Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2012, 21:47   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar
Are Garware films effective? I asked her to throw in a car cover which is more useful for me.

Financing process is on now - deciding on the money to be paid upfront & applying for an SBI Car loan. More documentation to complete once that is through.
I have Garware Classic on my Indica from 5 years. It was quite good for 2 years n now i can see that the edge that is not exposed to sun is ok but exposed areas has faded a bit. Still effective though...

Car cover is decent.
Old 25th March 2012, 04:43   #737
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Paid a token advance of Rs. 20000 to book the car. I asked the salesperson what accessories they would offer. She replied this was a car with everything you could ask for and more in it and that the discount itself made up for any promotion.
To be honest, she is 100% correct. The car is loaded with goodies and with that discount its a great buy
So whats the final OTR price you are paying?
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 11:04   #738
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Paid a token advance of Rs. 20000 to book the car.
Congratulations and best wishes, Sivasankar. At last, you are going to be a proud owner of a lovely Linea T-Jet+.Powerful admiration guaranteed! Hope, my Linea 1.4 FIRE meets your Linea T-Jet+ during my next visit to Chennai!
Quote:
Then she offered mats
Use those free mats for some time and switch over to 3D Kagu mats later. Those free mats are very bad in quality and are potential recipe for disaster as my footwear used to get stuck in the central patch of the driver side mat. Details are here. The free mats are fit to be used as door mats at home!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th March 2012 at 11:09.
  (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 11:25   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi
Those free mats are very bad in quality and are potential recipe for disaster as my footwear used to get stuck in the central patch of the driver side mat. The free mats are fit to be used as door mats at home!
Experiencing this in the last 2 days. I changed a couple of pairs of shoes to see if there is some improvement, but no use.

In fact i was thinking a coir door mat will be better off in tha car than this free one.

Reminds me of an old saying - anything that comes free is worth every penny paid
Old 25th March 2012, 12:25   #740
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Got my Linea yesterday.
Congratulations and best wishes, autocrat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I changed a couple of pairs of shoes to see if there is some improvement, but no use.
Changing the mats is a better solution!
  (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 17:53   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi
Congratulations and best wishes, autocrat.

Changing the mats is a better solution!
Thanks Sir!

Indeed - planning to get 3D mats. Waiting for salary
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 17:56   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat

Thanks Sir!

Indeed - planning to get 3D mats. Waiting for salary
Congratulations mate. You should get it for around 4300-4400.
Old 25th March 2012, 18:13   #743
BHPian

Final OTR price quoted by the dealership - Rs. 845000/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
To be honest, she is 100% correct. The car is loaded with goodies and with that discount its a great buy
So whats the final OTR price you are paying?
Old 25th March 2012, 18:28   #744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar
Final OTR price quoted by the dealership - Rs. 845000/-
That's a price which makes the linea t-jet a no brainer to buy. Too good. Hope the members and enthusiasts make the most of such offers and grab the remaining few t-jets
Old 25th March 2012, 22:53   #745
BHPian

Hot news!!!

Fiat Linea T-Jet is back on the Fiat India website. Looks like the company has decided to continue the car....
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-fiat-website-scrnsht.jpg  

Old 25th March 2012, 23:50   #746
BHPian

AFAIK the Linea T-jet page on the fiat website was never withdrawn. I remember seeing the above page a month ago.
Old 26th March 2012, 00:46   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
AFAIK the Linea T-jet page on the fiat website was never withdrawn. I remember seeing the above page a month ago.
No Sir, it was withdrawn for a short period when 2012 models were launched, giving impression as though T-jet is discontinued. Even Carwale and other websites stopped showing price for the T-jet during that period. Then everything resumed. But if you read carefully, on the Fiat website showing T-jet page, it is clearly mentioned below that the cars available are 2011 manufactured ones and price is also not given. So, if you look at the broader picture, if the car is not being manufactured since May-June 2011 and No info on re-launch, I would say it as good as discontinued. Though I wish it to be re-launched.
Old 26th March 2012, 01:42   #748
Senior - BHPian

The TJet was never discontinued. It will never be. Its a niche model for Fiat India. The story last year was of excess inventory. Last Tjet was manufactured in May 2011 and post that, discounts were offered to clear old stocks. And as economics dictaten the discounts keep on increasing as year end approaches and there are still unsold cars.

In Jan 2012 when Fiat announced the new Linea and Punto, they deliberately kept Tjet and Punto 90HP out. This is because very soon (Apr-May 2012) they are going to announce facelift for these 2 models.

Its a deliberate marketing and positioning strategy. I suggest you don't fall for rumors or read unnecessarily between the lines.

P.S. Its a real pity that Indian junta failed to identify the potential of TJet. But then, its good for owners who prefer exclusivity!
Old 26th March 2012, 09:45   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I suggest you don't fall for rumors or read unnecessarily between the lines.
P.S. Its a real pity that Indian junta failed to identify the potential of TJet. But then, its good for owners who prefer exclusivity!
I fully agree with that. As one can see there is a post mentioned by someone that new T-Jet may even have 17" alloys. Punto 90HP may have all the best possible features incl Sun-roof. But as now even April is nearing, there is no sign from anywhere for that. But yes, I have heard from Tata-Fiat staff that new model launches are in pipeline. That includes T-Jet or not, no one is sure.
Now as regards exclusivity factor, I have myself bought a T-Jet+ in Feb'12 (last month) and I can vouch for that. I have even posted my initial ownership review in case you aren't aware.
But what made me comment like that is that if you judge the situation as a potential customer (not a Fiat fan like us) then my comments are valid.
PS: It was being discussed as whether the web page was discontinued or not showing T-Jet related info on Fiat India website. It really was. I asked same question to dealership as to if web page is discontinued, what does it means. They told me that it was done by mistake. It resumed after a gap of few days.

Last edited by carwatcher : 26th March 2012 at 09:51.
Old 31st March 2012, 20:18   #750
BHPian

Hello All,

Happy to tell you all that I've completed the financial part of the purchase.

Paid Rs. 2.45 lacs upfront and took an SBI car loan of Rs. 6 lacs over a 7 year term. EMI works out to Rs. 10590 a month.

Salesperson has promised to have the vehicle delivered the coming Thursday or Saturday, as Monday's a bank holiday. Moreover she also has more papers for me to sign for the registration.

Mother's going around proudly telling her friends that her 'paiyan' has bought his first car although she was a little upset with the 'inauspicious' Hip Hop Black paint.

Father-in-law & brother-in-law found a dent in the front door when they inspected the car. They were pleasantly surprised with the easy breezy attitude of the salesperson to their query and her preoccupation with phonecalls.

Hope Fiat gives a thought to recruitment & training of their frontline people!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks