Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 18:05   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I am assuming you have got your T-Jet also by now - where is the review? Where are the photos ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Co Your experience is similar to mine; once you drive a T-Jet, you're a goner!
Old 9th August 2013, 18:08   #1652
BHPian

I've had her for a couple of weeks now; photos taken: zero. KM driven: ~140.

Will try some photos tomorrow. Trip planned for I-Day weekend; more photos then. Have to start on my write-up; will do so this weekend.

Thanks!
Old 10th August 2013, 22:54   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
How much did you pay for your jet?

I took a test drive of Tjet Emotion today from vecto motors and was very happy driving it. Handling, grip and braking are just fantastic when compared to my getz crdi. Steering feedback is great too and so are the leather seats. Interior plastic quality is ok but felt some uneven panel gaps.
I had my eyes set on the coffee(or earth) colour which is no longer available. Hence planning for minimal grey.

I am being offered Tjet Emotion for 9.9L onroad bangalore. After transferring my current 50% NCB, i should be getting one for ~9.75L. Any inputs?

Last edited by djay99 : 10th August 2013 at 23:00.
Old 10th August 2013, 23:07   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Hi,
I am being offered Tjet Emotion for 9.9L onroad bangalore. After transferring my current 50% NCB, i should be getting one for ~9.75L. Any inputs?
9.9L is a very good price for Emotion. Last I remember (about a month back) was that Emotion variant OTR price was close to 11L. Are they offering close to 1L discount now? That's fantastic news
Old 11th August 2013, 18:44   #1655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
9.9L is a very good price for Emotion. Last I remember (about a month back) was that Emotion variant OTR price was close to 11L. Are they offering close to 1L discount now? That's fantastic news
Fiat is offering 1L cash discount under exchange/loyalty scheme. I am not sure why such a big discount after a couple of month's launch.

I am thinking whether to buy this or wait for some thing else like 2014 Linea or Ecosport AT.
Old 11th August 2013, 19:10   #1656
BHPian

Here in Delhi I was told the one lakh discount is for all models except the T-Jet since that's a new launch and already very competitively priced. I guess some dealers have started offering discount on the jet also. 2012 models of the linea btw have a 1.4 lakh discount.
Old 11th August 2013, 19:42   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
One question guys : I have noticed that the fuel consumption displayed on the Linea ODO is in the following format "8.6 1/100" .
That is 8.6 l/100km , that's a lower case letter L , not digit 1. Digital fonts can be confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
1)Airbag error is related to a weak battery for sure.
Even the Linea MJD has a 50AH battery,i have installed a 60Ah in my MJD,and its a perfect fit in the battery bay.(Not sure if Tjet has same battery bay)

2)Yes you need a CANBUS compatible ballast,to avoid any errors on MID.

3)65W bulbs will be plug and play.
Thanks, which 60AH battery are you using ? The battery bay should be the same, not much sense having dissimilar parts just to make for a smaller battery.

I guess my HID's gonna got on the bike then, sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Any interior cleaner foam spray should work for the plastics. You can even dab the dirt with a moist cloth and remove it. For leather, I use Meguiar's gold class leather cleaner solution. You could pick this up at any popular auto accessories shop or 3m car care centres. Apply and wipe all the muck and periodic stains away from the leather surface. Works well for regular leather seat maintenance too .

Just curious to know - how did you think of checking this place of all things?? Jokes apart, let me check today and revert. My gut feeling is it should be a normal thing from the heat produced by the lamps.

Yes, you'll find the engine guard plate screwed in place even on the earlier batch of T-Jets.
Thanks, Karthikk. I have noticed that the Figo bonnet remains cool to touch even after a longer drive, while the Jet has some hot spots.

Oh and reg the seats, it's not mud, it's mold that I'm talking about. I used a leather cleaner/conditioner yesterday and dashboard polish on the dash. Let's see how that holds up. If not, I'll have to pay the 3M place nearby a visit sooner than planned.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 19:50   #1658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
That is 8.6 l/100km , that's a lower case letter L , not digit 1. Digital fonts can be confusing.

Thanks, which 60AH battery are you using ? The battery bay should be the same, not much sense having dissimilar parts just to make for a smaller battery.

I guess my HID's gonna got on the bike then, sometime.

Thanks, Karthikk. I have noticed that the Figo bonnet remains cool to touch even after a longer drive, while the Jet has some hot spots.

Oh and reg the seats, it's not mud, it's mold that I'm talking about. I used a leather cleaner/conditioner yesterday and dashboard polish on the dash. Let's see how that holds up. If not, I'll have to pay the 3M place nearby a visit sooner than planned.
You can switch it to km/L in MID settings.
And i am using Amaron battery.
Old 11th August 2013, 22:48   #1659
BHPian

Dear Ricci,

I drove from Pune to Hyderabad only yesterday. The drive is about 550 km and I was shocked to see the condition of the road (NH-9). I will write about that some other time. I drove non-stop and took nearly 10 hours to cover the distance. I was expecting the bonnet of my T-Jet to be really hot to touch after the drive, specially after my experience with Santro. I was actually shocked (pleasantly) to notice the bonnet temperature to be just about ambient temperature. No hot spots at all. I am actually surprised with your observation on the matter. You may like to get your vehicle checked.
Regards.
Old 11th August 2013, 22:56   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skm1967 View Post
re: hot spots.
The area on the bonnet behind the left headlight cluster tends to heat up on mine.
Old 11th August 2013, 22:56   #1661
Senior - BHPian

If the temperature guage tells you proper and perfect operating temperature.
Why bother touching the bonnet,it actually tells nothing.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 13:21   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
Looking forward to the review and the images!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
re: hot spots.
The area on the bonnet behind the left headlight cluster tends to heat up on mine.
Normal , just keep checking the temperature indicator , if that is fine then all good.
Old 12th August 2013, 14:10   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Hi,
How much did you pay for your jet?

Sorry for the delay in replying. I paid Vecto Rs. 10,59,423 on road for mine in the last week of July. That includes extended warranty, bumper-to-bumper (zero depreciation) warranty, Road Side Assistance and front door sill plates. At that time, the one lakh discount was offered only on the Multi-Jet, not T-Jet.

I'd say it's a very good deal, go for it.

BTW, mine is Minimal Gray, and I love the way it looks. We'll ride together sometime and confuse people!
Old 12th August 2013, 14:18   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Looking forward to the review and the images!!
Working on it, Guruji!

Mods: Sorry for the back to back, didn't realize I was doing that, or I would have multi-quoted.

Last edited by TheTeacher : 12th August 2013 at 14:19.
Old 12th August 2013, 16:05   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the delay in replying. I paid Vecto Rs. 10,59,423 on road for mine in the last week of July. That includes extended warranty, bumper-to-bumper (zero depreciation) warranty, Road Side Assistance and front door sill plates. At that time, the one lakh discount was offered only on the Multi-Jet, not T-Jet.

I'd say it's a very good deal, go for it.

BTW, mine is Minimal Gray, and I love the way it looks. We'll ride together sometime and confuse people!
Thanks for the info. I read in autocar magazine that 2014 Linea will have lot of changes including exterior and interior bits.

Is it a good option to wait for it or buy 2013 model now with good discounts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks