Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 10:28   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
The call with Fiat Italy lasted for almost 1 hour. I had so many things to say, they heard everything with patience.
Good to hear about the call. I really hope they look seriously at improving fit and finish in Fiat cars.

Did you talk to them about the step-brotherly treatment given by the Tata-Fiat salesmans when you walk in to a showroom? And how they try their best to convince most customers to go for a Tata vehicle rather than Fiat?

All and all, this move by Fiat is in the right direction. There are many things to do before Fiat becomes a recognizable force, in terms of sales.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:33   #572
Senior - BHPian

Seen this pic on top gear's India website. I suspect that the electric blue colour on that T-jet is not real, but a PS job. Looks nice nonetheless.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-thumb_2011feb03003615.jpg  

Old 9th February 2011, 14:36   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Seen this pic on top gear's India website. I suspect that the electric blue colour on that T-jet is not real, but a PS job. Looks nice nonetheless.

This car was parked inside the Ranjangaon factory on 3rd December during Team Fiat Indias' factory visit. We were told that it is an exclusive colour and the car is used by the CEO.

The colour is very real.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:47   #574
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
This car was parked inside the Ranjangaon factory on 3rd December during Team Fiat Indias' factory visit. We were told that it is an exclusive colour and the car is used by the CEO.

The colour is very real.
True fastlove, we are are all witness to that, It was there under final check at factory. I was told that they are considering to reintroduce this color on popular demand.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:56   #575
Team-BHP Support

I think the very same car is in this thread -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-jts-q4-2.html

Check out the Linea next to the Bravo. Looks like the Fiat CEO is on tbhp.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 9th February 2011 at 14:57.
Old 9th February 2011, 15:14   #576
BHPian

@ akshay . Nice Catch dude

The blue Linea is tjet and a unique colour at that . So, your guess is a good one
Old 9th February 2011, 17:43   #577
BHPian

The new bronzo scuro color. The Pune dealer mailed me this because he does not have have any car with the new BS color. Have booked this color - xclusiv to Tjet.
Old 10th February 2011, 10:38   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post

The colour is very real.
Correct Sirji, this is the same car which we saw on the day of Factory Visit. I remember running towards this car when i saw it in the factory

The FIAT Engineer who was guiding us in the Factory, told that this Color is awaiting the Nod of the CEO to be launched. It is currently being used by the CEO himself.

The Car in this color looks HOT..!! What a beauty.
Old 11th February 2011, 06:35   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
After an excruciatingly long 30 days wait, i finally hit the highway in my Tjet this weekend, and boy it sure blew me away !

The Tjet i think can be best experienced on the highways, where everything works together so well on the car - the suspensions, the brilliant dynamics and steering feedback from the car, the torquey pulling power that comes into play on highway maneouvers. All in all, the 1100 odd kms i did over the weekend is again a reaffirmation of the fabulous new drive i have. I have also wondered how can this car not sell. what else is really needed in a car ?

I havent been able to figure out the mileage figures and how it computes though. I have noticed that when the car is really accelerating and pushing the revs, the Average consumption figures moves higher up 18- 25 kmpl. Whereas when one is cruising at steady speeds of 80-100, the mileage /consumption on the My Car shows a sub ten reading.

In summary, a fantastic car for a petrolhead. I also think you really need to think beyond the "mileage kitna hai" attitude with this car. In any case with seriously fast speeds i got a mileage of around 11.5 to 12 kmpl.

I agree with GTO that you cant be light footed on this car. With Bangalore to Hyderabad in 6 hours (including a 30 minutes stop over time) the car can blaze like a Jet. I was doing 140-160 with so much of confidence - the breaking is superlative , and makes you push the car even more.

The only real negatives - wind noise above cruising speeds of 120, and engine becoming a little harsh above speeds of 150.

My next 1000 kms is coming up this weekend and i can't wait to be on the road.

cheers
Vinay
My Tjet has done 6000 kms now, with a fair amount of highway driving as well. I have tried to reopen my thread to put in the ownership experience and post some pics, but somehow its not happened.

In summary, the experience has been great so far. Service support excellent (my 3k free checkup and 5k 1st service) at Prerna Motors, the average i get in the Bangalore city with Ac is 10 km/lt and highways has been 13.5 km/lt. The car is phenomenal at 130/140 speeds on the highway, although the mileage drops to about 8.5 to 9. But that translates into increased cost of about 500 bucks over 500 kms..Do i care ? Absolutely not !

Cheers
Vinay
Old 11th February 2011, 11:44   #580
BHPian

TopGear Award for Tjet

Topgear India has awarded Fiat Linea (TJet) for the most improved car award.

Watch the interview with Rajeev Kapoor, CEO Fiat India by the TopGear team talking about Linea's jump from a commuter sedan to a turbo-charged beast.

TopGear
Old 11th February 2011, 12:08   #581
BHPian

Quote:
My Tjet has done 6000 kms now, with a fair amount of highway driving as well. I have tried to reopen my thread to put in the ownership experience and post some pics, but somehow its not happened.

In summary, the experience has been great so far. Service support excellent (my 3k free checkup and 5k 1st service) at Prerna Motors, the average i get in the Bangalore city with Ac is 10 km/lt and highways has been 13.5 km/lt. The car is phenomenal at 130/140 speeds on the highway, although the mileage drops to about 8.5 to 9. But that translates into increased cost of about 500 bucks over 500 kms..Do i care ? Absolutely not !

Cheers
Vinay
Hey Vinay, Nice to know ur car is doing good.
where did you give it for first service.. Prerana Peenya ??
I am almost there with 4000 kms. this weekend it will be some 600 more.
Old 11th February 2011, 12:25   #582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Vinay, looking forward for your re-opened ownership thread... There should be quite an experience to cover with past 6K kms
Old 11th February 2011, 13:48   #583
BHPian

Friends!! I got to share a very interesting news. FIAT SPA from ITALY called me up on Wednesday to have a first hand account of my experience with my MJD. I heard from team-bhp that a few T-Jet owners were called and thought it is because of the new launch. So i never expected a call from them being a MJD owner.
(In fact, I was getting a call from this number since Monday in the late evening and was not answering it mistaking it to be some of my overseas customers who sometimes keep on calling late for silly reasons to which i reply over email on the next day. But after answering the call from FIAT, checked those nos in my missed call list and found to be same. What an opp i was about to miss).
But on Wednesday, they called me up in the afternoon and the call lasted for 1:02:31.
Overall, i could feel the difference between the indian customer satisfaction surveys and this one. Earlier i was called by the FIAT Indian team and they were more interested to know the final verdict - did i like or not :yes/no and then hangup and save their time for their next call.
But this was a really different exp. i think there were 2 people (not sure) - one of them did all the talking and the other was typing fast , i could here the typing noise and think it may be difficult for a person to speak and type at the same rate.
The guy introduced himself, verified all the details and then started with the standard question:
1. What is my overall exp in a rating of 1 to 10, to which i replied 8 to 8.5 (same as the rating given by me in this thread).
2. Given a choice to review my decision of buying Linea, will i still stick to my decision or like to change? To which i obviously replied Yes.
Then started the detailed questioning of how did i make my choice, what are things i did'nt like , what are troubles faced, how was it handled by the service station, what are the improvements required etc...
2 things worth mention here, all the questions they asked was in a very structured and open form, ie none of the questions could be answered in 'yes' / 'no' pattern and you need to elaborate and describe and was automatically leading to the next question.
The other point to note is that there was a good amt of focus in the interview to understand how the service station handled me wrt their technical expertise and behavorial aspects during my interactions with them.
They even read me a list of other possible problems to check whether i have experienced the same in my car and to ensure that i was not missing out anything.. no hiding under the carpet like the Indian mentality.
And regarding the problems i described: they were very particular to record every bit of it. Even asked me a probable solution to the problem if i have one. They also said their technical experts may call me too as a followup and further understanding on these issues if need be.
Overall , an excellent experience and today i feel so proud to be a member of this family who wants to take care of my problems even from Italy. This shows FIAT is not only here to make money but also to ensure that we have a taste of their Italian flavours.
Old 11th February 2011, 14:24   #584
BHPian

Yea I received the call as well. I really hope that the calls translate into something more concrete and not just for the records.
Old 14th February 2011, 10:36   #585
BHPian

I think these calls must be used as feed backs for developing and sorting out issues for their India specific car in 2012. FAIT has used Punto and Linea gauge responce, study the joint venture and delearship issues, sort the problems and to show their commitment to Indian cusotmers before launching the India specific car in 2012.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks