Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2016, 00:06   #2911
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Ok, so now that the gas has escaped and it is not a choked fins issue, one needs to find the source of the leak.

There is an O ring in the circuit that is prone to failure. This was more prominent in the 2011 Jets and even my Jet+ faced this. Was replaced under warranty along with the gas et all. In case your car is under warranty the get it done at the FASS otherwise WOS is very good especially if Anupam is around.

Of course it could be an entirely different reason too that has led to the situation.

Coming to the glove box, it's fitting is lopsided at best in the Jets. Don't know why but it is like that. In my case a technician by the name of 'Saud' at KF Okhla was able to fit it right whereas all other people at Balaji, Tulli, Oberoi etc failed. Trust this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Finally I tried troubleshooting the AC as suggested by Khoj. But the AC has gone kaput and did not work.
Thinking of taking to World of Service first to get their opinion and then if I find the job to be complex then to Kashyap fiat, Noida extension. Any suggestions otherwise are welcome.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 11:44   #2912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Any help will be appreciated.
My T Jet suffered from low cooling for close to a year. I ignored it though I was using the air conditioner every day. It cooled well in the morning. It was during the trip back home in the evening did the cooling suffer. The climate control had a tendency to keep the fan speeds higher as the set temperature of 24 degrees could not be reached. The blower noise was annoying too. I was avoiding a trip to Fiat cause I knew the car will have to be there for a couple of days and a general lack of confidence. I could also hear a hissing noise from the vents. This noise suggests low freon in the system. I approached a highly reputed Bosch service centre too who also needed to keep the car with them.

I took a chance and got the freon topped up from a local car air conditioner store. Was charged Rs. 1400. They also sent in some Singer sewing machine oil through the pipes, while topping up freon. I was apprehensive at first cause another FM on the dedicated Air Conditioning concerns thread advised not to add compressor oil. The system had less than 30% of freon in it. After this, everything is back to normal. The summer in my city, this year, has been pretty bad.

A change post freon top up that I noticed was the radiator fan working over time during the evening run home. If the car is in bumper to bumper traffic, the fan spins up to the higher speed. I noticed this at the time they were topping up freon too. The radiator fan has not switched to a higher speed in a long time. I assume this has more to do with freon now circulating in the system in full flow and some inefficiency in the heat exchanger due to age. The color of the hear exchanger has turned brown due to age and dirt. It is difficult to access too cause it sits deep inside. You need to remove the front radiator grill if you want to give it a proper water wash. Not a immediate cause for concern. Engine temperature is in the safe zone.

I did fear a slow leak cause that is when things get complicated. Fortunately; the car continues to cool well post the freon top up which was done two months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
There is an O ring in the circuit that is prone to failure.
Where is the location of this O ring, and what is it? I assume it is some washer of sorts made out of metal or rubber.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 12:37   #2913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
In case your car is under warranty the get it done at the FASS otherwise WOS is very good especially if Anupam is around.
I am badly divided in my mind as to go to Kashyap Fiat or WOS , but the line above from your side is a lot helpful and I might think of going to WOS and make sure that I meet Anupam there and see what they say , then make a decision as to whether I should go with them or Kashyap. But I trust your words above and will surely give it a shot. I will let Anupam know my skepticism based on mixed reviews I have read here about people's experience with WOS.
Old 6th June 2016, 11:12   #2914
BHPian

An update of my AC work: Got it done from World Of Service, sector 63 Noida. As suggested by forum members, met Anupam and the problem was diagnosed to the cooling coil.
I went there on Monday. Anupam went out of the way to get my car done on Tuesday and deliver it to me on Wednesday, despite Tuesday being a holiday for them. The dashboard was dis-assembled and the cooling coil replaced. The AC is a chiller now. But, there seems to be some problem with the engine not starting in a single self as it did before AC service compared to now. And one or two niggles related to stereo not fitted properly in slot.
Hence, I am in an observational mode right now for the car, hence not writing a detailed review/report here. I will surely write one, post this Saturday once I am sure that the car has no issues post AC work and Radiator cleaning that was carried out by WOS noida. Hold on for the detailed review on the entire job done and my satisfaction levels, bill amount etc. I got the following jobs done: AC cooling coil replace, radiator flushing, interior dry cleaning.
Old 11th June 2016, 12:34   #2915
BHPian

Update on the TJet variants production. Before finalizing on my next purchase I wanted to give the Fiat once final chance to see how it copes up against the Honda's. Always have a soft corner for Fiat after my wonderful experience with my erstwhile Linea.

To my surprise it looks like Fiat has discontinued Dynamic and Active models of the TJET. Normally this is not a problem but the Emotion model exceeds 10L boundary by 20K pushing the Tax Slab to 15% and the TCS tax of 1%.Also Linea MJD Active model is now discontinued.

From discussion with the sales person it looks like Fiat is retooling their Factory for Jeep production and they are making only a few Linea in a made to order basis. Hence they have discontinued some variants.

Unfortunately for Fiat, both the Honda SV and V variants of the iVtec falls within 10L boundary in Tamil Nadu. Then again it is not really a problem for Fiat since Honda buyers does not even seem to know that Fiat/Linea exists. In my time spent in the Honda showroom there were 15 buyers who booked the City and after having a chat with 3 of them, one did not know Fiat still existed in India, other one knew Fiat-Padmini and has seen the 'punto' somewhere and the final one has heard that Fiat cars are safe . All of them booked the City without even a Test Drive and everyone booked the iVtec.
Aceman82 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 08:22   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
Update on the TJet variants production. In my time spent in the Honda showroom there were 15 buyers who booked the City and after having a chat with 3 of them, one did not know Fiat still existed in India.
You are not one of those unaware, ill informes buyers, of course. As somebody who was in the market with similar kind of money, I can feel your pain. Only the Linea has a steering, chassis, suspension combo that no other car in the segment has. For a true driving enthusiast, it is the best car for that money.
I would request you not to even consider the Honda. It is apalling in all the departments compared to the Linea, except for the ever non relevant, over hyped fuel economy.
I considered only Linea and Fiesta and ended up buying the Fiesta for its superior handling. As it was not as quick, being a diesel, as the TJet, I made up my mind to get it remapped which I have got done by ToT and boy its something now.
I might have got the TJet remapped too at one point, had I bought one. Just imagine that capable chassis with 130+ horses, ummm.. heaven.
I would say consider the Emotion for once. It has got 16" wheels with fatter tyres and leather seats. If not, I am sure you will get Dynamic too, just enquire with more dealers around your place.
Mate, my car was one of the last Fiestas ever sold in the country, and I am loving it. Spares, service is top notch! It really doesn't matter if production of more such cars is stopped, as long as you get what you really want. Goinh for anything else would be a compromise.
itsashishsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 11:02   #2917
BHPian

One small query: I have heard that FASS provides a report on a vehicle's service history. Is the service history synced across all service centres, i.e, if a vehicle is serviced in a FASS in one city, will the FASS in any other city be able to access it?
Old 14th June 2016, 11:50   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
One small query: I have heard that FASS provides a report on a vehicle's service history. Is the service history synced across all service centres, i.e, if a vehicle is serviced in a FASS in one city, will the FASS in any other city be able to access it?
Should be available to all dealers uniformly as it's a central system. So whether you service in another dealer or another city shouldn't make a difference.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 13:16   #2919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I too found out the same recently when I switched the servicing from one service center to another. To check what all was done in my last service and recommend accordingly , the service advisor pulled details for my car from their computer and voila, all details of jobs performed were available and I was pleasantly surprised. Just in case you have been always going to service centers to get things done, I think all details will be aggregated in their central database, if you go somewhere else, then its a different story.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 23:44   #2920
BHPian

Hi All,
Has any one recently upgraded the ICE and speakers? I have gone through the posts but they are 2-3 years old.
I am planning to upgrade ICE in my tjet sometime next month or whenever I have sufficient vitamin M.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 10:15   #2921
BHPian

On the same note :
- Can the new headset on the 125S be put in the existing tjets ?
- Can the ECU be remapped to 125 PS ?

Anyone whos' tried it or asked the Fiat Service Centers ?
Old 18th July 2016, 12:44   #2922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Hi All,
Has any one recently upgraded the ICE and speakers? I have gone through the posts but they are 2-3 years old.
I am planning to upgrade ICE in my tjet sometime next month or whenever I have sufficient vitamin M.
Sure. Kenwood single din HU with faceplate sourced from aliexpress. polk comps in the front, plk coaxs in the rear and a kicker sub in the boot. one jbl 4channel amp and a jvc mono amp.
Old 18th July 2016, 12:55   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Same head unit, Infinity Kappa comps (front), Infinity Kappa coax (rear), Hertz 4 channel amp under front passenger seat, and some serious dynamat/dampmat sound damping. A sub would be nice, but not felt the need for it.
Old 18th July 2016, 13:07   #2924
BHPian

Thanks deathwlkr and keoo1099.
Please share more details like model no etc. How happy are you withe the output?
I might go for HU, comps and coax replacement for now and add sub later.
Old 18th July 2016, 14:04   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks deathwlkr and keoo1099.
Please share more details like model no etc. How happy are you withe the output?
I might go for HU, comps and coax replacement for now and add sub later.
I just realised my install is about 2 years old !!

I am more than happy with the sound, and I am listening to 320kbps off a 16GB pen drive. (Sacrilege, I know, but convenience of playing 2000 odd songs on shuffle play was too strong) I find that the stock head unit is the limiting factor, and I had to set the gain on the amp to zero to get a decent volume adjustment on the head unit without it starting to crack very early on in the range. With all the sound damping, I don't have to crank It a lot, usually 10-12, max 20 on the HU and it plays loud enough for me. The speakers took a loooong time to break in, but have settled in nicely now. The sound satisfies the detail freak in me, but the bass is a bit loose because it is set to max on the HU. Fader has a slight rear bias.

Speakers : Infinity Kappa 62.11, I don't remember the rear
Amp: Hertz HE4

Hope that helps.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks