Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 15:46   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I asked about some corporate offer at KHT. They said they are already operating on a very low margin (compared to Tata maybe), and they cannot offer a single rupee discount.

I dont know to what extent was he fooling me!.
I think the corporate discount is offered by the company and not the dealer. When I bought my Punto, there were no discounts announced by Fiat on it, but the dealer still made arrangements to get me a corporate discount. But, I don't know if the dealer also has to take a cut in his margins due to the corporate discount.
Old 9th November 2010, 16:51   #287
BHPian

I called two dealers in Bangalore - KHT and Prerana and both they dont yet have a TD vehicle. Can anyone from Bangalore please confirm if they have booked a T-Jet where they did a TD ??

Thanks.
Old 9th November 2010, 17:32   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
I called two dealers in Bangalore - KHT and Prerana and both they dont yet have a TD vehicle. Can anyone from Bangalore please confirm if they have booked a T-Jet where they did a TD ??

Thanks.
I have not booked but did a test drive from Prerna motors showroom on Sarjapur outer Ring Road.
Old 9th November 2010, 19:29   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
I actually sold the Civic as my friend was ready to buy it immediately. My decision might look bold, but I did all the needed ground work before finalizing on my Decision of T-Jet.

On road prices in Bangalore are:

T-Jet Plus : 10.88lacs No discounts/offers.

City V : 11.13lacs

Civic V : 16.28lacs
You cannot compare T-jet plus with City V. Correct comparison is between T-Jet Plus and City V Elegance. I bet, the difference would be near 80K.
Old 9th November 2010, 19:34   #290
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
You cannot compare T-jet plus with City V. Correct comparison is between T-Jet Plus and City V Elegance. I bet, the difference would be near 80K.
I posted the prices not for comparison, but just for knowledge sake. Anyways, enough of HONDA so I am least bothered about the ever escalating prices of HONDA. I hope at least they provide all features needed at that price bracket.

Last edited by EARTHed : 9th November 2010 at 19:39.
Old 9th November 2010, 19:39   #291
Senior - BHPian

EARTHed, Congratulations on the Fiat Linea T-Jet.

I'm still confused, should I call that an downgrade or upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
EARTHed is not comparing Fiat Linea T-Jet with Honda Civic.

I guess that you didn't read his post in the last page.

FYI, EARTHed has sold his pre-worshiped Honda Civic to his friend and he has booked a Fiat Linea T-Jet.

And yes, I do agree with you on the comparison part

Amith
Old 9th November 2010, 19:43   #292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
EARTHed, Congratulations on the Fiat Linea T-Jet.
I'm still confused, should I call that an downgrade or upgrade?
Amith
hmm! Its definitely an upgrade as I am now buying a pure driver's car with a TURBO charged engine! Linea has the Soul and Character which I didn't find in the Civic.

Frankly what feature of Civic will I miss in Linea? I guess only the nice dash and the digital speedo and also the huge service bills!
Old 9th November 2010, 22:00   #293
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you guys for the suggestions.

I booked the T-Jet Plus. No Corporate Discount as I am not eligible for it. But yes, they are giving me the basic accessories for free.
The day i TD'ed the T-Jet with you, i am left speechless.

The T-jet for sure is on par, or even better when it comes to features loaded, with any other sedans in its class for its price. The interiors are packed better, the upholstery quality has gone up by leaps and bounds.

The car for sure will take this segment by storm. Well done FIAT

And GTO's reviews are the Best, unbiased and clear.
Old 10th November 2010, 09:46   #294

TJET Fuel efficiency

Hi all,

Seems everyone is more interested in TJET version and thats the way to go.
However, please can anyone share the fuel efficiency figures expected in city/highway for TJET ?

I guess i should not be asking the FE of this turbo machine, but still as normal Indians we like to have the range of FE for T JET.

I have seen forum members reporting about 12 / 18 as city/highway Fuel efficiency for normal petrol variant
Old 10th November 2010, 10:09   #295
Senior - BHPian

@Swifts- T-JET should have the same FE or slightly better FE as compared to the normal 1.4 NA petrol Linea, if driven in the same manner.

As per the three T-JET ownership reviews I have read, it is giving 16-19kmpl on Highways. I have no idea about city FE and the sample size as of now is small (based on input from 3 T-JET reviews only) to have a fair assumption.
Moreover, those cars haven't completed their 5000Km on the odo.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 10th November 2010 at 10:11.
Old 10th November 2010, 12:01   #296
Senior - BHPian

A little OT

Experts, is it technically feasible to put the 205/55 R16 tyres on the Linea MJD? The only factor that I would like to be better on the MJD is the GC. Adding these tyres will improve the GC by a few mms for sure.

Please comment.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:28   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
A little OT

Experts, is it technically feasible to put the 205/55 R16 tyres on the Linea MJD? The only factor that I would like to be better on the MJD is the GC. Adding these tyres will improve the GC by a few mms for sure.

Please comment.
I don't think it should be an issue. The only problem you will face is the kilometer reading error due to the change in wheel diameter. I'm not sure if this can be programmed into the car.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:34   #298
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Experts, is it technically feasible to put the 205/55 R16 tyres on the Linea MJD?
What about the wheels? Will you also buy the T-Jet wheels? Each wheel might cost around 13k in TASC.

Ajay: There are relevant threads about Alloy wheels for FIATs. You can post further queries there.

Last edited by EARTHed : 10th November 2010 at 13:42.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:34   #299
BHPian

[quote=PaddleShifter;2135101
As per the three T-JET ownership reviews I have read, it is giving 16-19kmpl on Highways. I have no idea about city FE and the sample size as of now is small (based on input from 3 T-JET reviews only) to have a fair assumption.
Moreover, those cars haven't completed their 5000Km on the odo.[/quote]

Are these 3 T-Jet ownership reviews on T-BHP? Where are they?
Old 10th November 2010, 13:39   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about the wheels? Will you also buy the T-Jet wheels? Each wheel might cost around 13k in TASC.
EARTHed: Yes. I will exchange the whole wheel+tyre setup on MJD with the setup on the T-Jet. Would that be possible, technically? What all issues could arise?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks