Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 11:48   #931
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I booked mine some time last week. After my booking, there were 3 more FTA Tjet plus left in stock.

At the price I got it for its seriously awesome value
Old 24th August 2012, 13:38   #932
BHPian

Hi Docmech and vvmanoj,

How long did it take for you guys to get the car. I booked my car on 14/8/2012. Just want to get an idea how long it might take for the container to get from Pune to Siliguri.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th August 2012, 14:10   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Hi Docmech and vvmanoj,

How long did it take for you guys to get the car. I booked my car on 14/8/2012. Just want to get an idea how long it might take for the container to get from Pune to Siliguri.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Jony,

I booked mine on the 17th Aug. I have been promised a delivery before 31st Aug.

As per my dealer the vehicle is on its way and it should take 3 days to Hyderabad. Only time will tell.

Will keep you posted
vvmanoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 23:32   #934
BHPian

Hi guys, this is my 2nd post in Team-BHP after joining. I am planning to buy a Fiat Linea T-Jet in the near future. Have been saving up aggressively (but still not making quick progress thanks to ever-increasing cost of living) to purchase one. Will it still be available in say, a year's time from now? I am asking this because there are a lot of talks that T-Jet will be axed. Is it true? Or has it been axed already?
Old 30th August 2012, 08:19   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
Hi guys, this is my 2nd post in Team-BHP after joining. I am planning to buy a Fiat Linea T-Jet in the near future. Have been saving up aggressively (but still not making quick progress thanks to ever-increasing cost of living) to purchase one. Will it still be available in say, a year's time from now? I am asking this because there are a lot of talks that T-Jet will be axed. Is it true? Or has it been axed already?
Unfortunately the T-Jet is already out of production lines. If you want to lay your hands on one, I think NOW is the time, before it's too late. A handful of dealers might be having a piece or 2 of the T-Jets lying around in their stockyard. Few here might be able to give you more info on it. I remember reading some time back in this thread about a couple of T-Jets available at a certain dealer, not sure about the location. If you are lucky and willing to take the effort, I guess you should be able to lap one up. Please be aware that the cars would be 2011 manufactured and would have spent quite some time lying idle in the yard, so make sure to run a proper check before finalizing on it. Hope you succeed in getting one, Good luck.
Old 30th August 2012, 08:22   #936
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No one knows if it will be relaunched or not. At the moment, there are extremely few T-Jets available in stock at the plant. All these are 2011 manufactured. No new T-Jets have been made after June 2011.

My guess is they will NOT relaunch it again, thanks to the bitter response to gas guzzling petrol sedans in a country where diesel costs half as much as petrol. If ever they launch an enthusiast-focused sedan again, they might as well launch a better powered diesel Linea, which will at least sell more than a petrol car here.

From what I know, there are no new launches planned by Fiat for at least the next year or so, since they are focusing on building their independent Sales and Service network in the country, before embarking on portfolio expansion.

+1 to what jayded said, stretch your pocket and try to get one right now! There are some mouth watering deals of 2L+ discounts on the 2011 T-Jets. You can get a new one for as low as 7-8L on road.

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th August 2012 at 08:24.
Old 30th August 2012, 08:29   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Unfortunately the T-Jet is already out of production lines. If you want to lay your hands on one, I think NOW is the time, before it's too late. A handful of dealers might be having a piece or 2 of the T-Jets lying around in their stockyard. Few here might be able to give you more info on it. I remember reading some time back in this thread about a couple of T-Jets available at a certain dealer, not sure about the location. If you are lucky and willing to take the effort, I guess you should be able to lap one up. Please be aware that the cars would be 2011 manufactured and would have spent quite some time lying idle in the yard, so make sure to run a proper check before finalizing on it. Hope you succeed in getting one, Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
No one knows if it will be relaunched or not. At the moment, there are extremely few T-Jets available in stock at the plant. All these are 2011 manufactured. No new T-Jets have been made after June 2011.

My guess if they will NOT relaunch it again, thanks to the bitter response to gas guzzling petrol sedans in a country where diesel costs half as much as petrol. If ever they launch an enthusiast-focused sedan again, they might as well launch a better powered diesel Linea, which will at least sell more than a petrol car here.

From what I know, there are no new launches planned by Fiat for at least the next year or so, since they are focusing on building their independent Sales and Service network in the country, before embarking on portfolio expansion.
Thank you for the quick response gentlemen. I unfortunately am at cross roads right now. My heart says T-Jet, but my financial situation isn't as well as I'd hoped. So, I guess I'll have to try my luck in the future. Who knows, I might come across a well-maintained, used T-Jet out of sheer luck (like a lightning bolt out of the bright blue sky) in the future when I will have sufficient money in my kitty.
Old 30th August 2012, 09:36   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, this is my 2nd post in Team-BHP after joining. I am planning to buy a Fiat Linea T-Jet in the near future.
Trust me I want to mention this in the reply to your intro post itself.
IMHO if you are so keen to buy the T-Jet the right time is now. You may not get new car after the current lot is sold out. If relaunched, be ready to shell out around 10 Lac for the car which is available for 7-8 Lac on road.
OR
You can take the used car option, but finding a used T-Jet near your location may involve a very long wait or you have to buy it from other metros. You have to keep an eye on Team-BHP, Team Fiat India or CarWale classifieds.
Just check with the dealer in your city regarding the final on-road price currently. Who knows you may get a pleasant surprise. You may also get a TD car for very VFM price.
Old 30th August 2012, 12:21   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Trust me I want to mention this in the reply to your intro post itself.
IMHO if you are so keen to buy the T-Jet the right time is now. You may not get new car after the current lot is sold out. If relaunched, be ready to shell out around 10 Lac for the car which is available for 7-8 Lac on road.
OR
You can take the used car option, but finding a used T-Jet near your location may involve a very long wait or you have to buy it from other metros. You have to keep an eye on Team-BHP, Team Fiat India or CarWale classifieds.
Just check with the dealer in your city regarding the final on-road price currently. Who knows you may get a pleasant surprise. You may also get a TD car for very VFM price.
Thank You for the full details carwatcher. I am unfortunately in a tight spot as far as finances are concerned (in spite of a possible employee discount) and am still a bit far away from the minimum down-payment for a full 5 year tenure. Also, add to that the monthly EMI to be shelled out and the running and service costs. I just can't afford to divert my finances away from family concerns right now. Guess life is cruel in some ways. But nevertheless, I'll still soldier on hoping to find that elusive turbocharged beauty in the coming year. Thanks again for your encouraging post.
Old 30th August 2012, 12:28   #940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly grab this opportunity. All the Tjet+ are sold out. There are 4 Tjets available

1 Bronzo Scoro 2011 make.
3 Bossa Nova White 2010 make.

This would to a price of around 8.2 lakhs on road.

Try your luck.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 15:08   #941
BHPian

Quote:
I'll still soldier on hoping to find that elusive turbocharged beauty in the coming year. Thanks again for your encouraging post.
Keep the dream alive my friend and I am sure you will be driving a T-jet sooner than you would expect. Your post reminded me of the time when T-jet was launched. I was in the market looking for a hatchback with a budget of 5-5.5 lacs. I was completely smitten by it. I told my mom, I wish I could afford this and promised myself that I will definitely own it one day. Times changed, the cost of T-jet reduced and my salary increased, and Voila - I now own a Bronzo Scuro T-jet+

Look forward to your ownership review of T-jet soon. All the best!

Cheers,
Biraj
Old 1st September 2012, 09:02   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Keep the dream alive my friend and I am sure you will be driving a T-jet sooner than you would expect. Your post reminded me of the time when T-jet was launched. I was in the market looking for a hatchback with a budget of 5-5.5 lacs. I was completely smitten by it. I told my mom, I wish I could afford this and promised myself that I will definitely own it one day. Times changed, the cost of T-jet reduced and my salary increased, and Voila - I now own a Bronzo Scuro T-jet+

Look forward to your ownership review of T-jet soon. All the best!

Cheers,
Biraj
Thank you Biraj for your encouraging words. I too really looking forward to the day when I will be blasting down an open highway in my T-Jet.
Old 1st September 2012, 14:53   #943
BHPian

I had a test drive of a Linea Emotion MJD version today.

in one word - precise handling and very good steering feedback.

Suspension is jittery at low speeds but flattens at speed.

low end torque is not very good. Mid range is very good. 2nd gear great for in city traffic.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 13:54   #944
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess the last Tjet + has landed in Bangalore and getting delivered to my friend today.

Will see if I can get hold of that car during the weekend.
Old 4th September 2012, 15:11   #945
BHPian

@nkrishnap: I think mine (FTA t-jet plus) might be the last, expecting delivery by Saturday

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks