Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:12   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Thanks for your reply
1. Music was not playing.
2. If you notice in the video I am repeatedly backing up and driving a few meters ahead to capture the noise. I was holding mobile in one hand to capture video so there was no way to switch off lights and crank. I follow this practice religiously though.
3. The noise comes only after driving for 3-5 kms so it is difficult to follow the method adivsed by you. Plus the noise is only audible in quiet surroundings.
4. I have taken the car 3 times to Pratham motors and have test driven my kar for approx 50 kms on rough roads, but due to traffic noise the service person never hears the noise.
Have you checked the rear brake drums/brake shoes? Similar sound comes if the rear wheels are jammed (eg:car stored for long time with handbrakes on). Also get the car lifted and rotate all the wheels to see if any of them is jammed up. While at it, do check the suspension bits for any damage.
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:00   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Have you checked the rear brake drums/brake shoes? Similar sound comes if the rear wheels are jammed (eg:car stored for long time with handbrakes on). Also get the car lifted and rotate all the wheels to see if any of them is jammed up. While at it, do check the suspension bits for any damage.
The vehicle is driven everyday and in the last service in July, all five wheels were balanced and rotated. As I mentioned before the vehicle has been lifted when I went to service center. Brakes and suspension has been checked and they are fine. Underbody is clean, all underbody nuts and bolts have been removed and tightened.
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:14   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
The vehicle is driven everyday and in the last service in July, all five wheels were balanced and rotated. As I mentioned before the vehicle has been lifted when I went to service center. Brakes and suspension has been checked and they are fine. Underbody is clean, all underbody nuts and bolts have been removed and tightened.
UPDATE: I had written a polite email to Pratham motors with Bangalore service territory manager in cc regarding this issue yesterday. I got an email and phone call from Pratham Motors for their service team visiting my office regarding observation and resolution of this issue.

Today morning the Assistant Works Manager along with a mechanic came to my office. We all went for a test drive inside office compound over numerous speed breakers and around the office on roads that can be best termed as mini off road track .

The mechanic tried to find the source of noise while the car was stationary but was not successful. I told him that noise only comes when the vehicle is moving. We then again went back to office parking and there the noise was clearly audible. The mechanic opened the bonnet and he listened for noise while I reversed back and forth. He suspected the noise was coming from the point where the exhaust pipe joins the exhaust manifold. They took the car to workshop.

I received a call in the afternoon that the required part was not in stock and they have removed and refitted the metal ring that sits between the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe. The Assistant manager took a test-drive before coming to my office, we again took a test-drive in the office compound and the noise was not heard.

He took my signature on the job card and mentioned that the vehicle is being delivered temporarily and is under observation. If issue persists they will change the metal ring described above. I thanked him profusely. This is why Maruti service rocks.I hope the issue is resolved for now.

Last edited by manson : 23rd September 2016 at 20:21. Reason: Typos.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 18:22   #649
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Felicity Edition launched

Maruti Suzuki has launched the Wagon R Felicity limited edition in India. It comes with new body graphics and a few feature additions.

The Felicity will be available in two variants – LXi and VXi, and with all existing fuel and transmission options. It has been priced from Rs. 4.40 lakh for LXi to Rs. 5.37 lakh for VXi-AMT (O) variant.

Feature additions on this special edition model include PU seats and steering cover and a rear spoiler. The LXi trim also gets reverse parking sensors and a 2-DIN Bluetooth music system with speakers.

The Wagon R is available in petrol and CNG variants. It also gets two transmission options - a 5-speed manual and an AMT.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-cygitbviaqdgqk.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 22:41   #650
BHPian

Another cheap sticker job from Maruti. Maybe it's time for them to have a relook at the Wagon R's design which is honestly getting a bit long in the tooth now.
Old 25th November 2016, 23:57   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh Maruti! Not again! I wonder how they are not discouraged by the dismal sales of Swift Glory/Windsong/Deca editions and proceed doing the same thing on the wagon r.

Ok, to put things into perspective, I am a prospective buyer with a 5 lakh budget.

Wagon R special edition base mode lxi with parking sensors and graphics costs 4.4 lakhs ex showroom.

Kwid Easy-R RXT(O) 1.0 costs the same, but is faster, is an automatic, has a driver airbag, touchscreen HU with navigation, better fuel efficiency and the design is 10 years fresher.
Now will i even have an inclination to spend on wagon r rather on the kwid Easy-R? Not a chance!
Old 26th November 2016, 22:59   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
Another cheap sticker job from Maruti. Maybe it's time for them to have a relook at the Wagon R's design which is honestly getting a bit long in the tooth now.

What else to expect from MSIL?

Just add a seat-cover, steering cover, parking sensors a basic 2-Din head unit, some ugly body graphics and give it the most weirdest and un-inspiring name ever possible for a special edition variant.
Then charge 30 or 35k extra over the regular base variant for these cheap-add-ons and voila, this year's limited edition is ready!

They have been doing this for most of their models for the past several years, and I wonder which poor souls are falling prey to this gimmick every year!

Frankly most of Maruti's limited editions look uglier than the regular variants.
Infact only when Maruti comes out with these special editions, we realize how much better-looking the regular variants were!

Regarding the model facelift of the current WagonR, I don't think that will happen any time soon.
Not atleast in 2017.They have the Swift and Dzire facelift as priorities.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they are in no hurry to update the WagonR, which is still selling in huge numbers every month.

On a side note,what is the point in getting a facelift for namesake like say, the last update of Swift?
Just a chrome-strip on the fog lamp housing or a chrome-strip on the front-grill and the "All-New" Swift or WagonR is ready!
Or just move the S logo from front-grill to the bumper and your face-lifted Alto 800 is ready!

No sheet metal/body panel changes.No interior changes.No engine-related changes.
Just chrome & sticker add-ons! And that too, mostly in a tasteless manner!

In that sense, WagonR has many more vacant-spots on the face to be filled with chrome for atleast the next 2 facelifts.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 16:52   #653

As per financial Express Maruti will launch New Wagon R and Wagon R Stingray model in 2018.

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...n-2018/497389/
Old 3rd February 2017, 11:59   #654
BHPian

The new WagonR has been released in Japan and get a whole lot of features.

Source: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-genera...ome-topstories

They really do look the part and I like the boxy designs of these 2 Japanese twins. The stingray is much better looking sibling though!

Here are some photos too.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-w1.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-w2.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-w3.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-w4.jpg
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:20   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

I fail to understand Suzuki's obsession with the floating screen design for the ICE. It doesn't look good (unlike the Ecosport/Nexon/Merc models which look good). On the lower models without touchscreen ICE, it looks even worse. I don't see any space saving/optimization by adopting this design (again unlike Ford/Tata/Merc and the likes). In case of WR, I can see it hampers the visibility to the lower part of the central speedo console.
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:32   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I fail to understand Suzuki's obsession with the floating screen design for the ICE. It doesn't look good (unlike the Ecosport/Nexon/Merc models which look good). On the lower models without touchscreen ICE, it looks even worse.
I agree with the you when it comes to the lower end models. The IGNIS looks cheap in the lower end models.

But this setup for the wagonR oozes out space in so many places. There is whole tray of empty space between the glovebox and the top of the dash. It extends all way across too. I personally liked the new dash design and would love to see this in the black trim.

And because there has been an update to WagonR lineup, these wont be making their way to the Indian shores soon. Lets hope they do and come as a normal car instead of Nexa.
Old 20th February 2017, 21:26   #657
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I just realised the value of 'tallboy' seating, and why the elders love cars like these so much.

Suffered a sore back over the weekend. Sitting in any of my cars was damn painful. Called for an Uber and a WagonR arrived. Man, with a painful back, ingress & egress was so easy. Even the seating position was simply awesome !
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 21:48   #658
BHPian

Guys I am in the market for a hatchback. It will only be used for city driving. Was confused between Eon, Celerio, Alto K10 and Wagon R. Which one would be the best buy? Any other option I have apart from these cars. Max budget is 4.5L.

Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 15:13   #659
BHPian

Changed the tyres on our school bus wagon r stingray @ 26,000 kms. Upsized from current goodyear gps2 155/65 R14 to 165/65 R14 mrf zvtvs ( ride comfort above everything else)- also no wheel well fouling as per dealer and he is correct . Ride comfort is up thanks to taller sidewall and steering effort has also gone down greatly.

The goodyears have a problem of loosing air ( so much that i have to check air pressure every 2 weeks). Also as per the dealer, the goodyears have a habit of becoming ovoid, which manifests as a play in the steering straight ahead( i had felt this and he is bang on about that)
Old 22nd February 2017, 21:10   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I am in the market for a hatchback. It will only be used for city driving. Was confused between Eon, Celerio, Alto K10 and Wagon R. Which one would be the best buy? Any other option I have apart from these cars. Max budget is 4.5L.
In a similar situation. Went through most of the cars in the segment and decided on WagonR. Seems the best car for city driving !!!! In the process of booking a WagonR AMT / AGS

Last edited by SDP : 21st July 2017 at 09:35. Reason: Please do not type ...like ... this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks