Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2019, 10:07   #3136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Guys, i have been having this frustrating issue with an error code and it's driving me nuts.

The code is P1171 and i have given the car to the fiat service center for 8 or 9 times now and each time they say this was the culprit and now issue won't repeat!

They have checked the electrical system, fuel system, changed two lambda sensors, cleaned throttle body, said issue was because of BMC panel filter etc etc but yesterday the error popped up again!

I have remapped the car [wolf] but the error code started much before the remap and the BMC filter.

I have asked the wolf team to take a look as well but has anyone of you faced similar issue?
Old 5th February 2019, 02:59   #3137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
The code is P1171
A google search gives you this result;

https://autoservicecosts.com/obd2-codes/p1171/

I am not well versed with these things but sounds like there is insufficient fuel flow from the fuel pump or even a failed injector. Hard to say.
Old 14th February 2019, 10:18   #3138
BHPian

Hi,
Can someone please help me in getting in touch with the service personnel / manager at True Sai Fiat service at Salem?
I am seriously considering taking my T Jet all the way to Salem (instead of Chennai) for servicing and some other pending issues.
I have the contact number of the service center obtained from their website. But I thought it may be even better if I can speak to someone who is taking care of someone's car on this forum.
I want to talk to someone good and have a discussion on the issues to be addressed, get a sense on whether it will take time (more than a day) etc before venturing all the way to Salem with my car, from Pondicherry.

Does anyone have any experience with Fiat service at Trichy?
Thanks in advance.
Sreejith

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd February 2019 at 07:58. Reason: Typo
Old 14th February 2019, 11:50   #3139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparameswaran View Post
Hi,
Can someone please help me in getting in touch with the service personnel / manager at True Sai Fiat service at Salem?
I am seriously considering taking my T Jet all the way to Salem (instead of Chennai) for servicing and some other pending issues.
I have the contact number of the service center obtained from the ir website. But I thought it may be even better if I can speak to someone who is taking care of someone's car on this forum.
I want to talk to someone good and have a discussion on the issues to eb addressed, get a sense on whether it will take time (more than a day) etc before venturing all the way to Salem with my car, from Pondicherry.

Does anyone have any experience with Fiat service at Trichy?
Thanks in advance.
Sreejith
Have PMed you. Please check.
DRIV3R is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 11:51   #3140
BHPian

Sreejith, i have sent you a PM with the contact details at True Sai Salem. Do touch base with them before planning a visit. I am sure your Jet will be treated well at True Sai. Good Luck.
Sree_hari82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 09:33   #3141
BHPian

Thank you for the prompt response. Got the contact number. Shall be talking to him before venturing to Salem.
Old 21st February 2019, 07:41   #3142
BHPian

Got this home a couple of days back. Some observations:

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20190219_180858.jpg

Spare is a full size alloy
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20190220_081054.jpg

The cover of this lid is not present
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20190220_080753.jpg

Touchscreen is very basic but is not a deal breaker
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20190220_080748.jpg

The 2014 facelift had its usb port placed here which has now gone up onto the head unit and whats left behind is this ugly place. What were they thinking while designing this
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20190220_080736.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img20190218wa0023.jpg

Tyres are GY Eagle NCT 5, I was hoping to get atleast Alnac 4g
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img20190218wa0014.jpg

Driving wise even with the raised ground clearance the linea has tremendous amounts of grip and the steering is a revelation. I will post a detailed ownership review in a while. One thing is that i hadn't driven a T-Jet linea before but only watched and read its reviews which talked about the explosive performance but to me this car does not feel that fast, yes its quick but I mean there's no pushed into the seat feeling or the kind of performance which I expected (my Verna feels wee bit faster). Is this normal, if no what could be the reason?

Last edited by manson : 21st February 2019 at 18:32. Reason: Typos.
trinity0114 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 18:19   #3143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
Got this home a couple of days back
Hi, do you mind sharing the on-road price?
Here in Bengalooru, OTR price offered by the dealer for this currently is around Rs . 10 L (after discount).
Old 21st February 2019, 19:15   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
Got this home a couple of days back.
Congrats on taking a huge risk, but promise will keep you smiling every time you take her out.

Quote:
That's great. I got a spacesaver 5 years ago

Quote:
I think this is the new design, comes without cover

Quote:
are GY Eagle NCT 5, I was hoping to get atleast Alnac
I suggest you change them if possible. The Goodyears are very noisy and hard (for long life) and a better set of shoes will really bring out the best in the Jet.

Quote:
Driving wise even with the raised ground clearance the linea has tremendous amounts of grip and the steering is a revelation. I will post a detailed ownership review in a while. One thing is that i hadn't driven a T-Jet linea before but only watched and read its reviews which talked about the explosive performance but to me this car does not feel that fast, yes its quick but I mean there's no pushed into the seat feeling or the kind of performance which I expected (my Verna feels wee bit faster). Is this normal, if no what could be the reason?
Haven't driven the Verna so can't compare, but its pretty quick once it crosses 2000 RPM. The meat of the performance is in the midrange, but if you want more you can always get a remap.

Also check if you have got the quilted headliner as a couple of chaps I know got shafted, and had the plain one from the dynamic version installed.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 20:13   #3145
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Got this home a couple of days back. Some observations:
Congratulations!!

The full size spare is indeed a welcome change, unlike when I bought mine couple of years ago

Quote:
The cover of the lid doesn't close with a thud , one in my car already broke with very minimal usage, guess I won't be getting a replacement now !!

Quote:
there's no pushed into the seat feeling or the kind of performance which I expected (my Verna feels wee bit faster)
I think the 125s versions have a more linear power delivery, so even after the turbo spools in after around 1800 rpm, the push back effect is not as prominent as the older models.

Verna might feel faster because FIATs do tend to mask speeds quite well. But I am not sure and could be wrong as I haven't driven the Verna yet.

My car's engine has really opened up after the third service and I feel its much eager than the initial 16K kms I drove before that.
Old 22nd February 2019, 03:11   #3146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got this home a couple of days back. Is this normal, if no what could be the reason?
Congratulations.

I do not think the T Jet is quicker than a Verna, that is, if you are referring to the 1.6l diesel. They are probably quite even when it comes to engine performance. The Verna is likely to have better power to weight ratio.

I have not driven the current gen Verna. I did drive the last one which had very similar characteristics to the pre face lift Linea, where you get that shove when you stomp down hard(Once past the lag). The Linea you have takes out some of that shove and gives you a more linear acceleration. Yes; it does not feel quick but if you watch the speedo, you will be picking up pace really fast.

Speed is masked in a Linea. Typical characteristic of European cars (Italian in this case). Some like it. Some don't. Personally; I care less about 0-100 times. I like a car with a communicative chassis, steering and solid anchors, all of which the Linea has in spades. I don't think anything beats it unless you head in to the 20+ lac segment.

I really wish Fiat did not touch the suspension. It was a pointless move as doing so was not going to do it any favors in the sales department. I did not have any panic moments in 5 years I owned this car. Yes; you need to be careful of the front lip and when the car is fully loaded. A little scrape here and there is alright.

If you can get the right springs, struts and lower the car to pre face lift Linea specifications, it makes it perfect in the dynamics department. You get a better looking car too.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 22nd February 2019 at 03:12.
sandeepmohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 09:43   #3147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I really wish Fiat did not touch the suspension. It was a pointless move as doing so was not going to do it any favors in the sales department. I did not have any panic moments in 5 years I owned this car. Yes; you need to be careful of the front lip and when the car is fully loaded. A little scrape here and there is alright.
That’s as per the market demand. Just go through the comments in various threads. Majority in the enthusiast community prefers a higher ground clearance for even a sedan. So practicality matters most even in our community. The current Corolla and Linea with their huge ground clearance make them like some one wearing a 3/4 pants with shoes and it looks awkward. I have seen the first Linea on our roads and man what a looker it was.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 10:13   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
Got this home a couple of days back.
Many Congratulations ! It's a brave decision. I'm sure that you will enjoy every bit of it

Wish you many happy and safe miles with your Linea!

Did you buy this from Goyal Jeep, Ludhiana?
daf23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 13:30   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Hi, do you mind sharing the on-road price?
Here in Bengalooru, OTR price offered by the dealer for this currently is around Rs . 10 L (after discount).
I got a discount of 1,30,000 on the ex-showroom price of 10,04,626 and got temporary registration charges and handling charges waived off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Congrats on taking a huge risk, but promise will keep you smiling every time you take her out.

Also check if you have got the quilted headliner as a couple of chaps I know got shafted, and had the plain one from the dynamic version installed.
Thank you so much, this is like a leap of faith, had always wanted the linea hope everything turns out good. Yes verna is quick but i'll try and be within the 2500 rpm limit till the first service and after that maybe the engine also opens up more. Even though the goodyears are crap but i'll stick to them for the time being because i want to lower the car and upsize tyres to 225/45 17 in the future. I will check and post the picture of the headliner.
trinity0114 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:14   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
the goodyears are crap but i'll stick to them for the time being because i want to lower the car and upsize tyres to 225/45 17 in the future. I will check and post the picture of the headliner.
Congratulations man.
I would suggest you to change the tyres right away. It will fetch you the best value for those crappy Goodyears. After using them even for 2000 KMs, you would get nill as buyback.

Most Viewed