Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2014, 16:50   #2071
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
Got the Vin number. Its a August 2013 make. Shall I go ahead and confirm?

4 months old, considering 1.3 lakh discount on OTR, is it a worth to pursue?

Please give your comments
Shijinpr, which dealer are you interacting with in Bangalore? I might be booking one in a week. The discount of 1.3 lakh is good. Still undecided between Vento, Rapid and Linea.
Old 5th January 2014, 17:41   #2072
BHPian

Last week I was about to book T-JET Emotion approx' 9.8 Lakhs, thought that I should wait for the prices of Honda City and also 2014 Linea facelift (any idea when this will be launched), speculation of Feb' 14 launch.
Old 6th January 2014, 17:19   #2073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Shijinpr, which dealer are you interacting with in Bangalore? I might be booking one in a week.
I am dealing with KHT Fiat Whitefield. This outlet is opened recently.

Quote:
Got the Vin number. Its a August 2013 make. Shall I go ahead and confirm?

4 months old, considering 1.3 lakh discount on OTR, is it a worth to pursue?

Please give your comments
Informed my displeasure in taking the delivery of 4 months old car. The dealer today called to say, they have a Oct 2013 manufactured vehicle at their yard.

Went to see the vehicle and did a PDI. No issues. ODO is showing H 18. Have paid the amount. Will be taking the delivery this Saturday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post
Last week I was about to book T-JET Emotion approx' 9.8 Lakhs, thought that I should wait for the prices of Honda City and also 2014 Linea facelift (any idea when this will be launched), speculation of Feb' 14 launch.
As per the dealer I am interacting Linea facelift is slated for Feb 14 launch. Diesel will now sport 1.6 litre MJD (105 BHP) and petrol will retain 1.4 turbojet unit.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th January 2014 at 08:24.
Old 7th January 2014, 14:28   #2074
BHPian

Guys, have any of you tried a good endcan on the T-Jet to make the exhaust sound more throaty? Any pointers?
johy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 08:11   #2075
BHPian

Time for Engine oil change. Unfortunately, Fiat has not appointed a garage/service centre in Siliguri yet, so I will need to get it done from my trusty mechanic.

1) Can I go with Mobil 1 0W-40? As per info on the Mobil 1 site "Recommended by ExxonMobil for use in applications requiring API CF and Fiat 9.55535-Z2/9.55535N2/9.55535M2" - it is the same as specified in the T-Jet Manual 9.55535-M2 or N2 qualification

Finding it difficult to source Selenia K.

2) How much engine oil should I buy? 2.7 + 3.1 ~ approx 5 liters?

3) Getting the oil filter as well as petrol filter changed on my own accord.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th January 2014, 12:18   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Guys, have any of you tried a good endcan on the T-Jet to make the exhaust sound more throaty? Any pointers?
Branded endcans like Remus or Magnaflow would be quite expensive I think - >=15K.

Local accessory shops might be able to procure cheaper ones for you.

You might want to verify the shape of the stock muffler as well , if I'm not mistaken the last section actually curves downwards
ZBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 09:32   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
I am dealing with KHT Fiat Whitefield. This outlet is opened recently.
Nice. Can you PM me the full details of the price/discount breakup? I also understand that the Linea facelift will be launched in Autoexpo with deliveries starting March and a price hike of about 2% (or more). I am in a fix now to wait for it or pick the 2013 one It all depends on how much more discount i can squeeze out

Last edited by r0ckstar.1 : 9th January 2014 at 09:33. Reason: spelling corrections
Old 10th January 2014, 00:05   #2078
BHPian

Well, things moved quickly today. After a good test drive of Tjet in the morning with wifey, we got super impressed with the product. Wifey gave a big and said the ride in vento and Rapid are nowhere close to this one. So, she's smitten too with the Tjet. Finally she understood what good ride is all about and why I was always recommending Tjet compared to other sedans. So, without further delay, we decided to book a pearl white, Emotion with the discount offering of 1lakh on the 2013 models. I also got a good list of accessories. More details on that when i start my thread on my Tjet.

There was one available which was of Aug2013. I refused to take that one ans asked for a check with the Fiat inventory. By evening got a confirmation on Dec2013 manufacturing date model. So, mighty pleased with that and booked the Pearl white, Tjet Emotion model by late evening. Trying to get the paper work done for the loan and hopefully get the car in 10 days time. Since, i am traveling to US for a week, between 18th and 25th, can only take the delivery after 25th Jan . The wait begins now and i can't wait to lay my hands on the beauty.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 09:07   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
The Tjet runs out of breath at 165 (at least mine does, may be if roads permit, you could get a 5-10 kmph more). Even at 150, you wouldnt like the engine noise if you love your car. I say, top speeds be damned. Enjoy how it pulls to 130 from 90 on 5th and then let the car be at that speed. Easy Cruising at comfortably high speeds should be the goal rather than eking out the last bit of performance just to strain the machines.

Solely a perspective of mine, having driven the car over 13k kms on highways only!
Cruising is different from top speed. More over Fiat engines sounds are sweet as nut. There is no gruff in any petrol engine. Engine note is slightly bassy and sweet like V6. I knew few guys have taken to double ton without hitch. Check your air pressure and taking to top speed one needs to reduce load on engine such as turning off A/C. This will help reach top speed faster if you wish to check. If the car didnt perform as expected something is gone wrong horribly. If could be a slow leaking turbo hose where it cant hold pressure at full throttle. Also Veglia Borletti meters are damn damn accurate meters. I have taken to similar speeds and infact GPS shows 1kmph more than the meter . 100kmph in gps is actually 99kmph in my GTX (Veglia Borletti) meter and 80kmph on a korean car is 72kmph in gps . When the tires starts to reach half way stage or near end of life one can see increase of 5~7 kmph difference in speedo.
vijaycool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 22:13   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
There has been a lot of talk about the TJet's poor mileage. However, I am pleasantly surprised that my car has by comparison always returned much better figures. Till recently I was commuting daily to office by my car and even in stop and go traffic I have been getting 11-12.5kmpl !!

In a previous post in this thread I had posted a picture of my MID showing about 16kmpl on the highway. So, on a recent trip to Pune I decided to extract the best possible mileage from the Tjet+. I filled up at the Shell Petroleum Fuel Pump (as I usually do) on the Mum-Pune Bypass just after Wakad. Wifey had dozed off, so could'not afford switching off the ACC but switched off the Music and began cruising at about 80-90 all the way to Panvel.

My God.... it was excruciating, trying to maintain speeds of below 100kmhr .... but the end result made up for it as you can see!!

Attachment 1180696

I took this pic just after we exited the highway at the Kamothe signal. I had topped up the tank at Pune By-Pass and if you see the fuel needle is hovering just below the full mark!! Total distance over which mileage was measured was about 110kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
The Tjet runs out of breath at 165 (at least mine does, may be if roads permit, you could get a 5-10 kmph more). Even at 150, you wouldnt like the engine noise if you love your car. I say, top speeds be damned. Enjoy how it pulls to 130 from 90 on 5th and then let the car be at that speed. Easy Cruising at comfortably high speeds should be the goal rather than eking out the last bit of performance just to strain the machines.

Solely a perspective of mine, having driven the car over 13k kms on highways only!
I have done +25kmph from the figure you mentioned above for th T-jet running out of breath on the Yamuna expressway, but the noise of the engine is like an actual Jet flyby + the tyres wear out like the pizza cheese cube would on a grater running at full speed. I have done a 140+ speeds on one two and fro trip to Agra on the same expressway, but the tyres are already half worn out because of the spirited stints. The balancing and alignment guy told me that your tyres have worn out twice as much as they should have been and knowing the actual reason for the same I had a slight grin on my face
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 09:51   #2081
BHPian

I agree with the useless tyre situation. On another run along the same stretch, I suffered a blowout at high speeds. The car was definitely doing greater speeds for a few minutes when I felt the tyre noise become weird. Immediately moved away to the left lane when this happened. No stability issues noticed. No one harmed.
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-imag0214.jpg

Even though I bought another spare, I'm waiting for these to wear off so that I can move to better 17" rims.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th January 2014 at 04:29. Reason: Removed high speed references from post.
adrena is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 11:46   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
All the enthusiasm that the sales executive lacks, would get compensated by the turbo-kick of T-jet Take a test drive and you might have a tough time convincing yourself to settle for any other car in its segment. I agree that the staff at Caffe is very lethargic. I went there for a cup of coffee couple of months ago. Since I parked my T-jet in front of the CCD (next to Fiat caffe), the manager didn't know that I own a T-jet.
I agree try oberoi. Even the sector 1 staff is pretty nice. When I was looking at the Linea, they were always responsive. Got the car for TD at my place about 12 kms away.

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2014 at 18:54. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 11th January 2014, 18:14   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
I agree with the useless tyre situation. I suffered a blowout at high speeds. The car was definitely doing greater speeds for a few minutes when I felt the tyre noise become weird. Immediately moved away to the left lane when this happened. No stability issues noticed. No one harmed.
Which brand was the tyre? Did you find what caused the burst?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th January 2014 at 04:30. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 11th January 2014, 18:41   #2084
BHPian

Stock tyres - Goodyear Eagle NCT5 205/55R16. Very noisy tyres.
adrena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 22:01   #2085
Senior - BHPian

Lol, after a blowout at such high speeds, where almost all cars would have toppled/flipped you report no stability issue and were able to control the car and come to a stop safely and yet you want to change rims. The alloys that we have in the Jet are made by Enkei and are of very high quality, perfectly suited to our road surfaces. You would do well to retain the same and get better tires and continue to fly and land safely.

I changed to Bridgestone Potenza GR90 and have since flown the jet at unmentionable speeds on sustained highway runs without any problems.

From the way the carcass has come apart at the shoulder - center block seam joint, it seems that the tire was a bit under inflated and the resultant high temperature actively opened up the fused joint. Do take care to maintain the right air pressure especially before fast flights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
I agree with the useless tyre situation. On another run along the same stretch, I suffered a blowout at high speeds. The car was definitely doing greater speeds for a few minutes when I felt the tyre noise become weird. Immediately moved away to the left lane when this happened. No stability issues noticed. No one harmed.

Even though I bought another spare, I'm waiting for these to wear off so that I can move to better 17" rims.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th January 2014 at 04:33. Reason: Quoted post edited and subsequent reference to high speeds.
khoj is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks