Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 14:21   #721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Friends,
A couple of Fiat dealerships in Chennai are offering 2011 T-Jets at Rs. 2 lacs off the list price. Can I go for one? What are the pros and cons? Seek your suggestions.
Just Grab it before someone else does. Make sure to do a good PDI before REGISTRATION and not delivery (so technically its PRI).
Can you give the Break-up of discount offer. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 19th March 2012 at 13:50. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post or use multiquote option if posting with 30mins. Refer rule 5.
Old 17th March 2012, 14:33   #722
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Friends,

A couple of Fiat dealerships in Chennai are offering 2011 T-Jets at Rs. 2 lacs off the list price. Can I go for one? What are the pros and cons? Seek your suggestions,

rgds

Siva
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
I dont own one, but I have driven it. I can tell you that this is the best petrol car I have driven in this segment in terms or performance and handling. And at 2 lakhs less it is awesome VFM. If you have decided to go for petrol car, get it before the offer closes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Siva, just go and grab the car ! At the price at which they are selling the tJet, it is phenomenal value for money and beats a lot of other cars hollow in terms of power as well as features.

For most people who care about mileage, i get about 10 to a liter of petrol in city.

If you enjoy power and a refined turbo charged diesel engine, look no further
Tjet is a petrol engine mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
If you're on the lookout for a new petrol sedan, this makes a very good value for money proposition.
However, ensure that the car is a Nov-Dec 2011 manufactured vehicle, and that the warranty is applicable from the day you drive it out of the showroom.
Also, opt for the extended warranty package.
Before getting the car registered, do inspect it properly - have a look at this link for more information on the same: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
Given that cars are meant to be driven, there could be small niggles if the car has been kept parked for a long time. Hence do a small TD in the yard to ensure that the brakes and other electricals function well.
If you're happy with it, go ahead!
You wont get a Nov-Dec 2011 mfd TJet. That's because the last TJet was manufactured in May/June 2011. And that's exactly the reason for such a massive discount. Fiat is looking to clear inventory before they announce the facelift version of this wonderful car. (Although I wonder what more can you even improve in it?)

I have this beauty and if you want to fall in love with your car on a daily basis, just go and pick it up. Of course do a thorough PDI to ensure you are getting a good piece.

This is the best sedan under 12 lacs (it's original on road price was close to 11 lacs). Also, this is the only petrol sedan at the price point which has a turbo charged engine. Add the amazing drive-ability of the Fiat, ABS, EBD, all four disc brakes, air bags, 16 inch alloys (with 205/55/16 rubber), all leather interiors, Blue and Me and you have a total winner at hand.

Do not miss this car if you have decided to go for a new sedan.
nishantgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 14:44   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

You wont get a Nov-Dec 2011 mfd TJet. That's because the last TJet was manufactured in May/June 2011. And that's exactly the reason for such a massive discount. Fiat is looking to clear inventory before they announce the facelift version of this wonderful car. (Although I wonder what more can you even improve in it?)
In this case, please do a thorough check of the car before picking it up.
A car lying unused for such a long period of time might crop up with some issues. Also go for a proper test drive, make sure the doors open properly, the brakes are smooth in their functioning. Check out the wiring as well as rubber parts to ensure they're in good condition and have not been dislodged or melted or anything!
Also, do request for a full servicing before delivery and get rid off all the old air filters and old oil filters, as well as give her some new fresh oil (not that the old one would be bad, but its been lying around for a year).
Look for signs of rust (IIRC some Fiat's had that issue - or oxidation).
Do push the dealer for letting you take a short drive before picking up the car, as well as a full service - in front of you
lamborghini is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 21:27   #724
BHPian

@carwatcher - The sales people said the discount would be categorised under corporate discount or under promotional offer discount.

How should I take a quote from them on the discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Just Grab it before someone else does. Make sure to do a good PDI before REGISTRATION and not delivery (so technically its PRI).
Can you give the Break-up of discount offer. Thanks

Just Grab it before someone else does.
Make sure to do a good PDI before REGISTRATION and not delivery (so technically its PRI).
Can you give the Break-up of discount offer. Thanks.
Old 18th March 2012, 00:07   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@carwatcher - The sales people said the discount would be categorised under corporate discount or under promotional offer discount.
How should I take a quote from them on the discount?
You can take it in writing as all the dealers have system of giving quotations that are legally binding on them. Same is used for loan purpose.
Anyway I just want to know the on-road price figures before discount and afterwards, nothing more.
Old 18th March 2012, 07:00   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Woops, that was a typo from my side, indeed it is a petrol engine I guess i was just drooling about the turbo when i typed out diesel instead of the petrol !
Old 18th March 2012, 11:00   #727
BHPian

Quick note on old T-Jets: Be sure the tyres are fine specially if the car is unused for close to a year. Disuse affects tyres first.
cranky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 15:05   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
You can take it in writing as all the dealers have system of giving quotations that are legally binding on them. Same is used for loan purpose.
Anyway I just want to know the on-road price figures before discount and afterwards, nothing more.
Rs. 10.5 lacs on road. The car is available for Rs. 8.5 lacs with a Rs. 2 lac discount
Old 19th March 2012, 05:02   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Rs. 10.5 lacs on road. The car is available for Rs. 8.5 lacs with a Rs. 2 lac discount
Thats really a sweet deal for t-jet and going by the ownership reviews of the car it offers unmatched VFM in that segment even at 10l OTR. Now with 2 lac discout it gets even better.
As someone has posted earlier, do a thorough PDI.
All the very best!
C300 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 22:28   #730
BHPian

Hello all,

Inspected the car this evening with my mechanic and he's given the go-ahead. The VIN is CMZ and I've decoded it as March 2011.

Only sore point was that the battery was drained and they had to jumpstart it for our inspection. Salesperson & manager explained that batteries of all display cars are kept disconnected as a precaution.

Awaiting eagerly for their quotation which has been promised for tomorrow.

More suggestions / points / guidance welcome!

Rgds,

Siva
Old 21st March 2012, 22:43   #731
BHPian

Hey guys,any idea on the launch date for the 2012 tjet?? Hope it arrives by at least mid April!!
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:33   #732
BHPian

I enquired at VST & TAFE Chennai. Absolutely no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey guys,any idea on the launch date for the 2012 tjet?? Hope it arrives by at least mid April!!
Old 24th March 2012, 02:10   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Inspected the car this evening with my mechanic and he's given the go-ahead. The VIN is CMZ and I've decoded it as March 2011.

Only sore point was that the battery was drained and they had to jumpstart it for our inspection. Salesperson & manager explained that batteries of all display cars are kept disconnected as a precaution.

Awaiting eagerly for their quotation which has been promised for tomorrow.

More suggestions / points / guidance welcome!

Rgds,

Siva
Congrats Siva. Good that you had a mechanic to inspect the car.
Do post your ownership experience with loads of pics.
Old 24th March 2012, 18:59   #734
BHPian

Got my Linea yesterday. Got mats, mud flaps and car cover free. Got sunfilms and paint protection done from 3M car care HSR layout - as usual they did a great job

Edit: posted on T-Jet thread by mistake. Hurried post through phone...
Attached Images

Last edited by autocrat : 24th March 2012 at 19:02.
autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 21:27   #735
BHPian

Paid a token advance of Rs. 20000 to book the car. I asked the salesperson what accessories they would offer. She replied this was a car with everything you could ask for and more in it and that the discount itself made up for any promotion.

I explained to her that only a Fiat nut like me would actually buy a March 2011 car letting his heart rule over his head. Then she offered mats & Garware sunfilm (which are 'neither too dark nor too light' - quoting her verbatim) as accessories. She replied in the negative when I asked her if they will pass on the same set of mats in the car now. Are Garware films effective? I asked her to throw in a car cover which is more useful for me.

Financing process is on now - deciding on the money to be paid upfront & applying for an SBI Car loan. More documentation to complete once that is through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Congrats Siva. Good that you had a mechanic to inspect the car.
Do post your ownership experience with loads of pics.
Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks