Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2012, 10:01   #1081
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Was this colour always available on the T-Jet ? Saw this car outside the Tata Motors plant yesterday (in the parking).

Loved the colour. It really did stand out.
No this color was not available. None of the blue ones were available. I guess this is the same car that was showcased in one of the auto expo.

May be they should introduce this color once they launch refreshed Linea.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2012, 10:03   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was this colour always available on the T-Jet ? Saw this car outside the Tata Motors plant yesterday (in the parking).

Nope. It was available only on the Punto till 2010.

This particular T Jet was used by the ex CEO Rajeev Kapoor.

The color is called Electric Blue.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:00   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This color wasn't available on Linea, leave aside Tjet. This is a 2012 face lift Linea color.
Old 22nd December 2012, 12:45   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

This color wasn't available on Linea, leave aside Tjet. This is a 2012 face lift Linea color.
That's correct. It's the Ocean Blue shade that was introduced in 2012 facelift.
Old 22nd December 2012, 14:34   #1085
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post

True, but I remember reading in some other thread here about this blue TJet owned by the ex-CEO. Infact, there were even some pictures/videos of him with the said car. Maybe it was a one-off number.
Old 22nd December 2012, 14:59   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post

This is not oceanic blue, you can see fiat india website and compare. OB is much darker shade.
This is electric blue that was available in punto before 2011. I think the tjet was custom coloured for CEO.
Arkesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2013, 23:50   #1087
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

For all those interested in a T-Jet+ and couldn't get their hands on one, here is a delicious proposition : I just spotted this ad on team-bhp classifieds. -
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...at/Linea.html/

From what is mentioned in the ad, this gentleman is going abroad and is selling his T-Jet+. For those of you who want to negotiate and pickup this piece at a bargain, please do so. It would be a far better option than picking up some rotting old stocks in the dealer yards.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
True, but I remember reading in some other thread here about this blue TJet owned by the ex-CEO. Infact, there were even some pictures/videos of him with the said car. Maybe it was a one-off number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
This is not oceanic blue, you can see fiat india website and compare. OB is much darker shade.
This is electric blue that was available in punto before 2011. I think the tjet was custom coloured for CEO.
True. This color was electric blue available on pre-2012 Puntos.
This is OT, but I cannot for the life of me understand or support such moves by a CEO. If he is a really principled guy, let him use whatever the rest of the buyers get in showrooms. Can I also order a Punto with canary yellow color which used to come with S10? Why should he tweak and bend the rules to color the vehicle to his liking? Absolute thumbs down for this custom-production move from me.

Last edited by KarthikK : 6th January 2013 at 23:57.
Old 7th January 2013, 00:05   #1088
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
For all those interested in a T-Jet+ and couldn't get their hands on one, here is a delicious proposition : I just spotted this ad on team-bhp classifieds. -

From what is mentioned in the ad, this gentleman is going abroad and is selling his T-Jet+. For those of you who want to negotiate and pickup this piece at a bargain, please do so. It would be a far better option than picking up some rotting old stocks in the dealer yards.
Isn't the price quite a bit on the higher side for a 2 year old Petrol car that didn't do too well?

How much would you get a new one for after all the discounts?
Old 7th January 2013, 00:10   #1089
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Isn't the price quite a bit on the higher side for a 2 year old Petrol car that didn't do too well?

A tad bit high, yes . The most recent new ones (old stock) were registered for around the same price, and there aren't any more new ones left. Considering he is relocating and could possibly be in a hurry, a bit of bargaining might tilt the scales in favour of the buyer. I hardly ever see this model on sale anywhere in the used car scene, so it is quite hard to come up with an expected price for this variant.

At 7L I would still favour such a moderately used car which was being maintained / used by a responsible owner, rather than an old one lying in the yard biting dust for 2 years.

Last edited by KarthikK : 7th January 2013 at 00:18.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 01:41   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... that didn't do too well?
Considering the herd mentality, yes.

But show me ONE Tjet on sale 'by choice' in the used car market! That is the truest test of a car's success.
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 10:09   #1091
BHPian

Quote:

But show me ONE Tjet on sale 'by choice' in the used car market! That is the truest test of a car's success.
Spot on! I do regret now that I didn't buy one when had chance.
Old 7th January 2013, 22:01   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The new Tjet+ was going for 8.7 Lakhs on road Bangalore (may be you would get another 10-15K if one had bargained hard).

Quote:
A tad bit high, yes . The most recent new ones (old stock) were registered for around the same price, and there aren't any more new ones left. Considering he is relocating and could possibly be in a hurry, a bit of bargaining might tilt the scales in favour of the buyer. I hardly ever see this model on sale anywhere in the used car scene, so it is quite hard to come up with an expected price for this variant.

At 7L I would still favour such a moderately used car which was being maintained / used by a responsible owner, rather than an old one lying in the yard biting dust for 2 years.
At 7L for a moderately used Tjet+ is not a bad price. May be 6-6.5L would have been perfect.

Quote:

+100. This is the first one that I am coming across that is up for sale.
Old 8th January 2013, 08:36   #1093
BHPian

Quote:

This looks a decent deal considering you get factory leather seats, 16" alloys (all 5), fat rubber, increased GC compared to normal Tjet but can be negotiated a little more since the owner is relocating.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 13:17   #1094
Senior - BHPian

One thing that sets the stocks of FIAT cars lying with the dealers apart from those of other makes is that 100% of the Linea's stocks are parked indoors from the day of receipt to the day of invoicing/delivery. This makes a humongous difference to the overall condition of the cars from when the vehicles are parked in open dust fields masquerading as stockyards.

I found this to be true when looking for a TJet+ earlier in August - September of 2012. All of the dealers in NCR & MH that I visited were complying with this arrangement. Sometimes slow sales (less numbers) do have hidden benefits. The dealer that I eventually bough my vehicle from had 2x2011 + 4x 2010 TJet+s stocked on the first floor of his showroom cum warehouse. Last heard he had 2x 2010 left with him towards the turn of the calendar. In fact at many a dealerships I found the test drive TJets also parked indoors, away from inquisitive eyes.

Quote:
Old 8th January 2013, 13:25   #1095
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
One thing that sets the stocks of FIAT cars lying with the dealers apart from those of other makes is that 100% of the Linea's stocks are parked indoors from the day of receipt to the day of invoicing/delivery. This makes a humongous difference to the overall condition of the cars from when the vehicles are parked in open dust fields masquerading as stockyards.
A rare occurrence . All the dealers here park them under the open, and not many dealers want to spend money to provide sheltering for a large open area. I have personally seen KHT motors and Concorde motors stockyards here not discriminating between a nano and a T-Jet+. Prerana motors parked Lineas under a sheltered area (with some sheet shelter) in the yard, but that was also part of the same open yard.

Quote:
The dealer that I eventually bough my vehicle from had 2x2011 + 4x 2010 TJet+s stocked on the first floor of his showroom cum warehouse. Last heard he had 2x 2010 left with him towards the turn of the calendar. In fact at many a dealerships I found the test drive TJets also parked indoors, away from inquisitive eyes.
Lucky you! He seems to have a lot of money to spend on indoor space like this. Not many dealers would want to invest money in constructing something like this, for what is considered to be temporary storage space for cars which will move out in a few days. If I was a dealer, I wouldn't think differently either.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th January 2013 at 13:28.

Most Viewed