Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2014, 13:18   #3391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Folks,

Finally I got the Golden Bowtie Logo for my Steering Horn Pad.
Have placed an order online. Will update once delivered.
Congrats man! You really searched heaven and earth for the golden bowtie!
Old 17th June 2014, 13:33   #3392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Facing constant drop in car mileage since past 2-3 months, engine feels sore to drive sometimes and heavy lag noticeable when A/C is put on, I used to clock 14-15 kmpl while driving in city and 17-18 kmpl on highway, this has got reduced to 12.5 kmpl in city now and 14.5 kmpl in highway + city driving mix..........Could AC alternator belt be causing mileage drop? as I got tyres checked twice outside for any possible puncture, also got engine checked no issues spotted during servicing.
Please guide on other possible checks that can help identify root cause of this issue.
I have been observing a drop in performance after 2000kms of each service. I have made up my mind that I will have a comfortable and smooth ride for 2000kms, before the cars starts behaving sluggishly.

My mileage has also dropped. I have seen a trend and wish to share with you. May explain why it has dropped.
After each service, for about 2000kms, I upshift at 2k RPM. As days pass by, the car starts behaving sluggishly and I start upshifting at ~3k RPM. This may explain FE drop. Can you see the same pattern, or does it show less FE, even after a servicing ?
I am not sure if a link can be established between a failing AC alternator belt to the FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Congrats man! You really searched heaven and earth for the golden bowtie!
Thanks Ani. Literally, I had torn open every door, window and website on heaven and earth to find this.

Finally, it paid off. Just hoping that the product is same as is shown in the images by the seller.
Old 17th June 2014, 15:19   #3393
BHPian

Quote:
I have been observing a drop in performance after 2000kms of each service. I have made up my mind that I will have a comfortable and smooth ride for 2000kms, before the cars starts behaving sluggishly.

My mileage has also dropped. I have seen a trend and wish to share with you. May explain why it has dropped.
After each service, for about 2000kms, I upshift at 2k RPM. As days pass by, the car starts behaving sluggishly and I start upshifting at ~3k RPM. This may explain FE drop. Can you see the same pattern, or does it show less FE, even after a servicing ?
I am not sure if a link can be established between a failing AC alternator belt to the FE.

Thanks Ani. Literally, I had torn open every door, window and website on heaven and earth to find this.

Finally, it paid off. Just hoping that the product is same as is shown in the images by the seller.
Thanks for your input Soumyajit, my issue started post major servicing was done in Feb this year. FE was stable until end of Mar. One thing came to my mind was that I did not drive Beat much in the month of Apr as I was testing out my new i10 and when I resumed driving Beat towards end of Apr i noticed FE dropping consistently.
Old 18th June 2014, 08:00   #3394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Thanks for your input Soumyajit, my issue started post major servicing was done in Feb this year. FE was stable until end of Mar. One thing came to my mind was that I did not drive Beat much in the month of Apr as I was testing out my new i10 and when I resumed driving Beat towards end of Apr i noticed FE dropping consistently.
I have a strong belief that its nothing major to worry about.
Just take it to the service center and get the filters cleaned, tuning done, and clutches checked. That should solve the FE issue. If still it doesn't improve, then it may bring upon some worry.

Please do keep us posted on whether the FE improved or not.

OT: How is the new i10 FE. I keep reading that i10 has a poor FE. Never asked anyone, just came to mind, so asked you.
Old 18th June 2014, 13:26   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
I have a strong belief that its nothing major to worry about.
Just take it to the service center and get the filters cleaned, tuning done, and clutches checked. That should solve the FE issue. If still it doesn't improve, then it may bring upon some worry.

Please do keep us posted on whether the FE improved or not.

OT: How is the new i10 FE. I keep reading that i10 has a poor FE. Never asked anyone, just came to mind, so asked you.
Yes, I am planning to get a thorough check done at workshop, I have i10 Sportz IRDE2 version and after first free service it is giving an average of 13.5 kmpl in city (bumper to bumper traffic with AC frequently used during entire summer), yet to test FE on highway with this car.
Old 25th June 2014, 14:51   #3396
BHPian

Completed 1500 kms with my Beat. Odo now stands at 18000 kms.

Fuel efficiency has always been 11-12 km/l with 70% city and 30% highway runs and AC usually on speed 2 during the daytime.

One question, how do I find out whether my car got the ECU remap update from Chevrolet or not? I do find the low-end response very poor, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Can someone tell me what were the improvements in the ECU remap. I plan to convert my car to CNG soon.

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 25th June 2014 at 14:52.
Old 26th June 2014, 12:15   #3397
Senior - BHPian

Perfect Click!

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-30000.jpg

4 years, 1 month and 10 days passed by.

Little Beaty has opened-up nicely. Really enjoying available FTD factor to the fullest.

Delhi's summer is consistently throwing 42+ degree for more than a month now and Beaty is pampering me with 100% AC and mileage had dropped a little bit these days. Nothing to complain on this part.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-fuel.png

But there is problem

Battery is showing some sign of weakness. Morning starting requires 3 to 4 attempts for last couple of weeks. Couple of times at Red-lights too. Tested the battery after an 8 hour turn-off state and multimeter is showing 12V. While idling it is 14V.

So new battery is imminent! Now, which one? Exide is the choice of the hour. Guys, anyone change the battery yet?

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 27th June 2014, 10:38   #3398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

But there is problem

Battery is showing some sign of weakness. Morning starting requires 3 to 4 attempts for last couple of weeks. Couple of times at Red-lights too. Tested the battery after an 8 hour turn-off state and multimeter is showing 12V. While idling it is 14V.

So new battery is imminent! Now, which one? Exide is the choice of the hour. Guys, anyone change the battery yet?

Cheers!

Vinu
If battery is able to turn the starter and engine, I don't think problem is with battery. IMO it is due to the weak spark plugs. Change the spark plugs.
Old 27th June 2014, 11:33   #3399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
IMO it is due to the weak spark plugs. Change the spark plugs.
But while attempt to start, back-light of ACC and Speedo console is dimming (almost shutting off ). So it might be Battery only. At turn-off state battery (e.g over the night) should read 12.4V against my 12V.

Now I start not using remote locking and unlocking till battery replacement and I am able to start the car in first attempt. I fount that at off-state remote locking and unlocking triggers four indicator flashing and notification alarm. Minimum twice doing so is draining battery which reduces the amp capacity to handle the load of starter motor at first few attempts.

By the way did any fellow Beaters change their battery till date of their petrol car?

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 27th June 2014, 16:27   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
But while attempt to start, back-light of ACC and Speedo console is dimming (almost shutting off ). So it might be Battery only. At turn-off state battery (e.g over the night) should read 12.4V against my 12V.

Now I start not using remote locking and unlocking till battery replacement and I am able to start the car in first attempt. I fount that at off-state remote locking and unlocking triggers four indicator flashing and notification alarm. Minimum twice doing so is draining battery which reduces the amp capacity to handle the load of starter motor at first few attempts.

By the way did any fellow Beaters change their battery till date of their petrol car?

Cheers!

Vinu

If the car refuses to start in the mornings only, its a battery issue, to make sure that just take the car to any good battery shop and have it checked with them. They have an instrument to analyse the battery condition (its a big instrument with voltage and Amps with a size of approximately 12"L X 6" W X 4" D, forgot to ask them the name of it) I used to check the battery condition with this once in 2 months since my car completed 3 year. They say from the readings they can vouch the remaining life to a certain extent which I found very effective to avoid with a dead battery.

I doubt the central locking actuators and indicators few operations will drain the battery to make it struggle, then its high time to get the battery replaced ASAP.
Old 27th June 2014, 17:16   #3401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
They have an instrument to analyse the battery condition (its a big instrument with voltage and Amps with a size of approximately 12"L X 6" W X 4" D, forgot to ask them the name of it)
i.e Battery load tester
Quote:
I doubt the central locking actuators and indicators few operations will drain the battery to make it struggle, then its high time to get the battery replaced ASAP.
When the battery is nearing it's death every fraction volt utilised on off-state counts. While engine is running any shortcoming is made-up by alternator.

Yes, need to change the battery asap.
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 17:48   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Perfect Click!

Attachment 1254458

4 years, 1 month and 10 days passed by.

Vinu
My May 2012 Diesel version completed 41000 this week. Fuel economy has, as always been, hovering around 19-20kmpl on my 80km commute from Delhi to Gurgaon.

I have yet to face any battery issues. But yes, 4 years is a lot time
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-20140623_085717_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 27th June 2014 at 17:51.
BunnyPunia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 15:50   #3403
Senior - BHPian

So after 4 years, 1 month and 18 days (ODO at 30240 KMs) I bid farewell to OEM stock Exide battery. There was some more juice left but thought of saving starter motor (repeated cranking for ignition) and alternator from extra load and labour.

New Battery - Exide Mileage FMIO - MIDIN 50

Warranty 48 Months (Up to 24 months free replacement + After 24 months pro-rata basis)

MRP = Rs. 5500/-

Rebate on old battery = Rs. 750/-

Total damage to the pocket = Rs. 4750/-

Just before entering into duty
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0326.jpg
Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 23:57   #3404
BHPian

Hi everybody
The right signal indicator lamp which is on the mudguard and near the front door has been stolen. The plastic cover and the bulb.
Called up the A.S.S and they gave a price of rs 415.
Is it available outside so my friendly neighbourhood mechanic can fit it? It will save me 10 km. drive. I stay at Mahim Mumbai.
Thanks a lot
Regards
Old 6th July 2014, 19:28   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Some idiot ripped off half the rubber washer that is under the antenna. Water was dripping into the cabin through the courtesy light and pooled in the folds of the gear shifter cover and cup holder. I have had to temporarily seal it with silicone as the washer isnt available at any of the spare part shops and I dont have time to go all the was to the A.S.S. just to replace it.

Some people are just idiots that need to be beaten within an inch of their lives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks