Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 11:14   #466
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
no way FIAT will go out this time. they are here to stay till eternity. they are putting utmost efforts to get things right. its a different issue that their hands are tied up a bit due to joint venture but they are surely doing there part.

no wonder they are standing proud at 2nd position on JD power charts.
Agreed, and i hope the All the Best for them. They have 2 (Linea & Grande Punto) Excellent products with them, just they need to Promote them in the right way.

By right way i mean, they should have the target audience in their promotions for both the cars, which seems to be missing currently. And they should bring the Small Car ASAP, as after the Palio has been stopped there has been a huge gap in their Portfolio.
Old 20th December 2010, 21:28   #467
Senior - BHPian

I may be going out on a limb here, but I always hear from every one that they want Fiat to do well. Perhaps it is a sentiment from ages gone by, I am not sure. I just hope Fiat keep up their good work of providing great cars and the rest will take care of itself. Both the Linea and Punto are fabulously built and ride well. It looks like the JV is a win win situation (ok, maybe a little more benefit to Tata), but it is at least stabilising the Fiat brand name. All they need to do now is capitalise on the goodwill
Old 20th December 2010, 21:36   #468
Senior - BHPian

But all the talk of brilliant cars and competitive products is not translating to sales. Fiat has done badly even in the extremely beneficial Diwali season. So keeping my fingers crossed I may still go in for a T-Jet quite soon.
Old 20th December 2010, 21:37   #469
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
So keeping my fingers crossed I may still go in for a T-Jet quite soon.
Congrats SPARKled!! Thanks to GTO for the excellent review! Do post a ownership report once you buy the Jet!
Old 21st December 2010, 16:43   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
But all the talk of brilliant cars and competitive products is not translating to sales. Fiat has done badly even in the extremely beneficial Diwali season. So keeping my fingers crossed I may still go in for a T-Jet quite soon.
Go for it mate !! You wont regret it.
I have crossed 1500 kms on mine !!
Old 21st December 2010, 17:05   #471
BHPian

After an excruciatingly long 30 days wait, i finally hit the highway in my Tjet this weekend, and boy it sure blew me away !

The Tjet i think can be best experienced on the highways, where everything works together so well on the car - the suspensions, the brilliant dynamics and steering feedback from the car, the torquey pulling power that comes into play on highway maneouvers. All in all, the 1100 odd kms i did over the weekend is again a reaffirmation of the fabulous new drive i have. I have also wondered how can this car not sell. what else is really needed in a car ?

I havent been able to figure out the mileage figures and how it computes though. I have noticed that when the car is really accelerating and pushing the revs, the Average consumption figures moves higher up 18- 25 kmpl. Whereas when one is cruising at steady speeds of 80-100, the mileage /consumption on the My Car shows a sub ten reading.

In summary, a fantastic car for a petrolhead. I also think you really need to think beyond the "mileage kitna hai" attitude with this car. In any case with seriously fast speeds i got a mileage of around 11.5 to 12 kmpl.

I agree with GTO that you cant be light footed on this car. With Bangalore to Hyderabad in 6 hours (including a 30 minutes stop over time) the car can blaze like a Jet. I was doing 140-160 with so much of confidence - the breaking is superlative , and makes you push the car even more.

The only real negatives - wind noise above cruising speeds of 120, and engine becoming a little harsh above speeds of 150.

My next 1000 kms is coming up this weekend and i can't wait to be on the road.

cheers
Vinay
Old 21st December 2010, 17:07   #472
BANNED

Madhukar and Vinay : PLEASE update your ownership reports for the benefit of all!
Old 21st December 2010, 17:38   #473
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
After an excruciatingly long 30 days wait, i finally hit the highway in my Tjet this weekend, and boy it sure blew me away !

My next 1000 kms is coming up this weekend and i can't wait to be on the road.

cheers
Vinay
Congrats again! Have you re-activated your ownership thread?
Looking forward for some detailed report and pictures!
Old 21st December 2010, 20:36   #474
Senior - BHPian

@vinay_ss: Wow your short report on the Tjet's highway manners had imagining what it would be like to drive it on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. You are getting pretty decent mileage considering the speeds you drive your car at. Congrats on owning easily the best car below 11L.
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:33   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
I havent been able to figure out the mileage figures and how it computes though. I have noticed that when the car is really accelerating and pushing the revs, the Average consumption figures moves higher up 18- 25 kmpl. Whereas when one is cruising at steady speeds of 80-100, the mileage /consumption on the My Car shows a sub ten reading.
Are you sure that your MID setting is km/litre and not litres/100km?
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:11   #476
BHPian

Just check your MID settings. They may be lit/100 kms instead of km/lit.
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:39   #477
BHPian

Do check this
- Fiat Linea -
Dont know which region is this for, but the options available is truly great, amazing accessories, 17" wheels and so much more.
Cant they offer the same options here???
Yes it will cost more but then they will be options one can choose from right?
Just look at the colours... amazing.
Dont we deserve more?
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:32   #478
BHPian

Fiat should put the T-Jet into the Punto, and offer the same setup, like 16 inch wheels and the rest of the goodies. The return of the hot hatch!
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:29   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Fiat should put the T-Jet into the Punto, and offer the same setup, like 16 inch wheels and the rest of the goodies. The return of the hot hatch!
+1, not the return of the hot hatch - A brand new revolution in the hatch segment. no hatch will match this currently.
Old 22nd December 2010, 20:32   #480
CPH
BHPian

I drove the T-Jet Linea the first time in my life. Before that I have driven T-Jet Puntos and Bravos. It was comparatively sluggish to what I am used to in Europe. Handling is good. My business partner said that the dealer representative held himself tight to the seat because I changed lanes to quick and to often on the highway at rather high speeds, which means that it can be driven like a Fiat has to be driven.

When looking under the bonnet to see whether the AIR I had in my luggage would fit, we notices that the demonstrator is fitted with an intercooler that is different than the one in Europe.

Only negative thing was that the car did not have a driver's side mirror, which made me feel a bit uncomfortable having driven the first time in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks