Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2010, 22:41   #406
BHPian

@ oxymoron, as in a spouse so with choosing a car, it's compatibility that would matter more than low-and-easy maintenance, in my reckoning! Unless low-maintenance overrides all other factors. And the Honda is by no means low on maintenance either. There are enough horror stories about Honda service as well, it's just that people are a little more forgiving with an aspirational product. The Honda only beats the Fiat on certain snob appeal (which is completely misplaced in my view) and resale. And frankly, if you're going to keep your car for five years, or more, resale value really shouldn't matter. And if you want 'status' get a used C-class Merc. And everybody admires the Linea also, vocally or silently (barring maybe a small number of very differently wired folks).

If you like the T-Jet more than the City go for it, or vice versa. Get the one that's going to keep you happy.

I have owned almost every single Fiat model ever sold in India, and most of them are still with me. I even own two Palio 1.6GTX and after what a certain Fiat dealership did with one of them (I'm still working on undoing the damage many months later) I should have sworn off the brand. But I have bought a Grande Punto 1.3 M-Jet yet, and am seriously thinking of a Linea T-jet too. The only reason I'm deliberating on it still is the absence of an automatic tranny on offer. That is the only feature on Hondas that attract me. But then again, for an automatic available today I would plump for the Cruze for a few dollars more! The Linea for all other reasons. Period!

Last edited by Prabal : 21st November 2010 at 22:42.
Old 22nd November 2010, 00:26   #407
BHPian

Thanks guys, even I am also tilting in the favor of Linea, still have around 15 days to decide so would like to linger around with this thought. I know car is a beauty and I won't get bored easily as I got with my year old Swift ZXi, what is astonishing that I still love my 7 year old S10 like anything and whenever I see it, it brings smile on my face.

I test drove it at Fortune Motors, Powai, Mumbai. I have recently shifted to Mumbai from Delhi and I am yet to change it in my signature.
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:09   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
I still love my 7 year old S10 like anything and whenever I see it, it brings smile on my face.
+1 to that boss!
9 years on, over a lakh kms.... I still look back on my GTX after every ride. GTX somehow just becomes an extension of you. Kudos to FIAT for getting in the Linea Tjet. Hopefully will own one sometime next year.

If a car for you is to get from point A to point B, then get any car within your budget. But if you really care how you get from point A to point B, listen to your heart! You will not regret!

Cheers,
Manoj
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:11   #409
Senior - BHPian

Displayed inside a shopping mall.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00001.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00003.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00004.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00005.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00006.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00007.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00008.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00010.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00011.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00012.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00013.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00014.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2010, 10:15   #410
Senior - BHPian

if you want a driving nirvana, its simple- go for the Tjet.
Dont think about resale value. no one can predict future.May be 5-6 years later market is full of hybrids and CNGs and both tjet and honda city have lost its value.

So if you are a true driver and you want to opt for petrol , belive me Tjet is what you should be flying. heavy sheet metal, safe, planted and precise steering backed by a jet engine. what else do you need?
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:48   #411
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
whereas Linea comes fully loaded though one thing which really needs a mention here is that interiors/ambiance of City is better which is making me confused.
Hi oxymoron. I am driving a T-JET and would like to add that the ride and handling characteristics of this car are superior along with the fully loaded features and a turbocharged petrol engine.
By the way, interiors can always be customized to one's liking. Do visit the ownership thread of Linea 1.4 by NutsNBolts and see how interior ambience can be vastly improved to your liking. Check out his seat covers.

Go with what you feel is better package out of the two. Good Luck.
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:40   #412
Senior - BHPian

@sidindica:
Thanks for the stunning photos.

T Jet is for sure a real stunner in terms of looks. I think this colour on T Jet is a killer and i think I have started to prefer Linea T Jet to ANHC, in almost all the aspects. Yes, ANHC has tremendous resale value, but who wants to sell T Jet !!!!

@EARTHed:
BTW, What happened to the photo shoot you T Jet owners were planning over the weekend? I, and probably, many of us were eagerly waiting for that photoshoot.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 22nd November 2010 at 11:41.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:16   #413
Senior - BHPian

T Jet rated as best midsize petrol car by ACI

In an interesting development, ACI Nov month issues actaully rates Linea TJet as the best midsize petrol car in its category. They had ANHC, Fiesta and SX4 for company. ACI issue states that they gave this rating by considering the 'driver oriented' cars only. Thats why they did not have Vento and Verna.

I think this is significant; as until recently, almost all mags tended to rate ANHC the best car ion its segment without having much of a look at merits of the competition. I almost had a feeling that ANHC will win ALL shootouts irrespective of whether any car is better than it or worse!
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:21   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I think this is significant; as until recently, almost all mags tended to rate ANHC the best car ion its segment without having much of a look at merits of the competition. I almost had a feeling that ANHC will win ALL shootouts irrespective of whether any car is better than it or worse!
Exactly my view. Was very surprised that ACI actually voted the Linea above ANHC. Was going through the issue and I had to look at it twice as I always thought ACI was pro Honda! Great to see the Linea up where it deserves to be.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:54   #415
Senior - BHPian

Go T Jet Go!

I bought the ACI issue last week and was really happy to see they voting T Jet better than the ANHC.

I just hope that all these admirations, accolades, praises will help Fiat India cross the Linea sales cross that dreaded 4 digit mark.

When the Vento was launched, I was so sure that the Vento will make some serious dent in ANHC's market. But, now the Vento along with the T Jet will surely make the ANHC sweat.

GO T JET GO!!!
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:48   #416
Team-BHP Support

It will be great if our testing team can do similar kind of shootouts. That definitely will be more precise and unbiased than many auto mags in the market!
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:43   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Just saw this from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-thread.html

I don't know if this has been discussed or brought up before but would like views of members who are knowledgeable enough on this aspect?

I read the above as saying that '4 lug wheel design on such a driver oriented car is unsafe design'

Does a 4 or 5 lug wheel design have an impact on ride/stability/suspension and safety aspects?
The New Ford Fiesta, Renault Clio & Opel Corsa (new) are some cars that are sporting 4 Bolt holes, with 16 & 17 inch wheels, in Europe. Punto Abarth has 17" wheels with the same bolt holes & is a handling marvel.

Every car manufacture has a process of 'long term durability' test, where the car undergoes testing through extreme conditions, and there are also specific part testings eg. ride & handling, lifecycle test etc.

As per my knowledge, the Linea has one of the finest handling characteristics amongst cars in India. Hence, it does not seem to be a concern.
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:18   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Exactly my view. Was very surprised that ACI actually voted the Linea above ANHC. Was going through the issue and I had to look at it twice as I always thought ACI was pro Honda! Great to see the Linea up where it deserves to be.
ACI was not really pro-Honda. Even before T-jet, ACI rated Linea better than ANHC. I think I still have the copy. ACI road test no. 469 gave 9/10 for Linea and 8/10 (I think) for ANHC.
Old 25th November 2010, 11:03   #419
BHPian

Guys.. There are 2 wine red T-Jets parked next to my apartment these days. 1 is about a week to 10 days old and the other brand new. Thought maybe its one of you guys. Do any of you by any chance stay at Chandra Reddy Layout, Koramangala?

else I guess a lot of people are actually buying the Linea in the T-Jet avatar now
Old 25th November 2010, 19:30   #420
BHPian

Great review, certainly on my list. Looking at the performance figures, it looks like the Palio GTX is much quicker to 100kmph, is it the weight factor?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks