Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:24   #2956
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
I have a 2015 TJet and my mileage figures are exactly the same as yours... So New Lineas being more thirsty isn't exactly right, in my opinion.
No they are not, in fact mine is giving slightly better figures than the one mentioned , and mine is now close to completing 40k kilometers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
May have to clarify, other wise the Tjet may lose its character. I feel the jet cruises comfortably at regular highway speeds, beyond that it could struggle.
I agree , there is a drop if fuel efficiency of course but i am happy cruising with the Jet at 110-120, that would be my average speed on most highway trips

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 3rd January 2017 at 01:33. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 10th February 2017, 11:19   #2957
BHPian

Hello Fiat Owners

My June-2012 Linea has developed a glitch as below.

The 'Up' switch on the right side of steering is behaving erratically for past few months.

If I press 'Up' button,
Expected Result: move to next track/next radio station/scroll up in a list.
Actual Result: Music changes from Media to Radio to CD. And, in telephone mode, it just calls the number in display instead of scrolling.

So, I use only the down button to reverse scroll! It is so much an irritant!

Any one of you faced such issue?

I read in another forum and the solution was to replace the steering wheel itself!

Last edited by daretodream : 10th February 2017 at 11:20. Reason: formatting
Old 10th February 2017, 14:51   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Hello Fiat Owners

The 'Up' switch on the right side of steering is behaving erratically for past few months.

If I press 'Up' button,
Expected Result: move to next track/next radio station/scroll up in a list.
Actual Result: Music changes from Media to Radio to CD. And, in telephone mode, it just calls the number in display instead of scrolling.

So, I use only the down button to reverse scroll! It is so much an irritant!

Any one of you faced such issue?

I read in another forum and the solution was to replace the steering wheel itself!
I have the exact problem. But the problem presents itself only 2 out of 10 times. And I doubt that they will replace the steering wheel unless its a problem that is consistent. I have a feeling maybe its a contact problem and just opening up that and cleaning it should resolve it.

Am planning to get the steering opened over the weekend for leather wrapping. The newer lineas appear to be wrapped with Rexin and its pure painful to hold. Will see if its possible to open up the cluster.
Old 10th February 2017, 15:47   #2959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Hello Fiat Owners

My June-2012 Linea has developed a glitch as below.

=====
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post
I have the exact problem. But the problem presents itself only 2 out of 10 times. And I doubt that they will replace the steering wheel unless its a problem that is consistent. I have a feeling maybe its a contact problem and just opening up that and cleaning it should resolve it.
===

Use a visiting card and get all the dirt out between the steering mounted buttons and the surround, this problem should go.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th February 2017 at 17:21. Reason: Edited quoted posts for better readability
Old 11th February 2017, 13:05   #2960
BHPian

Hi Fiat Owners,
I am getting Airbag failure message possibly due to some wire cut by rats.
I showed it in KHT and they suggested that they will need to dismantle complete dashboard to find out the root cause and it will take then 3-4 days. However, those people could not resolve other small issues like change track to next (like the problem mentioned above) and noise from screeching noise from disk brakes (Disk and brake pads are new) even though they charged me for cleaning them. So I am not confident that they will be able to handle this.
Is there a better service station in Bangalore who can be trusted to do the job properly?
Old 11th February 2017, 14:46   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Hi Fiat Owners,
I guess your battery is weak. How old is your battery?
Old 11th February 2017, 14:51   #2962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a better service station in Bangalore who can be trusted to do the job properly?
Pride cars is a good private garage. Harish has experience with FIAT cars and you can give him a try.

The Airbag failure message can be a problem with a weak battery.
Old 11th February 2017, 20:20   #2963
BHPian

The battery is ruled out as it's new and it has been verified by KHT as well.
I had spoken to Harish over phone. He suggested that as electronics are involved it's better to take it to authorized service center.
Now, I am not aware which service center is best at the moment. 2 years back KHT used to be good ( and near to my home).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Pride cars is a good private garage. Harish has experience with FIAT cars and you can give him a try.

The Airbag failure message can be a problem with a weak battery.
Old 12th February 2017, 09:59   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
The battery is ruled out as it's new and it has been verified by KHT as well.
I had spoken to Harish over phone. He suggested that as electronics are involved it's better to take it to authorized service center.
Now, I am not aware which service center is best at the moment. 2 years back KHT used to be good ( and near to my home).
Could give a try @ Vecto motors. My Jet is getting serviced from there. I have also availed KHT service before. There is no much of diffrence between both, in terms of efficiencies and inefficiencies. The competence level, not sure they could tackle any thing beyond the regular service. I also had a problem of irratic warning lights, which was solved by changing the battery. How old is your battery? Also make sure the battery is for TJET, this diffrent from the ones used in NA linea.

It could be our perception as well, that FAS cannot handle complicated tasks. Generally I am satisfied with their service, though they would not stick to the promised delivery time, would leave stain mark in the upholstery et al. I would suggest you stick on with KHT, let them give it a try. Nothing should go drastically wrong, they should be able to tackle this issue, which I still feel is of battery or some other minor circuit issue. All the best!!

Last edited by shijinpr : 12th February 2017 at 10:01. Reason: Spell Check
shijinpr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 17:19   #2965

Quote:
Hi Fiat Owners,
I showed it in KHT and they suggested that they will need to dismantle complete dashboard to find out the root cause and it will take then 3-4 days. However, those people could not resolve other small issues like change track to next (like the problem mentioned above) and noise from screeching noise from disk brakes (Disk and brake pads are new) even though they charged me for cleaning them. So I am not confident that they will be able to handle this.
I had the same issue as well and it got resolved after changing the battery.
Old 17th February 2017, 18:15   #2966
BHPian

If the battery is new, then the wire connecting to the airbag sensor could have been chewed by rats. Happened to my car long back. Ask the SA to check the harness that connects to the airbag sensor.
Old 17th February 2017, 18:47   #2967
BHPian

To all tjet owners here,

I have 2013 jet with 17K odd kms done. My car always seems to struggle whenever the outside temperature hits 30c plus. This time the difference was pronounced as I had spent the weekend in Ooty, 5 people plus a full boot, yet i never struggled in the hills, had plenty of power. Yet while coming down and we had to head to the CBE airport directly from metupalayam, I had a tough time overtaking vehicles in the plains. The 3rd gear seemed to be very sluggish and accceleration beyond 80 was slow and the engine sounded harsh.

I have never driven another Tjet in my life. So I do not know if this is an issue or normal behaviour. How do I go about diagnosing the issue (with the help of SVC) and eliminate any probability of the car having any issues in itself - like any faulty sensor or any leaks?

The car has no modifications done to it. However as it is in CBE and I am in Bangalore, it sees absolutely minimal running. And yes it has a weak battery - airbag failure keeps popping up. Wondering if that has anything to do with the performance.

For my trip from CBE to OOTY and back I got an average mileage of 9km/l if that is an indication of my seeking more accelaration and pushing the pedal.

And yes, I tanked up on regularioc stuff from one of the better bunks in cbe -Vedanayagam and never filled petrol anywhere else, so adulteration is ruled out as well.

Hope to reach a solution on this soon ! looking forward to your replies!
Old 17th February 2017, 19:00   #2968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
To all tjet owners here,

I have 2013 jet with 17K odd kms done. My car always seems to struggle whenever the outside temperature hits 30c plus. This time the difference was pronounced as I had spent the weekend in Ooty, 5 people plus a full boot, yet i never struggled in the hills, had plenty of power. Yet while coming down and we had to head to the CBE airport directly from metupalayam, I had a tough time overtaking vehicles in the plains. The 3rd gear seemed to be very sluggish and accceleration beyond 80 was slow and the engine sounded harsh.

I have never driven another Tjet in my life. So I do not know if this is an issue or normal behaviour. How do I go about diagnosing the issue (with the help of SVC) and eliminate any probability of the car having any issues in itself - like any faulty sensor or any leaks?

The car has no modifications done to it. However as it is in CBE and I am in Bangalore, it sees absolutely minimal running. And yes it has a weak battery - airbag failure keeps popping up. Wondering if that has anything to do with the performance.

For my trip from CBE to OOTY and back I got an average mileage of 9km/l if that is an indication of my seeking more accelaration and pushing the pedal.

And yes, I tanked up on regularioc stuff from one of the better bunks in cbe -Vedanayagam and never filled petrol anywhere else, so adulteration is ruled out as well.

Hope to reach a solution on this soon ! looking forward to your replies!
That is similar to my experience with Linea Tjet at Coimbatore. When the weather is cool, the car is amazingly smooth with a great engine response and the same cannot be said when the weather becomes hot. A couple of things seem to help in improving things:
1. Remap - went ahead with the Wolfmoto remap and the car is super responsive with much smoother acceleration in almost all weather conditions
2. This might sound weird, but when I started using Full Auto AC things started feeling a little smoother in terms of engine response/noise compared to running the AC in manual setting.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 19:11   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
That is similar to my experience with Linea Tjet at Coimbatore. When the weather is cool, the car is amazingly smooth with a great engine response and the same cannot be said when the weather becomes hot. A couple of things seem to help in improving things:
1. Remap - went ahead with the Wolfmoto remap and the car is super responsive with much smoother acceleration in almost all weather conditions
2. This might sound weird, but when I started using Full Auto AC things started feeling a little smoother in terms of engine response/noise compared to running the AC in manual setting.
You running a wolfmoto map ? Interesting. Is your car in cbe? Would love to try it out and gauge the difference then and there.

I have always been on manual mode, never actually used auto.
Old 17th February 2017, 19:14   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
You running a wolfmoto map ? Interesting. Is your car in cbe? Would love to try it out and gauge the difference then and there.

I have always been on manual mode, never actually used auto.
yes, I am running on Wolfmoto map. I was using either manual or auto earlier, but shifted to full auto mode recently as I felt it to be a lot better from drive-ability perspective. You are welcome to try my car sometime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks