Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 14:17   #106
MCR
BHPian

Excellent review as usual GTO.
Did Nissan give you any idea about the service intervals and cost of oil and spares? Also I observed that the carpetry is biege. I donot understand how it can be maintained clean / stain free in a tropical country like ours.
Old 1st July 2010, 14:17   #107
BHPian

If I lock the car with the key(by pressing the button), but the key is still within 1-2 meters of the car, will the doors unlock when someone presses the request button?

I can think of cases where one has to be careful with this keyless entry.

for example
man comes home, parks his car right near his bedroom wall, goes home, leaves the key on his bedroom table which is close to the wall. Someone can just press the request key from outside and open the car because the key might be in range.
Old 1st July 2010, 14:35   #108
BHPian

excellent pictorial coverage and a nice report GTO !! really tempts one to get hold of it !!!
Old 1st July 2010, 14:48   #109
BHPian

Good question holysmoke.

Even I was wondering the same.
Old 1st July 2010, 14:53   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Boomerang shape on the roof is purposeful. Firstly, it eliminates the need for a (roof) stiffener. Wind noise is also better controlled:
Does that profile / groove collect water if parked in rain?
Or the entire roof itself is it having a backward slope?

I think it will be difficult to fit aftermarket sun-roof in Micra.
Old 1st July 2010, 15:02   #111
Team-BHP Support

A very detailed review GTO, this would make a good city run about. From the pre-production model itself one can see the quality of parts especially the plastic parts.

Any idea if an auto box is planned?
Old 1st July 2010, 15:03   #112

Excellent review, GTO. Many thanks, for this review and the many more you have already done. The quality and details provided in your reviews are the best, and is a USP for this community! I've been waiting for this review from the time the scooped details of the car were posted on Indian Car Scene. And I have enjoyed reading your review.

What I like about the car, based on the review and pics:
1. Looks. I found Micra's to be refreshing in looks, not quite out of the box, but fresh.
2. Interiors and the dash layout. Here too, it looks refreshing without being completely out of the box like for ex: the SBK inspired Beat odo.
3. Features (Aig-bags, ABS, gizmos)

What I don't like:
1. 3-pot engine.
2. Ride and handling, specifically for highway.

It looks like there are still many questions on key-less entry even after your FAQ.

I'll be taking a TD as soon as I can get the loner dealer in B'lore to give me one. Booking the car will be based on that. Right now, the cars being considered are Figo and Micra.
Old 1st July 2010, 15:11   #113
BHPian

Well from what GTO has mentioned the key must be 2 metres near to the car for the request key to function, In mumbai I doubt if anyone would be parking the car within 6 ft from where the key would be kept in the house as the 2mtr distance for operation of the request button should ideally be a non obstructed distance.

If at all the car is parked near the room where key fob is kept then the wall in between should ideally prevent the sensors from the key fob to be connected to the car.

Last edited by MihirC : 1st July 2010 at 15:13.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:08   #114
BHPian

@GTO: Looks like Nissan were very accomodating. They let you fix Team-bhp plates on the car
How come you didnt get into trouble with the cops driving around with plates like that??
Old 1st July 2010, 16:15   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Well from what GTO has mentioned the key must be 2 metres near to the car for the request key to function, In mumbai I doubt if anyone would be parking the car within 6 ft from where the key would be kept in the house as the 2mtr distance for operation of the request button should ideally be a non obstructed distance.

If at all the car is parked near the room where key fob is kept then the wall in between should ideally prevent the sensors from the key fob to be connected to the car.
After a very long tiring highway drive in your Micra you pullover at the roadside punjab-de-dhaba have a lovely punjabi meal and take a short afternoon nap on a charpayee (cot) right beside your new micra, ofcourse you dont forget to lock the car and when you wake up your micra is gone .

Just kidding ! but its possible.

Edit:
ok I guess Micra wont start without the key fob inside the car so above scene may not happen but it sure doors can be opened and valuables stolen.
One more thing, its so often that we have to open the boot at malls/offices for security check, so how can we open the boot in that case when one is seated in driver's seat and the security wants to check the boot area. I read somewhere there is no boot release lever near the driver. Just curious.

Last edited by samsan02 : 1st July 2010 at 16:33.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:37   #116
BHPian

This is another great review on Micra. A very clean and neat integration of observation on the vehicle. Cheers GTO.

As per the interiors, they are fine. Exterior is retro somewhat I feel like Mini. But what causes a more concern is the After Sales Service from Nissan which is yet to be proved.

Altogether it is a very nice review.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:48   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a way to disable this keyless entry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On the keyless entry and go:

- Any disadvantages? If the car owner (with the key fob in his pocket) is standing within range, someone else can open the door.
I think (and as many have already pointed out some scenarios earlier), this will be a very annoying disadvantage in day-to-day situations. Is there a way to disable this keyless entry?

For example, sometimes in parking lots, I like to stand next to my car chatting with friends (or sometimes chatting with some street-side vendor), and I like to keep my car locked all this time. I don't like to keep the car open because someone can take out valuables when I am involved in talking to others standing outside my car. I even lock the doors of my car when I am fueling the car at petrol pumps and when I am paying my attention to the fuel counter (i.e. the pump) and do not want anybody to take advantage of my lack of attention to my car doors.

In all these situations, the keyless entry will be very annoying and one will have to keep paying attention to their car while standing right next to it.

Therefore, I hope there is a way to disable this.

On the whole, I fail to see what is the use of this feature at all, apart from the "coolness" factor. This feature seems like more trouble than use.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 1st July 2010 at 16:49.
Old 1st July 2010, 17:02   #118
BHPian

I spent the entire last week looking up the test drives section for this review, but when you did put up the review, I am late by a few days !

Is there a way to rate a thread six-star ?

Re-read the review thrice already, now I can understand how tough it is to put up a review like you do.

I have had the opportunity to tail the test cars and I felt that the back seat could be a turnoff,it seems like it has not been corrected. I guess one of the compromises on a car designed with Euro markets in mind.

Nissan will probably be happy with lower volumes till they get their dealer network in place and hope that positive experiences from owners will help spread the popularity of the car.
Old 1st July 2010, 17:05   #119
Senior - BHPian

Nice review !!!

As Nissan is also a Japanese brand we can expect some good price. Base version they should launch around 4 lacs on Road so that it can compete with Ritz, Figo, Wagon R, i10 who are selling in good numbers in these segment. Considering they are targeting urban crowd mainly, 1.2 lit engine should do the duty IMO. It will surely attract women than other brands. It looks cute. Mini Beetle or Economic beetle

Overall i liked the car. Its shape is definitely unique & different from common hatches. That can become its USP
Old 1st July 2010, 17:14   #120
BHPian

Keyless Entry Hating

Great Review! (how much of a critic must we be to review a review)
Covers all aspects of the car very well, and answers pretty much all of our questions.

I agree with the various team-bhpians on the disadvantages of the keyless entry. I personally would rather not have it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
I think (and as many have already pointed out some scenarios earlier), this will be a very annoying disadvantage in day-to-day situations. Is there a way to disable this keyless entry?

For example, sometimes in parking lots, I like to stand next to my car chatting with friends (or sometimes chatting with some street-side vendor), and I like to keep my car locked all this time. I don't like to keep the car open because someone can take out valuables when I am involved in talking to others standing outside my car. I even lock the doors of my car when I am fueling the car at petrol pumps and when I am paying my attention to the fuel counter (i.e. the pump) and do not want anybody to take advantage of my lack of attention to my car doors.

In all these situations, the keyless entry will be very annoying and one will have to keep paying attention to their car while standing right next to it.

Therefore, I hope there is a way to disable this.

On the whole, I fail to see what is the use of this feature at all, apart from the "coolness" factor. This feature seems like more trouble than use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
After a very long tiring highway drive in your Micra you pullover at the roadside punjab-de-dhaba have a lovely punjabi meal and take a short afternoon nap on a charpayee (cot) right beside your new micra, ofcourse you dont forget to lock the car and when you wake up your micra is gone .

Just kidding ! but its possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks