Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2015, 18:51   #2506
BANNED

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2015 at 11:10.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th February 2015, 18:54   #2507
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

No complaints in either. City though is not really meant for high speeds(as compared to a linea)
Linea is definitely better.
Inside it feels like a vault.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2015 at 11:11. Reason: Quoted post deleted
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 19:55   #2508
BHPian

I feel sad to see so many people baulking at buying the t-jet. I bought one used and for the amount I spent it's the best VFM I can think of.

high speed poise, in cabin noise, stability are comparable to a skoda laura (and steering feel is better than a laura). a honda city feels tinny in comparison.

Of course, you lose 1-1.5 kmpl - but for that you get a far more sophisticated car - I think fiat's service is almost as good as honda's - since they sell very few, I found them very motivated to take care of small issues.
varadha_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 22:20   #2509
BHPian

totally second Varadha here -
It's been over a year for us. I love the drive and always find something or the other that i can adore or feel good about it. Design-wise - Linea is a league in itself. You can mark it - you will never grow out of it for its appeal and design factors. Its an evergreener!
ANHC is indeed not for high speeds - that too at 160. And i never liked its light-weighted steering. If you trailed this thread enough - you would have already got few convincing answers.
And the AS has been a pleasant experience so far.

With the AC on and music set to 6 of the 30, you are well on your way cruising. Change the stocks to Yoko DB 550 and you got a nice stanced look-up!

andyonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 22:51   #2510
BANNED

Note from Support: Please check grammar & run a spell-check before posting. Thanks!

Guys, don't get me wrong i really want to put our money on T-JET after going through many ownership reviews.For the middle-class, putting in nearly 9lacs is a sort of depreciating investment. 9lacs and just trying to get head and heart meet. While the car will be bought for ownership of upto 10 years resale is least of concern.

And now owing to pathetic sales experience from Tuli Fiat we feel frightened about what will happen post sales, as overall feel is dealership is least bothered. Fuel economy is a driving factor but 10% difference is not bothersome. Will try to go to temple for prayer that I get the test ride vehicle and then, I guess, Kashyap tomorrow .

Also one more query compared to stock new Honda City, how good is the low beam and high beam .

Appreciate the response to my queries .
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th February 2015 at 00:21. Reason: Post edited. See note.
Old 10th February 2015, 23:23   #2511
Team-BHP Support

Going by ownership reports- the stock headlamps on the 4th generation City is really poor. And if you see the last few posts of the below thread, even bulb upgrade don't seem to be helping much.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-anymore.html

Old 10th February 2015, 23:24   #2512
BHPian

The cabin of Linea is quite well insulated, and the engine is also extremely refined. The tyre noise from stock Goodyears is quite high but that's the case with most OEMs. Changing it when the car is new will be a good idea.

Wind noise is prominent due to the design of wing-mirrors. I don't find the AC blower too loud and the ACC does its job quite well in Delhi summers.

If you are considering Linea T-jet, then consider it for the amazing engine, superior ride and handling, and safety (perceived due to the built quality). It's meant for someone that enjoys highway trips, has the patience to deal with FASS (they aren't bad but one has to be persistent to get work done), and crazily loves the car. It's not your fill it, shut it, and forget it type of car. If you need that then you should head towards the Japanese stable.

I am in the same region as you and have tried a few dealers in the Area. My experience with the car and dealers (both the positives and negatives) is documented in my ownership review. Just check if it helps you.

Cheers,
Biraj
Biraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 13:49   #2513
BHPian

Just back from a short trip to Istanbul. Felt nice to see a whole lot of Linea on the streets there - a random sampling would indicate one out of every 15 cars was a Linea, by far the highest on the streets of Istanbul [perhaps a reflection of Fiat having a manufacturing unit there]. On the flip side, however, most of these were the yellow taxis - about one in six. Coming back to my struggles with purchasing the Tjet Emotion here in Mumbai, it seems to have become a real test of patience. There are some issues at the RTOs in Mumbai is what I am told by the dealer Esskay Motors. Apparently, RTO in Andheri has stopped accepting registration of cars through agents and owners have to be personally present to expedite the registration of their new cars!!! Is the Tjet worth so much waiting - I booked the car on Dec 14 and no signs of delivery as yet. I am really wondering if the process of purchasing a Fiat is so mediocre, what would ASS be like!!!
Old 11th February 2015, 13:59   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiaashish View Post
There are some issues at the RTOs in Mumbai is what I am told by the dealer Esskay Motors. Apparently, RTO in Andheri has stopped accepting registration of cars through agents and owners have to be personally present to expedite the registration of their new cars!!! Is the Tjet worth so much waiting - I booked the car on Dec 14 and no signs of delivery as yet. I am really wondering if the process of purchasing a Fiat is so mediocre, what would ASS be like!!!
RTO issues are evident everywhere- from what I've seen. Pretty common. Go to the RTO and do it. M 'fraid- But that is the only way.

Meantime- Go to Honda- and ask about the City i-VTEC's registration issues- if any. The T-Jet is an excellent car- no denying that.

BUT- If they're holding up you like this, I'm sorry FIAT, I'd rather go for Honda. And the famed i-VTEC (aka VTEC! )
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 14:41   #2515
BHPian

trust in thrust - why don't you buy a used t-jet - at a good price (2/3rds of what a honda city would cost).

Get an extended warranty and you are good to go - for the price of a wagon R, you get a skoda laura level handing and comfort.

Think about it - if you like the new car smell, buy a formula 1 cleaner with new car smell - it costs Rs. 160 and make it good as good as new
Old 11th February 2015, 17:00   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varadha_r View Post
trust in thrust - why don't you buy a used t-jet - at a good price (2/3rds of what a honda city would cost).

Get an extended warranty and you are good to go - for the price of a wagon R, you get a skoda laura level handing and comfort.

Think about it - if you like the new car smell, buy a formula 1 cleaner with new car smell - it costs Rs. 160 and make it good as good as new
Very true. I purchased a Linea TJet+ for 5 lakhs during end 2013 (2011 manufactured one with 18000 km on the odo in immaculate condition shod with Michelin tires) and it has been absolutely great for highway usage. Buying a used one also helps you to minimize your losses when you sell it going forward.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 20:37   #2517
Senior - BHPian

With reference to the previous posts comparing the T-Jet to the Honda City, isn't the T-Jet more expensive to maintain ? Spares for the T-Jet were significantly more expensive compared to the 1.4 NA Linea when the latter was in production.
Old 11th February 2015, 21:04   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
With reference to the previous posts comparing the T-Jet to the Honda City, isn't the T-Jet more expensive to maintain ? Spares for the T-Jet were significantly more expensive compared to the 1.4 NA Linea when the latter was in production.
Yes, that's because some of the parts are imported from Brazil or Turkey. e.g. Brake pads are Rs. 6K for a set (front or rear), disc are also around Rs. 6K for a set, spark-plugs are ~Rs. 800/plug but they are iridium plugs. If you consider a regular service i.e. oils, filters, etc. then the cost isn't high. A regular service costs around 6-7K, which isn't bad.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 11:49   #2519
BHPian

The dealer is encoraging me to take the delivery of the linea with a temporary registration citing the delays at andheri RTO.he says you can drive with that and he will give a bunch of signed and stamped forms (form 19 or 20, my memory betrays me) which I have to fill everyday. He says once they get the registration number they would fix the number plate. This was what was told by the President of esskay Motors. A junior colleague if his mentioned that I will have to take the vehicle to RTO for inspection. Friends is it advisable to take delivery with such temp stuff and confusion or should I wait till all registration formalities are done. Given the unrest in Mumbai RTOs the dealer says he can't commit any time. Please advise.
Old 26th February 2015, 12:15   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiaashish View Post
The dealer is encoraging me to take the delivery of the linea with a temporary registration .... Friends is it advisable to take delivery with such temp stuff
I would advise against it. The dealer is pushing you just to meet his quota for the month end. If you do not require the car asap - just wait it out.
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks