Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 12th May 2018, 21:17   #6841
BHPian

Default Break fluid leakage

I was on a trip to Konkan region (Ratnagiri Vengurla) when out of nowhere dashboard showed me "Break fluid level insufficient, Do not proceed". This message came in only for a second and vanished thereafter. I thought it's a aberration as the message never came back. I continued further.
However, the next day, I noticed same message for a second and gone the next. And it started coming in very frequently. I also noticed that the message came in only when I made a left turn and no message came on Right turn.
I was worried as I had to do 200+ kms through twisty and ghat sections. I stopped the car and opened the bonnet to see there is some leakage for sure. But break fluid reservoir was not completely empty. Break efficiency was not hampered as I break tested few times. I kept the speed around 40kmph. Fiat service centre wasn't nearby (100km vicinity).
I reached a town and found a mechanic who confirmed the leakage but said it's not major. He asked me to top-up Dot4 fluid. I readily bought a bottle and topped up. Error message was gone. I continued to Kolhapur and showed it at authorised Fiat service station. SA confirmed the leakage and said break fluid reservoir and connecting pipe needs replacing. They didn't had it in store though and would take few days to order one.

Can somebody confirm if break fluid reservoir and the pipe comes as a single assembly? Cost confirmed by SA at Fiat Kolhapur was around Rs 1300.
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 07:34   #6842
BHPian

Default Re: Break fluid leakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post

Can somebody confirm if break fluid reservoir and the pipe comes as a single assembly? Cost confirmed by SA at Fiat Kolhapur was around Rs 1300.
https://www.99rpm.com/fiat/brake-boo...ire-punto.html

You can try to check 99rpm.
The brake fluid reservoir itself cost 1200. Which pipe is being referred to? There is a pipe that can be ordered separately as well. Pls check the above 99rpm link.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 15:57   #6843
BHPian

Folks - can you pls let me know what this indicator is flashing for? What does it mean ?
NFS2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2019, 18:48   #6844
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

My car was guzzling oil. Got it checked. Engine slips had got cut. Had to get the engine opened up and repaired. Spent 30k. Changed the front and rear struts as well. Car has clocked 105000 kms and its back to its good days.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:25   #6845
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Got my annual service done at 139k kms, total cost came up to 19000, around two third of this was for repairs and replacement. The car is 8 years old so I think it's OK, first fog lamp replacement after all these years.

Vecto is still going, but the traffic predictably is far less than before, it was easy to get an appointment. Glad to have the car back after two days of taxi and bus rides.
avira_tk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote