Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 11:06   #166
AWD
BHPian

Re: Toyota Corolla Altis (1.4 D-4D) Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even I was alarmed when member AWD mentioned about this issue being faced by his friends. The first service was done at 1k kms in october,2011. The car has currently completed 6600 kms and the oil levels appear normal to me
I would have purchased the Altis D if it was not for this problem. After my friends made me aware, I tried digging deeper. It was not easy as Toyota people would not say a word against. What came out was that Turbo, injection pressures, poor quality diesel & heavy weight of the car were responsible. Now this is what I could gather but on the ground we had cars that were gulping oil.

Now unofficially Toyota people said that Altis typeII has been introduced with certain changes & the problem was taken car off. Lets see...

P.S: My intention was to make fellow members aware of an issue I came across. Neither am I related to competition nor a Toyota hater. Kindly use your own judgements, experiences while deciding. I will not comment further on this.

Last edited by AWD : 15th March 2012 at 11:07.
AWD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 11:34   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD

I would have purchased the Altis D if it was not for this problem. After my friends made me aware, I tried digging deeper. It was not easy as Toyota people would not say a word against. What came out was that Turbo, injection pressures, poor quality diesel & heavy weight of the car were responsible. Now this is what I could gather but on the ground we had cars that were gulping oil.

Now unofficially Toyota people said that Altis typeII has been introduced with certain changes & the problem was taken car off. Lets see...

P.S: My intention was to make fellow members aware of an issue I came across. Neither am I related to competition nor a Toyota hater. Kindly use your own judgements, experiences while deciding. I will not comment further on this.
Thank you for providing the complete information. was informative. will do more research on it.
Old 15th March 2012, 11:48   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post

Hey my last post was just the story of my car till now. I was in no way trying to deny what you have reported. Infact as a result of it I talked to a couple of other Toyota owners on the forum and asked if they had experienced/heard anything like this in there circle of friends. All I said in my last post is that the oil levels in my car are still good and I hope it stays that way .
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 17:32   #169
BHPian

Hi everybody wanted to ask if anyone has any information about new generation corolla launch??
Old 10th October 2012, 12:10   #170
BHPian

Toyota Kirloskar recalls Corolla Altis (30th July – 31st Dec 2008), Camry (1st Sep 2006 – 31st Jul 2008) to chk Power Window Switch. SVP

Tweet from Siddharth Patankar from NDTV
Old 14th November 2013, 12:08   #171
BHPian

Guys ,

Couple of my friends has seen a Corolla On Test vehicle , when they enquired about the same to the driver , he stated that it is 1.9D under the hood , no other information got revealed , anyone got information about the launch date ?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Corolla Altis (1.4 D-4D) Diesel : Test Drive & Review-img20131113wa0000.jpg  

ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 12:33   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Guys ,

Couple of my friends has seen a Corolla On Test vehicle , when they enquired about the same to the driver , he stated that it is 1.9D under the hood , no other information got revealed , anyone got information about the launch date ?
It could be the 2L diesel, as Toyota never had a 1.9L diesel under hood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...engines#Diesel).

However, I am wondering why would a company like Toyota India (sitting on a cash pile) would care for an all new engine, when it, or derivative of it, has any application on current vehicle (s).
Old 14th November 2013, 13:18   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

I really doubt they will bring in a new engine. The Altis with its current specifications is managing to sell in decent numbers. Also Toyota is generally bought by the chauffeured class. The enthusiasts anyways have the cruze and the octaviA and jetta.
Old 16th November 2013, 11:16   #174
BHPian

Quote:
I really doubt they will bring in a new engine. The Altis with its current specifications is managing to sell in decent numbers. Also Toyota is generally bought by the chauffeured class. The enthusiasts anyways have the cruze and the octaviA and jetta.
I will second your thoughts. You are right it is highly unlikely Toyota will bring in bigger capacity car mainly because the increase in costs.
Cost hikes would be related to
1. Taxes:- higher tax bracket
2. Even the insurance (and more importantly renewal of insurance) gets affected.
3. Costs related to providing service: different components, sourcing of parts, also likely some of the other parts like suspension and all need to be modded for heavier engine. Also, current engine does service in Etios and Liva as well (so they are putting 1 engine in 3 different cars)
4. Although outright performance current 1.4l is no scorcher but it gives best in class (may be one of the most fuel efficient and refined car in India) average which is the primary reason to switch to diesel. And honestly performance in current state of tune isn't that bad. Why take a chance and bring in more costlier (in long run) engine and get a good start and then fail to keep the momentum.

But again, these are my views. Toyota may have different strategic plans.
Old 18th March 2014, 17:26   #175
BHPian

Toyota dealerships are already contacting existing Customers (me being one) asking whether they are looking for an upgrade to the new generation Altis, which I am told, they are revealing on 20th March. However, I am wondering whether it is the right time to upgrade from my 2005 Corolla to current generation diesel Altis, instead of going for this upcoming Altis! The rationale behind this thinking is that the new Altis is still the same engine under the hood! Why pay so much just for a new body shell and some nifty goodies?

What do you guys think will be the discount on offer for the current generation D-4D Altis in case the dealer wants to clear his inventory?
Old 18th March 2014, 18:33   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtorque View Post
What do you guys think will be the discount on offer for the current generation D-4D Altis in case the dealer wants to clear his inventory?
Very hard to gauge as it all depends upon on how much stock the particular dealer has. My guess will be not much as its a D segment car and would not be mass produced anyways. The knowledge of the new Altis coming up was well known too and the dealers would have been getting there stocks cleared well before time.
Old 19th March 2014, 10:51   #177
BHPian

When I got my Corolla in 2008 before the Altis launch. I got a discount of INR 1 lakh from the company itself.
Old 25th April 2014, 11:25   #178
BHPian

Has the new Altis been launched yet? The site shows a new Altis, but I can't find any specifications for the car. Attaching a picture from the Toyota Bharat site.

Also, the Toyota site is one of the worst auto sites I've ever used.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Corolla Altis (1.4 D-4D) Diesel : Test Drive & Review-corollaimg13_tcm303267688.jpg  

Last edited by AbelAFC : 25th April 2014 at 11:27.
Old 25th April 2014, 17:04   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Has the new Altis been launched yet? The site shows a new Altis, but I can't find any specifications for the car. Attaching a picture from the Toyota Bharat site.

Also, the Toyota site is one of the worst auto sites I've ever used.
No its scheduled for launch on the 27th of May. And yes I agree that Toyota's website is not as good as there cars.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 17:41   #180
BHPian

Quote:
No its scheduled for launch on the 27th of May. And yes I agree that Toyota's website is not as good as there cars.
I called Ravindu Toyota in Bangalore today, and they said it had been launched, but no display car till next month. And of course, they didn't seem to have any clue about the specs. Will wait and watch for this. The pics on the site at least seemed very promising.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks