Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 12:39   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Though OT, I would like to highlight the change seen.

EARTHed - thats a nice set of pictures you have posted to show the difference.

Also the difference is quite prominent. I did check with my colleagues new punto in broad day light for any ill fittings, guess what, the car came out without any those earlier lamblasted finishing.
Old 16th November 2010, 13:12   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
I couldn't wait any longer and here are the first 2 pictures of my hiphop Tjet taken from my blackberry ! I would do a full fledged photo shoot later this weekend and share it with all. I also owe the forum a review which i would also start on my initial booking thread which is locked :(

cheers
How about a photoshoot this month end with three Lineas (black, vine and Sunbeam biege) and one Nikon D300??
Old 16th November 2010, 14:14   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
How about a photoshoot this month end with three Lineas (black, vine and Sunbeam biege) and one Nikon D300??

I am game for the photoshoot And with the combination you mention, we would beat Fiat advertisements hands down !

cheers
vinay
Old 16th November 2010, 16:16   #379
BHPian

TDed the J-Jet

Just finished the TD of the T-Jet... It's a MONSTER

There have been detailed reviews & TD experiences already posted, so i'll just post my experience, likes & dislikes in brief.

Experience
Was floored even before i sat in the car, those meaty 205/55 R16 alloys give that menacing look to the car. Once you get in you immediately notice the much improved interors and the fit n finish to go with it. Right from cranking the engine to revving it to the redline & shifting through the gears, the car never feels feels as if it is being forced to do what it is doing (and trust me it was doing a LOT). Power is linear and abundant (almost never ending), the ride is even better, sailing over the worst of surfaces smoothly and then to complete the package are the awesome all disc brakes. Once we stopped back at my office, I just couldn't stop grinning, and just kept sayng "hoh hoh hoh... wow" about 3-4 times.... That's when I noticed the dealer guy still clutching onto the centre arm rest with one hand and the door rest with the other (as I mentioned earlier, the car was doing a LOT ). And he was a mind reader (or face reader), he then just asked "So, when are you buying the car... gadi pasand to aagayee aap ko"
My answer - March-April 2011 - Need the mullah to to make 45-50% as down payment, need to reduce the burden on the EMIs as much as possible.

On Road price in Hyderabad
T-Jet - 10.15
T-Jet+ - 10.67
Without discounts. He did mention though that Extended Warrenty could be waived, Corporate discount of 10-12K and freebies like mats, mud flaps could be extended.

My Likes
  • Instant response to the TD request (1 Day) - had asked for the TD yeaterday and the guy came to my office with the car today
  • The power and delivery of the same was awesome... Linear and smooth (and almost never ending)
  • Was a cake walk to drive this beauty in traffic - hardly required any gear changes
  • GC - Didn't scrape the car on a single bump or speed breaker - consciously took the car over some really bad roads
  • The breaking was really confidence inspiring... stops in a straight line, irrespective of speed or road condition
  • Gadgets/Equipment galore - Leather, 16" alloys, Blue&Me, Rear AC vents, MyCar etc
  • Fit n Finish - Great improvement from the existing linea, pannel gaps minimal & consistant (both inside & out)
  • Interior plastic quality - Greatly improved (but not great)
  • You just can't drive it with a light foot (No Way!!)
  • Aboulute VFM Package
My Dislikes:
  • Gear shifts are good, except while changing from 4th to 5th - a little rubery and distant
  • Getting your foot on the dead pedal is a squeeze
  • OEM sound system - change it as soon as you buy the car
  • The hood when closed, had a little play (you could still lift it by 1-2mm) - not sure if this was specific to this TD car or not -- Request owners / TDers to check/comment
  • Getting to adjust the perfect driving position is very tricky - takes a bit of time. once you find that position, don't change it, you'll again take forever to find that exact same driving position. Couldn't really put my fingure on why it was so!??!?

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th November 2010 at 16:24. Reason: Use report post to notify mod team, also restrict smilie usage to 2 per post. Thanks
Old 16th November 2010, 16:58   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
Just finished the TD of the T-Jet... It's a MONSTER
How Do You Compare the experience with ANHC or Vento

Note from Team-BHP Support : DO NOT quote large text, picture or video quotes. It inconveniences our low bandwidth and mobile users.

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th November 2010 at 22:33.
Old 16th November 2010, 17:27   #381
BHPian

@Sabby-069 vbmenu_register("postmenu_2142329", true);

The hood has adjustable bushes mounted on screws. So if you notice any play, it can be adjusted immediately.
Old 16th November 2010, 17:56   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
I am game for the photoshoot And with the combination you mention, we would beat Fiat advertisements hands down !

cheers
vinay
Dec 1st week I will get my sunbeam biege.
booked the car today.
Old 16th November 2010, 18:00   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyushlall View Post
How Do You Compare the experience with ANHC or Vento
@piyushlall:
IMO -
ANHC, is just not VFM - Just not loaded enough for the money you pay for it, though the build quality is great, it feels very flimsy by the looks. The T-Jet, in real life conditions (leaving the stats apart) seems a lot quicker & eager - in all driving conditions. A pure enthusisat's car.
VENTO (Petrol), just did not seem refined to me. The space inside is very limited, specifically the shoulder room, and I somehow found the roofline also to be very low at the optimum driving height (go lower than that, and the odo display & steering obstruct your view.
VENTO (Diesel), can't comment as I haven't TDed it yet (I'm all for petrol cars)

And to put it simply - I got nowhere close to saying "hoh hoh hoh... wow" after any other TD
Old 16th November 2010, 18:07   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
@Sabby-069 vbmenu_register("postmenu_2142329", true);

The hood has adjustable bushes mounted on screws. So if you notice any play, it can be adjusted immediately.
Hi PM-B;
Thanks. I was just trying to check if this was a one off case or others have noticed it as well. Also, I just felt that when you take a car for TD, you (read "dealer") ensure that such small niggles are corrected (especially when it is possible to fix them immediately). That too, when you are talking of a car which is trying to get over similar persistant issues with the earlier models.
Old 16th November 2010, 20:30   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
booked the car today.
Hi Madhukar

Would you mind sharing details like quoted price, discounts, name of dealer etc?
Old 16th November 2010, 21:49   #386
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Did you mean my wine Linea? Wow! I am excited for the photoshoot!!

Regarding the keyhole pics, here are comparison of how the quality of plastics improved over time.

2009 Punto
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-pc255968.jpg

2010 Punto
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-154378_165984243433711_100000664092088_367495_4278573_n.jpg

2010 T-Jet
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00108.jpg
Old 16th November 2010, 22:01   #387
MCR
BHPian

Congrats Vinayss, Earthed and Madhukar on the car.Going by the TD experiences, I am getting more and more tempted to TD the T-jet myself. Lets see, if life is a bit more generous, I will own one in 2011. Punto MJD with a Linea T-jet should make for a good garage.
Vinayss and Earthed, please start the ownership threads.

Last edited by MCR : 16th November 2010 at 22:02.
Old 17th November 2010, 08:20   #388
BHPian

Something very minor - Can any of the recent buyers of T-Jet please confirm if audio remote is part of the standard package. Read somewhere that Fiat has discontinued it.
Old 17th November 2010, 10:08   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
booked the car today.
Which dealer have You booked. Is the vehicle not available in stock or you have planned delivery in Dec
Old 17th November 2010, 10:29   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkateshkm View Post
Hi Madhukar

Would you mind sharing details like quoted price, discounts, name of dealer etc?
Sure !!
Dealer - Prerana Motors.. rajajinagar
On road price - 10.8L
Discount - 5400 for extended warranty and 4000 corporate discount
freebies not much - mats, mud gurards, sun films.. still to negotiate some more... dont know what though

the sales guy has been good and helpful and i am generally satisfied with pre-sales to present. let me know i can pm you the details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks