Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 20:32   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
Whoa! 23k insurance for a 4.34Lakh car! Is VW recovering some cost from insurance amounts?
I questioned this and they mention the insurance is covered everything including tyres. Smilar priced Maruthi has half the insurance.

Interestingly I saw another quotation from chennai in the forum and the quote is much lesser than EVM.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:42   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
I questioned this and they mention the insurance is covered everything including tyres. Smilar priced Maruthi has half the insurance.

Interestingly I saw another quotation from chennai in the forum and the quote is much lesser than EVM.
Can't you take the insurance from outside? you would save at least 10k every year.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:11   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
Can't you take the insurance from outside? you would save at least 10k every year.

Ofcoure, you can take insurance from any insurance company of your liking. The insurance guys tinker around with the IDV during the 1st insuring. Lesser the IDV they take, lesser would be the 1st insurance quote. But its always better to keep the IDV at Ex-showroom price.

Reason give by the sales team at showroom on why VW is not offering electrically adjustable RVMS in Polo - "Sir, in India, most of the replacement is for RVMs which always take the hit due to unruly traffic. It would cost so much to replace if the RVM is electrically adjustable. Hence, in-order to keep down the cost, VW is not offering electrically RVMs in Polo"

Comments on above?
Old 5th March 2010, 22:40   #304
BHPian

Purely from a branding perspective, where does the Polo stand visavis the Fabia? Above, below, Parallel?

VW doesnt seem to like us country cousins, the nearest dealer is atleast 250kms away for me! Polo is definitely cant be a mass market car till there is a wide service network. Maybe Maruti can step in.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:40   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
"Sir, in India, most of the replacement is for RVMs which always take the hit due to unruly traffic. It would cost so much to replace if the RVM is electrically adjustable. Hence, in-order to keep down the cost, VW is not offering electrically RVMs in Polo"
That is a good point. But it will be only problem for people (like me) who spent money (which they can't afford) to buy their dream car. For other people who can easily afford 7lakhs its not a problem at all. And the frequency of that kind of collisions are less IMO unless the driver is that careless or they are driving in Cochin
Old 5th March 2010, 23:16   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Reason give by the sales team at showroom on why VW is not offering electrically adjustable RVMS in Polo - "Sir, in India, most of the replacement is for RVMs which always take the hit due to unruly traffic. It would cost so much to replace if the RVM is electrically adjustable. Hence, in-order to keep down the cost, VW is not offering electrically RVMs in Polo"

Comments on above?

I think VW is going the Maruti way here. POLO is aiming for the masses like Swift. By having the minimum number of variations among models, VW can reduce the overall cost of production and inventory, That's why even Trendline has tilt steering and same AC as of highline.

Infact there is harly any difference beween the versions apart from ABS and Airbags
Old 5th March 2010, 23:40   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post

Yup. I had posted that quotation from Chennai. For: (all petrol)
Trendline: 13240
Comfortline: 14611
Highline: 17038

Not sure if this is as "all inclusive" as your quote.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:48   #308
BHPian

I find this very weired.
In gurgaon VW quotes are as follows :
Insurance
Trendline: 7000
Comfortline: 8500
Highline: 12100
Registration should be around 8-9k for car of this price in gurgaon.
And VW quoted 17300 for the same.
I dont know what VW is upto.So much inconcistency!
Old 5th March 2010, 23:58   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The prices in the city are:

Trendline 4,88,898 (P) 5,97,360 (D)

Comfortline 5,44,011 (P) 6,52,473 (D)

Highline 6,41,627 (P) 7,50,089 (D)
Thanks for the pix and the prices mystic eyes. Are these the OTR prices in TVM?

I really cannot understand why everyone is so exited about the pricing, it seems hopelessly overpriced to me. 7.5 for the diesel highline is sheer nonsense especially when compared to the i20 crdi asta. The i20 has Climate control, electric folding mirrors, usb/ aux connectivity, more powerful engine and more, for the same price as the polo, and, i'm sure it will be cheaper in the long run too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
That is a good point. But it will be only problem for people (like me) who spent money (which they can't afford) to buy their dream car. For other people who can easily afford 7lakhs its not a problem at all. And the frequency of that kind of collisions are less IMO unless the driver is that careless or they are driving in Cochin
That is one of the silliest reasons one can find for being skimpy on features. So why does the car not have climate control? Or USB connectivity? i'd love to hear what they have to say for these!!

Btw, dude, haven't u noticed ORVM's in any car in cochin??

Last edited by JayD : 6th March 2010 at 00:05.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:01   #310
Team-BHP Support

On road prices in Bangalore:

1.2L Petrol:
Trendline - 5.22L
Comfortline - 5.82L
Highline - 6.92L

1.2L Diesel:
Trendline - 6.45L
Comfortline - 7.04L
Highline - 8.10L

The highline diesel is priced exactly the same as i20 CRDI.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:16   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
On road prices in Bangalore:

1.2L Petrol:
Trendline - 5.22L
Comfortline - 5.82L
Highline - 6.92L

1.2L Diesel:
Trendline - 6.45L
Comfortline - 7.04L
Highline - 8.10L

The highline diesel is priced exactly the same as i20 CRDI.
Atrocious pricing, that too with an alnost non existant service network as compared to Maruti/Hyundai/Honda. That too for a generation old 3 cyl petrol and a lifeless underpowered diesel.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:19   #312
Senior - BHPian

just curious,

what are the sales figure of i20 diesel? I am sure not many buyers are there for diesel hatch at 8L, may be some 200 odd similar to people who bought Jazz last month!

EDIT:

I agree with Zen2001 here! But for people who drive car most of the time inside city and want some thing other than regular Maruti/Hyundai can opt for trendline/comfortline!

Last edited by recshenoy : 6th March 2010 at 00:21.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:29   #313
BHPian

Attachment 300451
Quote:
Is it only me or that rear profile uncanningly resembles the old palio 1.6 GTX?
You are right. It is similar. The position and shape of Taillights. The spoiler is thicker than that of Palio though and also nozzle for wash wiper is cleverly integrated in it.
OT. This make me feel that Palio is still relevant today, even platform, the design and of course sturdiness. Till the arrival of Punto, Palio was my favourite hatch look vise. In one magazine (I do not remember which) a couple of months back I have read that FIAT is going to relaunch Palio with 1.2 Engine of Punto so that it can be sold in Metros also. That shall also give it sufficient power than current 1.1 Engine. If its true it is wellcome news.
Old 6th March 2010, 01:12   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
just curious,

what are the sales figure of i20 diesel? I am sure not many buyers are there for diesel hatch at 8L, may be some 200 odd similar to people who bought Jazz last month!

The i20 averages approx 4000 units a month, according to GTO's sales figures.
There are cheaper diesel hatches which struggle to do one third of that amount. Goes to show that, more than price, its value which counts.
Old 6th March 2010, 01:31   #315
BHPian

Quote:
"Sir, in India, most of the replacement is for RVMs which always take the hit due to unruly traffic. It would cost so much to replace if the RVM is electrically adjustable. Hence, in-order to keep down the cost, VW is not offering electrically RVMs in Polo"
Wot rot!

Sales guys say anything to justify a feature not being included.

I have a 3 yr old Wagon-R Vxi with electrically adjustable orvm's. The plastic part of it is practically battle scarred with all the hits and scrapes from driving in bike infested roads. It's had some hard hits too, but its still going strong and working quite well. Maruti pulled a nice trick by designing it such that it turns easily in opposite direction too i.e towards the front. This design trick has proved its value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
The i20 averages approx 4000 units a month, according to GTO's sales figures.
There are cheaper diesel hatches which struggle to do one third of that amount. Goes to show that, more than price, its value which counts.
How many of these 4000 units/month are diesel? Anyway discussion for another thread methinks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks