Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 08:44   #1531
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
What are these guys smoking.. Was this online or did someone from Reliance speak with you and then mailed the offer?
In either case there is a goof up somewhere and a requote is in order.
This was on the phone. The quotes are all over the place, if you take the lowest to the highest. Once I have all of them in, I will reconfirm with them and put up a table here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Yes they are not updated and its quite a pain , i had to explain to each and every one of them on the phone about it being relaunched etc , and most of them annoyingly kept calling it T- Zed!!

Note to everyone , please do keep in mind that the T-jet and the T-jet plus carry different ex showrooms , so in case one of them says go for this please be careful - one of the reasons i went with Axa was because even though they did not have it in the system they calculated it basis the new ex - showroom.
Try telling them there's no plain T-Jet and T-Jet Plus anymore; they just don't get it. I had to be rough with the royal Sundaram guy (part of the TVS group, which also has a Fiat dealerships, I believe). He has promised to look into this and get back to me this morning.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:47   #1532
BHPian

Recently, I have received a call from Fiat Caffe at Inner Ring Road, the same place where I test drove the new T-Jet, saying that they were offering free insurance. Members from Bangalore can have a look.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:54   #1533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Recently, I have received a call from Fiat Caffe at Inner Ring Road, the same place where I test drove the new T-Jet, saying that they were offering free insurance. Members from Bangalore can have a look.
It is part of Fiat's offers and freebies for the month of July , and should be applicable throughout the country. Full details in this post :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3169705
Old 10th July 2013, 18:40   #1534
BHPian

Guys, I am considering getting the Fiat T-jet 1.4 Emotion Petrol variant. What discounts/offers can I expect?

And how is the ride quality with the 190mm ground clearance? I hope its good.

Also, the only thing that worries me is Fiat will be launching a new Linea in 2014. Any idea as to what would be the changes and the expected time of launch for the same?
Old 10th July 2013, 18:47   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post

And how is the ride quality with the 190mm ground clearance? I hope its good.
Refer to post No 1302 on this topic. Karthik has made a very good comparison and a sort of mini review.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 19:02   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, the only thing that worries me is Fiat will be launching a new Linea in 2014. Any idea as to what would be the changes and the expected time of launch for the same?
There wont be massive changes. The most important changes will be:

1. Slight exterior facelift, primarily incorporating new front and rear bumpers. Some people like the present exteriors to the facelifted one.

2. Brand new interiors. Unlike the exteriors, the new interiors are a huge improvement and liked by all.

Check out the FIAT Turkey website to take a look at the new exteriors and interiors.

3. Probably the new Linea will be available with only the Turbo 1.4 Petrol ie Tjet engine and a 1.6 MJD engine. Another possibility is power from a MultiAir non-turbo version of the 1.4L petrol engine, which gives about 105hp. An associated change may be a reduction in ground clearance as a 1.6L engine plus the present Linea's high ground clearance will end up making it an SUV in our great govt's eyes. There is also possibility of FIAT Dualogic auto gearboxes will make an appearance.

As for timing, I doubt it will happen anytime before April 2014, and may be even later than that.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 19:25   #1537
BHPian

Thanks johy and julupani for the feedback. I am going to take a test drive soon. Can somebody also comment on the turning radius of the new Linea? Is it too high or something? I was reading some car magazine and they listed it as a negative point.

Also, please share any offers/deals going on. Thanks.
Old 10th July 2013, 19:47   #1538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks johy and julupani for the feedback. I am going to take a test drive soon. Can somebody also comment on the turning radius of the new Linea? Is it too high or something? I was reading some car magazine and they listed it as a negative point.

Also, please share any offers/deals going on. Thanks.
Well, it is a long car with fat wheels, so yes the turning circle is a bit large. Its got 205 section wheels, which are one size up on most cars its price and its almost 4.6m long which again is significantly more than its competitors.

Overall, in my view a few three point turns is inconsequential when it comes to the enjoyment that any FIAT offers.
julupani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 19:52   #1539
BHPian

I concur with Julupani.

Long car with long wheelbase but gives you the accompanying carpet-like ride quality - 5 4 meter turning radius.

Even Vento, as far as I know, has 5.4 meters with smaller wheel base of 2552 mm (compared to 2603 mm of the T-Jet). Plan your U-turns; you should be fine.

A few posts back (a few pages back) there is a mention regarding offers; do look it up.

Edit: Again post by our very own Kartick

Should be Free Insurance + Free Road Side Assistance (for July) for the T-Jets

Last edited by johy : 10th July 2013 at 19:54. Reason: Added info
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 21:05   #1540
Senior - BHPian

The magazines will paint a picture as it suits them. The same publications call a Corolla which also has a 5.5.mts turning radius on the same wheel base of 2600mm and overall body length of 4+ meters ( IIRC an inch less than the Linea) as very easy and convenient to drive in the city and amongst traffic. IIRC the Optra too had a 5.5+m turning radius again with a 2600mm wheelbase and similar body length. A Verito is also mentioned in one of the above posts having similar numbers yet never heard any of the radio taxi cab drivers complaining regarding the same And before anyone asks, yes I almost always ask the cab drivers about the pros and cons of their rides

Quote:
Can somebody also comment on the turning radius of the new Linea? Is it too high or something? I was reading some car magazine and they listed it as a negative point.

Not nitpicking here but overall wheelbase and body length are not the prime factors in determining the turning radius. It largely depends on the thought process of a car's designers as to what the perceived usage of the vehicle will be, this then percolates to the overall design of the automobile itself and the various components therein. Linea & Corolla are perceived as family touring sedans hence the interiors, boot space, suspension systems and turning radii etc are designed accordingly.

On the flip side take the example of the Cedia, the designers at Mitsubishi basically made this car as a pseudo rally going vehicle, complete with a wheelbase of 2600cm (3cm less than Linea = 1.53 inch) and an overall body length that is the same as Corolla or an inch less than the Linea.

Per the perceived usage the car comes with an extra large bonnet to accomodate various engines starting with the physically huge 2.0 liter that is sold here (though detuned) all the way to the even bigger turbo charged versions sold in the US and elsewhere. On the inside it has a humongous driver's seat and cockpit, which can accomodate sports seats of all sizes and mounting points (read welding points) for building a roll cage and a stiff all independent suspension setup. This is followed with less than optimum rear leg space, small boot but with an extremely tight turning radius of 4.9 meters that beats many a hatchbacks too. All 'cause of the perceived usage.

On a daily usage basis it does not make a huge difference unless one is stuck in a really really tight parking spot or has to make U turns on a regular basis on restricted width roads. I own and self drive both the Mitsubishi and the Fiat and find the steering systems in these two vehicles to be nicely weighed up at all sorts of speeds, very direct (point and shoot) and with ample feedback flowing back to the hands on the steering and the turning radius is not a concern at all in either ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Well, it is a long car with fat wheels, so yes the turning circle is a bit large. Its got 205 section wheels, which are one size up on most cars its price and its almost 4.6m long which again is significantly more than its competitors.

Overall, in my view a few three point turns is inconsequential when it comes to the enjoyment that any FIAT offers.
khoj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 21:18   #1541
BHPian

The Ecosport has a turning radius of 5.3 metres but nobody seems to be bothered about the turning radius. It is not a deal breaker.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 21:26   #1542
BHPian

I booked my Minimal Grey T-Jet Emotion today. Wanted to do it last Sunday, but was house bound with flu-like symptoms. The guy from Vecto came to collect the cheque this afternoon. Now the waiting begins. Expected to take a week.

I asked about the reversing camera. He said they can fit one made by Autocop (who apparently supply Fiat with the power windows etc.). Cost is Rs. 13.5k and it will not void warranty. Can anybody comment on the cost, please?

What accessories are good to get?

Don't know what tyres I'll get with the car. Is there a reliable tyre shop closer to Meenakshi Temple on Bannerghatta Road? Madhu's is a bit far for me to go to, even the Basvangudi branch.

Thanks.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 21:33   #1543
BHPian

The deals / offers does not seem to be consistent. The Delhi dealer offered 50% discount on insurance. When I told him that free insurance and free RSA are available as an official offer from Fiat he offered to check and call back. Its almost one week since, he hasn't called back.

On a different note, Noida dealer is listing higher ex-showroom price which is about Rs.15K higher than Delhi. They said it is because of 2% higher VAT in UP, and that I would have to ay that extra % even if I buy from Delhi. The Delhi dealer's on-road price with UP registration does not account for this 2% extra. There is close to Rs.50K difference. Is the Noida dealer's standpoint correct?
Old 10th July 2013, 21:53   #1544
BHPian

Here's what I will be paying. Standard fitment consists of mats, Ganesha idol and air freshener. I wanted Zero-Dep (or bumper-bumper), and that will be approx. Rs. 6.5k extra. The last line obscured by the TBHP logo says Net Payable.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-tje-net.jpg  

TheTeacher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 22:52   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Teacher. Nice colour too !

13.5K is too much for the reverse camera and that too an Autocop. Save your money and spend it else where. IIRC FIAT original accessory is priced much lower no more than 6K.

For other accessories go through the brochure that I have attached to one of my posts.

In case you are buying mud flaps, insist on the ones that came with the ABSOLUTE edition. The original Fiat ones look ugly when mounted as they have the mounting screws exposed.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-1img_9244.jpg

I have posted above a snap of the absolute mud flap as mounted on my Jet. You can see the hole left behind by the earlier flap which was what else but the original FIAT accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I booked my Minimal Grey T-Jet Emotion today.

I asked about the reversing camera. He said they can fit one made by Autocop (who apparently supply Fiat with the power windows etc.). Cost is Rs. 13.5k and it will not void warranty. Can anybody comment on the cost, please?

What accessories are good to get?

Guite quotes between different dealers in the same city for any given vehicle always vary. If you do not mind sharing do tell which all dealers are you talking to. Maybe a different dealer might serve you better.

The stand of the NOIDA dealer w.r.t. the VAT is correct. If the car being bought in Delhi is to be registered in UP, I am sure the RTO there will ask you to pay up the difference in VAT. My vehicles are registered in HR and I have to deposit the difference in VAT between HR & DL in SBI and attach the receipt with the RTO file. Once you have bought the car you will not be in a positon to say no to the extra spend unless you clear this with the dealer beforehand and he agrees to pay the demand if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
The deals / offers does not seem to be consistent. The Delhi dealer offered 50% discount on insurance. When I told him that free insurance and free RSA are available as an official offer from Fiat he offered to check and call back. Its almost one week since, he hasn't called back.

On a different note, Noida dealer is listing higher ex-showroom price which is about Rs.15K higher than Delhi. They said it is because of 2% higher VAT in UP, and that I would have to ay that extra % even if I buy from Delhi. The Delhi dealer's on-road price with UP registration does not account for this 2% extra. There is close to Rs.50K difference. Is the Noida dealer's standpoint correct?
khoj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks