Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2014, 16:55   #3346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
The issue is present in my car too. The ground clearance has reduced considerably and the car bottoms out on areas it did not earlier. I am not sure about how to address this. I have my struts replace and the issue remains, so it could be due to the dampers. I will ask the SA to address this coming Friday and will post the result. AFAIK, the struts and dampers both work hand in hand to improve ride comfort.
Pulling up and quoting a very old post.

So, did you have a check on the dampers ? Did you replace them ? How is the car behaving now ?
How much did the Struts (4 pcs) cost ? Any idea on the cost of Dampers ?

My car completed the 30k service 2 weeks back and the Clutch Assembly was replaced under warranty. I forgot to ask them to check for the suspension. Will take it soon to the A.S.S. Have to be prepared with questions. Kindly advise on the cost.
Old 24th February 2014, 12:16   #3347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Pulling up and quoting a very old post.

So, did you have a check on the dampers ? Did you replace them ? How is the car behaving now ?
How much did the Struts (4 pcs) cost ? Any idea on the cost of Dampers ?

My car completed the 30k service 2 weeks back and the Clutch Assembly was replaced under warranty. I forgot to ask them to check for the suspension. Will take it soon to the A.S.S. Have to be prepared with questions. Kindly advise on the cost.
I did check on this and the answer by the SA was that the suspension has softened up. They did do some "adjustments to it" and it seems to be working okay. The point to note here is that i drive very carefully over speed breakers or potholes now.

The struts were replaced under warranty.
Mr.Beat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 21:23   #3348
Senior - BHPian

Last couple of 1000 KMs there was a sound "krada krada krada" coming from front right side when driving through rough patches. Last December I informed SA Mr. Somnath about this and after test drive he was not convinced about the sound. He told the Car needs be risen for further inspection. That day lifts were fully occupied and we postponed the inspection further since the situation was not that serious.

For last 500 odd KMs I was experiencing a softness in my front right suspension. I tried driving over half broken rumble strips to get a feel of right front suspension and it was too soft, whereas the other 3 were providing required stiffness (I like a bit stiff set-up).

To take advantage of today's holiday called Mr. Somnath yesterday and fixed the appointment. Car was lifted and initially nothing was found worn-out or damaged. Then the mechanic zeroed into the strut/bush. The bush need to be replaced but still can go easily for few more 1000 KMs if I am ok to live with the sound on rough patches. (rough patches are rare in my daily driving) Now this thing is not covered under extended warranty so need to pay out of pocket. Anyway decided to change bushes of both front suspensions. Pollen filter cleaning and under body (wheel wells) wash was carried out on special request.

Total damage - INR 1997/- only.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-invoice.jpg

Old Bush

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0297.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0299.jpg

Result - Sound gone and all shocks provide equal stiffness (feel).

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 27th February 2014 at 21:25.
myavu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 18:23   #3349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Go through this thread if you are interested in how the HU will look like.
I had posted some pics of the HU in removed condition:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...console-3.html
Sorry for the delay in replying. I was planning on getting a headunit when I go abroad, if you've changed the unit in yours, what about the connector? Did you splice the wires together or did you get the premade connector? thanks for the info.
Old 6th March 2014, 23:48   #3350
BHPian

Hi everybody.
Got my Beat serviced at Nikhil Automobiles. Seems they have gone to town by overcharging. As I cant understand and am a rookie about these request pl look and guide.Thnks
Consumables 88.89
Ring rubber no 6(2 nos) 55.11
" no 6(one) 37.33
Wuerth service plus 140.00
Engine Oil 112.00
Filter COMP air 448.89 (which is this filter?)
Filter ASM oil 118.22
Bolt AC CNDSR 509.33
Cmprssr oil PAG 244 30 m.ltr 573.60(i.e.1912 p.ltr.FNG AC guy said it will be free)
Cover FRT BPR Fascia OPGLMR 328.00(What is this)
Switch A stop Lamp 626.67
Klima AC disinfection 320.0
R134 AC gas quantity 0.6 533.33 (888.89 per unit)
Labour
Paid service 1175.0
Engine front cover replacement 480 .0

Total 4903.82
and labour 1655.00
B/up lamp switch replacement 120.00
Tyre rotation 125.0
AC service system level 1 EVACU 1380.00
Other labour charges 2355.00 (don't know what are these)
(Air intake clean1650.00
(Service plus 250.00
(AC disinfectant 455.00 = (This is the 2355 mentioned above)
(Air intake clean was necessary as per the service exec.)
Note:Coolant,FRT,Both winder assembly and RR both door stopper C.N.A.( what does it mean)

After discount of 10% on labour and 5%% on parts and adding taxes
TOTAL 10939.00
Somebody pl help so that when the executive calls me to discuss the bill I am in a better position to ask.He is supposed to call me but hasn't called in the last 2 weeks.
Thanks a lot for your guidance
Regards
faustus77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 02:49   #3351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Bolt AC CNDSR 509.33
Cmprssr oil PAG 244 30 m.ltr 573.60(i.e.1912 p.ltr.FNG AC guy said it will be free)
Klima AC disinfection 320.0
R134 AC gas quantity 0.6 533.33 (888.89 per unit)
AC service system level 1 EVACU 1380.00
Other labour charges 2355.00 (don't know what are these)
Air intake clean1650.00
Service plus 250.00
AC disinfectant 455.00
Note:Coolant,FRT,Both winder assembly and RR both door stopper C.N.A.( what does it mean)
TOTAL 10939.00
What are all these charges / parts that I have quoted above ?
Even I am totally at a loss of words to understand these charges / parts.

You definitely need to speak to the SA to get exact point by point clarifications on these charges / parts atleast. Better, drive to the workshop and sit in person with the SA to clarify things. It would be difficult to understand their nonsense over phone. Plus, if there is a refund, it would be quicker to get it.

It seems like a total rip off. A total bill of ~11k is unbelievable, however major it may be, unless you are replacing major parts like clutch assembly, etc. It sounds like a premium car service !!
I would advise you to check the service manual for the scheduled maintenance chart and see what were absolute necessary replacement. Better, ask the SA for the latest bulletin of the maintenance schedule, available at the workshop.

Btw, what service was this ? 30k ? Or more ?
Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 20:56   #3352
BHPian

Quote:
Ring rubber no 6(2 nos) 55.11
" no 6(one) 37.33
1.Consumables 88.89
2.Wuerth service plus 140.00
3.AC disinfectant 455.00
4.Service plus 250.00
5.Klima AC disinfection 320.0
6.Engine Oil 112.00
7.Cmprssr oil PAG 244 30 m.ltr 573.60(i.e.1912 p.ltr.FNG AC guy said it will be free)
8.R134 AC gas quantity 0.6 533.33 (888.89 per unit)
9.AC service system level 1 EVACU 1380.00
10.Filter COMP air 448.89 (which is this filter?)
11.Filter ASM oil 118.22
Bolt AC CNDSR 509.33
All of the above would have been used for AC servicing and repair. Was there any serious problem with your car's AC? Even if there was any problem, I think items mentioned in S.No. 1 to 6 are unnecessary. Also ask the SA to clarify what AC service system level 1 EVACU means.
Quote:
FRT BPR refers to Front Bumper Fascia which is an integrated assembly, but what is front bumper cover I don't understand. Likewise I don't understand what is engine front cover. Ask the SA to show these items to you and do take the photographs and share in the forum.

Quote:
Switch A stop Lamp 626.67
B/up lamp switch replacement 120.00
Was there any problem with the stop lights (brake lights) and reverse lights? Were they working properly? If there was any issue even then I think charge for stop lamp switch is too much.

Quote:
Air intake clean1650.00
Ask the SA which Air intake clean is charged, for AC or for engine? If it is for engine then it involves air filter element cleaning, throttle body cleaning and idle air control valve cleaning. but the charges 1650 again sounds too much. Ask the SA to show the service charge list issued by Chevrolet to check the prices.

Quote:
Coolant, FRT, Both winder assembly and RR both door stopper C.N.A.(what does it mean)
Coolant refers to engine coolant. Was the coolant changed?
FRT, Both winder assembly and RR both door stopper C.N.A. seems to be related to window glass winders and door stopper. Was there any issue while winding the windows and closing the doors.
I think that Service Centre has made unnecessary charges.
Whether you car is still under warranty. If yes then jobs related to AC, windows and doors should have be done under warranty.
Topolino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 23:54   #3353
BHPian

Soumyajit/Topolino
Hi
Thanks a lot for going through the bill and pointing out and clearing my doubts.
You have confirmed what I thought.The car is not under warranty as it is a 2010 model done 18000 kms.
There was leakage in AC and it was not working properly.Also the AC filter was choked.According to them it could not have been cleaned. That was the reason for overhaul of the AC and changing the AC filter. I did not tell them to disinfect the AC but they did it on their own and charged me.
Compressor oil 1912 p.ltr!! R134 gas 888. Are these prices justified.They shouldn't be overcharging on consummables,parts etc.They would have a price list
The CSE mentioned that the brake light switch(the price is as per list which I havnt seen) was not working. I had not noticed it. Would they lie so blatantly?
Engine oil was changed in Nov 2012 but the car had only done about 6000/7000 kms since then.Was it necessary ?
AFAIK the air intake clean is the flue treatment.According to them should be done every year or else it the engine may shut down anytime.Cant afford that as I travel out of Bombay,alone, and find difficulty driving at night.
Yes there was some issue with one door but no winding problem that I know of.
He mentioned some part was broken below the engine and it needed to be replaced.What exactly was it, I need to understand.
Am waiting for the executive to call to clarify the bill.Well it is 17 days and he hasn't called.
The bottom line is that it seems that I have been charged way too much.Also the engine bay hasn't been cleaned properly. Took pictures of dirt on the battery, engine block,near the bonnet lock on the metal, etc and sent to them.They have asked me to bring the car but for me to that is difficult.
Once again thanks a lot for your patience and help.
Regards
Old 8th March 2014, 12:21   #3354
BHPian

Quote:
Compressor oil 1912 p.ltr!! R134 gas 888. Are these prices justified.
Yes
Quote:
Engine oil was changed in Nov 2012 but the car had only done about 6000/7000 kms since then.Was it necessary ?
Yes, engine oil and oil filter should be changed every 15000km/1 year, whichever comes first.
Quote:
AFAIK the air intake clean is the flue treatment. According to them should be done every year or else it the engine may shut down anytime.Cant afford that as I travel out of Bombay,alone, and find difficulty driving at night.
Engine never shut down any time due to plugged air intake system. If there happens to be any clogging in the air intake system, there will be warning signs like rough idle, stalling or low idling rpm and the engine malfunction light glows.
Quote:
Yes there was some issue with one door but no winding problem that I know of.
Then clarify from SA what jobs were carried out for all doors and windows.
Quote:
He mentioned some part was broken below the engine and it needed to be replaced.What exactly was it, I need to understand.
I think SA is referring to pvc cover which is under-side of the engine, to protect engine from water splashes, mud and dirt.
Quote:
The bottom line is that it seems that I have been charged way too much.
I too think so.
Old 8th March 2014, 22:25   #3355
BHPian

Topolino
Hi
Thanks a lot for your reply.
After reading your reply I definitely do understand more of what has been done.
When I speak to the service executive will check if it was PVC cover or something else.
By the way is there a site where I can check the prices for parts and their labour charges?
Once again thanks a lot for going through my posts and guiding me.
Regards
PS:After my post of yesterday went down and checked the coolant. It was full to the required level so they would have changed it.
Old 14th March 2014, 21:14   #3356
BHPian

Quote:
Topolino
By the way is there a site where I can check the prices for parts and their labour charges?
Please click the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3388044
It will give you an idea about price of spare parts and consumables.
Old 16th March 2014, 23:15   #3357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Please click the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3388044
It will give you an idea about price of spare parts and consumables.
Topolino
Hi.
Thanks a lot for the link. Some items are missing. Executive is supposed to call me on Tuesday and I will ask about the balance items.
I was away in Dahanu for 5 days and while retuning checked the mileage.
24 kms on Maharashtra state highway and 60 kms on the national highway number 8. Got an average of 20.40 kmpl (without ac).Have got better in the past and have posted on this thread.
When I put on the ignition I hear a beep. Couple of years back there were a few posts about this.Do you remember the cause? Incidentally the friendly neighbourhood mechanic( who heard the beep) said that it is nothing to worry about and nothing is wrong.Is this something to worry about?please guide.
Thanks a lot for everything
Regards
Old 17th March 2014, 20:42   #3358
BHPian

Quote:
Some items are missing. Executive is supposed to call me on Tuesday and I will ask about the balance items.
Complete spare parts price list and labour charges for each job is available with all Chevy Authorised Service Centres, so you can get the details from them.
Quote:
Got an average of 20.40 kmpl (without ac).Have got better in the past and have posted on this thread.
Good FE. I remember you even got ~23 kmpl. I check FE at every fill. I get FE in the range of ~16 to ~23 kmpl depending upon the driving condition (highways/city), usage of AC, road conditions, load and speed.
Quote:
When I put on the ignition I hear a beep. Couple of years back there were a few posts about this.Do you remember the cause?
Yes. Beep/hissing sound is from the fuel pump. Many of the Bhpians have got their cars fuel pump replaced under warranty. Please see the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-189.html. Fuel tank and fuel pump is located under the rear seat. In my car hissing sound from fuel pump is present from the day one, but as it was there in my father's Maruti 800 also from day one (now for 14 years) it didn't bother me. I haven't faced any issue with hissing fuel pump for last 4 years in Beat and 14 years in Maruti 800. But please get the view of Service Engineer on this.
Old 24th March 2014, 14:57   #3359
BHPian

Guys- back on the forum actively after many months!! Many updates to share:

1: One of my DRLs went Kaput and replaced the pair with one from Ebay. What did I do with the functioning single DRL? Pictures coming soon

2. Went through 3rd Service. Got Injectors and Air Filter Cleaned. Lot of Pickup issues gone. Sadly, the mileage is still around 11

3. Got tweeters and floor mats installed.
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 11:00   #3360
BHPian

60k kilometre service and a handsome repair bill!

Got the 60k service done almost a month ago. All the persistent issues were addressed and some more(nuisance). Couldn't help being skinned by Chevy A.S.S. as I was down with Jaundice and had to be hospitalised, so was not able to oversee the actual repair work. The total bill for repairs was a handsome Rs.28k! Plus another Rs.8k for the 60k scheduled service. Parts claimed to be replaced included full brake kit, including new discs and drums! Most parts of the clutch (some welding jobs too) and a suspension overhaul. Will scrutinize the invoice and the 3 sacks of replaced parts that the A.S.S. had returned.
The good thing however is that the car feels awesome. The clutch is lighter than it ever was, the brakes took their own time setting in but now feels very confident, all the terrible noise from the suspension is gone, the car now behaves well on uneven roads with a much pliant ride which had gone missing since the car passed the 50k kms mark. The steering feels a lot more nimble too.
Will update with details and pictures in my ownership thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks