Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 10:26   #1471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Thanks Topolino. One more question, is the regular setting same as first batch initial setting or it has some improvements?
The regular setting is same as the first batch initial setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Anybody checked their BEAT's full tank capacity?
The user's manual says its 35 Lts.
The fuel tank capacity is 35 litres. I always fill till auto-cut. Whenever I fill after the low fuel indicator starts blinking, tank takes up around 29-30 l. I would suggest you to fill upto the auto-cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
But, does this really matters? Anyways, Please check the fuel guage by only filling up 35 litres (not up to the neck) and see if it is showing full tank or lesser
Yes, the fuel guage shows full tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
All beat owners. Or those buying now?
Any more details.
Chevrolet is also offering 3 years free maintenace package on Beat till 30th September.
Old 27th September 2010, 18:40   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Chevrolet is also offering 3 years free maintenace package on Beat till 30th September.
I believe I should have waited for this offer. I didnt get any free maintaince when I bought.

And about the club mahindra holidays, I find it too lucrative to be true.
Old 27th September 2010, 18:54   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I believe I should have waited for this offer. I didnt get any free maintaince when I bought.

And about the club mahindra holidays, I find it too lucrative to be true.
I think we have bought Beat at right time because the price has now increased by Rs. 17000 on LS & by 20000 on LT models.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:36   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
I think we have bought Beat at right time because the price has now increased by Rs. 17000 on LS & by 20000 on LT models.
And the Cashless maintenance programme was just a gimmic with the hike. Those who bought without this can avail with an upfront payment of 13300/ IIRC.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:59   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Guys, can anybody tell me how well the OE tyres performs? Also, if I upgrade to 185/60 R14 on alloys, how much mileage can I expect to loose?
Thanks in advance.
The car performs well with the OE tyres in city driving and also on highways if the speed is kept below 100 kmph. IMO If you upgrade to 185/60 R14, FE will go down by 10-15 %. Please read the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-your-car.html it will help you a lot.

Last edited by Topolino : 28th September 2010 at 11:15.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:13   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
And the Cashless maintenance programme was just a gimmic with the hike. Those who bought without this can avail with an upfront payment of 13300/ IIRC.
If running is less than 30000 km in 3 years, I am sure one is not going to spend more than Rs. 9000 on Beat's maintenance.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:32   #1477
BHPian

ended up having to give the car for service. the rear wiper was hanging down like it was broken and the hazard light was becoming to irritating to use (it would get stuck in the on position and then I would have to keep jabbing it to turn it off). While I was there, I got the ECU upgrade and the car does seem quite rev-happy. I read that overdrive article as well, what rubbish yaar? lipstick test, water inside cup test? seems more like some science experiment rather than a auto mag and for everything, the jazz was their top pick. seems like honda isn't getting enough sales and sent a little bit of cash over to overdrive. its rather embarrassing.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:33   #1478
BHPian

also, has anyone looked into getting accessories for their beat? the chevy page shows a sunroof and all, I was somewhat intrigued how they planned on putting a sunroof on the vehicle. Has anyone done any accessories other than speakers and all?
Old 28th September 2010, 16:07   #1479
BHPian

Quote:
If running is less than 30000 km in 3 years, I am sure one is not going to spend more than Rs. 9000 on Beat's maintenance.
Yes, and thats why I stayed away from the package. There's hardly few things to replace than cleaning like oil, fluids etc. When I got the 5K service done, I opened the air filter and checked, its intact I would say untouched with slight discolored with dust. I've got it cleaned from my local mech rather taking it once again to these techies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
ended up having to give the car for service. the rear wiper was hanging down like it was broken and the hazard light was becoming to irritating to use (it would get stuck in the on position and then I would have to keep jabbing it to turn it off). While I was there, I got the ECU upgrade and the car does seem quite rev-happy. I read that overdrive article as well, what rubbish yaar? lipstick test, water inside cup test? seems more like some science experiment rather than a auto mag and for everything, the jazz was their top pick. seems like honda isn't getting enough sales and sent a little bit of cash over to overdrive. its rather embarrassing.
Heard that rear wiper is coming off in the earlier batches. Is it belong to the earlier batch?

BTW, I've'nt used this hazzard switch even once during this 7 months. Why you guys are fiddling with that on signals? Its not meant for that AFAIK.

Hey dont waste any time to read these idiotic reviews, unless you are in a mood for some quality jokes. How these morons can compare a 8L car with a 4.5L car?
Old 29th September 2010, 12:57   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaprime1509 View Post
I spoke to the dealer this morning and they asked me to bring the car for a check on saturday. I will keep this forum updated with the outcome of the check.
Did you get your car checked? What is the outcome.
Old 29th September 2010, 14:30   #1481

Quote:
Did you get your car checked? What is the outcome.
Well the outcome is nothing much to talk about. The service engineer and i went for a trial run where he exerted some pressure on the engine by raising rpms, early shifting and late shifting only to tell me that its a very advanced engine and there is no question of knocking. The minute the engine knocks there will be a very prominent misfiring. So this is not really a concern and may be due to impurities in the fuel. He suggested i tank up from a pump near the RTO as that is a co owned bunk and would probably have better quality fuel.

I do realise that the knocking has disappeared and the service guy was probably right about impurities in the fuel. Will keep monitoring though.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:26   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaprime1509 View Post
I do realise that the knocking has disappeared and the service guy was probably right about impurities in the fuel. Will keep monitoring though.
Definitely the adulterated/low octane fuel is one of the cause of knocking. But knocking in my car was noticeable only at high engine load either when the car is fully loaded and driven on a ramp or on uphills at higher rpms. On normal cruising speeds knocking does not occur. Please check out when car is fully loaded and driven on slope/ramp.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:09   #1483
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree with wwhat you guys have to say on the uterly useless overdrive comparo. Seems to be that they are thinking way to hard to be differnt and in the process coming up with foolish ideas.

You want to asses cars based on how well someone can apply lipstick!!. How do you ascertain that all cars are subjected to the exact same angle of turn etc etc. Utter rubbish. WHat next, cook an omlete on the move test, change clothes blah blah.

And they slot it somewhere in the bottom 4. How absurd. I have driven n number of cars over my life, both indian and foreign, and the beat is definitely one of the good ones and has a decent assortment of cubbyholes (well thought of actually).

Why not compare a Jazzz, with a Fiat 500, Audi A1, VW Beetle, because its the same as comparing it with the Nano for heaven sake.
Old 30th September 2010, 00:07   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Any idea about the brand of the Beat Integrated HU? Further, it does not come with a remote. Can one be added
Old 30th September 2010, 09:17   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Any idea about the brand of the Beat Integrated HU? Further, it does not come with a remote. Can one be added
Some say that it's Blaupaunkt though that's not confirmed yet. AFAIK we cannot add a remote to the HU, but why need one when all buttons are an arm's distance away. The best part about this HU is that the buttons are chunky and one can use it without taking his/her eyes off the road. I've gotten so used to the system (since I enjoy music a lot) that I hardly look at it when I tinker around with it, except reading the screen for the title of song being played

Last edited by alstonlobo : 30th September 2010 at 09:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks