Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 12:10   #496
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

THANKS THANKS THANKS GTO!!

Your review helped me a lot in buying the T-jet. I will post my ownership review shortly. Have driven close to 250kms. One word.. Driving this car as you have mentioned is "PURE BLISS". This is the best car I have owned and have driven this side of 10L (Alto->Swift->Linea MJD->Linea T-Jet).

Happy with all aspects of the Car including the mileage!! My MID reads 10.1 in B2B traffic.. Will take for a long.. ahh.. rather short (close to 400kms) ride today evening and start my ownership thread tomorrow.. A new beginning in 2011 - The Renaissance!

Regards,
Sathya
Old 31st December 2010, 12:46   #497
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sathya

Heartiest Congratulations!!!

Awesome car you got man. Waiting for your ownership report eagerly.
Old 31st December 2010, 14:19   #498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
A new beginning in 2011 - The Renaissance!
Congratulations Satya!
Not sure of the real world sales figures, its raining T-Jets in our forum.

Once you have your ownership report done, can you please place the link here as well?

Thanks
Old 31st December 2010, 15:28   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
The only thing that's holding me back is Fiat's future in India.
Sigh !
Some things dont change at all !
Same thing ran through my mind when I bought by Siena in 2004 !
Am sure same thing ran through the minds of all who bought their Palios & Unos !
Old 31st December 2010, 16:36   #500
BHPian

Hi Sathya,

In a country where the market decides what car one buys, it is heartening to see people buying the product that they like and not what others like.

What is the use of people asking for the moon and finally settling for the ones that the market says is good despite knowing in their hearts that that is not what he wants?

Congrats on following your heart and enjoy the miles in your dream machine.
Old 31st December 2010, 19:51   #501
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
THANKS THANKS THANKS GTO!!

Your review helped me a lot in buying the T-jet. I will post my ownership review shortly.
Regards,
Sathya
@Sathya: Congrats on your Jet! I have test driven the T-Jet and it is one awesome machine I must say. The initial pick up I felt was better in the MJD. But the MJD runs out of breath at around 3500 rpm and then you have to shift gear to continue accelerating. But once the T-Jet starts pulling, there is no end to it in any gear including the fifth. It just keeps on pulling.
Old 1st January 2011, 13:25   #502
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Am not sure if I read here before but has any GTX/S10 owner written down impressions on T-Jet? It would be interesting to read.

@thesilentone - Very well said!
Old 1st January 2011, 15:21   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Satya!
Not sure of the real world sales figures, its raining T-Jets in our forum.

Once you have your ownership report done, can you please place the link here as well?

Thanks
VB-San.. Here is the link of my review.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nea-t-jet.html

Thanks everyone and would request all to continue about my T-JET discussion in my ownership thread (link provided above).
Old 3rd January 2011, 20:33   #504
BHPian

Congrats once again to Sathya on the T-Jet!

I have one question regarding the degradation of engine performance with fuel quality.

I have a belief that the fuel quality available in India can have a big impact on the way the T-Jet roars.
There's no problem in cities. However, in villages and remote hilly regions, the fuel quality isn't reliable. In fact, from Bangalore to Chennai, we had reports of RON reaching as low as 82!!
I'd like to know if we can get some concrete info from Fiat about the Octane ratings for which they've designed the car i.e., what tolerances are acceptable for the engine to run without knocking. @GTO, throw some light

Never-the-less, I'm waiting for a chance to test drive the T-Jet! Can't wait to hear the Turbo!!
Old 3rd January 2011, 20:57   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Am not sure if I read here before but has any GTX/S10 owner written down impressions on T-Jet? It would be interesting to read.

@thesilentone - Very well said!
One sentence answer - GTX owners will NOT be satisfied by the T-Jet.
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:05   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
One sentence answer - GTX owners will NOT be satisfied by the T-Jet.
If you don't mind, can you explain the reason?

I guess you upgraded to T-Jet from Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX.
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:22   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
If you don't mind, can you explain the reason?

I guess you upgraded to T-Jet from Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX.
No I upgraded from the 1.2 but I have driving GTX a lot.
The GTX handles better than the Jet, the gear ratios are different which gives a better drag in GTX. The Jet needs good amount of gear shifts while dragging.

The steering of GTX is something to die for. I think FIAT did a cost cutting in retaining the steering tech from GTX. GTX steering gives a video game joy-stick type feeling, everything on fingertips. The Jet misses that feeling, but it is not that bad either as well.

Also I find the clutch travel in Linea a little peculiar. The clutch in GTX has a lesser travel and is very responsive when starting from static. Jet OTOH while starting does gives an impression of heavy car for first say 10kmph reach.

BUT, after say 80 kmph both the cars are almost the same, same sound, same response etc. Leave the diff of 1-2 sec to reach the 100 kmph mark, you may find marginal difference in the Engine behaviors of both the cars.

And simplistic interiors of GTX gives a rather no-delicate feeling as compared to more plasticy Linea (I may sound too conservative here).

BUT, anyday the Linea is better than other sub 11 lakhs car in the segment but certainly a diff of 5 lakhs from the GTX is not worth it when it comes to driveability.
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:59   #508
Senior - BHPian

The latest December sales figures are out and unfortunately even the good old Ambassador has outsold all the Fiats combined. Whats happening here? A car as good as a Linea or even a Punto should do a lot better.
Old 4th January 2011, 00:42   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
No I upgraded from the 1.2 but I have driving GTX a lot.
The GTX handles better than the Jet, the gear ratios are different which gives a better drag in GTX. The Jet needs good amount of gear shifts while dragging.

The steering of GTX is something to die for. I think FIAT did a cost cutting in retaining the steering tech from GTX. GTX steering gives a video game joy-stick type feeling, everything on fingertips. The Jet misses that feeling, but it is not that bad either as well.

Also I find the clutch travel in Linea a little peculiar. The clutch in GTX has a lesser travel and is very responsive when starting from static. Jet OTOH while starting does gives an impression of heavy car for first say 10kmph reach.

BUT, after say 80 kmph both the cars are almost the same, same sound, same response etc. Leave the diff of 1-2 sec to reach the 100 kmph mark, you may find marginal difference in the Engine behaviors of both the cars.

And simplistic interiors of GTX gives a rather no-delicate feeling as compared to more plasticy Linea (I may sound too conservative here).

BUT, anyday the Linea is better than other sub 11 lakhs car in the segment but certainly a diff of 5 lakhs from the GTX is not worth it when it comes to driveability.
Are you saying the steering and handling in the Linea is not so good?
I thought it is awesome and simply the best (within 10-11 lacs budget)as per my TD.

Also, if the GTX gives same level of performance as the TJet, which all said and done is a much older engine, then what is the point in the Tjet with all the hi-fi tech , turbo petrol engine and all?

I thought the Tjet really has kick *** performance but does not seem like that from your comments! I have been literally forcing one of my close friends to buy the TJet over the ANHC. Now I am somewhat confused.

Last edited by adimicra : 4th January 2011 at 00:43.
Old 4th January 2011, 11:15   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Are you saying the steering and handling in the Linea is not so good?
I thought it is awesome and simply the best (within 10-11 lacs budget)as per my TD.

Also, if the GTX gives same level of performance as the TJet, which all said and done is a much older engine, then what is the point in the Tjet with all the hi-fi tech , turbo petrol engine and all?

I thought the Tjet really has kick *** performance but does not seem like that from your comments! I have been literally forcing one of my close friends to buy the TJet over the ANHC. Now I am somewhat confused.
I was kind of contemplating this :-) .. The engine tech of GTX and T-Jet is one generation apart(FIRE vs Turbo FIRE and some modifications). The GTX engine is less green and is more thirsty (read more gas for lesser weight). There are many more tech differences which is beyond the scope of this thread.

Handling of T-Jet is class apart from ANHC, believe me I even do not find the civic to reach the standards of Jet in terms of handling.
BUT, now you can very well imagine the handling of GTX if I say it is better than the Jet.
T-Jet does a good work in curves which is mainly due to properly tuned suspension, the GTX OTOH is a stonker on places where there is no road (read Bangalore) ..
You can drag a GTX without worrying about the potholes, but the case is not true with Linea.

It is just that T-Jet has given an impact on average Indian customer who were busy in bashing Fiat without even driving one.

Give the GTX those 16" alloys, a T-Jet engine, all four discs, B&M and other bells and whistles, and you get a car class apart from Linea T-Jet.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 4th January 2011 at 11:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks