Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 15:22   #2821
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Update on My Booking status.

Met the GM of Fiat Caffe on Satarday to get Status of the Car. I was told to Clear the Loan Amount and the Difference and Car shall be Delivered with a Week.

I am Doing those Formalities Today. I did Ask him about the Allotted VIN no. but Was told that it will be given only after making full payment. I don't know whether that is the standard practice?

I also Told him as to what is the Process of Customer Doing PDI on which he feigned ignorance i.e "We will do the PDI" what's the need.

I Told him I would Do a Thorough PDI before taking the Delivery.

Overall I found them supportive now Finally waiting for the Delivery.

Their is long thread Due once I am done with it
Old 25th January 2016, 15:56   #2822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post

One generally does not make full payment till you have done the PDI and are satisfied. Once you make full payment you are at their mercy and will have to double follow up for everything.

I think you should insist on a VIN before you make any payment. It appears like they are going to place the order for a car with your money !
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 16:41   #2823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Met the GM of Fiat Caffe on Satarday to get Status of the Car. I was told to Clear the Loan Amount and the Difference and Car shall be Delivered with a Week.

I am Doing those Formalities Today. I did Ask him about the Allotted VIN no. but Was told that it will be given only after making full payment. I don't know whether that is the standard practice?

I also Told him as to what is the Process of Customer Doing PDI on which he feigned ignorance i.e "We will do the PDI" what's the need.

My gut feel says, they have not even ordered the vehicle from the plant. The insistence on full payment is a clear give away. They will order only after you make full payment. Please do not budge, ask them for a VIN, do the PDI and only then make full payment.

All these are tricks played by the Fiat dealerships now a days.
Old 25th January 2016, 16:58   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
One generally does not make full payment till you have done the PDI and are satisfied. Once you make full payment you are at their mercy and will have to double follow up for everything.

I think you should insist on a VIN before you make any payment. It appears like they are going to place the order for a car with your money ! __________________

You read my mind their, I have asked Dealer to mail me VIN details he promised will do it on Wednesday and sent me a mail regarding that.

Well its going to be 2016 make as per email sent to me by GM.

I guess will move ahead with it now.
Old 25th January 2016, 18:09   #2825
BHPian

Not really. Dealers insist on full payment because FCA stops giving them cars on credit basis. This happened in my case also and an FCA official confirmed that I had to pay full amount because the dealership was not on best terms with FCA and cars were not being given on credit.

The problem is further exacerbated because the Linea hardly sells. So no dealer will acquire vehicles at his cost and deal with unsold inventory. If am a Maruti or a Hyundai dealer, may be yes. But with FIAT, its a catch-22.

Only thing to do is agree to pay, but get FIAT involved and tell them that in case your PDI reveals anything of such nature which implies that the car shouldn't have left the factory itself, then you will not accept and would want a replacement. Try to be reasonable about it....for example..if it is something that can be rectified at the dealer level, say, a scratch or a misaligned panel etc. then deal with it on that level only.

Another thing, pay the road tax only once you okay the car. If all they need is the cost of the car to get it to you, then pay them only that much.

You may want to carry a detailed PDI checklist with you. You are welcome to use this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
My gut feel says, they have not even ordered the vehicle from the plant. The insistence on full payment is a clear give away. They will order only after you make full payment. Please do not budge, ask them for a VIN, do the PDI and only then make full payment.

All these are tricks played by the Fiat dealerships now a days.
Old 25th January 2016, 18:21   #2826
BHPian

Quote:

I did a complete PDI myself before making full payment for my fiat. This was at Aadya motors, Bangalore.
Old 25th January 2016, 18:53   #2827
BHPian

My dealer here in Chennai ordered the car with just 25000 booking amount. Wanted only Magnesio Grey and it was available only at the Pune plant and not with the dealer. My loan was processed and I did the PDI before exchanging my old car with the dealer. My sales advisor had shared the VIN before I did the PDI. I was satisfied with the car allotted and so I gave the go ahead for registration and gave away my old car 2 days before registration.
Old 25th January 2016, 20:18   #2828
BHPian

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:

Don't even listen to their nonsense. I did believe their words made a huge mistake and have INR 2Lakhs parked with them.

Do a thorough PDI yourself and then pay the rest. A bunch of liars to say the least.

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 25th January 2016 at 20:19.
Old 25th January 2016, 20:23   #2829
BHPian

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:

Two reasons why he's doing it
1. He wants to recognize the sale as a January sale. Because they recognize their commission at the time of booking and it's difficult for them pay that money back, if you cancel it.
2. It's a fiat. If you cancel it, he has a car in inventory for which he's already paid for and he has to work harder to sell it.

I was in the same boat in some January. They gave me a car with its paint already etched by bird poop. I rejected it and he said he will get it polished. I asked him, what if it re-appears? Can he give me in writing that he will take care of it through the lifetime of the car. But he's also a smart man. So he becomes very aggressive and very unfriendly. For a moment I was confused about who was the customer. I just kept quiet and told him that, I need the VIN and I need to see the piece and do a PDI, before which I will not pay any more money or sign the form-22. He then asked me to cancel it. Didn't do that either. Just held my ground and he sulked into agreeing with my stand. It wasn't pleasant at all. This was the sales manager of Concorde motors. Since I didn't relieve myself of my money yet, I was the king.

No two fiats are the same in India. The inconsistency in fit and finish at the factory level is itself questionable by modern standards. Say a door lock or something is not working, the dealer will still push it because
1. He won't order another car for you
2. Dealers probably make the most of Fiats generous warranty policies by over clocking the bills. Again a catch-22, because if they don't make money in their investment, they will shift to a maruti or something else. And they don't sell 5k cars a month to have a queue outside their service station. Most of the current queues are to do with approval processes, parts unavailability and extended diagnosis times. There was a time when they were even more generous. And rightfully so - you don't expect the paint to develop bubbles or the a/c compressor to fail. Bloody hell they have to repair/replace it. So probably the use of the word generous is not correct. But with manufacturers like skoda in the same realm...

Last edited by carrerastrax : 25th January 2016 at 20:24.
Old 26th January 2016, 14:55   #2830
BHPian

Thanks All for your Advice and opinions,

I have told my Bank to hold the payment till I give them Go ahead.

I would like to share this with members that I had bit of Trouble with Fiat Dealers initially and I got In Touch with Direct Fiat Officials to clear the mess. This particular Dealer is aware that Fiat Officials are in Loop about this booking.

I am Expecting VIN on Wednesday. GM has personally confirmed this on the mail as well confirmed that it will be 2016 make.

I would do the PDI before allowing my Bank to Release the Funds.

I am sure as long as I am getting 2016 make. I should not be too perturbed. I am getting a written promise from GM to ensure that any Issue's in the car must be taken care Which Looking at Fiat Dealers record of Honoring warranty is not much of a concern.
Old 26th January 2016, 19:31   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post
Not really. Dealers insist on full payment because FCA stops giving them cars on credit basis. This happened in my case also and an FCA official confirmed that I had to pay full amount because the dealership was not on best terms with FCA and cars were not being given on credit.
This sounds strange. FCA does not trust their dealer enough to release them a car without upfront payment, but expects the customer to trust that same dealer and make upfront payment ?

Either this is a C & B story made up by the dealer+FCA, or FCA really does not trust the dealer. If FCA does not really trust that dealer, then the customer is better off not buying from that dealer at all. See the thread elsewhere on this forum where a Skoda dealer took payment from the customer for a car and simply shut shop.
Old 26th January 2016, 23:20   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
This sounds strange. FCA does not trust their dealer enough to release them a car without upfront payment, but expects the customer to trust that same dealer and make upfront payment ?

Either this is a C & B story made up by the dealer+FCA, or FCA really does not trust the dealer. If FCA does not really trust that dealer, then the customer is better off not buying from that dealer at all. See the thread elsewhere on this forum where a Skoda dealer took payment from the customer for a car and simply shut shop.

Isn't it how it works across all manufacturers? The dealer pays in full when he books the car. In the skoda case, it could be very likely that the dealer never placed the order, but collected the amount from the customers.
Old 30th January 2016, 07:37   #2833
BHPian

Hey guys, I am being offered a 2010 made, 2012 regiatered Tjet for 4.8L. Car has been maintained well and has run about 40k. What should be a decent price for this?
TIA!
Old 30th January 2016, 09:35   #2834
BHPian

Alright Folks, got the VIN no. the important part reads "AGZ" I guess its Jan 2016 model

I will be doing PDI on Monday and have already gone through "Team-BHP" thread about
PDI instructions, Still anything specific for Linea T-jet to be kept in mind?

@Akshay": That's not a bad price though I guess you can take to 4.5. Also whats the reading on ODO?
Old 1st February 2016, 12:34   #2835
BHPian

Called up a Fiat showroom in Electronics City, Bengaluru (which itself was difficult as the web-site has a wrong number listed and the service section just passed me the sales guys number instead giving him my number to call) - they apparently dont even have Petrol Linea for a test drive !

No wonder Fiat is struggling with numbers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks