Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2013, 11:52   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Prices are still not out as per the update from this morning. Additionally have been told that they plan on opening bookings etc as well as Test drives only in June now alongside the Abarth. If this is accurate then the prices might not be out for a while. Very irritating.
Old 19th April 2013, 02:20   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Prices are still not out as per the update from this morning. Additionally have been told that they plan on opening bookings etc as well as Test drives only in June now alongside the Abarth. If this is accurate then the prices might not be out for a while. Very irritating.
Abarth kits for the Jet as well. You serious?
Old 19th April 2013, 08:44   #1158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Abarth kits for the Jet as well. You serious?
Since Abarth tunes petrol and turbo petrol engines (mainly T-Jet), I think Abarth kits will be easiest to install on a T-Jet - perhaps a remap and a bigger turbo/intercooler should do the job on the Indian Linea T-Jet, bumping the power from 115 bhp to 155 or whatever our European cousins are running (just wishing ).
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 09:34   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Since Abarth tunes petrol and turbo petrol engines (mainly T-Jet), I think Abarth kits will be easiest to install on a T-Jet - perhaps a remap and a bigger turbo/intercooler should do the job on the Indian Linea T-Jet, bumping the power from 115 bhp to 155 or whatever our European cousins are running (just wishing ).
I guess there are already 2 Tjets in Bangalore which I am aware of that is running on a remap with no other mods already running at 150 bhp. So the mulitair too should do good with a remap.

Karthik, do you want a remap for the Tjet too.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 11:10   #1160
Senior - BHPian

When I inquired about remap for TJet, I was told the improved specs would be 140 bhp/300 nm. I'm sure Abarth can do a better job than that!
Old 19th April 2013, 13:13   #1161
Senior - BHPian

This better not be a joke. Could the two of you provide more details on this please !
If this is for real it will result in Tjets turning in to Wolves in Sheep's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I guess there are already 2 Tjets in Bangalore which I am aware of that is running on a remap with no other mods already running at 150 bhp. So the mulitair too should do good with a remap.

Karthik, do you want a remap for the Tjet too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
When I inquired about remap for TJet, I was told the improved specs would be 140 bhp/300 nm. I'm sure Abarth can do a better job than that!

Last edited by khoj : 19th April 2013 at 13:20.
Old 19th April 2013, 13:45   #1162
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am contemplating on buying a Dynamic variant of Tjet.
What do you think will be the price? (On road BLR - I know just speculation)
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:48   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
This better not be a joke. Could the two of you provide more details on this please !
If this is for real it will result in Tjets turning in to Wolves in Sheep's clothing
I too need that information. Not that I am dissatisfied with my car, but would certainly want my T-Jet to do what it is meant for. With this a near upgrade will be no lesser than the Beemer 3 ! .
I feel that the dynamics can do much better than what it is doing right now (read abarth super sports).

One question considering my naive knowledge about tuning, if the remap is done then wouldn't the adulterated fuel will have more negative effect on engine.
Recently I went to Wayanad and filled up at a HP petrol bunk and I must say the performance dropped considerably. After reaching home I saw good amount of carbon deposit on the exhaust tip. This happened for the first time, think the worst fuel I have ever bought.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 22nd April 2013 at 13:55.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 11:07   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Will need to wait and see if this turns out to be accurate , i am not giving any benefit of the doubt to Fiat given the stunt they pulled in May but On cars reports comeback in May.

"We already knew that Fiat India has made the smart decision of getting back its Linea T-Jet in production soon, when we saw the official Fiat website updated with the performance oriented sedan. Now however, according to reports we hear that the Linea T-Jet is getting ready for a comeback that is slated to undergo in May 2013. And when it does, it will still be powered by a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine. "
Old 3rd May 2013, 22:47   #1165
Senior - BHPian

TULI FIAT Raja Garden, West Delhi request for Feedback/Review

One of the shock absorber mounts in my Linea's boot lid has become dislodged. The vehicle was sent to Kashyap motors as they have very positive reviews and are also the nearest A.S.C. to my place. They checked and advised that the assembly would have to be replaced but did not have the part in stock and quoted a wait time of 10 working days. I do not want to drive around with a non working part however small it might be so got on the horn & half a dozen calls later and it emerged that Tuli Fiat in Raja Garden have the part in stock.

I am a bit finicky when it comes to service centres and therefore would like to gather some feedback on this particular service provider i.e. Tuli Fiat before I let them handle my car. If any one current or ex FIAT owner has availed their services please do share your experience here.
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:35   #1166
Team-BHP Support

Re: TULI FIAT Raja Garden, West Delhi request for Feedback/Review

Why don't you pickup the spare part from Tuli Fiat or whoever it is that has it in stock, and then get it fitted at Kashyap??

If Tuli asks why you want the spare part over the counter, you can say you want to fix it yourself at home and learn. They cannot object to that.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 22:35   #1167
BHPian

Fuel query: are there any (dis)advantages to using the premium variant over the regular shell petrol?

I ask this because the Polo-TSI thread has a post that mentions something about the engine not liking the additives in the premium variant. Wondering if there's a similar observation here.
Old 11th May 2013, 07:05   #1168
BHPian

I did try speed several times in my TJet and noticed some strange behaviour. It was like the car didn't like it.
Old 11th May 2013, 11:37   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Fuel query: are there any (dis)advantages to using the premium variant over the regular shell petrol?

I ask this because the Polo-TSI thread has a post that mentions something about the engine not liking the additives in the premium variant. Wondering if there's a similar observation here.
I thought this issue was settled a long time back? Premium fuel sold in our country is just a marketing gimmick. You'd do a huge favour on any engine by filling ONLY normal fuel. However if you really are a stickler for additives, go for System G/D separately. I used that extensively in my Getz and found it to be lot better than premium petrol.

I was told personally by T/FASS NOT to fuel up with 'premium petrol' by the way.
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 15:44   #1170
Senior - BHPian

LOL KarthikK good one. I went to Tuli motors in Raja Garden, New Delhi.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-1dsc03727.jpg

They replaced both of the boot lid struts under warranty & gave the Jet an overall general checkup. All in all a very good experience.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-1dsc03732.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Why don't you pickup the spare part from Tuli Fiat or whoever it is that has it in stock, and then get it fitted at Kashyap??

Shell premium is just like Speed or Power i.e. shell unleaded + additives. Shell regular itself by virtue of the acceptable specifications @ Shell has a RON higher than the standard 91 available at PSU pumps. I found Shell unleaded to be at par with the 93 RON fuel that I buy from IOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post

I believe this is a very subjective topic and will never be settled.
In view of the millions of dollars of additives being bought by the PSU oil companies calling these fuels a Gimmick is unfair. After all they buy these from some of the leading refiners and additive manufacturers like Chevron, Lubrizol amongst others.

Many of my friends fill up say Rs.500 bucks worth of Xtra and then proceed to fill up the rest of the tank with regular fuel. They find the engine response to be better than when the tank is filled up only with normal fuel.

I myself switched to 93RON from IOC after the nearby Shell pump shut down. Of course I experimented with about a dozen odd tank fulls of Speed, Power and the like. Did consider the system G also but the math was the same as buying premium fuel and honestly for some reason I could not bring myself to trust the stuff filled in those small bottles what with all sorts of spurious stuff being peddled. Further my thought was, that instead of adding a cleaner and an octane booster why not get better quality fuel itself. With this I filled 93 RON from IOC and then never looked back, both the Jet and the Mitsubishi are different beasts with the higher octane fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I thought this issue was settled a long time back? Premium fuel sold in our country is just a marketing gimmick. You'd do a huge favour on any engine by filling ONLY normal fuel. However if you really are a stickler for additives, go for System G/D separately. I used that extensively in my Getz and found it to be lot better than premium petrol.

I was told personally by T/FASS NOT to fuel up with 'premium petrol' by the way.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks