Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2013, 13:19   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Yeah, Fiat needs to learn about space management from Honda.
But once you drive the Tjet all these things fade out from your memory.
The pleasure of driving the Tjet is unparalleled.
Well the interiors of the Linea, which are a straight lift from the Punto, were designed by the person who is called the greatest car designer yet, Giorgetto Giugiaro.

I guess for all that beauty of form, one has to sacrifice a bit of functionality. I mean the door pockets may be pretty close to useless, but just open the door and look at the door panel. Even the door panel is a thing of beauty.
julupani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 20:14   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post

I am sure you are going to have a blast - unleashing the motor tomorrow.
Unfortunately, could not take a TD of the beast thanks to a goof up by Fiat Caffe.

The TD vehicle never turned up at the venue and the marketing team were blinking at each other when asked for a TD and I just walked off.

Looks like I need to wait longer for a TD of the Jet but this will not be a potential buy for me due to lack of parking space at my residence. The ANHC itself was a big car for my parking so this is a definite no.
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:32   #1428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Unfortunately, could not take a TD of the beast thanks to a goof up by Fiat Caffe.

The TD vehicle never turned up at the venue and the marketing team were blinking at each other when asked for a TD and I just walked off.

Looks like I need to wait longer for a TD of the Jet but this will not be a potential buy for me due to lack of parking space at my residence. The ANHC itself was a big car for my parking so this is a definite no.
This sort of goof-up is quite common for Fiat. You can register for a TD in the Fiat site.
I would still request you to go for a TD just to experience what the Tjet machine actually is and you can give a comparative study with the ANHC for the benefit of others.
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:49   #1429
BHPian

For those who came in late . There is a T-Jet Plus FTA 2011 model in Siliguri Tata Showroom for a very delicious price.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-fiat_linea_75_1920x1200-large.jpg

Pic is of normal Linea, but doesn't the color look awesome?

Last edited by johy : 3rd July 2013 at 16:53.
johy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:53   #1430
Senior - BHPian

They still have one??

2 year old car , that too now in a situation where there is a 2013 model out , i am sure he would be willing to let it go for a song.

Quote:
For those who came in late . There is a T-Jet Plus FTA 2011 model in Siliguri Tata Showroom for a very delicious price.
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:57   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
They still have one??

2 year old car , that too now in a situation where there is a 2013 model out , i am sure he would be willing to let it go for a song.

Yes indeed a 6-line song. But I think a nifty buyer can bring that down further.
Old 4th July 2013, 10:42   #1432
Senior - BHPian

The T-Jet has landed in Delhi. Got a call from the dealership to inform me that the car had arrived at the stockyard and if i would like to check it out. Delivery is expected this Sunday/Monday depending on pace of final paperwork etc.

Dashed across to take a look and did a quick PDI as well. 14 H on the odometer. Engine starts fine , AC is fine , no problem with panel gaps etc. The driver seat was a little dirty but that will be taken care of through dry cleaning before delivery.

All vital fluids present and topped up to the limit. I was slightly apprehensive about there being surprises in store in terms of Fiat having removed something else but all good including the sound proofing panel in the engine bay.

One thing which i did notice was that thanks to raising the GC the rear wheel wells look a bit empty despite the 16 inch alloys. There were lots of older Lineas parked as well and the difference was easy to compare.

There is no remote control with the car , i have written to fiat to clear the confusion because my brochure clearly indicates it as being available.

Could not resist taking a photo of the engine!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20130703_190123.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 12:25   #1433
BHPian

Puchoo, Congrats on your private jet. Have a safe flight
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 13:33   #1434
BHPian

Congrates Puchoo. Can you please highlight the sound proofing on the engine bay? I just might take you up on your offer. :-)
Old 4th July 2013, 14:00   #1435
Senior - BHPian

The Fox Trot Azure is my second favourite after Minimal Grey. Could not find either when I bought mine. I was getting a Tuscon Wine, however my friend Parimal noticed a Bronzo Scuro while he was at the dealership for the PDI and so the Toblerone it was.

Quote:

Attachment 1105542

Pic is of normal Linea, but doesn't the color look awesome?
Old 4th July 2013, 14:10   #1436
BHPian

Quote:

Dashed across to take a look and did a quick PDI as well. 14 H on the odometer. Engine starts fine , AC is fine , no problem with panel gaps etc. T

All vital fluids present and topped up to the limit. I was slightly apprehensive about there being surprises in store in terms of Fiat having removed something else but all good including the sound proofing panel in the engine bay.
Congrats puchoo, wish you lots of happy kilometers with the car. It sure is a car that is a pleasure to drive and to look at. I am surprised that many of us Indians are not getting, what I would call, one of the best cars in the market (in this price range and above).

Quote:
There is no remote control with the car , i have written to fiat to clear the confusion because my brochure clearly indicates it as being available.

Could not resist taking a photo of the engine!
Good thing you did that for the remote. You MUST have it. I think the head unit is different now. Otherwise, I would have pestered you to get two, one for me

And that color is going to be nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
However, my friend Parimal noticed a Bronzo Scuro while he was at the dealership for the PDI and so the Toblerone it was.
Your friend Parimal has good choice. I absolutely love Bronzo Scuro as I do Sun Beam Beige.

Last edited by johy : 4th July 2013 at 14:11.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:10   #1437
Senior - BHPian

The engine is fairly quite but what fiat has done is provide a dampening panel additionally - something normally reserved or seen in diesel engines. The Tjet always had it , i was a little worried that they might have removed it in the new models but have not.

Link below for reference image
http://www.****************/fiat-oem...roofing-2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Congrates Puchoo. Can you please highlight the sound proofing on the engine bay? I just might take you up on your offer. :-)
Old 4th July 2013, 15:18   #1438
Senior - BHPian

Thank you! Yes like i said earlier i hope they find enough buyers to keep her in production.

What was the earlier head unit like - from the 2011 models i saw and this one it looks identical. I actually don't need the remote but making a point to fuss about it since it is mentioned in the brochure. I can maybe then negotiate some other accessory for the car.

Yes i am starting to really like the color , i was sold on the Tuscan wine but wife insisted on the blue and she was right ( not that i am going to tell her she was )

Quote:
Congrats puchoo, wish you lots of happy kilometers with the car. It sure is a car that is a pleasure to drive and to look at. I am surprised that many of us Indians are not getting, what I would call, one of the best cars in the market (in this price range and above).

Good thing you did that for the remote. You MUST have it. I think the head unit is different now. Otherwise, I would have pestered you to get two, one for me

And that color is going to be nice!

Old 4th July 2013, 20:20   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Yes like i said earlier i hope they find enough buyers to keep her in production. )
I hope so too, for their sake and for the sake of existing (and potential) owners. They should unleash a marketing blitzkrieg harping on the strong points as well as, most important, exclusive showrooms and service centres. Two days back they had a front page ad in Times of India. They harped on class leading power, good, but there was no mention of class leading suspension.

On a different note, the official review hints that lower variant with 15" wheel may have better road undulation absorption than 16 incher. The tyre in both has minimal difference in profile depth, just 4mm. Can it really make a difference?
Old 4th July 2013, 21:23   #1440
BHPian

I test drove the Multi-Jet and the T-Jet today, in that order, at Vecto Motors, Hosur Road, Bangalore. Both were Emotion variants, the only variant I am interested in.

It is immediately evident that these are driver's cars. I felt the overall driving ergonomics top-notch, save the indicator stalk being on the left side and the seat not having lumbar support.

The gear shift is precise - most awesome. The foot pedals are placed just right, save the clutch pedal which had deep travel.

The diesel had lag till it hit 2k rpm, but after that became a demon. The difference in power before and after 2k rpm is in high contrast. The diesel also had significant road noise at all speeds which the T-Jet did not; probably the tyres.

The T-Jet was a hoot to drive, and I can understand now the enthusiasm for this vehicle here! I did feel a bit of lag, but the power kicks in much earlier and is not like crossing a threshold like in the diesel, so it is difficult to know when the power starts. It's almost scary the linear, non-stop power that pours through. I was reminded of my days in the US with my Camry V6. The rush one feels is addictive, and I was afraid during the test drives that I'd get pulled over by cops for speeding like a maniac! I would think that for the kind of acceleration the T-Jet provides, one would need to pay north of 30L on road to find it in any other vehicle.

Both vehicles had light clutch, very good steering feel and feedback, good braking, and good overall feedback to the driver. This last will be appreciated by enthusiasts, but may be viewed as NVH by those used to super quiet / dead-feel vehicles.

Apparently the T-Jet is selling well, and the offers on the Emotion variant now are that they are throwing in comprehensive insurance worth Rs. 33,032 (not zero deductible, standard insurance), and Road Side Assistance worth Rs. 3,500.

On the Multi-Jet, you get these plus Standard Fitment (whatever that is) worth Rs. 2,000. Another offer on the Multi-Jet is that if you are a previous owner of a Fiat or any other car, they will take Rs. 1 lakh off the on-road price. You cannot combine these offers on the Multi-Jet.

Driving the T-Jet has sort of ruined the Multi-Jet for me now! The only worry is that with that kind of power on tap, I will not be able to restrain myself from using it, and my fuel bills will be very high. I used to drive my Baleno like that, and used to get ~ 9 kmpl in the city and 12 kmpl on highway runs :(

I want to drive a couple more vehicles before I decide. But I'll not be able to forget the drive with the T-Jet.
TheTeacher is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks