Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2023, 17:57   #241
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

Any idea about the delivery schedule/ waiting period of Nexon? The sales executive at my nearby dealership has no clue. Please share any info you might have.
Old 19th September 2023, 21:44   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder99 View Post
Any idea about the delivery schedule/ waiting period of Nexon? The sales executive at my nearby dealership has no clue. Please share any info you might have.
Have been told about 2 months by my dealership.
Safarist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 21:54   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder99 View Post
What I heard from my SA is that Vehicles are already allotted and they will start the delivery from around 25 Sep onwards for those who booked during the pre-booking period. As per him, the waiting period is 6-8 weeks as of now.
keshavmurthym is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 10:51   #244

I was able to see the new Nexon in the flesh.

While i didn't get much time with it, first impressions are quite good. The quality, fit and finish feels largely good and better than my current first gen Nexon. Since I had limited time, it was not possible to check everything properly. Only more time and actual ownership reports can reveal the reality.

Only immediate gripe was the plastic buttons on the steering wheel, which felt too flimsy (really liked the new steering wheel and it's feel itself). Hope its lasts better than it feels.

The old Nexon had a blower control for rear AC vents. This new one doesn't have it, so not sure how that works. Need to find that out.

Overall, compared to the older one, the new update is quite refreshing and something to look forward to. The design looks really nice and should age well. New seats feel better too, though maybe not ideal for tall heavy-build people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Tata priced Nexon slightly higher than it should be, specially with good, but 3 pot engine (though after April BSVI phase 2 update it is less noisy and has less vibration). Unfortunately, DCA is not implemented well as per reviews.
Coming from the original BS4 version, which while not the best or most refined, yet it has still managed to impress me more than I care to admit. So BS6 ph2 should be an upgrade of sorts in a sense for me... and for most people, i suspect it will serve the purpose quite well.

I am quite looking forward to the DCA. it's a welcome change imo. but i don't agree with your statement here. The reviews say DCA is not responsive enough if you want sporty performance. Which doesn't make it a "poor" implementation. Nothing wrong in Tata designing it for a specific (major) category of it's user base, who just wants to go from point A to point B effortlessly.

On road Pune price for petrol variants i considered:
Creative + DT is 13.97
Fearless DT is 14.90
Fearless+ DT is 15.49
Creative + DT DCA is 15.37
Fearless DT DCA is 16.31
Fearless+ DT DCA is 16.89
Top most variant, Fearless+ S DT DCA, is 17.48
alexvj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 14:45   #245
BHPian

Initially, I thought there is glass in steering center (so many reviewers said it), and in emergency, it will flip up like a laptop lid and airbag will deploy. But it is actually a plastic with a very small seam in centre running horizontally out of which airbag will deploy.
Here's the video:
ramotra3 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 16:35   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramotra3 View Post
Initially, I thought there is glass in steering center (so many reviewers said it), and in emergency, it will flip up like a laptop lid and airbag will deploy. But it is actually a plastic with a very small seam in centre running horizontally out of which airbag will deploy.
Here's the video:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=fquv3DGYpIQ

Thank God, this video saved many lives without the air bag being deployed. 5* rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvj View Post

I am quite looking forward to the DCA. it's a welcome change imo. but i don't agree with your statement here. The reviews say DCA is not responsive enough if you want sporty performance. Which doesn't make it a "poor" implementation. Nothing wrong in Tata designing it for a specific (major) category of it's user base, who just wants to go from point A to point B effortlessly.
If my expectations are not met, i would call it poor implemenation.

OTOH,
We call TBHP reviews to be unbiased and but still believe in other youtuber reviews. Because it suits our already fixed opinion?
Whats this called ? Selective criticism?
Old 20th September 2023, 17:45   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
If my expectations are not met, i would call it poor implementation.

OTOH,
We call TBHP reviews to be unbiased and but still believe in other Youtuber reviews. Because it suits our already fixed opinion?
Whats this called ? Selective criticism?
You can call out the design basis and talk about it, and if its implementation works the way it was designed. In this case, the DCA is designed for a relaxed driving, and it does that job well.

This is what the original TBHP review concluded about the DCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
All in all, the gearbox is more suited for a relaxed driver. It’s smooth and responsive enough for you to get by in most conditions. However, if you are looking for performance and quick shifts, you're better off with the Hyundai Venue or Kia Sonet DCT. This gearbox has been designed for comfort driving and it does that well.
So if your expectations on the design basis is not met, its not the right product for you. As simple as that. Don't go implying a product bad (by calling it a "poor implementation") just cause you want something else. And don't misunderstand, this doesn't mean that there will not be any issues with the final implementation of the product or design - which we shld be calling out appropriately for improving the product!

If I use your logic, the iPhone 15 is a poorly implemented product for me, and I rather have a Nokia 6600 which is a greatest !!! As absurd as that!

My requirements are not necessarily yours. If you like sporty performance, that's fine, and you are free to state it. For me, it could be a welcome optional consideration. But as you talk about bias and selective criticism, it's important that we don't introduce that on the basis of *our expectations*. If it's justified , then it's fine. But we need to present the right information for others to form their own opinion on what's right for them.
alexvj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 17:49   #248
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon facelift fuel efficiency figures revealed

Last week, Tata Motors introduced the updated Nexon in the Indian market. The carmaker has now revealed the ARAI-certified fuel efficiency figures for the crossover.

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-2023_tata_nexon_facelift_exterior_05-1.jpg

The Nexon facelift is available with a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine paired with either a 5-speed manual, a 6-speed manual, a 6-speed AMT or a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic. It is also offered with a 1.5-litre diesel engine mated with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed AMT.

The ARAI-certified fuel efficiency of the 1.2-litre petrol engine mated with the 5/6-speed manual is 17.44 km/l, while that of the 6-speed AT and 7-speed DCT variants is 17.18 km/l and 17.01 km/l, respectively.

According to Tata Motors, the 1.5-litre diesel engine returns 23.23 km/l when paired with the 6-speed manual and 24.08 km/l when equipped with the 6-speed AMT.

The Tata Nexon has been given a major design update. It also gets the next-gen interior with a larger touchscreen infotainment system, a new HCAV unit with haptic touch switches and a 2-spoke steering wheel with an illuminated Tata logo. Prices for the Nexon facelift start at Rs 8.10 lakh (ex-showroom).
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 22:07   #249
BHPian

I have booked the facelift Nexon in Key Motors Bangalore branch. Dealer is saying that I need to make the Ex-Showroom amount payment in advance to generate the invoice and allot the vehicle. Also, they would provide the PDI only after making this payment.

Is this the normal way now or specific to this dealer? He also mentioned all other pending amount like RTO, road tax can be made post PDI and then they take it for registration. Can someone let me know the process ?
Old 20th September 2023, 22:53   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavmurthym View Post

Is this the normal way now
No. You pay only the booking amount. Wait time. Vehicle is allotted. Dealer shares the VIN. Some more wait time. Car arrives at the stock yard or dealer. You do PDI. You release rest of the payment. Car goes for registration. You take the delivery.

Last edited by kpkeerthi : 20th September 2023 at 22:54.
kpkeerthi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 22:57   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
No. You pay only the booking amount. Wait time. Vehicle is allotted. Dealer shares the VIN. Some more wait time. Car arrives at the stock yard or dealer. You do PDI. You release rest of the payment. Car goes for registration. You take the delivery.
I am not sure why this dealer is telling me that I need to make the payment and post the invoice they allow PDI. Any suggestion on what should I do? Should I cancel and check with another deleter or make the ex-showroom amount as invoice payment?
Old 20th September 2023, 23:38   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Is this the normal way now or specific to this dealer? He also mentioned all other pending amount like RTO, road tax can be made post PDI and then they take it for registration. Can someone let me know the process ?
Never ever pay anything more than the booking amount until you get the car allocated. This is an unethical practice which many dealers have started following after the Covid across the car manufacturers. Refuse any payment demand politely but firmly.
khanmaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 07:49   #253
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure why this dealer is telling me that I need to make the payment and post the invoice they allow PDI. Any suggestion on what should I do? Should I cancel and check with another deleter or make the ex-showroom amount as invoice payment?
Sales agent is trying to play with you or they didnt find you as a serious buyer.
There is certainly waiting period and I suggest not to cancel here but try paying another 11k/21k at another dealer. You can cancel and get the money back even after vehicle is allotted.

If the sales still force you, tell him that youll speak with his boss and pay up balance. I dont think that his manager wouldnt be as dumb as this sales guy.

You need not pay anything more than booking amount till you see the car. Of course, if im coming with full cash to the showroom, I would be respected more
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 09:12   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Sales agent is trying to play with you or they didnt find you as a serious buyer.
There is certainly waiting period and I suggest not to cancel here but try paying another 11k/21k at another dealer. You can cancel and get the money back even after vehicle is allotted.
Thank you, let me try to talk them and see how it goes

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st September 2023 at 09:15. Reason: quoted content trimmed
keshavmurthym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 14:48   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Cancel the cheque and go to more honest dealers straightaway. Don't ignore red flags

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks