Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2021, 19:15   #6916
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
If yes, pat yourself on your back and bring back the board for reassembly.

If no, it might mean a problem with the relay or the board itself, which might not be your case since you clearly hear the click noise
Thank you for this. Will check it out and let you know if it worked for me. Hopefully I don't end up spending 10k. Fingers crossed..
Old 21st December 2021, 13:34   #6917
BHPian

Yesterday, when the valet returned my Punto from parking, he turned off the ignition with steering (and wheels) a little turned to the right. This locked the steering, and the ignition key would not turn at all when I tried. Then I pushed the steering a bit (towards dashboard) while turning the key, and it worked.

Is this expected? It has never happened in 8 years of ownership. I always turn ignition off with steering at center and wheels straight, and I never found it getting locked.

Maybe steering fluid needs a checkup?
Old 21st December 2021, 13:51   #6918
BHPian

This is expected. When you switch off the ignition and remove the key and do not disturb the steering wheel, you will not see this behavior. That's because the steering hasn't locked properly yet. If you slightly turn the steering wheel after removing the key, you can hear a little click sound and the steering will be locked. In such cases, the next time you want to turn the ignition on, slightly turn the steering in the opposite direction to enable the unlocking.

This is the way steering lock works, not just in Punto, but any car.
samcan123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 16:58   #6919
BHPian

Guys finding it real hard to find a rear wheel bearing hub assembly for my 2013 punto (90 HP Abs). Tried multiple vendors but all of them seem to have a different part in stock (which doesn't fit in properly).

Any pointers for someone who stocks them in bangalore would be great.

P.S :
KHT Fiat are saying 14 days minimum for part arrival. Dont want to wait that long.
Old 28th December 2021, 17:13   #6920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Guys finding it real hard to find a rear wheel bearing hub assembly for my 2013 punto (90 HP Abs). Tried multiple vendors but all of them seem to have a different part in stock (which doesn't fit in properly).

Any pointers for someone who stocks them in bangalore would be great.

P.S :
KHT Fiat are saying 14 days minimum for part arrival. Dont want to wait that long.
its here

https://www.99rpm.com/fiat/hub-beari...eel-punto.html

Orders between Dec 28 and Jan 4 wont be taken due to year end shutdown.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 18:16   #6921
BHPian

Noise while turning the steering

Hello, I have a 1.3MJD 75PS (2013 Mfg year) Punto run 69000 kms. Off late, when I turn the steering, there is a noise from the steering. Noise is not when in speed but more slow speeds. Also, the noise is not a sharp (kat kat) but a bit like 'kad kad' (you know what I mean).
I showed it to Fiat Service Advisor and he said that it's from the suspension and he feels that its due to worn out bushes. But, I was thinking that this is related to steering column.
Unfortunately, the Service Center did not have spares and was informed that same spares were required for other 2/3 cars and are awaited since last 1 month.
Any idea if this is really due to Suspension or Steering?
Old 28th December 2021, 19:11   #6922
Senior - BHPian

Re: Noise while turning the steering

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Hello, I have a 1.3MJD 75PS (2013 Mfg year) Punto run 69000 kms. Off late, when I turn the steering, there is a noise from the steering. Noise is not when in speed but more slow speeds. Also, the noise is not a sharp (kat kat) but a bit like 'kad kad' (you know what I mean).
The issue appears to be related to the steering in my personal opinion. Because my new Punto had this issue.

My December 2013 Punto Active had the same exact issue which the service centre could never trouble shoot. Their trouble shooting started with washing the tyres, suspension and underbody and I knew I won’t be getting any resolution. Do post the steps taken by FIAT ASC in this thread.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 28th December 2021 at 19:12.
Old 29th December 2021, 08:58   #6923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
its here

https://www.99rpm.com/fiat/hub-beari...eel-punto.html

Orders between Dec 28 and Jan 4 wont be taken due to year end shutdown.
Thanks I checked that but don't want to wait that long.
On a separate note, I found alternate manufacturer part but there seems to be some issue. The Abs wheel bearing in my car doesn't have the black seal however, each and every manufacturer has a black seal due to which their brand new bearing doesn't fit my car's assembly.

Pic below for reference. The one on right is what I need but everywhere in market we are getting the left one.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img20211228wa0000.jpg
Old 30th December 2021, 11:56   #6924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
Thank you for your honest feedback.
I'm done a experiment on the HU (Delphi) cable connections and able to create a AUX input without affecting the Blue & me. Quality of the sound is also excellent
Only one problem in this method, I need to play a silent track in the USB when the AUX input is connected. I will share the detailed report in the coming days.
Hi @mnvvishwa - bumping up old thread.
Do you have detailed instructions on enabling AUX input in your Punto? I have 2013 make 1.3 MJD Punto Emotion.
I want to ensure Blue&Me is intact but wish to take advantage of AUX.
Thank you.
Old 4th January 2022, 02:02   #6925
BHPian

Got a service and some performance upgrades done for my 75bhp 2009 Punto. The car has clocked 1,04,450 kms and is going strong.

The car has been remapped to a stage 1 in 2020 and this year apart from general service major work done includes-
Suspension overhaul
Brake rotors, pads, liners, fluid etc
Additionally decided to install a downpipe and bigger intercooler + upgrade the map to give me better lower end. Shall write more about the performance once i have clocked a few hundred kilometres and the map has settled.

The suspension that was available in the market was from Motherson but after installation i pointed out that the gap between tyre and fender was looking bigger. After some enquiries we found out that this was the post 2012 higher GC suspension and it's the only one available easily in the market now. It's about an inch taller than the pre 2012 suspension. The pre 2012 suspension is available on 99rpm, I checked this after, but i have decided to live with this for now. The front sits a little higher now and the rake has disappeared. This might help me with regard to underbody contact but i m not sure how much it will affect cornering. Have to admit i still haven't gotten used to the increased tyre - fender gap.

All said and done looking forward to another year of maintenance free motoring with this beauty who seems to be ageing very well.
Tokengrip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 12:10   #6926
BHPian

Re: Noise while turning the steering

Quote:
I showed it to Fiat Service Advisor and he said that it's from the suspension and he feels that its due to worn out bushes. But, I was thinking that this is related to steering column.
Any idea if this is really due to Suspension or Steering?
Showed it to a FNG recently and he confirmed that this is indeed Suspension Bushes.
Attached below is how they looked. They were replaced (part was available with Garage and was non-Fiat brand ) and costed me 4.6K including labor. Also managed to fix some rattles due to loose exhaust pipe, reversing light and a fused bulb!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-20211229_131218.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-20211229_131221.jpg  

Old 10th January 2022, 14:30   #6927
BHPian

Hello dmplog, refer the below link for the detailed instructions.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...-headunit.html (DIY: Adding an AUX input to the post-2010 Fiat Grande Punto (Delphi Headunit))

Quote:
Hi @mnvvishwa - bumping up old thread.
Do you have detailed instructions on enabling AUX input in your Punto? I have 2013 make 1.3 MJD Punto Emotion.
I want to ensure Blue&Me is intact but wish to take advantage of AUX.
Thank you.
mnvvishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 08:17   #6928
Senior - BHPian

Punto owners in Bangalore, do you know any trusted service shops around North Bangalore side?

I just wanted to get my brake shoes checked on my Punto.
Old 12th May 2022, 12:10   #6929
BHPian

Punto owners in Cochin, do you know of any reliable service shops for Punto Diesel?

Pinnacle Fiat at Kakkanad does not have most spare parts, and seems to be uninterested in solving problems.
My electronic key is not working, manual key lock is also not working (key is simply turning inside the keyslot. No stock for either, back-ordered. No clue when it will come.
Instrument cluster is LCD is not working. No stock, back-ordered by Fiat and no clue when it will come.
Old 27th October 2022, 17:20   #6930
BHPian

The Blue and Me system (2013 model, 90 HP) has given up. As a result, the odometer flashes continuously. As per the service advisor, the AC water pipe passes too close to the board and may be the reason.

The quote is 27k, and I don't want to spend that much, given I don't use most features anyway.

I would though, like to have a working music system with USB and steering mounted controls, for those occasional boring divided highway stretches (mostly the engine sound is all I want to hear). The SA too suggested I fit an aftermarket HU. Is there any recommended unit I should look for, which does not mess with any other electricals?

Would also be extremely helpful if anybody can point me to a shop in Bengaluru.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks