't see anything and have erased previous issues. It should be fixed by now. Since then it has happened twice again.

2. Just today, my cameras don't seem to be working properly. When I am turning and put the indicators on, the camera is not switching on. There seems to be a big lag. It was all fine in the morning.

Beyond these, I think the car drives really well and I have enjoyed it. After first service, mileage has improved too. Getting 12-12.5 kmpl in Mumbai city traffic and almost 14 kmpl on highways when I drive in eco mode. Will check with my SA regarding DCT and changes that other owners have mentioned here.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th February 2024 at 19:36. Reason: Typos fixed as reported
KaartooS is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 10th February 2024, 20:34   #384
BHPian

One quick question on Wireless Charging Pad.

Does Nexon come with magsafe in wireless charging pad? I have iPhone 15 and it doesnt fit in the wireless charging pad. It gets charged only at the certain point and while driving since the phone is small it moves around and doesn't charge. I had 8+ before and it was perfectly fitting the pad and was charging without any issues

Not sure if this is the issue with my wireless charging pad or this is how it works. Can someone who used this please help me on this?
Old 11th February 2024, 15:38   #385
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transmission Error in Tata Nexon DCA

Sorry I don’t think I have much helpful advice in this situation but I would like to understand what urged you to purchase the Nexon? Were you unaware of the array of issues reported with Tata vehicles on this forum alone? Or are you alright with dealing with a few issues to support a local company? The other day I drove a comet and although I loved the experience, I would never buy one. Not because it is electric but because it is made so poorly. The volume up/down buttons on the steering ended up changing the track the doors felt like they were poorly weighted and not well balanced and the steering rack groaned and creaked in the parking lot. How is it that some people don’t mind their cars being less reliable than an LG microwave or any other kitchen appliance?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 11th February 2024 at 15:43.
IshaanIan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 19:17   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaartooS View Post

1. 4 times it has happened till date when suddenly the car has stopped taking accelerator input while driving. Thrice on the highway when my speed was 60 kmph+. Twice it showed malfunction and the other times it asked me to keep the car in Neutral for 10 seconds. Was a nightmare on the highway to quickly go left and park. All times, I switched off the behicle and restarted after 15-20 seconds and the problem had gone away. This was the solution suggested by TML Service Advisor too. During my first service, I had complained of this and they said they will check the malfunction codes that would have been registered in the software. When I asked them after the service, they said they couldn't see anything and have erased previous issues. It should be fixed by now. Since then it has happened twice again.

Seems like this is a common issue in Nexon DCA. I got Nexon DCA in December 2023. I have done 2560 KM so far. In my 1st long trip of 250 KM, the car automatically went into N mode and had to stop and restart the vehicle. The transmission malfunction error went away after a restart. At first minor service, the SA told me that you must have pressed break and accelerator simultaneously. However i know i had not done anything like that.

Yesterday again in my long trip of 350 km, the car showed transmission malfunction errors frequently after the spead reaches 80+ kmph. I am very sedate driver and i dont like to accelerate hard. The error was coming and going away. This happened 10/12 times in 2 days during the full 600 km trip.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-img_20240211_124431.jpg  

tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 19:23   #387
BHPian

Re: Transmission Error in Tata Nexon DCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Sorry I donít think I have much helpful advice in this situation but I would like to understand what urged you to purchase the Nexon? Were you unaware of the array of issues reported with Tata vehicles on this forum alone? Or are you alright with dealing with a few issues to support a local company? The other day I drove a comet and although I loved the experience, I would never buy one. Not because it is electric but because it is made so poorly. The volume up/down buttons on the steering ended up changing the track the doors felt like they were poorly weighted and not well balanced and the steering rack groaned and creaked in the parking lot. How is it that some people donít mind their cars being less reliable than an LG microwave or any other kitchen appliance?
Very good question, My decision was simple, budget of 17OTR, tested and proved build quality and Indian brand this time. So only Nexon ticked all the boxes.

I knew it before buying that there going to be some fit and finish issues with the car. I owned i20 for 10 years and even I had faced some small glitches, rattling sounds and part issues. Only frustration I am facing is the attitude of service center and their behaviour. Its pathetic and no words for them.
Each car and brand has some or other issues but its how the experience with service center matters the most. Ride quality and handling of Nexon and the best and no complains.
keshavmurthym is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 19:26   #388

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Seems like this is a common issue in Nexon DCA. I got Nexon DCA in December 2023. I have done 2560 KM so far. In my 1st long trip of 250 KM, the car automatically went into N mode and had to stop and restart the vehicle. The transmission malfunction error went away after a restart. At first minor service, the SA told me that you must have pressed break and accelerator simultaneously. However i know i had not done anything like that.

Yesterday again in my long trip of 350 km, the car showed transmission malfunction errors frequently after the spead reaches 80+ kmph. I am very sedate driver and i dont like to accelerate hard. The error was coming and going away. This happened 10/12 times in 2 days during the full 600 km trip.
Interesting. I was given the same excuse that "you have pressed the brake and accelerator together", which I knew is wrong as no such thing happened. I went to the service centre yesterday and they did a check by connecting the laptop to the car. They said no such errors can be seen in the log, so they were unable to diagnose.

While a few times it has happened with me on short trips, I believe this has got something to do with heating of transmission. The last time it happend with me, I had been driving for almost 2.5-3 hours. I am surpised that even though the transmission light was on when it happened, no such error was created in the log.
KaartooS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 16:41   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaartooS View Post
Interesting. I was given the same excuse that "you have pressed the brake and accelerator together", which I knew is wrong as no such thing happened. I went to the service centre yesterday and they did a check by connecting the laptop to the car. They said no such errors can be seen in the log, so they were unable to diagnose.

While a few times it has happened with me on short trips, I believe this has got something to do with heating of transmission. The last time it happend with me, I had been driving for almost 2.5-3 hours. I am surpised that even though the transmission light was on when it happened, no such error was created in the log.

I'm not sure about the relation with the transmission heating. Irritated by the continuous Transmission malfunction message popping up every time I hit the 80kmph speed on highway, i went to the service center today. The Service center is just 2 km away from my home. so no long trip this time to heat the transmission. They connected the laptop and figured out that the Torque and power ratio were not correct. They rectified the error and said you are good to go. Happy me took the car out of the service station, The car felt a little smoother to drive than before. Hit the 80kmph mark and yes, The Transmission malfunction error popped up again I took a U-turn, and showed the car to SA again. He said he will have to keep the car with him for a day to inspect. Now the car is with him and he will update me about the status tomorrow.

Last edited by tushky : 12th February 2024 at 16:56.
Old 14th February 2024, 13:09   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I'm not sure about the relation with the transmission heating. Irritated by the continuous Transmission malfunction message popping up every time I hit the 80kmph speed on highway, i went to the service center today. The Service center is just 2 km away from my home. so no long trip this time to heat the transmission. They connected the laptop and figured out that the Torque and power ratio were not correct. They rectified the error and said you are good to go. Happy me took the car out of the service station, The car felt a little smoother to drive than before. Hit the 80kmph mark and yes, The Transmission malfunction error popped up again I took a U-turn, and showed the car to SA again. He said he will have to keep the car with him for a day to inspect. Now the car is with him and he will update me about the status tomorrow.

Got my car back yesterday. Thankfully there is no transmission malfunction error anymore. All they did was update the software and cleaned the sensors. After correcting the power-to-torque ratio of the gearbox. The car feels smoother to drive than before.

Most Viewed