Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2014, 14:13   #2131
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Test drove the TJet at the Fiat cafe on IRR. Appetite was whetted by this thread and the drive didnt disappoint either. The best part was the power delivery which was smooth and linear, you overtake and gain ground without a fuss.

There is pre-facelift stock still available at a discount
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 21:23   #2132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Test drove the TJet at the Fiat cafe on IRR. Appetite was whetted by this thread and the drive didnt disappoint either. The best part was the power delivery which was smooth and linear, you overtake and gain ground without a fuss.

There is pre-facelift stock still available at a discount
How much discount is offered at pre-facelift stock .I am also planning to take a test drive soon for the old T-jet if available in my city.Only fly in the ointment is exorbitant petrol prices .This is definitely going to be heart over mind decision once again first being the fiat punto .
regards
praveen singh
Old 9th March 2014, 08:42   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
How much discount is offered at pre-facelift stock .I am also planning to take a test drive soon for the old T-jet if available in my city.Only fly in the ointment is exorbitant petrol prices .This is definitely going to be heart over mind decision once again first being the fiat punto .
regards
praveen singh
I feel you can push for a really substantial discount; thats the sense I got at the showroom (close to six figures maybe?) Linea appeals only to a select few and has always struggled to sell and am sure Fiat would want to clear out the pre facelift stocks pronto. I wish I could go for one now since I like the pre facelift look better
Old 9th March 2014, 11:49   #2134
BHPian

Crack near spare wheel area

Today , while I was cleaning the car I noticed this crack in this spare wheel area.It looks as if somebody had rear ended the car and this area was repaired before delivery.The car was delivered with H 40 kms and the dealership did not have any workshop at the time purchase as they had just opened few months ago.
Now should I get repaired and sell the car as the structure of the car is involved even if it as loss?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0021.jpg  

Old 9th March 2014, 20:17   #2135
Senior - BHPian

Re: Crack near spare wheel area

When you say 'crack' can you see the two metal plates separating from each other with a through gap or you calling the seam itself as a crack.

From the snap I can only make out the weld seams which appear to be completely uniform. In case of a repair the gap in the seams will not be uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Today , while I was cleaning the car I noticed this crack in this spare wheel area.It looks as if somebody had rear ended the car and this area was repaired before delivery.The car was delivered with H 40 kms and the dealership did not have any workshop at the time purchase as they had just opened few months ago.
Now should I get repaired and sell the car as the structure of the car is involved even if it as loss?
Old 9th March 2014, 20:31   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
When you say 'crack' can you see the two metal plates separating from each other with a through gap or you calling the seam itself as a crack.

From the snap I can only make out the weld seams which appear to be completely uniform. In case of a repair the gap in the seams will not be uniform.
There is clear gap between the two metal surfaces as sunlight is visible through the crack.
Any suggestions on whether to get it welded or applying sealant

Last edited by FrozeninTime : 9th March 2014 at 20:34. Reason: to add few lines
Old 9th March 2014, 20:45   #2137
Senior - BHPian

Woah, do check in other cars of the same model as to how the gap is in there and the methodology used therein i.e. sealent or welding. That will be the best indicator for the direction to be taken in your case, though of course it is different matter carrying out such a work on a running car compared to a body shell in the factory. Do keep us posted, I too will try to gather information on this
and revert once I learn something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
There is clear gap between the two metal surfaces as sunlight is visible through the crack.
Any suggestions on whether to get it welded or applying sealant
Old 11th March 2014, 19:19   #2138
BHPian

The only Linea vs Vento thread on the forum is closed, so I am posting my query on this thread.

I was fixated on the Linea T Jet and had nearly decided to go in for the Emotion variant of the 2014 facelift.

I have now been offered hefty concession on the Vento Petrol 1.6 Highline, making it available to be for nearly 50 K cheaper than the Linea.

I would call myself a practical driver, and not an enthusiast. But I definitely would like better comfort and driving ergonomics, which from the information that I have gained is better in a Vento.

I request advice from those who have experienced both the options.
Old 11th March 2014, 20:32   #2139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
... But I definitely would like better comfort and driving ergonomics, which from the information that I have gained is better in a Vento.

Please do a TD of both the cars extensively. Ergonomics can be a tricky stuff and can vary for people with different physique. End of the day, I would choose a car which fits me better, even if it's expensive than the other contenders.
Old 14th March 2014, 18:57   #2140
BHPian

Quick update on the break squeaking noise. I went to VECTO motors and they cleaned the brake pads. The noise appears to have practically gone!! Will wait and watch. The service was great!

Quote:
The only Linea vs Vento thread on the forum is closed, so I am posting my query on this thread.

I was fixated on the Linea T Jet and had nearly decided to go in for the Emotion variant of the 2014 facelift.

I have now been offered hefty concession on the Vento Petrol 1.6 Highline, making it available to be for nearly 50 K cheaper than the Linea.

I would call myself a practical driver, and not an enthusiast. But I definitely would like better comfort and driving ergonomics, which from the information that I have gained is better in a Vento.

Here is my experience,

I own a Linea T-jet emotion pre-facelift car (jan 2014) and it is simply superb!! I had a chance to take her out for a drive to Mysore and back, the handling, the power was just too good. Added to that, I did not feel tired at all even though I made the too and fro trip to Mysore same day. Extremely comfortable.

Co-incidently today I went with a friend of mine in his Vento. It was a diesel. Quick observations, the car is low strung you need to bend to get in/out. It also managed scrape one nasty speed breaker.

I my opinion the Linea is a great drivers car and a comfortable one at that.

Ganesh, you should test drive both the cars and then decide for yourself. My recommendation of course is the New Linea T-jet.

Cheers!!
Old 15th March 2014, 07:38   #2141
BHPian

Pre-facelift owners,

This is where I keep my bottle in my car. When I started using this space as a bottle holder, I feared that it might interfere with the operation of the handbrake, but thankfully no. The bottle in the pic was placed randomly for clicking the pic. But the bottle can be pushed behind some more, all the way to the base of the arm rest.

If in case, you need to store a 2 litre bottle, then you have to lift the bottle up a little and then engage the handbrake. Surprisingly, when you lift the bottle head by a few inches, it rests against the seat and stays there without falling back.

One can store 2 bottles on either side of the handbrake. I've placed 2 bottles only on long drives. In the city, when I drive alone, I use the passenger side of the handbrake, as shown in the pic. When the second bottle is placed on the driver side of the lever, there's a possibility that it may obstruct your hand while belting up. Not a perfect solution, but it's better than the bottles rolling on the floor. Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-bottle-linea.jpg  

Old 15th March 2014, 09:22   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The vento petrol has terrible resale. The 1.6 motor is unrefined and is in many ways and even dull to drive. Steering size and gear shift feel is among the best in the segment though. Car on Car the Linea scores against it in almost all departments. Between the two, its the Linea Unless you are also considering other mass options likes City or Verna.
Old 15th March 2014, 13:10   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The petrol Vento has nothing special to speak off, while the Tjet is the best enthusiast's car in this segment. I would request you go through the review of both the cars by GTO to understand the difference and also test drive both the cars extensively (on longer streach) before you decide on one. Remember, the true character of the Linea comes out in the highways, so take it for a TD on some open roads.

The 2014 model old Tjet is having a discount of 1Lakh, you can check this also if the old model suits you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
Not a perfect solution, but it's better than the bottles rolling on the floor. Hope it helps.
Bottles rolling on the floor is a strict NO NO, but your solution also may not be acceptable to some people. It not only causes inconvenience in fastening the seatbelt but it also means that you'll not be able to use the hand rest. The hand rest is a grate boon specially in the long drives.

An even better solution given by many on this forum is to procure square/rectangle type bottles that fit into the door.
Old 15th March 2014, 13:25   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Bottles rolling on the floor is a strict NO NO, but your solution also may not be acceptable to some people. It not only causes inconvenience in fastening the seatbelt but it also means that you'll not be able to use the hand rest. The hand rest is a grate boon specially in the long drives.

An even better solution given by many on this forum is to procure square/rectangle type bottles that fit into the door.
The hand rest can be used as usual. It's lifted for the sake of the pic.
Old 19th March 2014, 00:37   #2145
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to change my T-Jet's tyres (all 4) as they have done almost 32k kms now. My search across the forum did not give me a clear idea as which would be the best set in my budget (details below). Did some research in the market and realized that the best option would have been Michelin Primacy 3ST, but I really dont have a budget of Rs.10250/- for each tyre.
I visited tyrestore in Chennai, and Mr.Deepak suggested me the 3 below options in my price range. Finally he mentioned, I should stick to the Goodyear's as Pirelli have soft side walls and not too suited for our conditions and the Yoko's create humming sounds at high speeds (beyond 60-70kmph).
Please would seek inputs of all T-Jet owners and others to help me out. Please suggest any other tyre from the options below.

Budget: Rs.7k to 8k per tyre.

Requirements: Well, one needs the best within budget. The features desired would definitely be low noise, good comfort and handling, good grip and durable (should last at least 30-35k kms).

Shortlisted:
1. Goodyear NCT5 (OEMs) - Around 7k/tyre
2. Pirelli P7 Cint - Around 7.5K/tyre
3. Yokohama DB ES501 - Around 8k/tyre

P.S. On another thought, I may be travelling abroad in a few months time, how much resale value can I expect on my T-Jet? Its a T-Jet Plus, 2nd owner, 2011 model, located in Chennai, Sun Beam Beige color, the car is in very good condition, new battery & new tyres (in a weeks time ). If not, I plan to send it back to my home town for my brother.

All your inputs are welcome.

Mods, I hope I have the query at the right place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks