Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:13   #3001
Lij
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokinetic View Post
@Lij Completely relate to what you are feeling bro. Sad state of affairs at Landmark. They delivered the car after one month of booking. Their PDI is a joke. That's a story for another day when I have some time at hand. The delivery itself was a very pathetic experience to go through.

Glad that fiat is finally putting a plug on sales of new fiat cars.

By the way, how did your window glass break? On its own, or something banged on it?
Yes, the dealer PDI is a joke. When I was at the service center for the PDI the service manager told me I needn't have come there as they have their own internal PDI covering over 200 check points. Well I see now how well it was done.

The glass broke due to a break in attempt at a public road early morning. Usually it is crowded (LJ Road, Mahim) but unfortunately that morning it wasn't. Luckily not much of a damage. An FIR is registered and there are CCTV cameras in the area, so if the police wants they can definitely nab the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Not to alarm you, but I somehow suspect that car may have been in an accident. Can you take it to a trusted mechanic / FNG and get the body panels checked? The list you put up all somehow look like either the car was kept in the stock yard for a tad too long or was abused / not protected. Was this a demo car by any chance? How many kms did it have when you got it from the dealer?

Sorry to hear about the debacle. Wishing you miles and miles of trouble free driving.
Thanks Mad Max for the input. The odo reading was 101H at the workshop during the PDI. I don't suspect it to be involved in any accident as I was there at the workshop as soon as the car arrived. I had confronted the sales manager on why 101 km was done and I was told that it was driven from their stockyard in Vasai to Worli and then to Andheri workshop. This should be then around 85 km, so I let that be. I only suspect a manufacturing defect or as you said improper storage at the stock yard as the car manufacturing date was Aug 2016. But as per my knowledge and what the dealer told me the car is at the FCA plant and only dispatched to the dealer once the payment is done by customer.

As you have suggested maybe I need to get it inspected once from a reputed mechanic for peace of mind.

Anyone who can suggest one in Mumbai eastern suburbs? I am thinking of getting it to SK Karzone based on positive feedback here, although it is quite far off. Or should I get it to some other FASS (RS Motors, Vroome Point)?

Last edited by Lij : 23rd March 2017 at 12:14.
Old 23rd March 2017, 16:17   #3002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post

As you have suggested maybe I need to get it inspected once from a reputed mechanic for peace of mind.

Anyone who can suggest one in Mumbai eastern suburbs? I am thinking of getting it to SK Karzone based on positive feedback here, although it is quite far off. Or should I get it to some other FASS (RS Motors, Vroome Point)?
You can show to Devendra at Vroom Pointe. Good practical guy. I get my Abarth serviced with him.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 19:55   #3003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
You can show to Devendra at Vroom Pointe. Good practical guy. I get my Abarth serviced with him.
Yeah I have been to Vroom Pointe as well. Its a small facility but the people are good. Speak to Devendra and Sharad, the key people for service. The owners are also extremely down to earth guys.
thedragula is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 17:15   #3004
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post
Yeah I have been to Vroom Pointe as well. Its a small facility but the people are good. Speak to Devendra and Sharad, the key people for service. The owners are also extremely down to earth guys.

Thanks blackwasp and thedragula, on your suggestions I took my car ("Bruno") to Vroom Pointe on Saturday. I wanted to wait for a few days to confirm that my issue was resolved before putting this post up on the forum.

Met Devendra the service advisor at Vroom Pointe and he came across as a technically very competent and straight forward person. Just a few meters into the test drive he understood the issue and I was assured that it will be resolved the same day. The front right shock absorber had to be replaced in warranty and true to his words I got back Bruno the same day by 4 pm and without that irritating noise from the suspension. As for the rear wheel wobble, I was told that there are no issues on that front, mechanically now the car is very good.

Finally after 2 months and nearly 2000 kms on the odo the car runs as it should have been on day 1.

I am very happy that I found a trust worthy FASS and now not dependent on the incompetent Landmark service center. I got to know that there a few T-BHPians who get their beloved FIATs service from them.

The 2 FASS's are a study in contrast -

1. I had to visit Landmark atleast 4 times over the last 2 months to get them diagnosed with the root cause of the noise. After finding the root cause to be faulty shock absorber they then dragged along for more than a week saying they didn't have the part nor was it available at the plant. Vroom Pointe resolved the issue in 5 hours and they also had the part in stock as well. Landmark had also took more than a month to replace the discs and pads due to brake squeal.

2. Landmark has a big service center and probably with latest equipment, but the team there is technically inept. Vroom Pointe is a much smaller facility when compared and although they might not have the extensive list of equipment, they are technically very good.

3. I bought the car from Landmark dealership, but the customer service shown post the delivery was really shabby, I had been there 4 times and still they couldn't retain me as their future customer. Vroom Pointe earned a new customer in a single visit.

4. The work done at Landmark is not thorough - after they checked my front right suspension, they didn't replace back the rubber covering over the suspension mount, also the grill cowl cover was missing. This was brought to my notice at Vroom Pointe. Add to this I had mentioned in the earlier post how Landmark got some glue stuck on the paint job while replacing the rear left door window glass.

With my experience I would definitely not recommend Landmark for servicing since they are technically not good at troubleshooting the issues. Even the known issues are diagnosed and fixed by trial and error method. Unfortunately we have only one FIAT dealership in Mumbai. Vroom Pointe definitely recommended.

Incidentally today I get a call from Landmark to get my car to their service center to resolve the pending issues!!

Last edited by Lij : 29th March 2017 at 17:34.
Lij is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 21:09   #3005

@Lij, the key to maintaining a Fiat is finding a knowledgeable technician in the service centre and befriending him. There are people who get to receive training from Fiat from their factory. Getting acquainted with them is even more beneficial. I get my Fiat serviced from Austin Fiat in Kolkata. The person in charge of service and support is technically sound and I do have a good rapport with him. I don't usually take my car to the service centre unless I can reach him on phone before going.
s_scorpion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 23:00   #3006
BHPian

Hi folks. My first service(15k) of Linea TJet is due in next few weeks. Am based out of Chennai and plan to service it in RDC Ambattur as it's nearest from my house. Anyone has any reliable contacts in RDC Ambattur that I can connect with to get a good service? How's the service compared with Ramkay Velachery or Kattupakkam?

Thanks
Sriram
Old 9th May 2017, 15:16   #3007
BHPian

Guys, have some interesting news to report.

My T-Jet is in need of a fresh set of front disc rotors and pads. I got in touch with Ramkay as well as RDC and both have come back with the news that Fiat's plant itself is out of the brake parts and that their order has still not been taken up.

They expect the order to be taken up on 13th May and the parts dispatched.

Really hurting now.
Old 9th May 2017, 15:20   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post

My T-Jet is in need of a fresh set of front disc rotors and pads. I got in touch with Ramkay as well as RDC and both have come back with the news that Fiat's plant itself is out of the brake parts and that their order has still not been taken up.

Really hurting now.
Why not order from 99rpm? Available there I believe.
mrohit17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 16:02   #3009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Why not order from 99rpm? Available there I believe.
99rpm procures from Fiat post you place the order. So not helpful. Ask them to check with other co dealers who can ship this across to either Ramkay or RDC. Get it installed.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 17:27   #3010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Really hurting now.
Oh man, that is a scary piece of information. My jet is just about 3yrs old and usually drive my cars for 10yrs at least. Wonder what the future has in store :(
Old 9th May 2017, 17:30   #3011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Really hurting now.
Check Mahavir Auto on G.P. Road. They are pretty resourceful. Has got good connects within the auto parts industry.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 17:59   #3012
BHPian

I went to the store I regularly go to at G P Road and he asked me to check with S M Motors.

S M said they didn't have the original FIAT Lancia parts as there was no supply but suggested alternatives sourced from Mumbai based component manufacturers. They didn't name the companies though.
Old 11th May 2017, 19:03   #3013
BHPian

More new to report. I had written to Fiat Customer Care yesterday and was called to discuss the issue. Then, some genius there registered it as a complaint against Ramkay Fiat. I had to explain over email that the service station's grouse was that the Plant itself hasn't processed their current order for brake parts.

I made a call to Customer Care this morning to follow up and was given good advice to order from 99rpm.com . I declined politely saying I preferred buying from a manufacturer and installation at an Authorised Station.

I was rung up a short while back in response to my email and I requested the rep to call up the plant, understand the situation and offer me a speedy solution.
Old 12th May 2017, 20:42   #3014
BHPian

Hi folks. Have given my Linea Tjet for 2nd service @RDC Ambattur. The service advisor is recommending for an underbody coating in his service centre. he's quoting around 2k. I am planning to later visit 3M and take their annual package. Should I get the underbody coating also done @3M, I know 3M does a good job but not sure about FIAT service centre. Any suggestions based on personal experiences?
Old 13th May 2017, 18:08   #3015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrasri View Post
Hi folks. Have given my Linea Tjet for 2nd service @RDC Ambattur. The service advisor is recommending for an underbody coating in his service centre. he's quoting around 2k. I am planning to later visit 3M and take their annual package. Should I get the underbody coating also done @3M, I know 3M does a good job but not sure about FIAT service centre. Any suggestions based on personal experiences?
From what I know, since I know someone who works in this field, the work done would be by 3m service partners and not by Fiat guys. 3M has channel partners who have tie-ups with all these company workshops and provide 3M trained professionals who work at these workshops. The SA and the company will definitely receive commissions but the work will definitely be handled by 3M guys, same as at a 3M outlet.
I know all this because one of my close friends is the guy in charge of Chandigarh and Ludhiana.

Most Viewed