Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2012, 17:44   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

The guys at Oberoi motors are a bunch of ar$eh@!*$. They wasted two weeks of my time and then right on the dot as I was giving them the cheque started offering me a diesel (2011) emotion pack that is in their stocks and then completely reneged on the deal for the TJet+.

The Sterling motors bit seems to have escaped ny attention as I checked the availability of the TJet+ with each and every dealer including Sanaa motors who are defunct as of now.

There is a TW TJet+ available with Triumph motors of Faridabad. Do not touch that car as it has a dubious history.

As of last count about two weeks ago the plant had 5~6 TJets left in stock and as already posted by parimal_g above, the dealer in Kalyan has 1 of 2011 vintage left. He actually had two but thanks to parimal_g I got the Bronzo Scuro for myself last week and loved every bit of the 1500 odd kilometer drive to Dilli, eating all the other fuddy duddies on the way munching them and spitting them out of the TJet+'s exhaust. WooHooo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
There is one available at Mumbai Dealer 1 Tuscan wine T jet plus. If anyone interested i can help you for it.One of the t Bhp Member got it from him and he stays in Delhi.
Did not realize you had already narrated the story. Great going and hope the remaining Jets find pilots who love and appreciate them just the way they deserve.

Last edited by khoj : 7th October 2012 at 18:07.
khoj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 18:19   #977
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

I am finally a proud member of Team BHP. For last two months I had been a regular visitor on this forum and was highly impressed by the professional knowledge, unbiased and objective assessment and helpful attitude of the members. With the help of views, reviews and user inputs from knowledgeable members of the forum I finalised the car to meet my requirements and recently bought the Linea T-Jet. The review by GTO was great and really helped me in taking an unambiguous decision. I would like to express my gratitude to the members and contribute something to this wonderful forum with my little experience.

I took the delivery of my BNW T-Jet Plus on 18 Sep. I had done the booking on 25 Aug and the car came from the Fiat plant. The car reached Trivandrum on 06 Sep but there was some delay in delivery due to some invoice issues. Finally the car was delivered on 18 Sep. My OTR price worked out to around 8L. The experience with the dealership, Mohandas Motors, was OK. I have so far driven only 650 km. The experience so far has been great.

The pros and cons of T-Jet are well documented in the thread. I feel it is a beautiful car, has great riding and handling, good feedback from the steering and a turbocharged engine! It has addressed the problem of inadequate power and ground clearance of earlier Lineas. It comes with great amount of features as well. Safety aspects are taken good care of with airbags, ABS, engine immobilizer etc. And I just love its 16" alloys, 205/55 tyres. The great discounts going on were just too tempting. It is a great fun to drive car as well. Oh, there are too many good things in its favour. I have previously owned Indica and Santro. The other cars I considered before finalising T-Jet were Cedia and Fiesta Classic. I once thank the BHPians in helping me make the right decision.
skm1967 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 19:53   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
There is a TW TJet+ available with Triumph motors of Faridabad. Do not touch that car as it has a dubious history.
What is the dubious history ? I have seen the car and was planning to buy it !
Old 7th October 2012, 20:37   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Even at Kalyan at Balaji Motors they have three TJets left and one is tuscan wine which is 2011 and has H in odometer and other two are FTA which are 2010 make. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Hope you can work some magic for the Wine for me

BTW, what "has H in odometer" mean? Didn't understand that.
Old 7th October 2012, 22:01   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post

Yes, sure we will try for best and the real magic is T Jet and the Tempting discounts. Am still waiting for your SMS. H on Odometer means the car has not used, H remains till 200 Km and there is no option to reset it.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 22:10   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The 'H' on the odometer means that the car is new. The dealer will have the option to reset the Odo only once when the 'H' is displayed (or the odo is 200 or less). After the reset, the 'H' will remain only till 200 again. It will automatically disappear after 200.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 00:01   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda

The 'H' on the odometer means that the car is new. The dealer will have the option to reset the Odo only once when the 'H' is displayed (or the odo is 200 or less). After the reset, the 'H' will remain only till 200 again. It will automatically disappear after 200.
A correction, after a reset, there is no H, the odo just starts from 0. Just that the dealer can reset it to 0 while the H is being displayed till 199 kms on the odo.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:24   #983
Senior - BHPian

I think the whole World has seen this TW TJet+ I saw it too and my only test drive for a TJet+ was in this particular vehicle, infact I also came very close to buying it at a huge discount until a very reliable source tipped me off that the vehicle had been used/abused as an organ donor on more than one occasion. This was the deal breaker for me, even though I was willing to ignore the small chip on the hood and the shoddy installation of the after market parking sensors. The odo meter though had a genuine H 94 odd Kms. read out when I last checked it in late August.

I would recommend that you work with Techno motors at Dwarka or even Tayal again in Faridabad to order a fresh car from the plant. On last count in mid September there were 5 odd units still available at the plant. In yet another post people are talking about a couple of TJet+ being available with Sterling motors(erstwhile Tata dealers) but I have my doubts, no harm in checking though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
What is the dubious history ? I have seen the car and was planning to buy it !

Last edited by khoj : 8th October 2012 at 12:28.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:33   #984
BHPian

Quote:
I think the whole World has seen this TW TJet+ I saw it too and my only test drive for a TJet+ was in this particular vehicle, infact I also came very close to buying it at a huge discount until a very reliable source tipped me off that the vehicle had been used/abused as an organ donor on more than one occasion. This was the deal breaker for me, even though I was willing to ignore the small chip on the hood and the shoddy installation of the after market parking sensors. The odo meter though had a genuine H 94 odd Kms. read out when I last checked it in late August.

I would recommend that you work with Techno motors at Dwarka or even Tayal again in Faridabad to order a fresh car from the plant. On last count in mid September there were 5 odd units still available at the plant. In yet another post people are talking about a couple of TJet+ being available with Sterling motors(erstwhile Tata dealers) but I have my doubts, no harm in checking though.
Talk about close shaves. I have already paid a small booking amount of 5K for this car. My loan is also approved and pending disbursal. Just that I had asked them to hold on for a few more days so that the dealer can fix the minor scratches on the car and I can do a full PDI.

The dealer had mentioned that this car was used as a display car and NOT a test drive car - which sounded reasonable to me as they already had another TJet as the designated TD car.

The organ-donor story is scary though. Do you know which parts were replaced , or any other details ?

Last edited by ZBlue : 8th October 2012 at 12:42.
Old 8th October 2012, 13:03   #985
Senior - BHPian

This was not their test drive vehicle. This car was prepared for another customer who on the day of delivery changed his mind and bought a Safari instead. we were given a TD in this as this was the only TJet+ in the showroom. They did mention another unit available in SunBeam Beige colour standing in their stockyard. We however were not keen on golden colour as the car that was being replaced was also in Gold shade.

As long as you are satisfied with the vehicle that is all that matters. Mechanically the car was super when I and my friend drove it for approx 4-5 kilometres. It was one of the drivers at the dealership who tipped us, it was purely coincidental that he earlier worked in my friend's factory and is now with this dealer. We did not get any more details from him, neither did we press him for more.

Once they have taken care of the vehicle cosmetically to your satisfaction, I suggest that you get them to change all the major liquids viz. engine oil, gearbox oil, coolant and the brake+clutch hydraulic fluid. All liquids have a shelf life and the car has been standing around since almost an year plus. I too got this done for my vehicle and my dealer was more than happy to get this done, FOC.

Quote:
Talk about close shaves. I have already paid a small booking amount of 5K for this car. My loan is also approved and pending disbursal. Just that I had asked them to hold on for a few more days so that the dealer can fix the minor scratches on the car and I can do a full PDI.

The dealer had mentioned that this car was used as a display car and NOT a test drive car - which sounded reasonable to me as they already had another TJet as the designated TD car.

The organ-donor story is scary though. Do you know which parts were replaced , or any other details ?
Old 8th October 2012, 13:17   #986
BHPian

Quote:
This was not their test drive vehicle. This car was prepared for another customer who on the day of delivery changed his mind and bought a Safari instead. we were given a TD in this as this was the only TJet+ in the showroom. They did mention another unit available in SunBeam Beige colour standing in their stockyard. We however were not keen on golden colour as the car that was being replaced was also in Gold shade.

As long as you are satisfied with the vehicle that is all that matters. Mechanically the car was super when I and my friend drove it for approx 4-5 kilometres. It was one of the drivers at the dealership who tipped us, it was purely coincidental that he earlier worked in my friend's factory and is now with this dealer. We did not get any more details from him, neither did we press him for more.

Once they have taken care of the vehicle cosmetically to your satisfaction, I suggest that you get them to change all the major liquids viz. engine oil, gearbox oil, coolant and the brake+clutch hydraulic fluid. All liquids have a shelf life and the car has been standing around since almost an year plus. I too got this done for my vehicle and my dealer was more than happy to get this done, FOC.
Thanks for all your inputs . It is one thing to be satisfied by the outward appearance of the vehicle , but another thing buying a vehicle knowing that it might have been used to supply parts !

Is there any kind of proofing that can be done to take care of this ? I don't think even a very thorough PDI will reveal anything.
Old 8th October 2012, 14:05   #987
Senior - BHPian

As I posted earlier, I too got to know of it by chance and did not investigate further as got enticed by the offer from Oberoi motors and moved away from Triumph in the lure of getting a car direct from the plant.

Quote:
Is there any kind of proofing that can be done to take care of this ? I don't think even a very thorough PDI will reveal anything.
Old 21st October 2012, 11:06   #988
BHPian

Hey Guys,
A quick update on the Tuscan Wine TJet Plus which was available for sale at Balaji Cars Kalyan. Well!! Its not available anymore... Sad Update??? Not for me cos I bought it

A big, Big, BIG thank you to Parimal_g for helping me with the negotiations, to KHOJ for clarifying my doubts, to other TJeters for enticing me with the reviews and last but not the least to our very own GTO for the review and for the comment that brings back sense to all TJet/Fiat Insanity, "There is more to Life than kmpl"

Delivery planned for coming Friday, cant wait any longer. Planned tyre change for the same day from Premji's. May be PLC or GR90 (KHOJ, can u please throw some light on what size of GR90 you've got and cost per tyre, please). Basic ICE overall retaining the Stock HU will follow, along with Parking Assist and may be the OEM spoiler.

And Finally, after test driving so many cars over the past couple of months (New and Used), now I know the true meaning of "Once a FIATian, always a FIATian".

Last edited by Zenster : 21st October 2012 at 11:08.
Zenster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 12:34   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,
A quick update on the Tuscan Wine TJet Plus which was available for sale at Balaji Cars Kalyan. Well!! Its not available anymore... Sad Update??? Not for me cos I bought it

A big, Big, BIG thank you to Parimal_g for helping me with the negotiations, to KHOJ for clarifying my doubts, to other TJeters for enticing me with the reviews and last but not the least to our very own GTO for the review and for the comment that brings back sense to all TJet/Fiat Insanity, "There is more to Life than kmpl"

Delivery planned for coming Friday, cant wait any longer. Planned tyre change for the same day from Premji's. May be PLC or GR90 (KHOJ, can u please throw some light on what size of GR90 you've got and cost per tyre, please). Basic ICE overall retaining the Stock HU will follow, along with Parking Assist and may be the OEM spoiler.

And Finally, after test driving so many cars over the past couple of months (New and Used), now I know the true meaning of "Once a FIATian, always a FIATian".
Congrats! Being a fellow TJet owner, I can understand your sentiments and new-found loyalty towards the most enjoyable sedan on road till date.

Why look for any other size in GR90? Its best to stick to stock size (205/55/16) in either PLC (my recommendation) or GR90 (which maybe cheaper).
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 12:49   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Congrats! Being a fellow TJet owner, I can understand your sentiments and new-found loyalty towards the most enjoyable sedan on road till date.

Why look for any other size in GR90? Its best to stick to stock size (205/55/16) in either PLC (my recommendation) or GR90 (which maybe cheaper).
Hey, Thanks Nishant. Very True Buddy, from my Dad's old 1100, to my first new car the Punto, to the Fire Fueled,Drenched in Wine Jet, all thumbs-up from me

Isn't there an issue with the PLC wearing out fast (read somewhere that it lasts only around 20k kms?) and how is the sidewall strength (bulging/cuts on our roads?), hence keeping GR90 as an option.

And Nishant, since I have your attention, what your thoughts on ICE? Keeping the stock HU for now, front components (Infinity/Polk) and rear co-axial? Amp and sub needed/recomended ? Budget 20k (give or take a few)

Last edited by Zenster : 21st October 2012 at 12:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks