Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2012, 17:58   #5416
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Resale value can be based on a lot of factors how the car is used, the odo reading, no of owners, accidents (if any) etc. Nothing to quote against your car. Just a thing I wanted to bring about.

A punto emotion pack with 75K on the odo with a couple of minor accidents went for 4.5 lacs (bought for 7.35 lacs when new) in Bangalore. A decent resale value.

I put my money on Linea knowing that I will get lesser than the competition, but everytime I drive it forget everything else

PS: If the intention to buy the car is to keep it for a year or two, please avoid buying FIAT you will lose money.
i agree with you on the factors that decide the re sale value.

I also found that (since I explored the used car market a bit) Punto holds better value than Linea.

Somehow people just dont want a used Linea (not surprising since the first hand linea sales are also very low).

I tried talking to a few Linea customers (non Linea Fans) and they all said similar things about the car. They are driven and don't drive mostly.
  • The rear seat was not spacious compared to the length of the car (not compared to competitors)
  • The plastic did not have the rich feel
  • Although the driver feels involved in the drive and enjoys it, the rear
    passenger is tossed around as a result particularly, around those quick twisties

On the last point I said the 'tossing around' would be more pronounced on other competitor cars, but then I realized that Linea allows driver to corner faster.
Similar observations from my mother and spouse about the tossing around.

It is good that you forget the problem when you drive it.
Old 7th November 2012, 18:18   #5417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
i agree with you on the factors that decide the re sale value.

I also found that (since I explored the used car market a bit) Punto holds better value than Linea.

Somehow people just dont want a used Linea (not surprising since the first hand linea sales are also very low).

I tried talking to a few Linea customers (non Linea Fans) and they all said similar things about the car. They are driven and don't drive mostly.
  • The rear seat was not spacious compared to the length of the car (not compared to competitors)
  • The plastic did not have the rich feel
    passenger is tossed around as a result particularly, around those quick twisties
On the last point I said the 'tossing around' would be more pronounced on other competitor cars, but then I realized that Linea allows driver to corner faster.
Similar observations from my mother and spouse about the tossing around.

It is good that you forget the problem when you drive it.
The plastics are very much durable, just that the looks are bad.

I am not too sure about the tossing around part as my parents have not complained yet. They simply dose off the moment the car starts moving. So nobody restricting the speeds
Old 7th November 2012, 18:32   #5418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
Most probably I may take the risk and purchase the Linea. For me Linea has become the benchmark and no other car in the same price range provides the comfort and features. Regarding FIAT A.S.S I am satisfied, they may have taken time to resolve some of the issues but have put in enough efforts to identify and resolve them. FIAT A.S.S do not hesitate to replace the suspected part in the warranty and part availability has been satisactory.

Let's see if something/someone in a month can change my mind not to purchase a Linea/.
I never Felt the Plastic quality bad nor does it looks bad. The only thing is Fiat has not used diffident texture.
Go For it
1> if you plan to keep it for atleast 4 years.
2> Don't worry about Fiat Shut down, as currently they are concentrating on setting up new dealership and workshops so not able to focus on sales.
3> 2012 Cars are amazing, Better AC, better sound Insulation, better GC with minimal effect on handling, even they have improved quality of Speakers a lot.
4> Am owing a Punto 2012 and had driven 13500Kms and still to face any niggles, and Believe me my car is driven on the worst roads.
5> About the rare seats Linea has very good under thigh support and additional AC vent at rear.
6> Dash board really looks good it looks more classic with beautiful flow and gets perfectly integrated to the Door panels.

Go for it if you really love the car, admiration still guaranteed.
Old 7th November 2012, 19:14   #5419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
This one is new. I have heard people complaint about the roof line and the resultant head room but I have never heard anyone complaint about being 'tossed around' in a Linea. I own a T-jet and would believe that the ride is a bit firm (due to the 16" tyres) compared to normal Linea but my parents love the back seat. Their only grouse is leg room behind the driver seat and that's because of my driving posture. Since you have received this feedback from multiple Linea owners, I am even more curious to find out if other members on the forum have observed something similar.

@daredeviljpr
As per me, Linea offers tremendous value for money after the negotiations. It's an extremely capable vehicle and you will love all the admiration that it will command. Yes, TASS is an issue but they just need to be pushed a bit and the work will be done. They won't be as responsive as Hyundai but certainly not snobbish as some of the other 'premium' car makers.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 01:23   #5420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
I never Felt the Plastic quality bad nor does it looks bad. The only thing is Fiat has not used diffident texture.
Go For it
1> if you plan to keep it for atleast 4 years.
2> Don't worry about Fiat Shut down, as currently they are concentrating on setting up new dealership and workshops so not able to focus on sales.
3> 2012 Cars are amazing, Better AC, better sound Insulation, better GC with minimal effect on handling, even they have improved quality of Speakers a lot.
4> Am owing a Punto 2012 and had driven 13500Kms and still to face any niggles, and Believe me my car is driven on the worst roads.
5> About the rare seats Linea has very good under thigh support and additional AC vent at rear.
6> Dash board really looks good it looks more classic with beautiful flow and gets perfectly integrated to the Door panels.

I completely agree with you on all the points you mentioned. I am not concerned with the plastic quality since the Plastic in my Punto is still intact and looks good to me. It may not be the best but it is decent and you are spot on regarding the Dashboard. I love the dashboard and it gives a feeling of a bigger premium car in terms of design and flow.

I would be keeping this car for long and not really worried about the resale value. Who knows five years from now Fiat may get better resale value with all the efforts FIAT is putting to establish the brand .

I have compared all other cars in this segment and price range but none came closer in terms of Safety, Features, Design, Comfort and Price. The only -ve I have heard/read in the forum is the TASS which would be history with FASS being setup in the coming months.

@Biraj
The TASS I have been visiting for my Punto has provided a satisfactory service and I don't have any complaints about them. Now since Fiat has opened their exclusive A.S.S in Pune I expect even better service from them. I am covered on the After Sales Service front.

Any idea if FIAT is planning any new model/facelift for Linea in the next couple of months?
Old 8th November 2012, 09:10   #5421
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
even they have improved quality of Speakers a lot.

I disagree here, the speakers are nothing but crap. They crackle very easily. Waiting to pool funds to get a good set of componenet speakers for both front and rear.

Like I wrote earlier, go for it only if you love to have a grin when you drive this car.
Old 8th November 2012, 09:12   #5422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I never Felt the Plastic quality bad nor does it looks bad.
So, when was the last time you had a good look at the glovebox area?
Or even better, sit in the back seat and look at the glovebox area?

Its sad that Fiat still couldn't resolve the fit and finish issues, forget plastic quality.

PS: Page 1 of my ownership report had only good things to say about the speakers. Infact, they sound nice. I was surprised why everyone was against the quality of the speakers! When it reached page 4,5 of the report - the speakers were not even usable at medium volumes! Mine is a 2012 model too.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th November 2012 at 09:15.
Old 8th November 2012, 10:00   #5423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Its sad that Fiat still couldn't resolve the fit and finish issues, forget plastic quality.

PS: Page 1 of my ownership report had only good things to say about the speakers. Infact, they sound nice. I was surprised why everyone was against the quality of the speakers! When it reached page 4,5 of the report - the speakers were not even usable at medium volumes! Mine is a 2012 model too.
The gap at glovebox they have reduced a lot and for me its good that there is slight gap as due to the gap i can get my USB cable out of the box and connect the same to my mobile to play the songs.
And touch wood have not faced any problems related to fit and finish of the Car.Also till date speakers are good but still way behind when you listen to Ford Figo.

Last edited by parimal_g : 8th November 2012 at 10:19.
Old 8th November 2012, 10:08   #5424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Completely agree here. During the PDI I had asked the yard manager to take care of this. When glove box is closed still looks a little off even after getting it aligned. Also the glovebox does not hold too many things in the glove box except for a few documents and a few CDs. Will post a picture if possible.

On the speakers, initially it sounded nice, but now its getting from ordinary to poor. The speaker upgrade is pretty much high in the wishlist.

Quote:
The gap at glovebox they have reduced a lot and for me its good that there is slight gap as due to the gap i can get my USB cable out of the box and connect the same to my mobile to play the songs.
And touch wood have not faced any problems related to fiat and finish of the Car.Also till date speakers are good but still way behind when you listen to Ford Figo.
Touch wood here too, no issues as on date.

PS: A good way to use the gap for the USB Cable.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 8th November 2012 at 10:10.
Old 8th November 2012, 10:48   #5425
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and for me its good that there is slight gap as due to the gap i can get my USB cable out of the box and connect the same to my mobile to play the songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
PS: A good way to use the gap for the USB Cable.
Nice idea! May be - i should be putting a cable there too! Atleast - we can all tell our friends that its a clever "feature" from FIAT so that the mobile can be kept in view near the gearlever.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 11:38   #5426
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th November 2012 at 16:38.
parimal_g is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th November 2012, 12:50   #5427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
It could be due to some problem related to turbocharger. Ask your friend to get it checked. i have come across 2 puntos with turbocharger related issues.
My punto too had a leaking intercooler hose and i got it replaced.
Exactly, this could be early signs of a turbo leakage and/or failure.
Kindly get the same checked at the earliest.

Quote:
Any idea if FIAT is planning any new model/facelift for Linea in the next couple of months?
The fiat new launches may be something like this : http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/f...for-up-to-2015
Sommos is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 13:00   #5428
BHPian

Four months ago I came here looking for a new car. After reading this thread I decided to go with my heart and get the Punto & it had to be Red. In four months she has done over 10000 kms. My brother has done most of the driving in Kochi and this is the sole reason why I haven't started an ownership thread as I am yet to discover the true pleasures of driving her.

She will stay with my bro for now as he needs to cover more distance daily and I love my petrol Swift.

Here are three pics of our Red beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-56776_118667858290221_1086117572_o.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-56277_118678954955778_1658359969_o.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-sized_169901_118670478289959_1047210697_o.jpg  

Old 8th November 2012, 15:08   #5429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know how long you can wait, but it might be worth waiting till Jan-Feb 2013. I have a "feeling" that we may see some upgrades to Punto/Linea after Fiat opens their planned 80 indepedent sales/service centres by the end of the year.

The "feeling" is only because I think opening new service centres with existing Punto/Linea is not enough to increase sales and Fiat needs to create some new excitement/interest for these cars to get people into the new showrooms.
Old 8th November 2012, 15:47   #5430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I don't know how long you can wait, but it might be worth waiting till Jan-Feb 2013. I have a "feeling" that we may see some upgrades to Punto/Linea after Fiat opens their planned 80 indepedent sales/service centres by the end of the year.

The "feeling" is only because I think opening new service centres with existing Punto/Linea is not enough to increase sales and Fiat needs to create some new excitement/interest for these cars to get people into the new showrooms.
I sincerely hope that your wish comes true, but logically it is quite impossible to introduce new/upgraded versions so quickly. The whole concentration now is on establishing the independent dealership and service network and this will continue till March 2013 as per official statement. You can expect this to extend for another five/six months atleast.

Moreover newer models are put to test on the actual road condition much before the commercial launch and any such move by Fiat would have been spotted somewhere during the roadtest by now. Logically (and according to me) don't expect any new launches from Fiat before Sept. 2013.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks