Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 14:15   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Very very true and a sound observation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I have come to realize that this is one of the few petrol powered cars whose real World fuel efficiency (under normal traffic conditions and more so out on the highway) i
Old 17th September 2013, 15:47   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post

The pricing wasn't for the Active variant- it was of a higher trim level with metallic color (Emotion, is it?) was 9 lacs something OTR, dropped to 8 lacs after a 1 lac discount.
Premium colours costed extra earlier for all versions but I am not sure about it now. All colours can be ordered on all trim levels. So you cannot differentiate active from emotion based on just colour. You can identify emotion by spotting the chrome treatment all over.
Old 17th September 2013, 16:01   #1833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
As for the long turning radius, comparable cars (size wise) such as the Corolla and in fact quite a few that are short on the wheel base such as the Vento, Rapid, SX4 etc have similar turning radii 5.5mts for the Linea and Corolla and 5.3 meters for the Vento, Rapid & the SX4. I fathom Linea is as difficult or as easy as any of the others to drive.
Turning radius in 2013 Linea Tjet is 5.4 Metres. It was 5.55 Metres in earlier models.
I drove 2013 Tjet a couple of times on narrow bangalore roads and was able to comfortable take U turns. Not a deal breaker IMO.
Your points are very true khoj .
Some guys just want to bash Fiat without owning or even test driving one.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 20:14   #1834
BHPian

Test drove the T-Jet on Saturday. The acceleration is orgasmic!

Booked the T-Jet today. Oceanic Blue. Looks sexy!

Expected Delivery is 20 days! Keeping my fingers crossed
JayKis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 23:12   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Test drove the T-Jet on Saturday. The acceleration is orgasmic!

Booked the T-Jet today. Oceanic Blue. Looks sexy!

Expected Delivery is 20 days! Keeping my fingers crossed
Congrats for booking the real jet.
I cannot resist by seeing so many bookings of tjet. I couldn't get one as it was pretty pricey in 2011, instead I settled for mjet. Looking forward for your delivery experience and do post some photos as soon as it arrives.
Old 17th September 2013, 23:42   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post
+ Stupid fast. Can reach triple digit speeds real quick. Linear, forceful and extremely refined power delivery.

+ Oodles of torque. Was pushed back into the seat multiple times. Something I miss in our Honda City iVtec.
Any idea what the quoted/tested 0-100 kph time is ??
Old 18th September 2013, 00:49   #1837
BHPian

My oceanic blue Linea Tjet got delivered in August.When I opened engine bay I am seeing these wires exposed( circled in red).Is this exposed wires requires urgent attention. kindly help.I am attaching picture below.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20130830_083144.jpg  

Old 18th September 2013, 11:43   #1838
Senior - BHPian

The required information has been posted by Arkesh, see his post quoted below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
Performance specs of both polo tsi a/t as per a leading automobile magazine is as follows:
0 to 100 for polo is 11.34 secs
0 to 100 for linea tjet is 11.05 secs.
Hence I don't thing linea will lag behind with polo's dust.
Not that I don't like polo but I would appreciate if you had a reliable source for reference.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 12:30   #1839
BHPian

How are Apollo Accelers for the T-Jet? My car would come with the same.

Anyone has future generali insurance on the t-jet? My dealer is giving me free insurance which i would like to upgrade to a zero dep. Checked the future generali website and unfortunately they dont have a link for a brand new motor vehicle insurance quote unlike bharti axa or tata aig.
Old 18th September 2013, 12:42   #1840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
As per Autocar India -
1. 0- 100 - Polo GT TSI is 10.91 Secs
2. 0-100 - Fiat linea Tjet (2010) is 11.05 secs.
Old 18th September 2013, 13:39   #1841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
Performance specs of both polo tsi a/t as per a leading automobile magazine is as follows:
0 to 100 for polo is 11.34 secs
0 to 100 for linea tjet is 11.05 secs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
As per Autocar India -
1. 0- 100 - Polo GT TSI is 10.91 Secs
2. 0-100 - Fiat linea Tjet (2010) is 11.05 secs.
Well, first of all both sets of figures suggest that the Tjet and the Polo TSI are pretty closely matched. But there is something odd about the figures.

Normally, you would expect the times for a manual gearbox equipped car to vary a bit here and there, depending on how the driver changes gears. While with an auto box, the times would be more closely matched.

But here, the two magazines are quoting the same time for the Tjet, down to a 0.01 of a sec, while there is a difference of 0.43sec between the times for the TSI.
Old 18th September 2013, 14:23   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post

Well, first of all both sets of figures suggest that the Tjet and the Polo TSI are pretty closely matched. But there is something odd about the figures.

Normally, you would expect the times for a manual gearbox equipped car to vary a bit here and there, depending on how the driver changes gears. While with an auto box, the times would be more closely matched.

But here, the two magazines are quoting the same time for the Tjet, down to a 0.01 of a sec, while there is a difference of 0.43sec between the times for the TSI.
I too have referred autocar august 2013 issue which mentioned the figures.
A recent comparo on 4th September between polo tsi and ecosport 1.5AT on autocar website mentions 10.91 secs for the polo.
So the latest figures as per autocar is:
0-60 kph polo tsi-4.92secs, linea tjet-4.47secs
0-100 kph polo tsi-10.91secs, linea tjet- 11.05secs
(Reference- Aug 2013 issue for tjet and the Sept comparo for polo tsi)
Arkesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 16:50   #1843
Senior - BHPian

The biggest problem with the Linea is weight. 113Bhp is not enough for it to be a hot shot in 0-100 timings. The GT is perfect when it comes to power to weight ratio. It also benefits from a wonderful gearbox. Its the best in the business. It is going to take a really good driver behind a manual gearbox equipped car to beat the GT. I wish we had more cars with a quick shifting twin clutch gearbox. Ford's Power Shift does not cut it. For now, the best in the business is VW's DSG auto boxes.

More than 0-100 timings, its the drive quality that I felt superior on the Fiat Linea T Jet. Its a perfect balance of power and quite possibly the best chassis and suspension set up in its segment. The steering is precise and full of feedback. The anchors are fantastic. The cars ride remains flat as you build up speed. You want to drive a T Jet fast not because of the engine, it is about how you feel inside the car and the way the car behaves at speed. Its incredible. I also believe some of the excess weight is what contributes to the cars brilliant ride and handling.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 18th September 2013 at 16:51.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 19:11   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post

Humble submission please drive the linea tjet extensively to know its prowess
Yes i have driven both and polo tsi is no match against the Fiat in question
To add here no car below 12 lakhs can match linea tjet and the only one above would be the laura tsi
Lets be fair
As a complete car, I tend to agree with you - braking ,handling is way above the polo tsi which has almost a hyundai like steering feel to it. However, the Tsi in sport mode will outaccelerate the Tjet each and every time, check the 20-80 kickdown timings for that.

No bias against Fiat here - my first new car was a Palio 1.6 .....but VW has moved the game forward.
Old 18th September 2013, 19:18   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
My oceanic blue Linea Tjet got delivered in August.When I opened engine bay I am seeing these wires exposed( circled in red).Is this exposed wires requires urgent attention. kindly help.I am attaching picture below.
Frozen, I think it is best to take it to a Fiat Authorized Service Station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
How are Apollo Accelers for the T-Jet? My car would come with the same.

Anyone has future generali insurance on the t-jet? My dealer is giving me free insurance which i would like to upgrade to a zero dep. Checked the future generali website and unfortunately they dont have a link for a brand new motor vehicle insurance quote unlike bharti axa or tata aig.
Apollo Acceleres are supposed to be much better than the Goodyear NCT5 tyres my T-Jet came with. Please read up on the relevant threads in the Tyre & Alloy wheel Section. I drove from the dealership straight to the tyre shop and swapped the NCTs for Pirelli P7s.

Fiat has a tie-up with Future Generali (which itself is a joint venture between the Future Group {BigBazaar} and Generali of Italy). The free insurance will be offered only through FG; I asked the dealer to give equivalent discount so I could get the car insured elsewhere, but was refused. I paid an additional Rs. 6,260 to convert the standard FG policy to a zero dep - what they call bumper-to-bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
More than 0-100 timings, its the drive quality that I felt superior on the Fiat Linea T Jet. Its a perfect balance of power and quite possibly the best chassis and suspension set up in its segment. The steering is precise and full of feedback. The anchors are fantastic. The cars ride remains flat as you build up speed. You want to drive a T Jet fast not because of the engine, it is about how you feel inside the car and the way the car behaves at speed. Its incredible. I also believe some of the excess weight is what contributes to the cars brilliant ride and handling.
Bang on!
TheTeacher is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed