Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2012, 22:42   #706
BHPian

Reg. Highway cruising in Tjet, I do regular 1600km runs usually in a time span of 3 days.. Like 700kms in a day or so. In a recent trip, i did 600kms one shot with only a fuel stop over and another 300kms the same day night after a 2hr gap. No problems whatsoever and simply one of the best when it comes to fatigue free driving..

When compared to Linea Mjd one change that i have experienced is - you may want to shift to lower gears if you want to accelerate quicly.. For instance, if you are at 100 and want a sudden burst of acc., in a Tjet I generally downshift to 4th whereas in my older Linea Mjd I just accelerate at 5th and the Mjd starts picking up speed in no time. Thats the only diff i could see between the Mjd and Tjet on a highway.
Old 1st January 2012, 23:09   #707
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
I had to endure 7 hours of driving (continuous) to cover 260 kilometers from Lansdowne to Delhi in peak traffic hours.
Unless driving at night or under no traffic conditions, Delhi-Lansdowne continuously is too much. Much more advisable to take atleast one break, preferably before hitting Meerut on the way to Delhi.
Old 2nd January 2012, 00:01   #708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charioteer View Post
Seeking another basic clarification associated with TJet vis-a-vis 1.3MJD -

Are diesel cars more comfortable for long distance drives ? As a driver or passenger, would i expect more travelling fatigue in a T jet after, say, a Mumbai-Goa day-drive than a sedately cruising diesel E Pk?
I guess only bumper to bumper traffic could make a difference in this case; the clutch hardness being the deciding factor on the fatigue part. For a highway drive where you don't have to change the gears so many times, I guess "any" Linea should be OK. And to be frank, you look a bit confused on the choice of petrol Vs Diesel - your choice should be based on the kilometers you travel every month. If it's less, go for T-Jet; if it's high, go for MJD.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd January 2012 at 00:06.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 18:10   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess only bumper to bumper traffic could make a difference in this case; the clutch hardness being the deciding factor on the fatigue part. For a highway drive where you don't have to change the gears so many times, I guess "any" Linea should be OK.
Brilliant. Such answers make it worth being on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And to be frank, you look a bit confused on the choice of petrol Vs Diesel - your choice should be based on the kilometers you travel every month. If it's less, go for T-Jet; if it's high, go for MJD.
You bet I was!!

With the 2012 Linea Diesel out and higher GC, ('high' is an understatement), leather seats etc I thought I would have been influenced to move away from T Jet...

But now, with the prices revealed, with matching equipment and safety, the pricing has actually gone the regular petrol vs diesel way.

To my understanding i will be shelling atleast 1.1 lakhs more for diesel, in which case I believe, NOW, 2011 T-Jet starts making more sense for my usage of 12-15k annually!
Charioteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 20:50   #710

Postage for FIAT LINEA TJET

Hello

I wanted to ask about a badge for the model of the Fiat Linea. Unfortunately, on the Polish market is not the emblem. Let Me Know In Which Country (Which is sold FIAT LINEA) is available from the stamp. If you have dry information please let us know. On the country and if Possible no. EPER. And the bridge important address of the FIAT of the country.
I greet

snail

underneath the picture of the stamp
Old 7th January 2012, 12:46   #711
BHPian

Re: Postage for FIAT LINEA TJET

Would like to clarify the thread for the benefit of fellow BHpians.

Slimak needs to source the 'TJET' emblem as it is not available in Poland.

If it is available with fiat India, please forward the dealership's contact information so that he can buy the emblem.

@slimak, I hope I got it right. Please try ebay.com. Saves you many a hassle.

Last edited by revintup : 7th January 2012 at 12:47.
Old 9th January 2012, 06:07   #712
BHPian

You can find Indian Fiat dealer contact info online. You'd be better off hunting online or get someone from India to send one to you.

The TJET emblems are available on Ebay UK but they are different that the emblems on cars here.

Hope this helps,
Old 9th January 2012, 08:38   #713
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ślimak View Post
I wanted to ask about a badge for the model of the Fiat Linea.
FIAT T-Jet grill badge is available in the UK at the following address:

Souls Motor Group
Ward Road
Mount Farm Industrial Estate
Bletchley
Milton Keynes
MK1 1JA

Telephone: 01908 366944
Parts Dept Direct Telephone: 01908 361393
E-mail: partsmk@souls.co.uk
Fax: 01908 378425

Please see this thread for more details:

Styling: T-Jet badge - The FIAT Forum

FIAT T-Jet grill badge is also available with Partsoworld UK: http://www.partsworld-uk.com/product...lle-badge.aspx

Please contact them for similar badge for the boot.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 9th January 2012 at 08:48.
  (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 11:48   #714
BHPian

After a frustrating wait for almost two months, I took delivery of my BS T-jet+ on Sunday. It's too early to post a review as I have driven only ~200 Kms however, the experience of driving this machine is hard to describe in words. To sum up my experience till now - After a long hard day in office, if one wants to reach home with a smile, then they should drive a T-jet
Biraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 17:08   #715
BHPian

Fiat Linea T-Jet 2012 - When is it coming?

We have had a lot of discussion around the Fiat Linea and Punto 2012 models and the thread is closed now.

Any pointers on what we can expect in the soon to be launched 2012 upgrade for T-Jet.

What can we expect in the upgrade.
  • 17" inch wheels ?? (this seems to be available for the T-Jet in Brazil)
  • Is there even a remote possibility of getting the Dualogic transmisison any soon.
  • Other

Note from Support: Post moved to existing thread. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th March 2012 at 19:27. Reason: See note in post
Old 11th March 2012, 19:55   #716
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see bronzo scuro colour discontinued from 2012 Lineas. Was a brilliant colour.
Old 16th March 2012, 21:36   #717
BHPian

Friends,

A couple of Fiat dealerships in Chennai are offering 2011 T-Jets at Rs. 2 lacs off the list price. Can I go for one? What are the pros and cons? Seek your suggestions,

rgds

Siva
Old 16th March 2012, 21:55   #718
BHPian

Siva, just go and grab the car ! At the price at which they are selling the tJet, it is phenomenal value for money and beats a lot of other cars hollow in terms of power as well as features.

For most people who care about mileage, i get about 10 to a liter of petrol in city.

If you enjoy power and a refined turbo charged diesel engine, look no further
vinay_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 12:21   #719
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
A couple of Fiat dealerships in Chennai are offering 2011 T-Jets at Rs. 2 lacs off the list price. Can I go for one? What are the pros and cons? Seek your suggestions,
I dont own one, but I have driven it. I can tell you that this is the best petrol car I have driven in this segment in terms or performance and handling. And at 2 lakhs less it is awesome VFM. If you have decided to go for petrol car, get it before the offer closes.
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 14:08   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Friends,

rgds

Siva
If you're on the lookout for a new petrol sedan, this makes a very good value for money proposition.
However, ensure that the car is a Nov-Dec 2011 manufactured vehicle, and that the warranty is applicable from the day you drive it out of the showroom.
Also, opt for the extended warranty package.
Before getting the car registered, do inspect it properly - have a look at this link for more information on the same: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
Given that cars are meant to be driven, there could be small niggles if the car has been kept parked for a long time. Hence do a small TD in the yard to ensure that the brakes and other electricals function well.
If you're happy with it, go ahead!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks