Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 10:12   #2701
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyonwheels View Post
Hey Friends,
Just wanted to share a quick update -
last week we successfully completed our Bangalore-Paris run in our Tjet. It's due I update here particularly because there were a lot of people who helped out with opinions that mattered when we went in for the buy.

Needless to say - it performed like a dream.
That is just phenomenal andyonwheels. Congratulations.

And as you said, I'm hoping you find time to put in your experiences...
OwnersPride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 10:49   #2702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Friends,
last week we successfully completed our Bangalore-Paris run in our Tjet.
: )
Followed your trip on facebook and overlandstories. You all really had a great experience, I am sure.

Please post your experiences and also on how you managed to acquire permit/visa/etc to various countries. Almost all the countries you visited except Nepal are left hand drives. How did you manage there? Any issues with the country specific laws about permitting RHD vehicles there? Lot of questions
Old 11th August 2015, 18:54   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post

The question is, is the T-Jet the true successor of the 1.6 GTX.

The answer is NO.

Not that the Linea isn't fun, but the GTX is F.U.N.!!
I forgot to add one more thing to the post. The GTX, after replacement of the Lambda sensor, has been returning a mileage of approx 10-11 kmpl in the city!

Although I expect it to improve once the engine is run in, the T-Jet has been returning approx 9.5 kmpl so far...
Old 11th August 2015, 20:55   #2704
BHPian

Guys, I have a query w.r.t Blue&Me. Can we pair our mobile phones via BT/USB/AUX to hear gmaps navigation through car speakers?
If yes, what is the process?
Old 11th August 2015, 22:40   #2705
BHPian

If I recall correctly, you follow the usual Bluetooth pairing process to pair with Blue&Me and turn on voice navigation in your maps app. That seemed to have worked for me.
Old 12th August 2015, 07:07   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
If I recall correctly, you follow the usual Bluetooth pairing process to pair with Blue&Me and turn on voice navigation in your maps app. That seemed to have worked for me.
For some reason this didn't work for me. I could only make calls via Bluetooth. Navigation routes came through my phone and not car speakers. :(
Old 12th August 2015, 08:12   #2707
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Friends,
last week we successfully completed our Bangalore-Paris run in our Tjet. It's due I update here particularly because there were a lot of people who helped out with opinions that mattered when we went in for the buy.

Needless to say - it performed like a dream.

Apologize for the short update - I do hope to share and elaborate more as I find time. For now it is catching up on a lot of pending assignments that we had put on-hold for the 111 Days we were on the road.

Feels great to be sharing this news here with fellow-mates!
Wishing all Journey-of-a-lifetime, atleast once!
Cheers!
: )
Congratulations on this Amazing Trip

111 Days on Road to Paris, that is some dream coming true. I just can't wait for your travelogue to come out.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 09:00   #2708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
For some reason this didn't work for me. I could only make calls via Bluetooth. Navigation routes came through my phone and not car speakers. :(

My old iPhone with old iOS behaved like you mentioned. But after upgrading to the latest iOS, the instructions come through the speakers. So I suppose it's more to do with the OS. It's neat now, the music volume is lowered when the instructions are read out.
Old 12th August 2015, 14:22   #2709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Please post your experiences and also on how you managed to acquire permit/visa/etc to various countries. Almost all the countries you visited except Nepal are left hand drives. How did you manage there? Any issues with the country specific laws about permitting RHD vehicles there? Lot of questions
It took a while with the paper-work, say about 3.5 months in all (but that's only the paperwork). Especially as one countries Visa is dependent of the other. Research started 7 months before we left for the Journey.

Regarding RHD - after a while you get used to it. We drove for a month in China and that proved to be a really good training ground. Besides, you just cannot do without a navigator on the highways when you want to overtake.

The whole right-hand-drive made for wonder-struck stares and conversations. Most would do a double-take to see why is the 'driver' so chilled or in some cases sleeping only to realize moments later its a RHD.

For instance there was a cop in Uzbekistan who stopped us on a highway and walked up to the passenger side (where my wife was seated) and insisted on her License. He stood there for a good two minutes trying to communicate to us that he wants to see her license and then I said to him, 'but you should be seeing mine, cos I am the one driving'. The guy just cracked up when he noticed the car was a RHD. Lol!

I do intend on sharing as much info possible through our video-docu-series on YouTube. But it will be a couple weeks before I get started on it for now.

Thanks,

Last edited by andyonwheels : 12th August 2015 at 14:23.
andyonwheels is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:10   #2710
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to you & your family on the adventure.

So, is the Linea back too? how did you guys get the car back home. Did someone dive/is driving it back or by air/sea freight etc.

When you post the research details, do elaborate on the documentation required for getting the ride back home. TIA

Quote:
Research started 7 months before we left for the Journey.
Old 17th August 2015, 13:37   #2711
BHPian

Guys, I am looking for a GPS device/mobile holder for my T-Jet. This is for an LX355 MapMyIndia with rear view camera.

Presently I have attached it to the front corner, but I find it a problem in the hills taking right turns.

Want to attach the suction cap on the front quarter glass (driver's side), so that visibility is not further hampered. The A pillar/front quarter glass already obscures a part of the field of vision there, so I am looking for a mount with a longer goose neck that will attach right on the quarter glass.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20150817_125506.jpg

I looked in local shops, but found them either

1) Short gooseneck.

2) Long but flimsy goosenecks.

Any suggestions for models/brands? I am looking for something that is

1) Sturdy.
2) Should accommodate 3.5" wide device.
3) Long enough for the T-Jet's deep set front quarterglass.

I am posting this question here specifically (as opposed to accessories) as the quarter glass of the T-Jet is a bit deep set.
Old 17th August 2015, 13:52   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Guys, I am looking for a GPS device/mobile holder for my T-Jet. This is for an LX355 MapMyIndia with rear view camera.
============
I am posting this question here specifically (as opposed to accessories) as the quarter glass of the T-Jet is a bit deep set.

are you particular about attaching it to the quarter glass / windshield? If you do not use your CD drive, you can consider CD drive mounts. You can find a few pics I uploaded on the other thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3780105) .
praveen789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 16:22   #2713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
are you particular about attaching it to the quarter glass / windshield? If you do not use your CD drive, you can consider CD drive mounts. You can find a few pics I uploaded on the other thread () .
Thanks Praveen. I borrowed a friend's AC mount (StuffCool, Clasp). Instead of mounting it in the center AC vent, I mounted it on the right AC vent, which I seem to prefer (less clutter/less wires). Don't want the central console getting cluttered. I will check it for a day and see if it works for me.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20150817_155838.jpg

Meanwhile, I did look up Exomount CD mounts earlier, but as they did not support anything more than 85 mm (this GPS unit is 89 mm), I did not look further.

However, the Mountek one you have mentioned should accommodate larger ones as per their website. Do you know any place where I can get it cheap?

Edit: Don't know why the picture gets inverted everytime I upload it. Mods, please help.

Last edited by johy : 17th August 2015 at 16:25.
Old 17th August 2015, 16:30   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Praveen. I borrowed a friend's AC mount (StuffCool, Clasp). Instead of mounting it in the center AC vent, I mounted it on the right AC vent, which I seem to prefer (less clutter/less wires). Don't want the central console getting cluttered. I will check it for a day and see if it works for me.

Attachment 1404755

Meanwhile, I did look up Exomount CD mounts earlier, but as they did not support anything more than 85 mm (this GPS unit is 89 mm), I did not look further.

However, the Mountek one you have mentioned should accommodate larger ones as per their website. Do you know any place where I can get it cheap?

Edit: Don't know why the picture gets inverted everytime I upload it. Mods, please help.
Yes. Mountek can accomodate devices upto 4.37 inches wide. I had ordered mine from GEB (Global Ebay) for INR 2200. The seller is Moutek themselves and GEB takes care of all customs and delivery. So it is hasslefree.
Old 17th August 2015, 18:34   #2715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

in the same boat. tried different cell phone holders but just couldn't find the right one.

narrowed things down to this:

http://celbot.com/CelGo-Car-Mount

now to find someone coming from the us of a to bring this
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks