Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2015, 07:32   #2626
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i View Post
Does it make sense to change the air filter to an after market one eg: K&N filter?
To start, it is a little difficult to accommodate a after market air filter, such as a conical type. Even if you do manage this, it is going to sit behind the headlamp unit, defeats the purpose. You can try stock replacement K&N, BMC, Green Cotton but don't expect any change to the performance of the car. Maybe a little change in the intake note but that's it. The only gain will be cleaner air in to the engine. Please note that K&N filters are wet type and will need attention as a DIY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i View Post
Does it make sense? Have any of you done it?
I have no experience with remapping and to be honest, never felt starved of power to justify a ECU job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Is it specific to the T jet?
No. The stock Exide on my car is now 3.5 years and no trouble. This is for car that is rarely used during the week and runs no more than 50km on the weekend. At this rate, should have died by now. There are multiple factors at play when it comes to cell life.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 27th April 2015 at 07:40.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 18:57   #2627
Senior - BHPian

So after near on a year of holding off, i bit the bullet and installed a single din in my linea jet active. As you guys know, the active does not have USB, BT and Aux.

Got the adapter from aliexpress for Rs.1500 or so. Installation and misc expenses was another Rs.1400. Good clean install.

Happy that i can finally plug in my ipod with lossless music and have comfortable handsfree solution.
Old 5th May 2015, 13:44   #2628
Senior - BHPian

got a call from fiat for a wiring harness upgrade. looks like a silent recall going on?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 14:54   #2629
BHPian

So, after sitting on the fence for some time, I have bit the bullet !

A 2015 Linea T jet in Tuscan Wine.

Was really confused between a hip hop black & a tuscan wine - but tuscan wine won the battle.

I should get the delivery by 20th May.

Advice needed:

1.) Since reverse parking sensors are not standard fitment - I was thinking of going with a GPS cum reverse parking camera..... pl suggest some options.

Will a garmin/Tom Tom GPS bought from US work here? I have relatives and can procure it from there.

2.) Tyre upgrade to michelins - Will it make a lot of difference to the ride and road noise.

cheers,
Old 5th May 2015, 17:27   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post
1.) Since reverse parking sensors are not standard fitment - I was thinking of going with a GPS cum reverse parking camera..... pl suggest some options.

My suggestion is go for one without camera. A small brake failure of Auto Rickshaw from behind may ruin the party.

Quote:

2.) Tyre upgrade to michelins - Will it make a lot of difference to the ride and road noise.

cheers,
Go for Michelin Primacy ST-3. Super silent and very comfortable. Remember that T-Jet has harsher side of stiffness and at times the ride becomes challenging on bad roads.
I have been using Primacy ST-3 for past 8k kms and enjoying it ever since. My previous S-drives were great on curves and grip, but it had major issue of hydroplaning and deafening noise. It was only after replacing them with Michelins I came to know the actual groan of Engine, otherwise with S-drives it was only the tyre sound.

A small update. For the long weekend I went to Siddapur-Sirsi to attend a wedding through Bangalore-Shimoga route. The car ran problem free. With 4 persons on board(2 heavy and 2 average weighted) and every inch of boot occupied with items such as 20kgs jaggery tin-canister, two 33 kgs heavy suitcases, 2 air-bags, 1 full size DSLR backpack with heavy equipment, heavy tripod, a full bunch of bananas from farmland(~100 bananas) and various other items the car gave a FE of 14 kmpl to and fro with 100% AC. I drove sedately and did not cross 80 kmph.

I realized this time that if you drive between 60-80 kmph, the drive is more enjoying. The power of T-Jet is reserved for those tricky overtaking in 2-lane highways.

But, the catch is my knee issue is creeping up day after day. This time I had to take a break after every 50-70 kms. I am contemplating an AT replacement pretty soon which most probably will not be from Fiat :( .
Speed Pujari is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 18:05   #2631
BHPian

Almost every other manufacturer has one or two automatics to their name in the stable except Fiat. Why Fiat is so reluctant to introduce an autobox in India? Being the masters in engineering every other major auto parts, why the gearbox alone is left out ? It is high time that they introduced an auto box as the current trend is towards clutch free machines. Chose a Volkswagen over Fiat only because of the autobox😞
Old 6th May 2015, 11:51   #2632
BHPian

Some good news for Fiat owners. Nationwide FIAT Car Summer Check Up camp on 7,8 & 9 May at all FIAT W/S. 10% discount on Labour and Parts. Also 525/- Off on Reverse Parking Sensor *T&C applied
Old 6th May 2015, 12:20   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
My suggestion is go for one without camera. A small brake failure of Auto Rickshaw from behind may ruin the party.

Go for Michelin Primacy ST-3. Super silent and very comfortable. Remember that T-Jet has harsher side of stiffness and at times the ride becomes challenging on bad roads.
Thnx Speed Pujari... will definitely explore ST-3. Any idea how much they cost ...what is the best exchange value i can get.

Any experience with LCs.

I had experienced Linea's rear parking sensors in their test vehicle. Somehow, it seemed that in a noisy environment the sound of the sensors will get drowned.

Either way, I was thinking of getting a nice GPS......and then i thought - why not by an integrated one with reverse parking camera.

Any suggestion on GPS with/without reverse parking camera.
Old 6th May 2015, 15:01   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post
Thnx Speed Pujari... will definitely explore ST-3. Any idea how much they cost ...what is the best exchange value i can get.

Any experience with LCs.

I had experienced Linea's rear parking sensors in their test vehicle. Somehow, it seemed that in a noisy environment the sound of the sensors will get drowned.

Either way, I was thinking of getting a nice GPS......and then i thought - why not by an integrated one with reverse parking camera.

Any suggestion on GPS with/without reverse parking camera.
LCs were outdated when I was in market last year in December (as told by the dealer). The ST3 were approx. 10k a piece, no idea about current pricing.

I have an old Mapmyindia Vx-140s and it has never failed till date. My wife gifted it to me in 2010 but certainly she did a lot of research before buying it. I have heard cases of incorrect navigation in other brands, somehow mapmyindia never failed in that respect. Some of the POI on highways such as HP petrol pumps were not accurate though. But otherwise its pretty good. You can check the latest models since mine is outdated.

I don't think the sound of sensor beep will drown in noisy areas since the sound insulation of Linea is pretty good. For e.g. the speed beep volume is normally low, but it has never occurred to me that I could not hear it. There is no noise louder than highly revving engine sound entering the cabin. And I don't think you want to reverse your car at a speed of 90kmph so that the sound will be drowned.
Speed Pujari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 23:27   #2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiaashish View Post
Some good news for Fiat owners. Nationwide FIAT Car Summer Check Up camp on 7,8 & 9 May at all FIAT W/S. 10% discount on Labour and Parts. Also 525/- Off on Reverse Parking Sensor *T&C applied

But as per the Fiat Brochure the dynamic and emotion variant come equipped with factory fitted reverse parking sensor.
Old 13th May 2015, 19:14   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
got a call from fiat for a wiring harness upgrade. looks like a silent recall going on?
When was your car made?
Old 13th May 2015, 19:20   #2637
Senior - BHPian

April 2014. Bought it in June 2014.
Old 13th May 2015, 22:32   #2638
Senior - BHPian

Could you elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Old 14th May 2015, 17:03   #2639
Senior - BHPian

"Dear Customer,
Our records suggest that your fiat linea requires a wiring harness updation for the power outlet socket. The updation will be conducted on may 4th, 5th and 6th by fiat personnel"
Old 19th May 2015, 14:40   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Could you elaborate?
It's an update of power socket and the wiring harness that connects it. It's seemingly prone to short circuits (at least that's what DRS Fiat guys told me) and can knock out the stereo and lighting.

Got mine done last month and took about 1/2 hr.

Last edited by kaushal21fb : 19th May 2015 at 14:41.
kaushal21fb is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks