Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 20:46   #1636
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
We were very happy with it and booked a Hip Hop Black Emotion Tjet.
Congratulations and welcome to the T-Jet owners group! Your experience is similar to mine; once you drive a T-Jet, you're a goner!

Which dealer did you book it with?
Old 28th July 2013, 22:30   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The test drive vehicle was an Active variant and we wanted to go for the Emotion. Last week we had a chance to test drive the Emotion variant. We were very happy with it and booked a Hip Hop Black Emotion Tjet.
Many many congratulations and wishes and welcome to the club!!! Difficult color to maintain but she is a stunner in black , possibly more so than the oceanic blue as well.
Old 28th July 2013, 23:02   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the T-Jet owners group! Your experience is similar to mine; once you drive a T-Jet, you're a goner!

Which dealer did you book it with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Many many congratulations and wishes and welcome to the club!!! Difficult color to maintain but she is a stunner in black , possibly more so than the oceanic blue as well.
Thanks guys ! Glad to be a part of the club !
I booked it from Hyson Fiat in Cochin. And guess what my second choice of colour was - Oceanic Blue
Old 29th July 2013, 16:54   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chohan View Post
Experts Kindly Help. I have recently started facing a problem with my T-jet. The car is pulling to the right inspite of keeping the steering dead straight. I took this problem lightly owing this to wheel alignment but now even after doing perfect allignment twice in the last one week the problem is still there. The tyre pressure was balanced in all the tyres. Moreover it takes a constant effort to keep the steering straight. the steering has a tendency to pull towards right when left unattended while on the move. I am wondering what could be the reason when the wheels are properly balanced and aligned.
Considering that my care has only done only 10K that too in the decent driving conditions, Is it possible that something is wrong with the suspension setup? What could be the other reasons?
I am not sure about the suspension setup, but I would surely urge you to check the tyre integrity , as it can be collapsed wall. Has the driver sidetyre gone into a bad ditch sometime, and did you try changing to the spare you have just to make sure its not the tyre which is the problem?
Old 30th July 2013, 07:51   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
We were very happy with it and booked a Hip Hop Black Emotion Tjet.
Ah, one more Hip Hopper in Bangalore Congrats! Any word on delivery dates? I have been waiting for some time now for various reasons.
Old 30th July 2013, 23:02   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeda View Post
Ah, one more Hip Hopper in Bangalore Congrats! Any word on delivery dates? I have been waiting for some time now for various reasons.
Thanks man ! As per the sales guy at the dealership i should be getting delivery of the vehicle within two more weeks.
_raviShankar_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 11:57   #1642
BHPian

Which body cover to use?

The other day I talked to the Accessories Salesperson of Vecto Motors about the body covers available for T Jet. Looks like they now sell only the silver ones which are made of very hard material.

I want to get the white one which should be softer and better for the paint surface. He says Fiat has discontinued the sales of this. Any idea where I can source one?
Old 1st August 2013, 13:45   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which body cover to use?

I bought one last month from Tuli motors, infact the Tyvek cover was not in stock and the dealer sourced it from Fiat. Your dealer may be vary of ordering it without advance as many people order stuff but then never turn up to pick it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeda View Post
The other day I talked to the Accessories Salesperson of Vecto Motors about the body covers available for T Jet. Looks like they now sell only the silver ones which are made of very hard material.

I want to get the white one which should be softer and better for the paint surface. He says Fiat has discontinued the sales of this. Any idea where I can source one?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:27   #1644
Senior - BHPian

I need to pick up one for myself as well - how much was the cost and did they have more available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I bought one last month from Tuli motors, infact the Tyvek cover was not in stock and the dealer sourced it from Fiat. Your dealer may be vary of ordering it without advance as many people order stuff but then never turn up to pick it.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:00   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Cover was a shade below 3K, you can refer the pdf document related to accessories attached to one of my earlier posts for exact prices. No idea on stock status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I need to pick up one for myself as well - how much was the cost and did they have more available?
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 20:49   #1646
BHPian

Need some help/advice.

1. Due to registration delays, I haven't used the jet much. The monsoons brought their own problems . Now I have some mold in the interiors, on the plastics (dashboard , door sills ) and a bit on the leather seats. How can I get rid of it for good ?

2. I get airbag failure message on cranking. This is supposed to be weak battery indication, but the voltage showed a healthy 11.5V with engine off, before cranking, and 14.5V with the engine running. So battery seems healthy enough, just suffering due to low/non-use.
If I need to get a new battery, will a DIN55 as on Linea diesel work ok ? The battery tray seems to have some gap to the end from the current battery ( OEM , 50AH ). Websites show Linea petrol to have DIN45 battery but none of them list the TJet separately, and at least my TJet has a 50AH battery, the diesel has a 55AH one.

3. Do I need a specific ballast to go with HID ? I read some place, one needs a CAN BUS-compatible ballast. I also have bought a wire kit, relay and 100W H1 bulbs. Has anyone used them long enough , if yes, is it safe to use on long term ? Also, there seems no wiring kit for foglamps , any solution for that available ? I expect a 55AH battery should not be an issue, but want to double check.

I also have 65W H7 bulbs, 20% over stock 55W - does anyone know if the BCU will spring errors if I use this bulb straight away , without any other changes ?

4. The area just behind the headlamps gets hot even on short drives, both left and right headlamps. Rest of the bonnet is cool. Is it normal to have the spot behind headlamps get hot on merely 5km of driving ?

5. Does the TJet come equipped with an engine guard/bash plate ? Mine is a Nov 2010 make.

TIA

Last edited by Ricci : 4th August 2013 at 20:54. Reason: added 5th query
Old 6th August 2013, 15:19   #1647
Team-BHP Support

No idea about the ballast and wiring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Need some help/advice.

1. Due to registration delays, I haven't used the jet much. The monsoons brought their own problems . Now I have some mold in the interiors, on the plastics (dashboard , door sills ) and a bit on the leather seats. How can I get rid of it for good ?
Any interior cleaner foam spray should work for the plastics. You can even dab the dirt with a moist cloth and remove it. For leather, I use Meguiar's gold class leather cleaner solution. You could pick this up at any popular auto accessories shop or 3m car care centres. Apply and wipe all the muck and periodic stains away from the leather surface. Works well for regular leather seat maintenance too .

Quote:
4. The area just behind the headlamps gets hot even on short drives, both left and right headlamps. Rest of the bonnet is cool. Is it normal to have the spot behind headlamps get hot on merely 5km of driving ?
Just curious to know - how did you think of checking this place of all things?? Jokes apart, let me check today and revert. My gut feeling is it should be a normal thing from the heat produced by the lamps.

Quote:
5. Does the TJet come equipped with an engine guard/bash plate ? Mine is a Nov 2010 make.
Yes, you'll find the engine guard plate screwed in place even on the earlier batch of T-Jets.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 15:56   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Need some help/advice.

2. I get airbag failure message on cranking. This is supposed to be weak battery indication, but the voltage showed a healthy 11.5V with engine off, before cranking, and 14.5V with the engine running. So battery seems healthy enough, just suffering due to low/non-use.
If I need to get a new battery, will a DIN55 as on Linea diesel work ok ? The battery tray seems to have some gap to the end from the current battery ( OEM , 50AH ). Websites show Linea petrol to have DIN45 battery but none of them list the TJet separately, and at least my TJet has a 50AH battery, the diesel has a 55AH one.

3. Do I need a specific ballast to go with HID ? I read some place, one needs a CAN BUS-compatible ballast. I also have bought a wire kit, relay and 100W H1 bulbs. Has anyone used them long enough , if yes, is it safe to use on long term ? Also, there seems no wiring kit for foglamps , any solution for that available ? I expect a 55AH battery should not be an issue, but want to double check.

I also have 65W H7 bulbs, 20% over stock 55W - does anyone know if the BCU will spring errors if I use this bulb straight away , without any other changes ?

TIA
1)Airbag error is related to a weak battery for sure.
Even the Linea MJD has a 50AH battery,i have installed a 60Ah in my MJD,and its a perfect fit in the battery bay.(Not sure if Tjet has same battery bay)

2)Yes you need a CANBUS compatible ballast,to avoid any errors on MID.

3)65W bulbs will be plug and play.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 17:57   #1649
BHPian

One question guys : I have noticed that the fuel consumption displayed on the Linea ODO is in the following format "8.6 1/100" . Does this mean that the car is giving a fuel efficiency of 7.6 kmpl or the car has consumed 8.6 litres of fuel per 100 km? I feel its the latter as dividing 100 by 8.6 gives a figure of 11.6 which is the expected efficiency of the T-Jet in the city premises.
Please let me know your thoughts and opinions on the same.
Old 8th August 2013, 18:55   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Please let me know your thoughts and opinions on the same.
What the mid is showing is that you are getting a fe of 11.6 km/l. It means the car is consuming 8.6 litres for every 100 kms travelled.

For ease of use, you can go into the menu through the buttons on the right side of steering (below right ac vent) and change the units to km/l, you wont have to do any calculations that way.

Most Viewed