Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2016, 16:16   #2806
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
That's Quite Pathetic and sad to say the least.

I am just Curious about Which color did you book because they were telling me all the time about White, Minimal Grey and couple of Tuscon Whine being left

I can really feel your Disappointment having gone through some of that myself
Hi Fight_Club,

I booked a Magnesia Grey Tjet (Dynamic) but was fine with either White or Grey but my only requirement was an August make vehicle. All the excitement and fun of the vehicle is ruined by these officials. I am waiting for a call regarding the cancellation.

Best wishes to you on your purchase. Do a thorough PDI.
Old 11th January 2016, 12:10   #2807
BHPian

My T-Jet is ~30 months old, and the OEM Exide battery is starting to act up. Today I did a few errands all within close distances, and the MID started flashing "Airbag Failure" each time when starting. The car does not run much, mostly short runs in the city 2-3 times a week, and the occasional long-distance run.

I stopped by a nearby battery place and asked them to check it. Verdict: "a little weak". I asked details about an Amaron replacement and was told only 45A was available (the original Exide is 50A). Upon further probing, was told a 55A was available which would fit - Amaron Flo 55, model 555112054.

Anybody know if higher capacity can be fit in the T-Jet (2013 model)? Anybody know the DIN size of the original?

The shop quoted Rs. 6100 - Rs. 800 buyback = net Rs. 5300.

Batterybhai's net price comes to Rs. 4700. How reliable are Batterybhai? Also, Amaron's website has a link to buy online, which goes to Batterywale.com, who claim they are the only authorized online seller of Amaron. Is warranty affected if purchased from Batterybhai?

Many thanks.
Old 11th January 2016, 12:36   #2808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
My T-Jet is ~30 months old, and the OEM Exide battery is starting to act up. Today I did a few errands all within close distances, and the MID started flashing "Airbag Failure" each time when starting. The car does not run much, mostly short runs in the city 2-3 times a week, and the occasional long-distance run.

I stopped by a nearby battery place and asked them to check it. Verdict: "a little weak". I asked details about an Amaron replacement and was told only 45A was available (the original Exide is 50A). Upon further probing, was told a 55A was available which would fit - Amaron Flo 55, model 555112054.

Anybody know if higher capacity can be fit in the T-Jet (2013 model)? Anybody know the DIN size of the original?

The shop quoted Rs. 6100 - Rs. 800 buyback = net Rs. 5300.

Batterybhai's net price comes to Rs. 4700. How reliable are Batterybhai? Also, Amaron's website has a link to buy online, which goes to Batterywale.com, who claim they are the only authorized online seller of Amaron. Is warranty affected if purchased from Batterybhai?

Many thanks.
30 months is a good life with the OEM Exide battery, I got 19 months life out of this . Switched to Amaron and it is going fine until now. Regarding Batterbhai I have heard good things, if you can negotiate with the local vendor for the same price, nothing like it. Also sticking to 55 Din should be perfectly fine.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 13:41   #2809
BHPian

Quote:
My T-Jet is ~30 months old, and the OEM Exide battery is starting to act up.
The OE battery in my T-Jet lasted 24 months.

Quote:
Upon further probing, was told a 55A was available which would fit - Amaron Flo 55, model 555112054.
Yes. You can safely go with 55A. I have the same Amaron Flo 55 battery in my T-Jet. In the battery tray, there is a small detachable plastic stop which needs to be removed. Once removed, the 55A battery will fit perfectly.
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 14:56   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
30 months is a good life with the OEM Exide battery, I got 19 months life out of this . Switched to Amaron and it is going fine until now. Regarding Batterbhai I have heard good things, if you can negotiate with the local vendor for the same price, nothing like it. Also sticking to 55 Din should be perfectly fine.
Go for 55 Din. I have the same battery fitted in my Palio 1.6 and its working fine. I ordered via Batterybhai and I got it done within a couple of hours so no complaints on that.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 13:18   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Amaron. Is warranty affected if purchased from Batterybhai?

Many thanks.
I got the following battery model fitted in my T-Jet from Batterybhai in June 2015: Amaron AAM-FL-550114042. The service was good and the guy provided me a signed warranty card for the battery. I applied a Rs 100/- coupon and got a price for 4099/- for the above battery model in exchange for the old battery.
Till now the battery is going good. Upon installation though it did seemed like the battery had issue as the car would start erratically , but after doing a run of around 10-12 kms, the battery behavior ironed itself and is running perfectly since then. Maybe it was an issue with the charge amount in the new battery. This battery is still available at the same price if you apply a Rs 100 coupon: http://www.batterybhai.com/car-batte...2/382/2/1/50/1

Best of luck with the decision.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 15:39   #2812
BHPian

Thanks Krishna, PatchBoy, sharninder and xaero. I suspect lack of running is the main problem now and will try to do an Italian tune-up one of these days. I want to put off changing the battery as long as I can.

Another option is to get it bench charged at a dealer; don't know if they still do that like in the older days. Most shops seem to be purely retail now, with just enough knowledge to swap batteries. The place I went to brought out a multi meter to test the battery, much to my amazement; sheesh, I have a Fluke at home and could do that myself. They reluctantly fished out the specific gravity tester when I asked for it.
Old 19th January 2016, 15:40   #2813
BHPian

Recently, actually on 1st Jan onwards, did a small highway trip.

Delhi - Jaipur - Delhi

Delhi - Jaipur - 1st Jan was a gloriously sunny day in Delhi and a perfect one for a highway trip. The traffic was light on NH-8 much to my surprise. Wife insisted on a quiet ride which meant the turbo wasn't allowed to spool much

So, drove at a sedate 90 - 100 kmph. Took only a single looc cum coffee cum lunch break.

We hit Jaipur around 3'ish and went for city palace, Hawa Mahal and Jantar Mantar.

2nd Jan was a staurday and probably a very bad day to do forts which is what we did. All the touristy crown (including us) was in full flow and we had to cross the old city to do the forts. Couldn't find parking in Amber Fort and there was route by which you could take the car right upto the fort. The entire stretch was badly clogged. Did Nahargarh and Chowki Dhani in the the evening. Was a very tiring day - on account of the badly clogged roads.

3rd Jan - Back to Delhi via a small visit to Shulgiri, where a Jain temple is located. The return journey was done at 100 - 120kmph. Broke for lunch at Dharuhera at the famous Old Rao Dhaba. Sumptuous food and kulfi falooda and finally home!

Observations:

1. The jet is pleasure to drive at 90-100kmph. It drives like a whale....sort of majestic - calmp and composed and you always having the power to turn into a shark at a slight press of the accelerator.

2. I never floored the car to 130 - 140 speeds. While coming back, I would have covered majority of the distance in 100-120 speeds. Though, the car doesn't complain - I realised the pleasure of coasting at 90-100 is different. Unlike the Delhi Ludhiana Highway (NH1), Delhi Jaipur road is not like a straight line and there are turns. No, not the sharp ones that one may encounter in Mumbai pune or elsewhere - let's say the highway does curve around at places.

Now, this is where I had fun or rather also tested Jet's claims of handling curves. Am happy! I could take turns at fairly high speeds where other cars backed out. This gave me the perfect opportunities to build gaps between other cars without resorting to drive too fast.

3.) The total distance covered was 650km approx.

The average that i managed was 12.5kmpl

Now, I am getting 10.5 - 11.5kmpl in the city. I expected highway to give me about 15kmpl. Phew, this is a bug -bear.

4.) The slight whistling sound that I am getting from the Jet is irritating. I had taken the car to the service station before the Jaipur trip. As per them, it is from the oil pump and is routine. However, need to take it back to them for getting it rectified because it is just irritating to hear such a sound while driving.

And of course an incident to sign off: While coming back there was some sort of a road block at Kothputli. I had slowed almost to zero and trying to navigate the way through. A Innova stopped on my left and the moment there was some space, the fella zoomed through. About half a km or so ahead I sort of catch up with him. He is revving hard. I downshift to 4th and whizz past him and then for next km or so do not let up the steam! After some time, I could not see him on the rear mirror even.

Mind you, I still never crossed 120.

That is the beauty of this car....give the car some curves on the road and some traffic to navigate and it becomes very difficult for other cars to follow.

So, all in all - everything fine but for the low highway mileage + that irritating sound.

cheers,
locopoco777 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 20:28   #2814
BHPian

Nil driving pleasure

Its been more than 6 months since I sold my Tjet emotion (2013) and experience with Fiat Linea has been terrible.
I love to drive sporty cars and bought linea instead of Honda city purely for its handling and performance which this car never provided.
I faced lot of problems ranging from quality issues, poor dynamics, dealer apathy.

Some of the issues I faced were:

The car used to stall in Delhi's hot summer requiring shift to lower gear and " pumping " accelerator to prevent it from stalling when cruising.

Apart from stalling issue in summers, over uneven roads one had to have firm grip in steering as the steering used to rock over uneven roads and i had shown countless times to thrust fiat and they said its normal.

The car used to bounce a lot when traveling over 80 km/hr and also it struggled to reach 100km/hr when driving in highway

Quality problems started from day I took delivery with Driver's side sun shade light coming off. Few weeks later rear curtain didn't go back.
I had asked thrust Fiat service center to replace it under warranty during first service but they refused to replace it under warranty and I had to pay for replacement.
The remote key stopped functioning within 5 months and for which I had claimed warranty and again refused by Fiat service center.
Bought two remote keys instead of one .

The next issue I faced made me very angry. Thrust Fiat didn't have body shop and I had sent my car to DRS Fiat after reading good reviews for replacing bumper.I had asked them to install rear parking sensor with camera unit. When my car was delivered it was without rear camera and only normal buzz type parking sensor.
Apart from this main job of replacing and painting bumper was shoddily done with side chrome beads hanging loose and bumper colour not even remotely matching body colour. I had some official work so left it as it is and took home the car as i had no time argue with these fellows.
After few months got it repainted local garage who did far better job than these blokes.

After living with this shoddy product I got tired persistent niggles. It was then I realized that I am getting poor fuel economy for nil driving pleasure and decided to sell it for 3.5 lakhs to Mahindra first choice as no buyer was interested in buying this car even for 5 lakhs. The amount was enough to pay for closing the loan.

Now I am more cautious of buying sporty cars having burnt fingers annd prefer to stick to mundane cars.
Old 19th January 2016, 20:57   #2815
BHPian

Re: Nil driving pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Its been more than 6 months since I sold my Tjet emotion (2013) and experience with Fiat Linea has been terrible.
Really sorry to hear about your issues with the Jet, because mine has been the exact opposite in about 2 years of use. I have not had one major mechanical issue related to a manufacturing defect so far. The issues I had with rusting of bolts, and patches on the paint were dealt with promptly and professionally by KHT Fiat (But I still have to figure out how to get rid of one persistant pesky rat !!!). No squeaks, rattles or falling parts so far, and best of all it gives me immense joy even when I drive it sedately.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 09:46   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
I love to drive sporty cars and bought linea instead of Honda city purely for its handling and performance which this car never provided.
Really sad to hear this. Looks like you have got a car with issues (we call it Lemon). Moreover the issues might not be major ones but as you mentioned if the dealer service was good it won't have hurt you much. Linea T-Jet indeed is a dream to drive and I know people who are very happy with the vehicle but not happy with the Fiat Service.

My journey with Fiat was a real bad one too lets keep it for sometime later but I still love the car.

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 20th January 2016 at 09:49.
Old 21st January 2016, 10:14   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Really sad to hear this. Looks like you have got a car with issues (we call it Lemon). Moreover the issues might not be major ones but as you mentioned if the dealer service was good it won't have hurt you much. Linea T-Jet indeed is a dream to drive and I know people who are very happy with the vehicle but not happy with the Fiat Service.

My journey with Fiat was a real bad one too lets keep it for sometime later but I still love the car.
@Arindam_Nayek, What about your Linea TJet purchase? Still sticking to FIAT or pursuing another brand? Repayment from Aadya received?
Old 21st January 2016, 12:35   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
@Arindam_Nayek, What about your Linea TJet purchase? Still sticking to FIAT or pursuing another brand? Repayment from Aadya received?
Hi Vinodh,

The answer on the repayment is No. The account team from Aadya called me up and informed that there will be a deduction of 10K for the cancellation since the vehicle is invoiced on my name. Escalated the issue to Mr Mangesh, he assured me that he had escalated it internally and I should be able to get a positive response soon.

On the new vehicle, I would give it a thought once I get my money back from Fiat.
Old 21st January 2016, 12:44   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Hi Vinodh,

The answer on the repayment is No. The account team from Aadya called me up and informed that there will be a deduction of 10K for the cancellation since the vehicle is invoiced on my name. Escalated the issue to Mr Mangesh, he assured me that he had escalated it internally and I should be able to get a positive response soon.

On the new vehicle, I would give it a thought once I get my money back from Fiat.
My battle with them too continues. So much so that I uttered the dreaded words to my wife, "I SHALL CONSIDER OTHER BRANDS NEXT TIME AROUND" I would frankly stick to those words unlike this time around wherein nothing else other than the TJet was ever considered seriously.

These morons are completely spoiling the experience of owning a FIAT. The manager goes by the name Deepak and little said about him the better. We are now demanding an intrest on the amount they kept for 2 months. They quoted their process and all and I said even keeping someone's money just like that isn't right and hence I need the interest.
Old 21st January 2016, 12:51   #2820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post
So, all in all - everything fine but for the low highway mileage
strange as it may seem, driving at 100kmph steady on the highways got me 16+ mileage. same highway with pedal to the metal was 10kmpl

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks