Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2010, 23:23   #331

I've arranged for a TD of the TJet tomorrow. Had been following it up with KHT since last week. Presumably their demo Tjet wasn't registered. Logged in for a TD at the FIAT site and got a call today informing me of the TD tomorrow. Too excited and can't wait to witness for myself this beauty.
Old 13th November 2010, 10:06   #332
BHPian

Whoa Got my HipHop Black TJet + delivered last evening at Prerna Motors, Lalbagh road, bangalore. Boy what a car !

Some quick first impressions, before i start my ownership thread;

1. Torque is absolutly stunning, and having it in this refined petrol engine blows your head away.

2. I actually quite like the gear shifter. I like the rubbery feel, its very engaging and i have not had any issues with slotting.

3. The oversized Tjet logo looks killer in my black car

4. Surprisingly, i found the pedal well quite comfortable. I had found this to be an issue in my dad's emotion pk. Also its got a dead pedal (dont remember this in my dads car)

What i dont like

1. Speakers are terrible and need a change.

2. The dashboard reflection on the glass is quite harsh.

Unfortunately, i am working today and i hope to catch up some good speeds on the highway tomorrow and also take some pictures and post for the forum !

Cheers
Vinay
Old 13th November 2010, 11:10   #333
BHPian

And yes, one other update which is quite important - the increase in the ground clearance by 5 mm seems to work wonders. I have gone through some fiarly steep speed breakers, but no issues of underbody scraping.

So finally, the GC issue also seems to have been resolved in the Linea at 170 mm.
Old 13th November 2010, 11:13   #334
BANNED

Wow Vinay. Good to read your first impressions of T-Jet. Waiting for my Linea now!

P.S: Will you change your signature?
Old 13th November 2010, 11:49   #335
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congrats Vinay!!!

If you were in Pune, I would have come from anywhere to anywhere to meet you and the 'Super' car. Anyways...

Do post some Super pics of the Super car.

Enjoy!!!

Hoping for millions of happy miles with t-jet.
Old 13th November 2010, 12:19   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Whoa Got my HipHop Black TJet + delivered last evening at Prerna Motors, Lalbagh road, bangalore. Boy what a car !

Vinay
congrats Vinay on the purchase of a great car, please do the run-in diligently, it will serve you well in the long run.

Quote:

Vinay
please use Sonax COCKPIT SPRAY on the dashboard, it eliminates excessive shine on the dashboard & hence no reflection on to the windscreen.
Old 13th November 2010, 12:24   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor-head View Post

3. City handles like a boat at 130Kmph and above. I was nervous zipping between trucks and other cars. In a linea i could just relax and it would behave exactly the way i wanted to, as if this was my own body's extension.
Heart says Linea, Head says city
"City handles like a boat" meaning good? I have sailed lots of boats

Yes I was all for Linea but Zigwheels friends recommended the ANHC.
I wonder if I have made a good choice!

Capt Nandu Chitnis
Old 13th November 2010, 13:42   #338
BHPian

Quote:

Some quick first impressions, before i start my ownership thread;

1. Torque is absolutly stunning, and having it in this refined petrol engine blows your head away.

2. I actually quite like the gear shifter. I like the rubbery feel, its very engaging and i have not had any issues with slotting.

3. The oversized Tjet logo looks killer in my black car

4. Surprisingly, i found the pedal well quite comfortable. I had found this to be an issue in my dad's emotion pk. Also its got a dead pedal (dont remember this in my dads car)

What i dont like

1. Speakers are terrible and need a change.

Unfortunately, i am working today and i hope to catch up some good speeds on the highway tomorrow and also take some pictures and post for the forum !

Cheers
Vinay
Congrats Vinay. Proud owner of a super car

Eagerly waiting for your ownership review and buying experience.
Old 13th November 2010, 14:03   #339
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the beautiful car. Looking forward to your thread. How was the whole dealership experience? You mentioned in one of your posts your dad also has a Linea - was the dealrship experience better than when you'll brought the first Linea home ?
Old 13th November 2010, 15:17   #340
BHPian

Vinay can u please let us know the OTR?
Concorde is giving T-Jet+ premium color for 1076900
1094316 - 5350(ext warranty discount)- 12000 (corporate discount) = 1076900
They are giving away sunfilm and other lollipops like mudflaps etc.

EDIT: Prerana has also given the same quote as concorde including the corporate discount. But they dont have any car in stock.

Kht is thinking whether to come back or not. They have 1085000 for non-premium meaning 1091000 for premium.

I am hunting for the Sunbeam biege or Bossa Nova White. Seems its available in stock with concorde.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 13th November 2010 at 15:21.
Old 13th November 2010, 15:31   #341
BHPian

In addition to the previous post...

I took a TD of linea today. Enough has been talked about its torque, pull and power so no comments there.

I felt some downside as well (though I am going ahead with the car).
I think it may be due to the pathetic tyres, on a pebble road the steering gave a cheap car type vibs. A kind hitting arms.
I never feel like that in my Palio. It negotiates the potholes and pebbles without any worry. But again I have Yoko A drives in my Palio.

Secondly,I dont know how many GTX owners TDed the Tjet. If they have then they have to admit that GTX handles better than Tjet. And GTX does feels much better than T-Jet (I dont know whether it is only me with this perception).

At low revs, (I am being honest), I did not find a drastic difference even with my Palio 1.2. Kick comes in Tjet only when u floor it. At low revvs it is as good as any other car. And to be very honest, I felt ANHC does a better job in that respect.

But anyways, I am hard footed, T-Jet has the character which I always wished to have in MY car.

I got clear signs of straining in the T-jet when floored in 1st or 2nd gear. I wish they had placed the GTX engine instead of this turbocharged.

AN advice to those who are REALLY liking T-jet- PLEASE drive the GTX to know what Fiat is!.. T-Jet is a substandard when placed before GTX.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 13th November 2010 at 15:33.
Old 13th November 2010, 15:34   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Vinay can u please let us know the OTR?
Concorde is giving T-Jet+ premium color for 1076900
1094316 - 5350(ext warranty discount)- 12000 (corporate discount) = 1076900
They are giving away sunfilm and other lollipops like mudflaps etc.

EDIT: Prerana has also given the same quote as concorde including the corporate discount. But they dont have any car in stock.

Kht is thinking whether to come back or not. They have 1085000 for non-premium meaning 1091000 for premium.

I am hunting for the Sunbeam biege or Bossa Nova White. Seems its available in stock with concorde.
It cost me 10.80 lacs on road, i got the linea carpets, mudflaps (i affixed only the front ones, since its required for protecting the body, the rear ones look terrrible) and the extended warranty free. I dont get the corporate discount since i dont work for an MNC :(

I dont think you would get anything more on a Tjet with any other dealer as well. I had booked the car on the first day and they took about 6 days to get the car.

Cheers
Old 13th November 2010, 15:58   #343
BHPian

Hey Vinay congratulations. Looking forward to photopgraphs... So now you have had ownership of 5 Fiats?
Old 13th November 2010, 16:11   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Cheers
Vinay
Congrats
Have fun and Drive safe!
Old 13th November 2010, 16:21   #345
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your new car, Vinay!

Quote:
What i dont like

You need a polarized sunglass. Get a pair of Maui Jim.

Quote:
Waiting for more updates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks