Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 23:10   #1696
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Naresh, what version of the Blue & ME is required to make this work?

Just installed Ecodrive on my PC. What country and car do I select? I have a 2013 T-Jet Emotion.

TIA.
I recall upgrading blue&me to the latest firmware before I set up ecoDrive. From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
yeah you have to update blue and me to 5.5 version and then download the software. [...]
I think Turkey is the popular choice here (because it has a lot of car options; didn't know this when I chose UK myself).
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 09:56   #1697
Senior - BHPian

I dont think there will be a difference between 2012 and 2013 when it comes to the mats. Nothing new has been done in that area to require a new set of 3D mats to be made , just go and see how the older ones fit and if to your liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post

By the way, can anybody suggest where to get 3D Kagu Maxpider mats for the 2013 TJET? I tried contacting Hot Tracks Bangalore but they said they do not have the mats for the 2013 model.

I do not want to ruin the stock mats in this monsoon.
Old 20th August 2013, 12:00   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I dont think there will be a difference between 2012 and 2013 when it comes to the mats. Nothing new has been done in that area to require a new set of 3D mats to be made , just go and see how the older ones fit and if to your liking.
I thought the same. Actually I am from Raipur and Hot Tracks is in Bangalore. There is no way for me to go and check physically with them. In the first email that I received from them, they said that they do not have a compatible mat for the 2013 model. I have emailed them again today and asked for a confirmation.

If any BHPian from Bangalore can confirm the same, it would be of great help.

Last edited by maverick145 : 20th August 2013 at 12:01.
Old 20th August 2013, 12:10   #1699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I thought the same. Actually I am from Raipur and Hot Tracks is in Bangalore. There is no way for me to go and check physically with them. In the first email that I received from them, they said that they do not have a compatible mat for the 2013 model. I have emailed them again today and asked for a confirmation.

If any BHPian from Bangalore can confirm the same, it would be of great help.
Floor mat area remains the same in the facelifted T-Jet. It is just the color which has been changed on the bottom plastic panels and factory carpets, from black to beige. So the 3D Kagus of any Linea/Punto should be compatible with the facelifted T-Jet.

Go ahead and pickup 3D Maxpider mats for the Linea from any accessory store near you. HotTracks is just another accessory store who sells 3D Kagus apart from many other products, he is not any exclusive 3D mats dealer or anything like that. No reason to stick to his store considering you live quite far off.

Alternatively, you can even order it from a vendor on eBay who will ship the mats to your doorstep. These should all fit your T-Jet perfectly. Here are a couple of links in case it is helpful to you:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-3D-MATS-F...item3cd449bed4

http://www.ebay.in/itm/3D-Car-Foot-M...item2c71d13920

Last edited by KarthikK : 20th August 2013 at 12:13.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 12:38   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Floor mat area remains the same in the facelifted T-Jet. It is just the color which has been changed on the bottom plastic panels and factory carpets, from black to beige. So the 3D Kagus of any Linea/Punto should be compatible with the facelifted T-Jet.

Go ahead and pickup 3D Maxpider mats for the Linea from any accessory store near you. HotTracks is just another accessory store who sells 3D Kagus apart from many other products, he is not any exclusive 3D mats dealer or anything like that. No reason to stick to his store considering you live quite far off.

Alternatively, you can even order it from a vendor on eBay who will ship the mats to your doorstep. These should all fit your T-Jet perfectly. Here are a couple of links in case it is helpful to you:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-3D-MATS-F...item3cd449bed4

http://www.ebay.in/itm/3D-Car-Foot-M...item2c71d13920
I just got the following reply from them :

Quote:
Dear Sir,

We have tried these mats in new Linea. They are fitting and we find huge gaps in rear row. Sorry that we don’t have the custom fit mats as of now for Linea.

Warm regards,

S.R.Pavan | National Sales Manager | Hot Tracks
I also came across these links :

http://www.homeshop18.com/maxpider-k...3121/cid:14807

http://www.carlounz.com/index.php/3d...ider-kagu.html

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/3d-m...u-beige/592378

I am worried if I order the mats and they do not fit.
Old 20th August 2013, 13:31   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
Its my wife's decision to opt for a sedan as she wants it to be an 'upgrade' from Zen. That leaves me no choice but to look at least for a fun to drive sedan and TJet seems to fit the bill.
Not trying to discourage you from buying a T Jet. If driving enjoyment comes first over anything else, there is absolutely nothing that betters the Fiat.

Though another hatch back, the VW GT is a massive upgrade over your Zen.
Old 20th August 2013, 17:47   #1702
BHPian

What are the mileages the Tjet owners are getting in city traffic ( best /worst) & highway driving ( best /worst) ?
I know driving styles matter a lot..but still general guidance would be helpful..
Old 20th August 2013, 23:52   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
What are the mileages the Tjet owners are getting in city traffic ( best /worst) & highway driving ( best /worst) ?
I know driving styles matter a lot..but still general guidance would be helpful..
I have had one for a little over 1 year and done 16k kms over this time. In city I have consistently got 10.X kms with AC 100% of the time. If it is bumper to bumper, then I would get about 9 but that is in absolutely horrible traffic conditions.

On the highway, If I drive with a really heavy right foot, I get about 11-12 kmpl. I have also got 18 kmpl on the hyd-blr highway driving between 90-110 with no sudden accelerating or braking. hope this helps
ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 00:48   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

Not trying to discourage you from buying a T Jet. If driving enjoyment comes first over anything else, there is absolutely nothing that betters the Fiat.

Though another hatch back, the VW GT is a massive upgrade over your Zen.
What you say is right, but my family were quite particular about picking up a sedan for the space it offers & also serves many a purpose. So then i felt i shouldn't be bothering much if a car is hatch or sedan as long as its thrilling to drive and offered a good ride
Old 21st August 2013, 09:54   #1705
Senior - BHPian

City
the best i have managed to get is about 12.6 on a drive from Delhi to Gurgaon reasonably late at night , after seeing your post this morning i made another attempt to see how much i could squeeze out of her and i ended up with 11.3 by the time i parked

In order to get 11.3 i changed gears at 1500 RPM , did not take the car over 6 KMPH and was coasting on gears as well from time to time. My drive is about 9 Kms , there are 3 points for a jam and where the car runs in 2nd gear only , there are 5 traffic lights, each of about 30 seconds ( i got 3 greens today) , traffic was light - medium and in some case the road was exceptionally bad.

I dont think not having the AC on is going to make much of a difference , maybe things are a little easier post the first service but will need to wait and see.

The worst i have got is in the region of 7 Kmpl , but that's when its taken me upwards of 45 minutes to do 9 KMS.

Highway
On the highway i have not really taken note when i drove up this time , but at one point when i did look i was at about 14.2 - and i was driving aggressively. I doubt however that this would have been the reading by the time i got home and covered an additional 110 KMs of hills , probably closer to 11 or so in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
puchoo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 10:23   #1706
BHPian

I've done under 300KM, and have never crossed about 7.7 kmpl. All of this has been in bad city traffic.

I hope to heck it improves. Or I'll need to take up a second job to feed this hungry beast. Putting the MID display on instantaneous comsuption is very informative. The accelerator has to literally be feather-touched, quite difficult to do for me. I have also been a safe but aggressive driver, and this is bad the the T-Jet.

Just haven;t been able to take her out on a long drive yet.
TheTeacher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 23:41   #1707
BHPian

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket off the shelf air filter on the T-Jet yet?
Old 22nd August 2013, 00:29   #1708
BHPian

I just purchased a pre-worshipped TJet plus and am enjoying every bit of it.

I was driving a Swift LDi (still have it as my second car) over the past 5 years. Though it didn't give me any trouble at all after running 50000+ KM, I was feeling unsafe in it while traveling on the highways and its ride quality wasn't great either. I was searching for a comfortable, safe and powerful car with reasonable spare/service costs. My search started ages ago - prior to the introduction of XUV5OO. I tried various cars/SUVs across the range - Rapid, Ecosport, Linea 1.3 MJD, XUV5OO and Duster. But I couldn't come to a conclusion and was finally waiting for the new Octavia - though I wasn't very confident about Skoda's after sales support.

After reading the reviews about TJet, I was kind of interested in it but I wasn't sure if it made any financial sense to purchase a new petrol sedan (knowing that I won't be able to sell it for a decent value after a few years). I was using Siena 1.6 petrol earlier (bought it from the used market) and I did like its solidity. So, I was kind of inclined towards Fiat but had decided to either buy a new diesel car/SUV or a used petrol car (to minimize the depreciation losses). Since my usage isn't more than 1000 km a month, I was okay with either of them.

Fortunately, I came across a 2011 Linea TJet+ - sun beam biege color with less than 19000 km on the odo. I took a test drive and I instantly liked the car. The owner quoted 5.75 lakhs and I could bring it down to 5 lakhs, which I feel is a good price for a well kept car. I could access the full service history of the car and couldn't find any problems. The car was cosmetically great too. The owner had changed the tyres to Michelin Energy a year back and there has been no other modifications. I finalized the deal and took the delivery yesterday.

I must tell that I am thoroughly impressed with the car. At 5 lakhs, I couldn't imagine a better buy. Though I had a budget of more than 15 lakhs, I am pretty sure that I am going to be a lot happy with this purchase as it makes a lot of sense financially and psychologically.

Interesting fact is that I was planning to use the Linea TJet for highway trips and to keep the Swift for office/city runs. After driving the Linea TJet for some time, I immediately decided to drop that plan and I have decided to use Linea full time. I feel a lot fresher after every single drive in TJet compared to my Swift - probably because of the better comfort level. I haven't touched my Swift since yesterday and I highly doubt if I will use it unless it is absolutely necessary.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 22nd August 2013 at 00:32.
ece2k2 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 00:44   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogidada View Post
Has anyone fitted an aftermarket off the shelf air filter on the T-Jet yet?
I've fit a BMC replacement air filter. I recall there being a slight improvement in the throttle response.

But after a few weeks, I've observed that post a cold start, the RPM needle is hovering ("rev hanging"?) at 1.2k RPM for a few min before it settles down to 850-ish (the normal?) RPM. I don't know if the replacement air filter is to blame. Will be getting this diagnosed when I go for my second service by this month end.
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 02:10   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Cold start will entail a higher RPM for the initial minute or two to enable the engine to warm up and then settle down to normal idle hence the 1200 RPM and then 850. This is normal for any car and not a cause for worry.

Could you share the BMC filter part no and source etc, I would like to try it out. I have used a Cosworth CAI system in my Swift zxi and have installed a K&N typhoon kit in my Cedia last week. It has definitely improved the low gear response in the Mitsubishi. I would like to try out the BMC in the Jet to see what difference it makes to the vehicle's running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
I've fit a BMC replacement air filter. I recall there being a slight improvement in the throttle response.

But after a few weeks, I've observed that post a cold start, the RPM needle is hovering ("rev hanging"?) at 1.2k RPM for a few min before it settles down to 850-ish (the normal?) RPM. I don't know if the replacement air filter is to blame. Will be getting this diagnosed when I go for my second service by this month end.

On the fuel consumption front my Jet does around 10 in the city, worst has been 7 odd, all with 100% ac. Out on the highway the best is 14+ and this with the car doing triple digit speeds most of the time (8 am in the morning up to 11 pm, of course with meal and FIFO breaks) this with the ac on all the time and two adults on board. This is almost the same as what our Aveo equipped with the 1.6L GM engine used to give. In comparison my 2.0 liter equipped Mitsubishi gives a constant 10 odd in the city (irrespective of traffic conditions + ac) and 12 kmpl give or take a shade on either side, out on the highway irrespective of load, road/traffic conditions again with ac on. I will find out shortly what effect does the K&N has if any on the Mitsubishi's appetite.
khoj is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks