Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 11:15   #271
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : You have been warned earlier. Team-BHP does NOT entertain fanboy posts, or any content that is blindly biased in favour of / against a brand.

We advise you to keep your contribution sufficiently neutral.

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2010 at 11:24.
PaddleShifter is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th November 2010, 12:27   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alavandar View Post
! I only feel sorry that they do not speak convent English and give me an inflated bill.
What I meant was, their bills are Ok, not inflated and spares .to my knowledge, are reasonably priced. Forgive my ambiguous Angrez!
Old 8th November 2010, 12:39   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Overdrive thinks Fiat 1.4 T-Jet Plus is pricey! In their road test article in November 2010 issue, Overdrive cites 'pricey' as T-Jet's only negative! Overdrive deserves award for their best joke of the year.
Attachment 449967 Attachment 449968
Torquey but Pricey !... They have similar comments about Lambo's and Ferraris ..

LOL!. I read overdrive as an alternative to watching aaj tak (remember Amitabh getting cold as breaking news?)..

Way back in 2000 in one of their issue I remember them abusing the Kawasaki Caliber. There were quotations like "The tank cap with a BMW type dhakkan looks good but often leaks" . This statement was totally unprofessional as a reporter. The same overdrive did not wait for more than 2 months to praise the same bike.

Corruption in these sponsored magazines is no surprise. Remember the blabbering Bajaj's Swirl injection article flowing in 6-7 pages in overdrive? I was confused whether its an ad or an article.

OT and on the bad part of mine- I am inherently happy that there are people underestimating/abusing the T-Jet. The car will get equal/more number of turning heads than S10/GTXs due to its uniqueness e.g. how many heads turn for ANHC/Verna/SX4/fiesta/Optra? Linea does attract a second look wantedly or unwantedly.
And fun of real fiat is known ONLY to the fiat owners.

There is no point in arguing to prove that T-Jet is better. If someone has sensible brain, let them make their own sensible decision.
Old 8th November 2010, 13:20   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Torquey but Pricey !... They have similar comments about Lambo's and Ferraris ..

OT and on the bad part of mine- I am inherently happy that there are people underestimating/abusing the T-Jet. The car will get equal/more number of turning heads than S10/GTXs due to its uniqueness e.g. how many heads turn for ANHC/Verna/SX4/fiesta/Optra? Linea does attract a second look wantedly or unwantedly.
And fun of real fiat is known ONLY to the fiat owners.
1. Did they mean Princely? It may be the printer's devil at work! Because, T Jet is one awesome car brimming with features and bold initiatives in the right direction.
2. I agree with you that Linea is definitely a head turner.
3. Also, many people express concern about the turbo-charger. I think, Fiat, who designed and made excellent engines also knows how to make an excellent turbo charger and integrate it with the engine. I had practically seen with my MJD that other than man-made disasters I did not have any issue, not even a puncture till 17000 km. Linea's 15000 km service interval is best in class.Any rival views?
Old 8th November 2010, 16:45   #275
BHPian

Test drive of the T-Jet + in Chennai Concorde

Friends,

Took a long test drive of T-Jet +. My observations,

1. The car feels high in terms of seating position (overall). I have driven an MJD for close to 30k kms but I found the T-Jet fairly tall. I think the height of the car is because of R16 wheels. But the increase in height is very very evident or those who have driven the earlier Lineas will for sure feel it the moment you settle in the car.

2. None of the "giant" speed breakers scrapped the bottom. We were 3 adults in the car. There is one speed breaker which used to scrape even with one person in my earlier MJD. But T-Jet+ went above that without any fuss. The point to note is I didnt reduce the speed as much as I do in my MJD but still sailed over the speed breaker without scraping it. I actually felt happy to know that the low GC issue is now gone in the T-Jet.

3. Little tricky to drive below 1500 RPM. Evident turbo lag. Keep it in the right gear and it will effortlessly pull.

4. Power delivery is linear but very strong. In no time I was at 120 in 3rd with the engine wanting to deliver more in the same gear. I thought the car must do an indicated 135-140 in 3rd.

5. The car revs upto 6500 RPM but feels strained and vocal after 6k.. But I find the turbo spooling effective until 4.5 - 5000 RPM.. The pull is really strong from 1800 and goes all the way upto 5000 RPM. You can still go further upto 6500RPM if you wish to do so. The best thing is if you are in 2000RPM range and want to overtake a speeding vehicle, just push the metal and the vehicle will simply appear as a dot in your rear view mirror.

6. Plastic quality has definitely improved. You have to check in person to feel the interiors. I felt everything was better fit inside the cabin. Esp. the key area is perfect now.

7. Leather seats give a rich feel to the car's ambience. Definitely a good addition to the already long list of features.

8. OEM music system has nothing to write about. My age old music system in my house has better acoustics.

9. Instant consumption was hoovering around 19km/lt when cruising at 90kmhr for a few minutes in 5th gear.. I guess, if driven sensibly, at about 100-120km/lt in highways.. the car should deliver 17km/lt without any fuss. But keeping a light foot in the car is going to be very difficult. I am sure the T-Jet owners are going to give a hard time to all other drivers in highways. This will also include some D-Segment stonkers..

10. The exhaust tip looks aftermarket-ish.. Not so good to call it as a signature for T-Jet.

11. The brakes are simply awesome.. One of the best brakes I have experienced so far. Thanks to all wheel discs. I dont have to talk about ride and handling of Linea. Simply the best in the class.

11. The onroad price in Chennai is 9.79 for T-Jet and 10.29 for T-Jet plus. They offer Ex. Warranty free and Corporate discount as of now which will account close to 18-20k...

In my perspective, this car is simply the best if you want a drivers' petrol under 10 lakhs (Mini RS). And for those who look at VFM, T-Jet, with those long laundry list of features, is a no brainer. FIAT has surely a winner in their hand.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 8th November 2010 at 17:00.
Old 9th November 2010, 10:31   #276
BANNED

Japan to Italy

I read reviews of T-Jet in all other sites and found the Team Bhp official review by GTO the best!

Before I bought my Pre-Worshipped Civic, I considered buying the T-Jet. But the specs were not out. Then I came across GTO's thread of Pre-Worshipped CIVIC and I felt it was really VFM. I searched for three months and finally found a real good one. I paid 12.8lacs for January 2010 Civic V. My Civic service bill was close to 18k!!

But now after reading yet another GTO's thread of T-Jet review and a 6kms Test Drive of T-Jet last week, I felt my Civic is not VFM at all as I paid 12.8lacs for January 2010 Civic V normally aspirated 1.8L engine. Last evening I sold my Civic to my friend who just loves Civic for its reliability and performance for 12.6lacs. I think its a good deal.

I just loved the test drive experience of T-Jet. Superb handling, pretty good interiors, amazing engine performance.

Today I will be booking T-Jet Plus at Prerana Motors. But sadly no discounts. Pdi will be done on Friday. Hope the sales process goes on smoothly.

I will surely start a thread in team Bhp. Thanks once again GTO.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:04   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
But now after reading yet another GTO's thread of T-Jet review and a 6kms Test Drive of T-Jet last week, I felt my Civic is not VFM at all as I paid 12.8lacs for January 2010 Civic V normally aspirated 1.8L engine. Last evening I sold my Civic to my friend who just loves Civic for its reliability and performance for 12.6lacs. I think its a good deal.

I just loved the test drive experience of T-Jet. Superb handling, pretty good interiors, amazing engine performance.

Today I will be booking T-Jet Plus at Prerana Motors. But sadly no discounts. Pdi will be done on Friday. Hope the sales process goes on smoothly.

I will surely start a thread in team Bhp. Thanks once again GTO.
That's indeed a bold move. Its good that you complimented GTO's T-Jet review by taking a TD & making your own decision @ T-Jet. You are lucky to get a customer for your Civic so fast & make very minimal loss on the deal. Pl let us know the OTR price that you are paying for the T-Jet
Old 9th November 2010, 11:09   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
That's indeed a bold move. Its good that you complimented GTO's T-Jet review by taking a TD & making your own decision @ T-Jet. You are lucky to get a customer for your Civic so fast & make very minimal loss on the deal. Pl let us know the OTR price that you are paying for the T-Jet
I actually sold the Civic as my friend was ready to buy it immediately. My decision might look bold, but I did all the needed ground work before finalizing on my Decision of T-Jet.

On road prices in Bangalore are:

T-Jet Plus : 10.88lacs No discounts/offers.

City V : 11.13lacs

Civic V : 16.28lacs

Last edited by EARTHed : 9th November 2010 at 11:11.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:35   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Please inquire again. They do give corporate discount on the T-jet, at least in Pune. That's maybe worth 6000/- or 10,000/-. And it's definitely at the discretion of the dealer.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:37   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quite a bold move swapping your Civic with the T-JET so soon. Congrats on your booking and do post an ownership review whenever possible. I hope you enjoy all the features offered by this car.

Also, didn't they offer any regular discounts like Corporate discount, regular freebies or anything?

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 9th November 2010 at 11:39.
Old 9th November 2010, 12:38   #281
BHPian

Quote:
I actually sold the Civic as my friend was ready to buy it immediately. My decision might look bold, but I did all the needed ground work before finalizing on my Decision of T-Jet.

On road prices in Bangalore are:

City V : 11.13lacs

Civic V : 16.28lacs
Indeed a bold move - TJet fits the bill for a perfect car

In Chennai, dealers are offering the below free
Mudflap
Floor mats
Waiver on extended warranty (Rs. 5350)
Corporate discount varying from Rs. 5000 to Rs. 12000 depending on the organisation you are working for.

Last edited by bnzjon : 9th November 2010 at 12:41.
Old 9th November 2010, 12:50   #282
BHPian

I asked about some corporate offer at KHT. They said they are already operating on a very low margin (compared to Tata maybe), and they cannot offer a single rupee discount.

I dont know to what extent was he fooling me!.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:04   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I asked about some corporate offer at KHT. They said they are already operating on a very low margin (compared to Tata maybe), and they cannot offer a single rupee discount.

I don't know to what extent was he fooling me!.
I know its off topic. However, the same dealer offered 6K as corporate discount. The dealer is definitely fooling you. Drop an email to FIAT that the dealer is refusing the corporate discount.

10.88 Lacs seems a bit higher mainly due to the 15% Life Time Road Tax. However, its still lesser than the City.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:42   #284
Senior - BHPian

In Pune the scheme is Free extended warranty+RSA, corporate discount 5-10K, mud flaps and mats. I suggest you also check with Concorde.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:48   #285
BANNED

Thank you guys for the suggestions.

I booked the T-Jet Plus. No Corporate Discount as I am not eligible for it. But yes, they are giving me the basic accessories for free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks