Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 22:46   #811
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

TAFE Reach's AGM, Mr. Krishnan seems to have set his mind on redeeming the situation. I called him in the lunch session and asked him about the plan. He asked me to trust him fully and by 6pm had arranged his team to come and check the battery at home again.

I was at work and he organized a conference between the team and both of us. He ordered the team to change the battery tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. The crew has promised to have it done by 8am tomorrow.

Waiting with crossed fingers...
Old 18th April 2012, 08:54   #812
BHPian

Hello All,

Good news to share with you. TAFE AGM has stood by his word. The new battery was installed by their OE supplier sharp 8 this morning.

Car's cranking fine. More reporting to continue.

Best regards,

Siva
Sivasankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 14:09   #813

My Linea T-Jet steering wheel starts vibrating at 100 km/hr, is this normal because my Siena 1.6 is rock steady at even 130 km/hr. Otherwise I have no complaints about the T-jet enjoy driving it.
Old 19th April 2012, 15:52   #814
Senior - BHPian

^ This is obviously abnormal. Linea is known to be rock steady and at all speeds. Check your wheel alignment. And while you're at it, get your wheels rotated and balanced (when did you last do that? Because its supposed to be done every 5k kms).

Btw I hope you're running on stock alloys and not gone for 100 PCD alloys? Because if that's the case you'll need hub spacer rings.
Old 19th April 2012, 16:40   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
My Linea T-Jet steering wheel starts vibrating at 100 km/hr, is this normal because my Siena 1.6 is rock steady at even 130 km/hr. Otherwise I have no complaints about the T-jet enjoy driving it.
Ok i had the same issue with my GP. If its vibrating while accelerating then it should be an issue with the wheel alignement and balancing. Get that checked and it should sort out the issue.
However, if you feel the vibrations while braking then it is mostly due to the uneven wear of the brake pads and disc brakes - here it might need a replacement of brake discs/brake pads or both - I had to replace both.
Old 20th April 2012, 13:43   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer
I initially faced this issue in the 2012 MJD. I used to take it out for drives on a supposedly smooth toll road and the steering would vibrate. This road is the NICE road, the stretch from electronic city to banerghata in bangalore. The speeds would be around 110-120. Later, drove to chennai once and the steering didn't vibrate, even at 130-140. I concluded that it has to do with the surface of the road. So I would suggest you try it out in a smooth national highway and if it still persists, then it might be a alignment or balancing issue.

On the same note, my car used to pull to the left on the daily routes and it got me worried. But further observation revealed that the car pulls to the right as well, depending purely on the road and it's banking. This issue was also sorted on my drive to chennai, where the car behaved perfectly well. Kept me wondering, so much connect to the road? This behavior has caught me unawares at badly made turns, where the car would just immediately fall left or right a few degrees and steering corrections were immediately needed. These falls were so immediate that I would step out and check for a puncture. Next time this happens, I will try to repeat the sequence and check if the behavior is consistent.
carrerastrax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 01:16   #817

Many thanks for all your advice. I noticed the vibration on the Sea Link in Mumbai, my Siena 1.6 on the same route did not vibrate at all. I have booked an appointment with Tata Motors, Worli on 24th April to find out a solution and will keep all of you briefed on the same.
Old 24th April 2012, 07:54   #818
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

When the Linea 2012 came out, didnt they mention that TJET would be refreshed in April? No news/ scoops yet regarding the same? April is almost over!
Old 24th April 2012, 11:47   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,

When the Linea 2012 came out, didnt they mention that TJET would be refreshed in April? No news/ scoops yet regarding the same? April is almost over!
AFAIK, Fiat did not make any firm dates for the 2012 T-Jet and 90HP Punto. There were a lot of rumors floating around and that's about it.

However, I can tell you from highly placed sources that a facelift of these 2 models in going to be launched very soon (~2 weeks time). Fiat deliberately wants to keep these top end models separate from their stable while announcing facelift.

I really wonder what will they add to such already perfect machines!
Old 24th April 2012, 12:51   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
AFAIK, Fiat did not make any firm dates for the 2012 T-Jet and 90HP Punto. There were a lot of rumors floating around and that's about it.

However, I can tell you from highly placed sources that a facelift of these 2 models in going to be launched very soon (~2 weeks time). Fiat deliberately wants to keep these top end models separate from their stable while announcing facelift.

I really wonder what will they add to such already perfect machines!
I had gone to the Prerana Free Service Camp on Sunday and I was having a chat with their Works Head and he was telling that no new changes expected on the T-Jet model. Because most of the changes of T-Jet are put on 2012. Only thing is the wiper sensor etc and maybe a new colors. But maybe he is not so updated.
Old 24th April 2012, 14:11   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
I had gone to the Prerana Free Service Camp on Sunday and I was having a chat with their Works Head and he was telling that no new changes expected on the T-Jet model. Because most of the changes of T-Jet are put on 2012. Only thing is the wiper sensor etc and maybe a new colors. But maybe he is not so updated.
IMO the only things missing in T-Jet wrt competition are Sun/Moon roof, Cruise control, Turn-indicators on OVRM, Reverse parking sensors, Anti-pinch windows, One touch up fuction in windows, Rain sensing wipers and Automatic Headlamps and believe me none of them are that much useful as far as I am concerned (save for rear pkg sensors and anti pinch windows).
PS: Oh Yes, left front door key hole is also missing. ;-)
Old 24th April 2012, 14:38   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
IMO the only things missing in T-Jet wrt competition are Sun/Moon roof, Cruise control, Turn-indicators on OVRM, Reverse parking sensors, Anti-pinch windows, One touch up fuction in windows, Rain sensing wipers and Automatic Headlamps and believe me none of them are that much useful as far as I am concerned (save for rear pkg sensors and anti pinch windows).
PS: Oh Yes, left front door key hole is also missing. ;-)
IIRC, Anti-pinch windows is already there in T-Jet, as well as One touch up function for driver's side window.

Honestly, Cruise control does not make much sense in a manual transmission car.

Rest other features would definitely be good to have!

If I may add - Xenon/HIDs with adaptive/cornering headlights.
Old 24th April 2012, 22:40   #823

I gave my TJet for its first service and to rectify the vibration in the steering wheel. The wheels needed balancing as one of my rims and got some minor damage which they told me caused the steering wheel to vibrate. I need to test the car to find out if the problem has got resolved.
I miss rear parking sensors as I have kissed the backside a couple of times and to unlock the rear doors i end up opening the driver door.
Old 7th May 2012, 11:49   #824
Senior - BHPian

There is an ad in Malayala Manorama, a malayalam daily, which talks of Rs 2,36,000 discount on Fiat Linea T-Jet, which includes :
  • Rs 1,00,000 Exchange Bonus
  • Rs 1,00,000 Gift Cheque
  • Rs 36,000 worth of Free First Year Insurance + Road Side Assistance

I, for one, believe that FIAT is clearing the T-JET inventory before launching the T-JET 2012 which is rumored to have more features.

The only downside of buying T-JET as of now is that the cars are/were lying in the plant close to an year
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 12:15   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
There is an ad in Malayala Manorama, a malayalam daily, which talks of Rs 2,36,000 discount on Fiat Linea T-Jet, which includes :
  • Rs 1,00,000 Exchange Bonus
  • Rs 1,00,000 Gift Cheque
  • Rs 36,000 worth of Free First Year Insurance + Road Side Assistance
I, for one, believe that FIAT is clearing the T-JET inventory before launching the T-JET 2012 which is rumored to have more features.

The only downside of buying T-JET as of now is that the cars are/were lying in the plant close to an year
Saw the same in HT in Gurgaon/Delhi.

Cheers,
jagan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks