Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2018, 08:03   #6826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
With 54k kms in odo I was recommended for timing chain and it's auxiliaries replacement for my 76hp BNW GP. I went ahead and proceeded for the replacement . Post the repair with brand new chain kit I am experiencing unusual chain rubbing like noise when in idle after a long drive. Not in cold start.

After extended road tests and hard revving, made the technician understand the additional noise, who reluctantly accepted it.

i am told the scrapping noise could be from the oil pump ancillary which is connected to the cam shaft side pulley is creating the noise due to excess play with new chain kit.

I am told the effect will lower oil pressure, is this correct? Recommendation is to go for replacement of oil pump and kit.

Can experts please help on this.. is there a fix for this without touching pump itself?
I'm no expert but looks like the timing chain replacement was unwarranted IMO.

My x FGPs timing chain was replaced at 100,000 kms only [actually 105K service and that too only because it was mandatory as per the service booklet.

Which service center do you go to sir? Maybe time to escalate the matter with the service head!

Cheers
Old 30th January 2018, 14:52   #6827
BHPian

Hi all,

Have a question for everyone who owns a Fiat and stays in Hyderabad.

Can you share the name of the best Fiat authorized service station in Hyderabad and the name and number of any person you can refer there?

I transferring my Punto Pure 1.3 MJD to my sister who stays there and am worried about Fiat Service stations in Hyderabad as I am not aware which are the good ones and which are the ones to stay away from

Last edited by rahul4321 : 30th January 2018 at 14:53. Reason: Typo
Old 30th January 2018, 16:24   #6828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Can you share the name of the best Fiat authorized service station in Hyderabad and the name and number of any person you can refer there?
From my personal experience of 3 years with my Grande Punto, AV Motors is the better service center in Hyderabad when compared to Butto Automotive. I had a very bad experience with Butto, and decided never to go there again
AV Motors has their service center in Sanathnagar. The SA who I always coordinated my services with was a chap named Srinivas, I don't have his number unfortunately, but he can always be asked for over the phone. The phone number found on Google is: +91 77299 85524

I don't have any experience with Pride motors, which is the new dealership and service center that opened along with Jeep's introduction to the country. Perhaps other members can add their experience.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 11:32   #6829
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone gone through Steering Rack replacement?
I have been advised to do so citing leakage.

I'm yet to personally check the leakage as my car (Grande Punto 1.4) is with Rudra Motors Pune. Had taken there for general service.
Old 25th February 2018, 01:19   #6830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Has anyone gone through Steering Rack replacement?
I have been advised to do so citing leakage.

I'm yet to personally check the leakage as my car (Grande Punto 1.4) is with Rudra Motors Pune. Had taken there for general service.
Our erstwhile Punto MJD had to go through a steering rack replacement at around 102k km. In our case, one of the seals inside the rack had ruptured leaking all the PS fluid within a few minutes, after that the steering became super heavy (Power steering was not working). I believe that the leak from your car is not so much, so you might be able to run with the old steering rack for a few more kilometers. FASS quoted us around 17k for a new rack (plus labor), finally we fitted a new steering rack for 14k at an FNG.
chiranjitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 12:54   #6831
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your response 'chiranjitp'.
The SA said that the leakage is minor. Please see the attached picture.
Looking forward for some expert comments
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_20180225_111057.jpg  

HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 12:40   #6832
BHPian

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Folks which is the best synthetic oil that we can use for the 90hp MJD engine ? I have been using the Selenia oil till now and want to switch to fully synthetic.

Also the service center does not stock any synthetic oil and are refusing to use customer bought oil.

I used to use the Mobil delvac in my swift before. Should I try shell helix ultra? Any feedback on the same ?

Any idea where I can procure in Bangalore?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by NFS2024 : 13th March 2018 at 12:41.
Old 17th March 2018, 07:48   #6833
Senior - BHPian

I've got the Grande Punto 1.4 Petrol, clocked 85k kms. The major issue I'm facing is that the car is guzzling oil like anything.

The issue started in Nov. The low engine oil pressure light came on so I checked the level and topped it up. 20 days later, I got the same error. I checked and the level was down again. I got the oil filter changed thinking it's a leak and went for an oil change. I use synthetic oil btw.
End of January, I got a check engine light and to my amazement, there was hardly any oil in the engine! I topped up the oil again. Yesterday, again I got a engine oil pressure warning. I had to top up with half a litre.

What could be the issue?
Old 17th March 2018, 08:41   #6834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I've got the Grande Punto 1.4 Petrol, clocked 85k kms. The major issue I'm facing is that the car is guzzling oil like anything.

What could be the issue?
Check EVAP system. Have you checked the exhaust smoke colour to see if it is indeed burning all this oil? I hope you keep checking the places where the car is parked for long periods for leaks.

Regards,
gK
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 09:34   #6835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
Check EVAP system. Have you checked the exhaust smoke colour to see if it is indeed burning all this oil? I hope you keep checking the places where the car is parked for long periods for leaks.

Regards,
gK
There are no leaks. It's just burning oil.
Old 27th March 2018, 22:04   #6836
BHPian

Dear all, I lost my Punto remote key. I beleive it should be inside my house as I had parked the car inside the garage and left the key somewhere inside my home. It has been two months and I am still searching with all hopes of finding it lost. Since the key is inside home, i dont want to replace the lock set. i have the key card and want to order a duplicate key. Does anyone have experience ordering a different remote key before? If you have the cost involved and how long it takes to get the spare key, can you let me know?

Thanks in advance
Old 28th March 2018, 11:55   #6837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Dear all, I lost my Punto remote key. I beleive it should be inside my house as I had parked the car inside the garage and left the key somewhere inside my home. It has been two months and I am still searching with all hopes of finding it lost. Since the key is inside home, i dont want to replace the lock set. i have the key card and want to order a duplicate key. Does anyone have experience ordering a different remote key before? If you have the cost involved and how long it takes to get the spare key, can you let me know?

Thanks in advance
The cost was between Rs 3500-4000 if I remember correctly for the duplicate key, from the service centre. Since you have the key card, the entire process will be quick.
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 11:58   #6838

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post

Thanks in advance
You can place an order with the service center and they will order the spare key for you.

I was also looking to get a spare key for my car (this was somewhere in 2016) and the service center mentioned it cost approx. 7K and takes about 3-4 weeks for the key to get delivered.
sabby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 20:57   #6839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The cost was between Rs 3500-4000 if I remember correctly for the duplicate key, from the service centre. Since you have the key card, the entire process will be quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby View Post
You can place an order with the service center and they will order the spare key for you.

I was also looking to get a spare key for my car (this was somewhere in 2016) and the service center mentioned it cost approx. 7K and takes about 3-4 weeks for the key to get delivered.
Thank you very much S2 and Abby. I will approach Vecto motors over the weekend.
Old 11th May 2018, 08:44   #6840
BHPian

Got the remote key replacement done by Vecto motors. The cost is as below

1. Remote Key replacement cost = Rs.4500
2. Programming cost = Rs.1525

Total cost is Rs.6025. The process took just about a week. Ordered last Friday and got the Key on Thursday this week. I did not have to go to to Vecto to order the key. Just called the service advisor who took the details, deposited 4K as advance payment to Vecto motors account directly which started the process. Went yesterday morning to collect the key.
gopikb is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks