Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2013, 17:05   #1096
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Lucky you! He seems to have a lot of money to spend on indoor space like this. Not many dealers would want to invest money in constructing something like this, for what is considered to be temporary storage space for cars which will move out in a few days. If I was a dealer, I wouldn't think differently either.
This could be lack of enough space to park the cars in the open space. Upper floor parking can reduce the rent compared to the open space if the numbers of cars are not too high. Just my thought, may not be entirely true.

Of all the stockyards for FIAT in Bangalore, Prerana seems to have the better of the lot, though its an open yard.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 17:30   #1097
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Considering the herd mentality, yes.

But show me ONE Tjet on sale 'by choice' in the used car market! That is the truest test of a car's success.
The car is good. But one of the reason why it is not found often in used car market is bad resale. Linea itself does not hold value, and petrol takes its value further down.
Bangalore has one of the highest prices in used car market. Here a used 2010 Honda city can be purchased for less than 5.5 lakhs. It will be very difficult to get even 5 lakhs. So, people are less inclined to sell it.
Old 10th January 2013, 15:42   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
For all those interested in a T-Jet+ and couldn't get their hands on one, here is a delicious proposition : I just spotted this ad on team-bhp classifieds. -
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...at/Linea.html/
Did any BHPian check out the car... Looks too good for 6L but the owner may just consider it low balling considering offer is for 7.5L
Old 10th January 2013, 18:27   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Bangalore has one of the highest prices in used car market. Here a used 2010 Honda city can be purchased for less than 5.5 lakhs. It will be very difficult to get even 5 lakhs. So, people are less inclined to sell it.
If the value is high compared to others, wont the users be more inclined to sell (just considering the statement). May be, takers will be less for that price?

But I agree, people here in Bangalore buy cars @ high price and hence the selling price expectation is also high.
Old 10th January 2013, 18:44   #1100
Senior - BHPian

With regards to the yard, all yards in Chennai are open, with all harsh elements of nature showering upon the car day in and day out. And Fiats are not given any special treatment.
Old 10th January 2013, 18:47   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Nope. It was available only on the Punto till 2010.

This particular T Jet was used by the ex CEO Rajeev Kapoor.

The color is called Electric Blue.

FYI the ex-CEO Rajeev Kapoor used to drive a maroon Bravo 1.9 MJD!

I've driven the TJet, given the fact I drive a Palio 1.6 too, its a steal in any price you see now

Its a addictive car and you will wonder why people care to buy other expensive sedans!!

You will never miss out of Fun and adrenaline while driving this beast

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th January 2013 at 10:31. Reason: Back to back posts.
rudrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 17:18   #1102
BHPian

Last week drove my friends Linea who is a bhpian to Delhi from Dombivli and guys this car is amazing.The turbo past 2000 RPM is so addictive, its amazing fun to drive and its fuel efficient as well, for the entire journey AC usage almost 50 % car managed 14 Km/liter not bad for such a monster. And one of the stretch before Jaipur i drove between 80 to 90 km/hr and the mileage was 18 km/lit, but to keep this beast at such speeds is very difficult. The breaks ,secure feeling the powerful AC the comfort is amazing for the class. I just hope Fiat to plonk this engine into Punto which is 150 kg lighter than Linea .
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 23:55   #1103
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tjet will be back on sale from April. This was confirmed by Mr. Enrico Antanasio when the question regarding Tjet was raised. The pricing of Tjet is also being looked at, along with the variants to create a wider appeal.

This would be introduced after the stand alone sales network goes live from April.
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 00:18   #1104
BHPian

I just clocked 10000 kms on my Tjet+ which I got in end July 2012. Things are going great so far. One minor issue of fuel lid jamming which was rectified.

Now I noticed something coming down the 36 hairpin bends of ooty-masinagudi. I wanted to leave the car on 2nd and just come down without applying brakes or using accelerator. I noticed that the car was initially at about 1600 odd rpm and slowly started picking up revs and speed.. It went all the way to 4k rpm before I ran out of road. All this with zero accelerator input.

In other cars, the revs don't climb like this. In a scorpio, for instance, I am usually at less than 2k rpm and the engine doesn't let the car pick speed.

Isnt that how it is supposed to be?
Old 16th March 2013, 14:18   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post

Now I noticed something coming down the 36 hairpin bends of ooty-masinagudi. I wanted to leave the car on 2nd and just come down without applying brakes or using accelerator. I noticed that the car was initially at about 1600 odd rpm and slowly started picking up revs and speed.. It went all the way to 4k rpm before I ran out of road. All this with zero accelerator input.

In other cars, the revs don't climb like this. In a scorpio, for instance, I am usually at less than 2k rpm and the engine doesn't let the car pick speed.

Isnt that how it is supposed to be?
The car will pick up speed and RPM if the gradient is more. You were going downhill in 2nd gear right?
It depends on the gear ratio how much the engine will retard the speed while going downhill.
Arkesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 15:29   #1106
BHPian

If someone knows the slope in Accenture office building in Banerghatta road. There is an inclined slope which u need to climb before parking the car into Oracle's Parking bay.
My TJet was able to climb that slope in idle in first gear without any judder or vibration. Those who know that building will get to know what I am talking about.

Here is my sparkling linea after I gave her quick Sonax job.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-linea_t_jet_1.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-linea_t_jet_4.jpg  

Speed Pujari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 17:13   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The Tjet will be back on sale from April. This was confirmed by Mr. Enrico Antanasio when the question regarding Tjet was raised. The pricing of Tjet is also being looked at, along with the variants to create a wider appeal.

This would be introduced after the stand alone sales network goes live from April.
Hi Krishna,

How true/authentic is this news? Have you been able to confirm this with any of the dealers? I am seriously considering this beast
Old 17th March 2013, 22:26   #1108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Hi Krishna,

How true/authentic is this news? Have you been able to confirm this with any of the dealers? I am seriously considering this beast
On questioning Mr. Enrico about the fate of Tjet, he mentioned it being relaunched on the first April with additional variants and lower pricing to ensure the car appeals to a wider segment.

The Vecto motors have told me, they will call me once they get the stock of 2013 Tjets.

OT: Please pm me, if you need any help in picking up the Tjet.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 17th March 2013 at 22:31.
Old 18th March 2013, 00:20   #1109
BHPian

On the relaunch of Linea T-jet, I spoke to a couple of dealers in NCR and they both confirmed that T-jet is coming back but they were equally sure that it won't be in April. As per them, if Fiat was to introduce T-jet in April then dealers would have received the intimation by now. As per Kashyap, it will happen around June and as per Oberoi, it will happen around July/August. So, I don't think it is coming in April. I hope I am proved wrong and Fiat launches it next month.
Old 18th March 2013, 02:45   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know that Tjet is coming back up on sale, there are still some petrol heads left who would go for this against the diesel sedans. Wish my running was less, would have happily traded in my now Cng'd Linea for the Tjet

I never got a chance to drive it but the way even a regular 1.4 Linea takes off after 3000 rpm and sticks to road like a leech, i can only drool how it would be with meaty tyres, 16" wheels and all around discs.
I can go on to say that if and when FIAT launches the 1.6 MJD, i will trade in my Vento for only that brilliant, precise, lovely steering and the suspension setup.

Launch it Fiat

Last edited by coolboy007 : 18th March 2013 at 02:47.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks