Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 14:39   #1801
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Yesterday night 8:30 pm to 2 pm today, 200 kms already, that says it all about the Tjet

Congrats on the buy.
Well, most of that 200Km was covered before 2AM last night Got to say this is a gem of a car. I especially love the brakes. Can't say too much about the power delivery yet since I plan to be light footed for first 1500Km or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Congrats, Shreeda! I hope there is a Bangalore TBHP meet soon. Couldn't make it to the last one, and yet to go on one.
Sure Teacher, lets meet up!
Old 13th September 2013, 11:47   #1802
Senior - BHPian

Re: Il jet è atterrato!

Fantastic!

How much petrol did they give you that it did not last till the petrol pump? They fill about 5 odd liters but unfortunately that is less than the "reserve" mark for the Jet hence the low fuel indicator does not go away - i was so skeptical about them having filled enough that i got them to put another 3 odd liters in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeda View Post
Finally, I got my Jet! Delivery happened at 8.30PM yesterday.

It was not the perfect beginning for me though. I am yet to get some of the accessories fitted, the number is yet to be allotted. There was too little petrol in the tank and the car gave up just before the filling station. Though things were not perfect, Vecto staff are friendly. And then, the car itself is an awesome thing! It drives great, handles great. I have already done 200+Km with her so far.
Old 13th September 2013, 12:25   #1803
BHPian

It is ridiculous that most manufacturers provide just 5 litres of fuel even when the value of the product they are selling is close to a million rupees. The first trip of the car should sentimentally be to a temple or any other place of the owners' choice rather than searching for the closest petrol bunk.
Old 13th September 2013, 14:35   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Fantastic!

How much petrol did they give you that it did not last till the petrol pump? They fill about 5 odd liters but unfortunately that is less than the "reserve" mark for the Jet hence the low fuel indicator does not go away - i was so skeptical about them having filled enough that i got them to put another 3 odd liters in front of me.
I too asked about the petrol and was told that they fill petrol for 500Rs. They were very confident that it would last for a decent distance. But because of the distance the car had to travel (about 80Km with stockyard - dealer - rto - dealer trip) before I got the delivery it was close to empty. My learning is that if you trust anyone in the Auto industry, you're asking for disaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
It is ridiculous that most manufacturers provide just 5 litres of fuel even when the value of the product they are selling is close to a million rupees. The first trip of the car should sentimentally be to a temple or any other place of the owners' choice rather than searching for the closest petrol bunk.
Agree with you. I couldn't believe what happened to me at that point of time. When we reached the station eventually, no one there seemed surprised! I think this is just a normal thing for them.

Now, handle this. A friend of mine noticed that the rear seat is missing a seat belt buckle, the middle passenger's seat belt doesn't even exist. Very embarrassing! Whoever wants to buy from Fiat, be extremely careful with your inspection. I did not even dream about missing seat belts before!
Old 13th September 2013, 14:38   #1805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too asked about the petrol and was told that they fill petrol for 500Rs. They were very confident that it would last for a decent distance. But because of the distance the car had to travel (about 80Km with stockyard - dealer - rto - dealer trip) before I got the delivery it was close to empty. My learning is that if you trust anyone in the Auto industry, you're asking for disaster!
I think everyone got it wrong - 80 Kms on 5 litres on a T-Jet is asking for trouble , that means you need to average out about 16 KMPL - thats 2 KMPL more than the claimed mileage and we all know that the T-Jet realistically gives far lower - you should have never driven off without stopping somewhere sooner and filling up.
Old 13th September 2013, 14:44   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
I think everyone got it wrong - 80 Kms on 5 litres on a T-Jet is asking for trouble , that means you need to average out about 16 KMPL - thats 2 KMPL more than the claimed mileage and we all know that the T-Jet realistically gives far lower - you should have never driven off without stopping somewhere sooner and filling up.
500Rs would mean about 6Ltr. The confidence with which they said it will be fine, fooled me. And, I was only trying to get to the nearest station and nothing more!
Old 13th September 2013, 15:01   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Well even at 6 Liters , it means about 13.5 which is an uphill task with her. With the T-Jet you have already lost the fuel economy battle the minute you start her , nevertheless glad its over and done with and you now have the ownership experience to look forward to !! Cannot wait to see some pictures!

Quote:
500Rs would mean about 6Ltr. The confidence with which they said it will be fine, fooled me. And, I was only trying to get to the nearest station and nothing more!
Old 13th September 2013, 15:10   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Well even at 6 Liters , it means about 13.5 which is an uphill task with her. With the T-Jet you have already lost the fuel economy battle the minute you start her , nevertheless glad its over and done with and you now have the ownership experience to look forward to !! Cannot wait to see some pictures!
I get the point you are making. Anyway, when it is up to me, I will never let the fuel level fall below 5Ltr! I am still not through with hardships of the delivery though. Waiting to get a couple of accessories (parking sensors and mud flaps) and the vanished seat belts fitted. Let me finish those, then pictures (I have no good quality pics yet) and experiences will follow
Old 13th September 2013, 15:28   #1809
BHPian

Hey guys. How would the t-jet stack up against the polo gt tsi. Both are petrol engines, similarities end there.

1. Performance wise
2. Handling wise
3. Mileage (Kiran dethi hai)

Given a choice which would you opt for sedan with a turbo or the hatch with DSG box?
Old 13th September 2013, 15:33   #1810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I get the point you are making. Anyway, when it is up to me, I will never let the fuel level fall below 5Ltr! I am still not through with hardships of the delivery though. Waiting to get a couple of accessories (parking sensors and mud flaps) and the vanished seat belts fitted. Let me finish those, then pictures (I have no good quality pics yet) and experiences will follow
Well best of luck and hope the process goes off smoothly.
Old 13th September 2013, 16:40   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Now, handle this. A friend of mine noticed that the rear seat is missing a seat belt buckle, the middle passenger's seat belt doesn't even exist. Very embarrassing! Whoever wants to buy from Fiat, be extremely careful with your inspection. I did not even dream about missing seat belts before!
Congratulations on getting your personal Jet! The dealer should have put at least 5 liters at the point of delivery. A new car stalling due to lack of fuel can be very embarrassing as well as irritating.

About the seat-belts: have you checked the boot? Many people request the dealers to slip the belts towards the boot as they consider it an obtrusion on the seat. Dealer might have done it without even asking. A missing seat-belt would be a glaring mistake by the QA team of Fiat.
Biraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 17:02   #1812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think the newer FIAT Linea, post suspension raise, is classified as a 4-seater while the older one was classified as a 5 seater.

Thus by law they no longer need to provide a belt for 5th passenger, as the car is a 4-seater car. Thus the car is not "missing" the belt. Its just not supposed to be there at all.

Its just one more of there small cost cutting measures.
Old 13th September 2013, 17:20   #1813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Hey guys. How would the t-jet stack up against the polo gt tsi. Both are petrol engines, similarities end there.

1. Performance wise
2. Handling wise
3. Mileage (Kiran dethi hai)
Performance wise : I would say both T-Jet and TSI would be in same league with minimal difference

Handling wise : T-Jet will smoke the GT in corners

Mileage : Again both are comparable. Almost identical FE figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Given a choice which would you opt for sedan with a turbo or the hatch with DSG box?
You should have said Sedan with Turbo or Hatch with a Turbo and DSG box
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 17:38   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Thus by law they no longer need to provide a belt for 5th passenger, as the car is a 4-seater car. Thus the car is not "missing" the belt. Its just not supposed to be there at all.
Are you sure about that? I can see the lap-belt in this pic from Karthikk's comparison between 2011 and 2013 version.

Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3151272

They have removed the centre head restraint but the lap-belt should still be there.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 18:01   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Are you sure about that? I can see the lap-belt in this pic from Karthikk's comparison between 2011 and 2013 version.

Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3151272

They have removed the centre head restraint but the lap-belt should still be there.
The belt and buckle were hidden under the seat! Just lifted the seat to access them. So, all is well now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks