Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 11:23   #1861
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Karthik.
Have noticed this pattern of mixing the offers up periodically and equally doubt if anything exciting will be offered. I have waited on the other side for a good 4 months and these 10 days is now making me impatient. Funny how things can grow on you. : )

Considering that it takes about a month for delivery, am getting tempted to walk-in this weekend and book it. Especially so, as I have a Blr-Rajasthan-Blr trip lined up in Dec (x'mas time) and a possible Blr-Goa-Blr in the same month (first week) and I would like to get used to the car as much before I head out for the long-drive ecstasies.
andyonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 12:36   #1862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

Fiat usually revises offers on the 1st of every month. If you can wait, do so until the 1st of October and watch if there is any change in the current offer scheme. I doubt there will be a drastic difference though. They just play around with interchanging the discounts from one area to another. One month they offer free insurance or RSA, the next month they will give that as cash discount and charge for insurance or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyonwheels View Post
Karthik.
Have noticed this pattern of mixing the offers up periodically and equally doubt if anything exciting will be offered. I have waited on the other side for a good 4 months and these 10 days is now making me impatient. Funny how things can grow on you. : )
Completely second what KarthikK has said about rotating offers but given how close we are to October it might make sense to just hold out for another 2 weeks and see what comes your way in terms of offers - even if stays the same there is no harm but to miss out on something because of a difference of a few days might mean you end up kicking yourself
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 13:51   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
given how close we are to October it might make sense to just hold out for another 2 weeks and see what comes your way in terms of offers - even if stays the same there is no harm but to miss out on something because of a difference of a few days might mean you end up kicking yourself
Makes sense.
Now couple more weeks of loosing sleep...yikes!

Is it common that you start spotting the car on road more often once you have locked on it for a buy? The sheer amount of Linea's I have noticed in these months has been far more than i ever noticed since it launched. haha...
Old 20th September 2013, 15:02   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Is it common that you start spotting the car on road more often once you have locked on it for a buy? The sheer amount of Linea's I have noticed in these months has been far more than i ever noticed since it launched. haha...
Yup. You even start noticing what variant, whether it's petrol or diesel, etc. The Scorpio was on my shortlist (wanted a 4x4 initially) and I even started noticing if it was 2WD or 4WD by looking at the wheel center caps!
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 15:29   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely , you see something you like you see more of it , you see something you did not end up buying same thing.

Quote:
Makes sense.

Old 20th September 2013, 16:48   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Makes sense.

Yes, that is certainly true. In my case I haven't locked on but its still true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
You will get an extended warranty certificate
Fiat usually revises offers on the 1st of every month. If you can wait, do so until the 1st of October and watch if there is any change in the current offer scheme. I doubt there will be a drastic difference though. They just play around with interchanging the discounts from one area to another. One month they offer free insurance or RSA, the next month they will give that as cash discount and charge for insurance or something.
KarthikK, I'm a newbie here and can't PM so is there any way I can contact you regarding the Linea T-Jet?
Old 21st September 2013, 22:41   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
...Turning radius is big and i agree with you on that

Dead Pedal present , picture attached from my review for reference
Thanks for correcting me. As said earlier, I had been really thrilled with the drive and didn't notice that the dead pedal was present. You're lucky to be able to own this beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
As for the long turning radius, comparable cars (size wise) such as the Corolla and in fact quite a few that are short on the wheel base such as the Vento, Rapid, SX4 etc have similar turning radii 5.5mts for the Linea and Corolla and 5.3 meters for the Vento, Rapid & the SX4. I fathom Linea is as difficult or as easy as any of the others to drive.

Further, the turning radius of any vehicle is not the result of it's meaty or skinny tires but is dependent on the vehicle's steering/rack & pinion geometry. Once again just like the comments on A.S.S. it will be best that such comments are based on factual knowledge of which this forum is a treasure trove.
Thanks for enlightening me. I thought that it was primarily wheelbase length that affected turning radius the most and didn't know about the steering/rack & pinion geometry affected the turning the radius. I was under the impression that the latter affected the steering feel and effort. However, do note puchoo's reply agreeing with me on the bigger turning radius and he owns one as opposed to me who just had a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I would like to add to Namit's post above that apart from driving extensively, it would be best if members were to experience FIAT's A.S.S. before hand or at the very least find out regarding actual experiences from FIAT owners rather than posting comments based on hear say.

Whether one likes the car or not is one's own personal take and I have no qualms with that, however callous statements on the A.S.S. such as those being posted on the thread are getting a bit long in the tooth.
Maybe I should have been more clear and should have mentioned these facts on my earlier post. A.S.S. for any manufacturer is heavily dependent on where it is from. A.S.S. for Honda Motorcycles is generally perceived to be good, but in Cochin, except for one Service Center, all the rest were not satisfactory for me (I own a Honda bike). The same applies here.

My close friend had a blue Fiat Sienna diesel and when TVS was in charge of the service. He had a lot of bad experiences with them at Kollam/ Karunagapally. This was echoed by my another friend in Kollam who drove a Palio 1.9 diesel too. Again, the same story with my batchmate in college who used to have a black Palio 1.9. But, these are old stories.

My boss at present owns a white Fiat Punto 90 HP and he has also expressed his dislike at Fiat/Tata's poor A.S.S. in Cochin. I have routinely seen him do his service and repairs from an outside mechanic instead.

Finally, I did not think that I made any callous statements regarding the A.S.S. I just stated what I know based on what I just said above. The T-Jet I test drove was from a new Fiat exclusive dealer in Cochin. Since the dealership is new and I haven't bought any cars from them nor know any people who did, I did mention clearly that ''..it (A.S.S.) remains to be seen how good it can be with an exclusive dealer."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
Premium colours costed extra earlier for all versions but I am not sure about it now. All colours can be ordered on all trim levels. So you cannot differentiate active from emotion based on just colour. You can identify emotion by spotting the chrome treatment all over.
I drove an emotion version- it had alloys, chrome handles, door side rub strakes, etc. I saw different costs for solid colors (I remember seeing hip hop black) and premium metallic colors in the sheet the sales guy had. It was like " Variant Name (soild color) and " Variant name (Premium metallic color)" in different rows with different costs.

Last edited by evilmessiah : 21st September 2013 at 22:45.
Old 22nd September 2013, 11:57   #1868
Senior - BHPian

This problem can easily be checked to confirm if it is a problem or its the settings. The unit has controls for Fader and Left/Right - just tinker with those to see if anything there is what is causing the issue - however , if the front speaker on the same side does have sound then its probably a problem.

Quote:
[*]One of the rear side speakers doesn't seem to be singing. I am not sure whether any audio settings need to be set. But, as per Sathya this is peculiar. I asked them to look into it and fix.
Old 22nd September 2013, 15:23   #1869
BHPian

On a shopping spree for the Jet - (now that its on the horizon..yes!)

Anyone got any mats (3D Kagu and like) other than the one given by the dealer as part of standard fitment? Trying to evaluate the pros - cons behind the actual need of changing them. Is it more for premium-ness or do they have any practicality usage as well?

Also, there are quite a few new owners in recent months here- anyone got a reverse camera hooked in? Any reviews.

Am also looking to know if anyone is using any portable vacuum cleaners. My family (kids included) tend to binge on a lot of junk food on long drives and manage to spill stuff over (this in spite of keeping trash bags).

Any tyre exchange stores in Bangalore? Have planned to go for the Michellin PLC's based on the majority of reviews read here. (Going for the swap purely for its low-noise feedback).
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:05   #1870
BHPian

OT: Guys. Need a little help with my Beige Jet. I have brushed my back bumper twice while reversing it. Any suggestions of good body colored reverse parking sensors or cameras and a good fitter in Delhi NCR, preferably Noida.
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:36   #1871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone got any mats (3D Kagu and like) other than the one given by the dealer as part of standard fitment? Trying to evaluate the pros - cons behind the actual need of changing them. Is it more for premium-ness or do they have any practicality usage as well?
I have 3D Kagu mats in my i20. I'm not very much happy with the quality for that price. It showed signs of tear within six months and now has two huge holes in the driver side mat after 1 year of daily usage. The only reason I haven't thrown them away is due to the superior grip it provides. That's the only advantage. I dont recommend these mats if your car is a daily drive. You can also check the mats from 3M. Fellow BHPian KarthikK has in his T-Jet and Punto. You can ask him for the reviews.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:51   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
I'm using the 3M Nomad mats. Costly, but immensely practical.

Quote:
Any tyre exchange stores in Bangalore? Have planned to go for the Michellin PLC's based on the majority of reviews read here. (Going for the swap purely for its low-noise feedback).
There are several: please check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 21:34   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
I'm using the 3M Nomad mats. Costly, but immensely practical.
I would imagine practicality here refers to the ease in cleaning and maintaing it, right?

Thanks for the views guys on 3D Kagu and 3M Nomad mats. Will look into these as options.

Also, thanks nareshov for the link - completely missed this section of the forums. Seems like lot of useful info can be sourced out from here. Will dig.

OT:
And while my posts are reflecting in here, thought i would ask here -
if anyone can help with these 2 queries (looked into the faqs and could not find an answer)

As a newbie, am keen on creating a 'route info' thread for a roadtrip am planning on. I realize the best way to go about is to 'search' a similar route and then post query in there.

Questions are -
If it's a bygone thread, say over a year + old, is it good idea to revive it?

And, what are the chances of my thread showing up being a newbie. I see my other posts getting approved, but the 'route info' thread has still not made it.

Thanks for bearing with me on this.
Old 22nd September 2013, 22:08   #1874
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I have 3D Kagus on my 2011 T-Jet+, and 3M Nomads in my 2012 Punto. If you want superior cosmetics, go for 3D Kagu/Maxpider mats. They will fit perfectly in the footwell, will look classy and all that jazz, but all your dirt will accumulate in the tray-shaped mats. I use the Linea only on highway drives, so this is not too much of a hindrance for me (since I usually end up washing the car and the mats after the highway trip). If the car is being used for daily city commute duty, 3M nomad mats would be more practical and allow you longer mat-cleaning intervals while they trap the dirt for you. You can take a look at either of my ownership threads in case you want to see how these mats will look in the footwell.

Quote:
I am happily running on PLCs for the past 9 months on the T-Jet, and I can assure you it is dead silent, while at the same time offering a cushioned feel for a comfortable ride. Grip is also superb in both wet and dry conditions from my experience. I would highly recommend this tyre to any prospects sitting on the fence.

Also, the delicateness of the PLCs are highly exaggerated in my opinion. I have been doing all kinds of hideously treacherous roads (sometimes just sharp stone parthways) during my recent trips and travels, and I am yet to see any problem with these tyres. Use them as you normally would use any tyre, but do slow down on sharp stones. I got my set from Madhu's by the way. Even Sai Iyengar is known to offer good deals and buyback prices. Do check the directory section for recent reviews and take a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
OT: Guys. Need a little help with my Beige Jet. I have brushed my back bumper twice while reversing it. Any suggestions of good body colored reverse parking sensors or cameras and a good fitter in Delhi NCR, preferably Noida.
The best bet for this would be to head to the same showroom where you picked up the car. You could negotiate for a good price with the accessories department, plus they are more likely to stock the body-colored versions of the sensors you need, than a stray accessory shop elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
KarthikK, I'm a newbie here and can't PM so is there any way I can contact you regarding the Linea T-Jet?
I think it is because your PM facility will be disabled for the first 25 posts as a newbie. You could send me an email through the option available when you open my profile. If it is a general T-Jet query, you could post it here for the benefit of others, and fellow T-Jet owners might be able to answer it better or chip-in with their 2 cents too.

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd September 2013 at 22:19.
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:48   #1875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Questions are -
If it's a bygone thread, say over a year + old, is it good idea to revive it?

And, what are the chances of my thread showing up being a newbie. I see my other posts getting approved, but the 'route info' thread has still not made it.

Thanks for bearing with me on this.
No reason to not put something on an old post really as long as its relevant to the topic being discussed.

Till you cross 25 posts each one will be approved by a moderator before it appears hence if you are not seeing something immediately its because they are pending approvals.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks