Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2014, 15:16   #2446
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I am aware that fiat is offering 2L discount on previous gen linea.
Can you pls post a pic of email since 2L is mouth watering discount on new linea.
Here you go.
New Linea is clearly mentioned on the offer.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Fiat Dec14 Offer.bmp (750.1 KB, 626 views)
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 15:28   #2447
BHPian

Missed the exchange bonus offer by *that* much. Picked up my Tuscan Wine beauty on Saturday!

Go for the free insurance, and pay the difference for Zero-Dep !

Also, I managed to get an invoice with the discounts shown on the ex-showroom price - I had paid the ex showroom amount only, and they had to issue discounts on the same .
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20141215_150736.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20141215_1507551.jpg  

tarunactivity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 16:29   #2448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunactivity View Post
Missed the exchange bonus offer by *that* much. Picked up my Tuscan Wine beauty on Saturday!

Go for the free insurance, and pay the difference for Zero-Dep !

Also, I managed to get an invoice with the discounts shown on the ex-showroom price - I had paid the ex showroom amount only, and they had to issue discounts on the same .
Congrats Tarun. Please post a few pics.

Did you register car by yourself? Usually they do not agree for reducing ex-showroom price is what i thought. Good that you were able to save few thousands in road tax amount.

What is On-road cost for you Tjet?
Old 15th December 2014, 18:23   #2449
BHPian

Congrats @tarunactivity. How much did you eventually pay and what was the total discount offered? I could manage 75K for Tjet (free zero dep insurance - about 35K, cash discount - 10 K and 30K Exchange (only supporting documents and no physical transfer of vehicle to them). In addition they are providing 3 accessories complementary - Mat, Mud Flap and body Cover (Fiat Genuine Accessories, approx 4K). Based on your inputs I would take a call if there is room for further negotiation!!
Old 16th December 2014, 01:16   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiaashish View Post
How much did you eventually pay and what was the total discount offered? I could manage 75K for Tjet (free zero dep insurance - about 35K, cash discount - 10 K and 30K Exchange (only supporting documents and no physical transfer of vehicle to them). In addition they are providing 3 accessories complementary - Mat, Mud Flap and body Cover (Fiat Genuine Accessories, approx 4K). Based on your inputs I would take a call if there is room for further negotiation!!
That seems like a handsome discount there! Are you sure they offer a zero dep plan? I decided to go with an online quote from Future Generali, since they were not sure whether insurance would be free or not.

They invoice shows total amount as 42,000/- less than the actual ex showroom price ( so the actual discount is about 33k , and the rest is saved on VAT ) . They had also offered RSA and the standard fittings free ( car mats , and the mud flaps ).

There was no ;loyalty / exchange bonus unless there was an actual exchange involved.

All in all these discounts seem to be the icing on the cake .

Quote:
Congrats Tarun. Please post a few pics.

Did you register car by yourself? Usually they do not agree for reducing ex-showroom price is what i thought. Good that you were able to save few thousands in road tax amount.

What is On-road cost for you Tjet?
Thanks @djay99 . I will post pics soon . I did not register the car yet, but have taken it on a temporary registration . I am planning to register in 2015, but feel this will be a very uphill battle .

From what I read, the road tax is calculated on the manufacturers price -or- the invoice price(inclusive of taxes) . So , this will turn out to be a pretty interesting conversation when the nice folks at the RTO demand that I pay 15.54% of how much their price list shows.

OT - Is the road tax amount shown anywhere as 15.54%? I could only see it specified as 14% .

The on road cost should be somewhere in the vicinity of 8.75L + 1.4L + 33k ( RTI/RSA/Zero dep Insurance + Extended warranty ) .
Old 16th December 2014, 11:06   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
So paid the booking amount of 50K.
Many congratulations.
Good to see you finally did what your heart wanted despite mouth watering deal you could have got on other option.

Quote:
Hope I made the right choice.
Decisions taken from heart seldom go wrong, so stop thinking about all this & enjoy your ride.
Old 16th December 2014, 12:04   #2452
BHPian

Quote:

From what I read, the road tax is calculated on the manufacturers price -or- the invoice price(inclusive of taxes) . So , this will turn out to be a pretty interesting conversation when the nice folks at the RTO demand that I pay 15.54% of how much their price list shows.
Nopes buddy, it doesn't work that way!
The RTO guys don't go by your invoicing value. They go by a list which, is updated at routine intervals by the RTO guys with the maunfacturers/dealers on the ex-shpwroom price.

For ex- If you win a car say in a luck draw, you still pay LTT on ex-showroom. Logically, as the invoicing value to you is zero, so it should mean no LTT but, it you still need to pay. Now a days even for consumer sales online/store you will notice that the VAT is charged on the original MRP even if the product is carrying a discount.

Cheers

PS - I know this coz couple of years ago, bought a Punto MJD from Gurgaon and got it registered in Blr RTO. The discount was big but, LTT was on the ex-showroom price prevailing in BLR
Old 16th December 2014, 12:53   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Nopes buddy, it doesn't work that way!
The RTO guys don't go by your invoicing value. They go by a list which, is updated at routine intervals by the RTO guys with the maunfacturers/dealers on the ex-shpwroom price.

Cheers

PS - I know this coz couple of years ago, bought a Punto MJD from Gurgaon and got it registered in Blr RTO. The discount was big but, LTT was on the ex-showroom price prevailing in BLR
Thanks . That example makes perfect sense. Even if we get a car for free we would have to pay the prevailing rate for the road tax . Looks like I can safely put my worries to rest and pay the entire road tax amount .

Any idea on where the 15.54% is mentioned? All documents on the RTO website shows the amount as 14%

http://rto.kar.nic.in/KMV%20Taxation...edule-2014.pdf
Old 16th December 2014, 13:15   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats @tarunactivity. How much did you eventually pay and what was the total discount offered? I could manage 75K for Tjet (free zero dep insurance - about 35K, cash discount - 10 K and 30K Exchange (only supporting documents and no physical transfer of vehicle to them). In addition they are providing 3 accessories complementary - Mat, Mud Flap and body Cover (Fiat Genuine Accessories, approx 4K). Based on your inputs I would take a call if there is room for further negotiation!!
Yes, indeed ! That's exactly the discount offered on the T-jet before Dec 31st, makes it a good deal to buy as the total cost on the road would be just around rs 10 lacs for a super machine as that.
For anyone wanting a 1.3 MJD classic ( pre 2014 launch) the discount is a whopping 2 lacs.
This should see some semblance of movement across Fiat showrooms. Sad..but true !
Old 16th December 2014, 13:20   #2455
BHPian

Quote:

Any idea on where the 15.54% is mentioned? All documents on the RTO website shows the amount as 14%

Well, I remember the tax amount being 14.5 % in Kar for vehicles having an ex-showroom of less than 10 lakhs and 18.5 % for 10.1 lakhs to 20 lakhs.

The best way to find out, visit the RTO and approach the helpdesk. If they don't provide info/help just walk into the cabin of the chief inspector, things/people always fall in place after that.

Cheers

PS - Again, this has been my personal experience in 2 BLR RTO's
Old 16th December 2014, 14:10   #2456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Road tax is 14% for upto 10L ex-showroom.
An additional Cess of 10% is applicable on 14% component.
SHE Cess of 10% is applicable on Cess.
Hence 14 (Base tax) +1.4 (Cess) +.14 (SHE Cess) makes it 15.54%.

SHE means Secondary Higher Education Cess.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 14:15   #2457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Well, I remember the tax amount being 14.5 % in Kar for vehicles having an ex-showroom of less than 10 lakhs and 18.5 % for 10.1 lakhs to 20 lakhs.
Quote:

Congrats on the T-Jet

The road tax is indeed 14%, but there is a 10% cess over that, so it effectively becomes 15.4% !
Old 19th December 2014, 17:19   #2458
Senior - BHPian

Vecto Motors Bangalore has offered me 75000 discount on a Tjet emotion bringing down on-road cost to 10.32L. This price includes extended warranty. They have asked me to visit their showroom for even better price and indicated that prices would increase from January 2015 because of an increase in excise duty (which i am doubtful).

I am planning to avail a test ride tomorrow or on Sunday.

Confused between this and Vento TSI (CL). One offers convenience of AT which is very much essential these days in city drives while other offers solid package with lot of features (when compared to vento comfortline).
Vento TSI Comfortline costs 11.8L and Highline costs 12.8L OTR bangalore.

I will be able to save over 1.5L by opting Linea Tjet Emotion (over vento tsi cl).
Having purchased a million rupee bike recently, investing another million on a car is making me feel a bit nervous

Last edited by djay99 : 19th December 2014 at 17:21.
Old 22nd December 2014, 20:00   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Vecto Motors Bangalore has offered me 75000 discount on a Tjet emotion bringing down on-road cost to 10.32L. This price includes extended warranty.
@Djay99 , how did the Test drive go ? I tried haggling with KHT to give me extended warranty for free too !

I had run about ~100 km in town and the "average speed" on the MID shows 15 km/h!

I did an airport run to stretch my heels. The SE had set the speed limiter beep at 90 . It was all clear roads, and every time I overtook someone, the beep kicked in ( Why oh why ! )

Managed to test out cruise control as well - This needs some getting used to. I was cruising at 80 , in 5th at ~1800 rpm but the engine (or me ) sounded a little strained .

On the way back , I happened to see another Tuscan Wine T-Jet owned by a BHPian ( ISB alumni! )

So far, the only issue is moving from a standstill - a slight dab on the accelerator to get the tacho to ~1200 rpm, and then all is well. However, this feels far more pronounced when trying to negotiate cramped ramps in malls / hotel parking lots.

"Race horses are not meant to be cooped up in stables" !

After 200km , The "H" on the odo has disappeared too - Something the SA tried to tell me - Sir , we do not reset the odo "H" . If you reset that , it means the engine has been reset ,and your car will lose its value .
tarunactivity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:36   #2460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Djay99 , how did the Test drive go ? I tried haggling with KHT to give me extended warranty for free too !
I was unable to avail test ride as i was tied up with some personal work.
Planning to drive it on christmas day.

Quote:
I had run about ~100 km in town and the "average speed" on the MID shows 15 km/h!
What is the FE you are getting in city drives?

Quote:
I did an airport run to stretch my heels. The SE had set the speed limiter beep at 90 . It was all clear roads, and every time I overtook someone, the beep kicked in ( Why oh why ! )
I hope you are following run-in instructions. Please follow for atleast 1K KM.

Quote:
Managed to test out cruise control as well - This needs some getting used to. I was cruising at 80 , in 5th at ~1800 rpm but the engine (or me ) sounded a little strained .
Cruise control is a cool feature and will reduce stress on long drives. I would have wished to have button on steering unit (like city/fiesta).
I have used CC extensively in Audi A4 i used to drive on irish roads. Its fun even in a manual transmission car.

Quote:
So far, the only issue is moving from a standstill - a slight dab on the accelerator to get the tacho to ~1200 rpm, and then all is well. However, this feels far more pronounced when trying to negotiate cramped ramps in malls / hotel parking lots.
I guess this dab is required since its turbocharged+heavy.
I need not press accelerator pedal in my getz crdi when crawling in b2b traffic.

Could you post few pics of your car. I guess tyres are Good Year NCT5. How are they?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks